Jodi Arias: Does the state have the goods to convict?

Posted in the Orlando Forum

Comments (Page 1,044)

Showing posts 20,861 - 20,880 of25,739
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
CIG

New Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Mary NY wrote:
<quoted text>
Hiya Ciggy....no worries, she's either going to get LWOP or Death. Arias cried because she believed she was off the hook when it came to a verdict of death. She is in lock down now and will stay there until a jury renders a verdict. The system already worked, she got premeditated murder 1 and cruelty nothing is going to change those facts and I believe no higher court will overturn those verdicts.
Is she really going to be locked 23 hours a day as is being said?
With no interviews?

If that is true, it's some consolation...

btw, is she going to stay on in the same jail as now? I guess so...she lords it over everyone there, she says new inmates come to shake her hand and everyone looks up to her here...
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Tom Horne
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thomas Charles "Tom" Horne (born March 28, 1945)[1] is the current Arizona Attorney General.....

<snip>

Campaign Finance Law Violations [edit]
In October, 2012, after an FBI investigation, Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery concluded that Horne deliberately broke campaign finance laws during his 2010 election campaign by coordinating with an independent expenditure committee.[28] Montgomery has chosen not to file criminal charges in the matter, and has ordered Horne to report and refund hundreds of thousands of dollars of allegedly illegal campaign contributions benefiting Horne's 2010 election campaign.[29]
FBI agents determined that Horne's employees had been coached prior to, and had lied during, interrogations related to the investigation. Montgomery did not file charges of obstruction of justice in these matters, noting that although there is a Federal statute involving lying to an investigator, there is no similar Arizona statute.[30]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Horne

Lying to investigators in Arizona is legal according to state law.....

Level 8

Since: Aug 09

New York

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

CIG wrote:
**coming back with a DP sentence
I understand how you feel as I'm sure many many people didn't trust the jury system after Casey killer walked free. I have heard that over and over throughout this trial and yes I also had worries that her web of lies would get her off until I watched her lie for 18 straight days on the stand.

What you need to keep in mind is that this jury got it right, they convicted her. The hard part is over, she will pay with either her life in prison or with her life getting the DP. Which she more than deserves. Justice was served here no matter what the end result will be.
Sweet Pea

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

How tragic for the family of Travis Akexander. I think the next jury will be quick and unanimous. Lucky for everyone involved, Jodi isn't walking out of there.

Level 8

New York

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

CIG wrote:
<quoted text>
Is she really going to be locked 23 hours a day as is being said?
With no interviews?
If that is true, it's some consolation...
btw, is she going to stay on in the same jail as now? I guess so...she lords it over everyone there, she says new inmates come to shake her hand and everyone looks up to her here...
She is in the same jail but she is alone and will remain alone in a cell away from the general population. She will spend 23 hours a day in that cell until the final phase is completed.

If she is convicted for life she will also stay in maximum lock up 23 hours a day. She will not be running the show from her jail cell. There will be no more interviews. Now she gets a taste of what real prison is going to be like once she arrives.

"As the proceedings continue, Arias will remain in the Maricopa County jail system, where she has spent the past five years. Sheriff Joe Arpaio said Thursday she will be confined to her cell 23 hours a day and not be allowed to give interviews."
Sweet Pea

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Mary NY wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand how you feel as I'm sure many many people didn't trust the jury system after Casey killer walked free. I have heard that over and over throughout this trial and yes I also had worries that her web of lies would get her off until I watched her lie for 18 straight days on the stand.
What you need to keep in mind is that this jury got it right, they convicted her. The hard part is over, she will pay with either her life in prison or with her life getting the DP. Which she more than deserves. Justice was served here no matter what the end result will be.
I agree with your statement. It's an unbelievable opportunity in my opinion that a brand new jury gets to review this gory crime and decide the killer's fate. The law says she must pay for her crime. These people couldn't help Travis. Next!
Sweet Pea

