Why do we lag in art galleries, patrons?

Why do we lag in art galleries, patrons?

There are 25 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Nov 21, 2008, titled Why do we lag in art galleries, patrons?. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

I was in Palm Springs, Calif., last week as a guest of our good friends the Duke of Perugia and his husband, Rob.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
His Grace The Duke

Colton, CA

#1 Dec 11, 2008
I’m not sure of what are you were inspecting in my home but let me assure you of the fact that the quality is of the finest quality and artist. Russian impressionist Titovitz,
Famous fine art painting by Price valued at more than 250,000. One large painting by famous Spanish painter Eduardo Arroyo value 300,000. One oil painting by Louis Icart
To antique paintings of Venice Three portraits by Sascha Lautman , on painting of Venice by Sascha Lautman. Mr. lautmans paintings go for more that 89,000 .00 each.
And his works are hung in the Vatican museum, Luvre museum as well as the White House.
Not to mention the sculpture and fine furniture piece that can be considered art.
For a small weekend Villa you must admit that all of the art in Kenneth the Duke of Perugias home was far above the norm for a home in Florida as well as California.
The floor alone was a work of art.. Hand made mosaic floors from Italy and the masques from the movie “Eyes Wide Shut” these masques were hand made in Venice and used in the movie Eyes Wide Shut. The hand embroidered silk from The Florence factory of Mrs. Pucci wife of the famous designer Pucci..These silks are woven on the same machines as the silk this factory has made since the 14th Century
rdw

Orlando, FL

#2 Dec 11, 2008
whats your point

“Still no change?”

Since: Sep 08

Plant City, FL

#3 Dec 11, 2008
From the story, "Duke of Perugia and his husband, Rob."

The Duke has a husband named "Rob"?
Jeff Lee

Vancouver, Canada

#4 Jun 1, 2009
Looking for information about Los Angeles-area artist Sascha Lautman (1901-1995) and his works. Not much out there but interested in the reference. Anybody know anything about him?

You can email me offline at [email protected]
Thanks
Michael McDonald

Alameda, CA

#5 Aug 20, 2010
Jeff Lee wrote:
Looking for information about Los Angeles-area artist Sascha Lautman (1901-1995) and his works. Not much out there but interested in the reference. Anybody know anything about him?
You can email me offline at [email protected]
Thanks
[Quote Infomation on Lautman.... I was a student of Mr. Lautman's from 1965 to 1970 in Monterey, Calfornia.. He was a great teacher and one of the finest portrait painters I have ever seen. I paint to this day because of him and his wonderful wife Beya. What a great experience.... you can contact me at email: [email protected] ]/Quote]
Josepf William Robert

Jefferson, GA

#6 Aug 20, 2010
You lag in art galleries and patrons because you allowed some retard redneck to erect a giant flagpole flying the most ignorant symbol ever thought of.
Kay Wilson

Cabot, AR

#7 Jun 16, 2011
His Grace The Duke wrote:
I’m not sure of what are you were inspecting in my home but let me assure you of the fact that the quality is of the finest quality and artist. Russian impressionist Titovitz,
Famous fine art painting by Price valued at more than 250,000. One large painting by famous Spanish painter Eduardo Arroyo value 300,000. One oil painting by Louis Icart
To antique paintings of Venice Three portraits by Sascha Lautman , on painting of Venice by Sascha Lautman. Mr. lautmans paintings go for more that 89,000 .00 each.
And his works are hung in the Vatican museum, Luvre museum as well as the White House.
Not to mention the sculpture and fine furniture piece that can be considered art.
For a small weekend Villa you must admit that all of the art in Kenneth the Duke of Perugias home was far above the norm for a home in Florida as well as California.
The floor alone was a work of art.. Hand made mosaic floors from Italy and the masques from the movie “Eyes Wide Shut” these masques were hand made in Venice and used in the movie Eyes Wide Shut. The hand embroidered silk from The Florence factory of Mrs. Pucci wife of the famous designer Pucci..These silks are woven on the same machines as the silk this factory has made since the 14th Century
My daughter has recently acquired a portrait by Sascha Lautman. Any information you can give us about his work would be appreciated. You can email me at [email protected]
Kay Wilson