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Mary NY wrote:
<quoted text>
She is in the same jail but she is alone and will remain alone in a cell away from the general population. She will spend 23 hours a day in that cell until the final phase is completed.
If she is convicted for life she will also stay in maximum lock up 23 hours a day. She will not be running the show from her jail cell. There will be no more interviews. Now she gets a taste of what real prison is going to be like once she arrives.
"As the proceedings continue, Arias will remain in the Maricopa County jail system, where she has spent the past five years. Sheriff Joe Arpaio said Thursday she will be confined to her cell 23 hours a day and not be allowed to give interviews."
I bet Joe is as disappointed as anyone. He wanted her out of there. He needs the bed!
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

CIG wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone loves to be positive, everyone wants justice to be served...
but let's be real here...
Did remaining positive help in the Casey Anthony trial? That's just one example but perhaps one of the biggest in recent years...
Everyone knows that the defendant and his/her defense have the upper hand in murder cases...they can do most anything and the Judge, Jury, Prosecutor, State witnesses etc. all have to walk on egg-shells around defendants and their defense team...and many times right before the eyes of the "optimistic" and intelligent world injustice is done and we can do nothing...
SO rather than be foolishly optimistic AFTER having seen what has been happening in the Justice System, it's better to be realistic..and that is that the defendant and defense have been given a renewed chance to play more games...
As far as earlier examples of second juries coming back with a guilty verdict - those cases were not as big or as publicized as this case - and juries did not have to deal with what juries have to deal with in such cases...so the chance that the outcome can be different is equally strong...
I am not a negative person at all in life - in fact just the opposite...
But a reality check where murder trials are concerned is important to keep my sanity...
Having said all that, I wish you are right and all the insecure people like me are wrong - at the end of it all our goal is the same...
This one deserves a repost - it's one of the most thoughtful and frank posts on this entire thread!

I totally agree - it's one thing to form a personal opinion as to what a jury "should" do, but it's utterly over-the- line senseless to attempt to optimistically preach the outcome of events we think should happen, since we have absolutely no control over them.

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
- Albert Einstein
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Sweet Pea wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with your statement. It's an unbelievable opportunity in my opinion that a brand new jury gets to review this gory crime and decide the killer's fate. The law says she must pay for her crime. These people couldn't help Travis. Next!
You forking over anther 2 million?
CIG

New Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Mary NY wrote:
<quoted text>
Mary, a couple of Jodi's sick supporters had written somewhere a few days ago that recently a Death Penalty had been overturned in AZ, and they (Jodi's family & supporters) would fight to find flaws with the case to overturn Jodi's conviction too...

then the other day Jodi said that her cousin had told her that she should not want 'death'(as if she wanted that in the first place) because "a lot of things could be done"

Plus I have seen the high-handedness by Nurmi, Wilmott and Jodi...then ofcourse the Casey Anthony verdict and the indecisiveness of this Jury...

all this kind of makes me a bit nervous...that's all...

This isn't a world for the good people any more Mary...

“Trixie”

Level 8

Since: Nov 11

the mad russian

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

God, I hate Larry Seidlin. He needs to have his vocal cords removed.

Level 8

New York

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Statement by Sheriff Joe Arpaio:

"Because the jury in the Jodi Arias murder trial was hung, Arias will remain as a closed custody inmate in the Maricopa County Sheriff's Estrella Jail. Arias has been in Sheriff Arpaio's care and custody for five years and will stay with MCSO until the judicial system renders a final conclusion as to her fate. As a closed custody inmate, Arias remains in her 7x11 cell for 23 hours a day and Arpaio will no longer permit Arias to give media interviews."

----------

C”-Close – This custody is also known as
Close Custody or Close Confinement. This
custody requires an inmate to have close
supervision and observation and under positive
security control at all times. The offender
must be under armed supervision outside the
perimeter
----------

D”-Maximum – This custody level is a form
of separation from the general population by a
MDOC Classification Hearing Officer where th
e offender’s behavior and conduct pose a long
term, serious threat to life, property, self, staff,
other offenders, or the secure and orderly
running of the institution/facility
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Sweet Pea wrote:
How tragic for the family of Travis Akexander. I think the next jury will be quick and unanimous. Lucky for everyone involved, Jodi isn't walking out of there.
You've already been proven wrong about this jury confidently handing out a death sentence so you would be wise to take time to pause and react as to why that occurred first.

I think there's a good chance the guilty verdict will be appealed first -- because seven of twelve jurors voted Jodi was guilty of Felony Murder. That being proven is impossible because not only did the prosecution not introduce evidence in regard to the unspecified lessor felony having occurred, and neither was Jodi was charged of any lesser felony which could have resulted in a Felony Murder occurring. It seems clear seven juror's didn't understand the part of juror instructions that said they were not allowed to guess!
GLOOMY DAYS

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

AN other wrote:
""If it was 11 to 1 ... for death, you can be sure the prosecutor is going to want a retrial. If it tilted the other way...they may just decide,'No, we're not going to do that, we'll try and cut a deal,'" he [Mark Geragos] said.
If they're not cutting a deal, it must have been close to unanimous???
Is this the same Marky baby whose client Scotty boy is sitting on death row. The same marky baby who dragged in a oat onto the stepsf the Modesto Courthouse????

BWAHAHAHAHA ING My arsse off- If I was lost in the Sahara Desert and he gave me directions to an Oasis I wouldn't trust him.

Tho have to admit the advice he gave to the Smarmy Head Jerking Squinty Eyed Lawyer who defended the Orlando Kid Killer worked well for her.

“EVIL TWINS”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

NOYB

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

I glimpsed @ an above post and had to laugh.
Someone is worried about the money the taxpayers of AZ have spent on this case.
Hell, we the taxpayers have probably spent at least that much to keep this POS and her family for years and years.
The irony is rich indeed!
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

marcemon wrote:
Was Nancy Grace snarling from ear to ear tonight?
GLOOMY DAYS

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

marcemon wrote:
If not that- he needs somebody to cut his tear glands.He always reminds me of an overgrown flunked idiot still trying to make it as Soprano in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

* REFLECT (not react)
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Mary NY wrote:
Statement by Sheriff Joe Arpaio:
"Because the jury in the Jodi Arias murder trial was hung, Arias will remain as a closed custody inmate in the Maricopa County Sheriff's Estrella Jail. Arias has been in Sheriff Arpaio's care and custody for five years and will stay with MCSO until the judicial system renders a final conclusion as to her fate. As a closed custody inmate, Arias remains in her 7x11 cell for 23 hours a day and Arpaio will no longer permit Arias to give media interviews."
----------
C”-Close – This custody is also known as
Close Custody or Close Confinement. This
custody requires an inmate to have close
supervision and observation and under positive
security control at all times. The offender
must be under armed supervision outside the
perimeter
----------
D”-Maximum – This custody level is a form
of separation from the general population by a
MDOC Classification Hearing Officer where th
e offender’s behavior and conduct pose a long
term, serious threat to life, property, self, staff,
other offenders, or the secure and orderly
running of the institution/facility
Yes, a subtle statement which refutes the false rumour that Jodi has or ever had a cell-mate.
felon murderer casey

Cedar Lake, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

marcemon wrote:
don't forget he's a crier so let's hope he can get a twofer

tear ducts & vocal cords in one fell swoop

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 20,861 - 20,880 of25,739
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

12 Users are viewing the Orlando Forum right now

Search the Orlando Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 hr shinningelectr0n 1,078,384
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 6 hr EXECUTE KID KILLERS 483,690
Police looking for purse-snatching sisters (Jun '09) 7 hr MeMe 39
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) 9 hr nina roth 2,383
FL Who do you support for Attorney General in Flor... (Oct '10) 12 hr nina roth 2,063
Has Anybody Seen Or Heard From o2bndisney ? 13 hr WAS sanka 5
Casey Anthony maintains baby sitter was not fab... 13 hr Children should be loved 128
•••
•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••