Cabot, AR

#8 Jun 16, 2011
My daughter has recently acquired a portrait painted by Sascha Lautman. Any information you could give us about the value of Mr. Lautman's paintings would be appreciated. My email address is [email protected] com
tammy

Overland Park, KS

#9 Jun 16, 2011
what symbal
Kay Wilson

Cabot, AR

#10 Jul 29, 2012
I recently made a Facebook page in memory of Sascha Lautman. If anyone has additional information or photos of Mr. Lautman, please add to the Facebook page. He was a very talented and interesting man.
https://www.facebook.com/SaschaLautman
tampa

Clearwater, FL

#11 Jul 29, 2012
Because Tampa is loaded down with white trash. Far more white trash than you could cram into most towns. That's why they had to import all the OBVIOUS gang members and build cheezy ass condos on a garbage dump because that's the only way they could look better (pam iorio)

As well, anyone who HAS any class taste or dignity must be dispersed. It makes the thugs look just like what they are. Las Damas de Rose Gardens of life, Norma. You are white trash. Go away and let someone with class and dignity take care of things
tampa

Clearwater, FL

#12 Jul 29, 2012
Kay Wilson wrote:
I recently made a Facebook page in memory of Sascha Lautman. If anyone has additional information or photos of Mr. Lautman, please add to the Facebook page. He was a very talented and interesting man.
https://www.facebook.com/SaschaLautman
He was AMAZING !!!
tampa

Clearwater, FL

#13 Jul 29, 2012
http://news.google.com/newspapers...

This is just beautiful exquisite work.

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#14 Jul 31, 2012
Excuse me for asking but why are these "art" comments on a Barry Manilow forum ???
tampa

United States

#15 Jul 31, 2012
Jeannine Antwerp-Belgium wrote:
Excuse me for asking but why are these "art" comments on a Barry Manilow forum ???
It's ok for asking Jeannine. It's just how they roll in Tamp-uh.
Kay Wilson

Cabot, AR

#16 Aug 7, 2012
I made a Facebook page about Sascha Lautman. If anyone has photos or information, please share. Here is a link to the Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/SaschaLautman
Kay Wilson

Cabot, AR

#17 Aug 21, 2012
Any information that you can give me about Sascha Lautman would be appreciated. My email address is: [email protected]

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#18 Aug 22, 2012
Kay Wilson wrote:
Any information that you can give me about Sascha Lautman would be appreciated. My email address is: [email protected]
Would you please be so kind to take your discussions to another forum this has nothing to do with Barry Manilow.....thanks !
christine j sojka

Windsor, Canada

#19 Aug 22, 2012
As Andy Warhol (who's art is worth WAY more than "Sasha Lautmans'") says "THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS ART.JUST MAKE IT FAMOUS."and "ART IS ANYTHING YOU CAN GET AWAY WITH."These ideas have taken over the art world.These ideas,street art and promoting one's art on the internet.Just ask Thomas Hoving.
christine j sojka

Windsor, Canada

#20 Aug 22, 2012
Jeff Lee wrote:
Looking for information about Los Angeles-area artist Sascha Lautman (1901-1995) and his works. Not much out there but interested in the reference. Anybody know anything about him?
You can email me offline at [email protected]
Thanks
the "rob" you're thinking of lives in n.y.c. and she's married to bruce sussman also THEY CANT OUT BARRY MANILOW BECAUSE THEY HAVE NOTHING ON HIM BECAUSE BARRY MANILOW'S NOT GAY.HE'S NARCISSISTIC.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Joy 1,460,526
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 40 min Patriot AKA Bozo 7,969
News Judge's brother, a convicted murderer, is back ... (Mar '08) 1 hr Jeremy 87
two words (Jul '10) 7 hr CJ Rocker 27,921
Change one letter game (Sep '11) 7 hr CJ Rocker 3,077
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 7 hr CJ Rocker 19,241
Double Fun Word Game (Mar '11) 7 hr CJ Rocker 13,112

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages