Sheriff Gary Borders meets with Hispanics upset by stops, depor...

L ast week, Lake County Sheriff Gary Borders talked with Hispanics and their supporters in Sorrento at a meeting designed to hash out questions of whether deputies are stopping people because they look Hispanic. Full Story
Insider

Barnesville, OH

#1 Jul 1, 2009
Lauren, What is your point here in trying to focus on mostly positive comments made on unlawful activities committed by the Lake county Sheriff and his department. If you are trying to do the spin save your time. It is rummored actions are already well underway by several lawful hispanic United States citizens (better known as plaintiff's) who have been illegally harrassed and detained, some on more than one occassion. These actions will be brought against the Lake County Sheriff's office (Sheriff Borders and other named deputies) as well as Lake County government ( who's constitutional responsibility it is to operate the Lake county jail; ie: unlawful detention.) And, Sheriff Gary Borders, personally, who by Florida law is personally responsible for the actions of all of his employees. A much better approach to this situation instead of trying to justify the violations of federal laws, would be to accept responsibility for these actions and effect an immediate remedy for these actions. While ignorance of the law is no excuse for violating same, in todays environment it would probably go a long way it helping to put these atrocities behind us.
Joe Kurtz

AOL

#2 Jul 1, 2009
My problem is these individuals have been in the USA for years illegaly and have not applied for US citizenship so why do we still refer to them as immigrants. They have no intentions to become Americans. Guest worker status is one thing but years of milking our social services is another.
A Proud American

Chicago, IL

#3 Jul 1, 2009
It seems to be the "in" thing now for the illegals and their advocates to cry "profiling" anytime a Mexican gets stopped. This is BS and just another ploy to help the illegals circumvent being arrested and deported. There is no doubt that illegals commit many crimes, so police has a right to stop anyone they have a suspicion about. I don't know why the illegals think that our laws don't apply to them or they are above them. They break into this country illegally, obtain fraudulent identification, work wihen not permiited, get welfare when they are not entitled, etc. and then cry when they get caught. They just think they don't have to obey the law and if someone questions them on it, then it is profiling. This is a joke and law enforcement must not be intimidated the lawless criminal illegal aliens (although sadly, some police chiefs have caved in). If the illegals can't abide by the laws of this country then find them and deport them. Its reasons like this as to why Americans are so fed up and disgusted with the illegals and don't want them in this country.
Say What

Ferndale, FL

#4 Jul 1, 2009
Is "Insider" really trying to complain that the LCSO is violating the law by reporting ILLEGAL Aliens? I cant seem to get the math right on this one. The ILLEGAL Aliens are complainting that the cops are violating the law by reporting them to INS????? He/She also mentioned legal action because of one person being held longer than allowed. He/She doesnt mention the fact that the ILLEGAL Alien had a deportation order on her for YEARS before being caught by TAVARES PD. How does this make any sense to any law abiding, Patriotic citizen who has a problem with anyone just blowing off our laws.
harry paratestes

Titusville, FL

#5 Jul 1, 2009
shoot 'em if they run.

put them on a southbound raft if "no speak de english"
Insider

Barnesville, OH

#6 Jul 1, 2009
Say What wrote:
Is "Insider" really trying to complain that the LCSO is violating the law by reporting ILLEGAL Aliens? I cant seem to get the math right on this one. The ILLEGAL Aliens are complainting that the cops are violating the law by reporting them to INS????? He/She also mentioned legal action because of one person being held longer than allowed. He/She doesnt mention the fact that the ILLEGAL Alien had a deportation order on her for YEARS before being caught by TAVARES PD. How does this make any sense to any law abiding, Patriotic citizen who has a problem with anyone just blowing off our laws.
Insider did not mention "one" person. There are several with legal standing.

The legal hispanic people are the ones tired of being profiled!

For those of you who are to dumb to understand or, those little fairies at the LCSO who do not know any better. It is not really about the illegal aliens as you would like for everyone to think. This issue is really about the constitution of the United States of America which is already under fire by the Obama administration among others. Folks who don't look African American but, look and have a darker skin than white folks, might be illegal aliens
and we need to stop and check them. The real problem is, they have profiled and stopped too many persons who might look hispanic. Most of which are legal,some very successful business people, tax paying, real estate owning, government obeding, suffering shore enought, real Americans. Folks just like black and white folks except their skin color is somewhere in between. Some of us who are right here, in this mess know better and do not participate in this illegal activity. The bigshots can as always do as they please. The lawsuits are coming and they can also handle them as they please. One thing is for sure I am not donating to the defense fund.
Florida Native

Seminole, FL

#7 Jul 4, 2009
This would have been a great time to start checking papers and send the illegals home. They were already rounded up. I love how they always say we are breaking up families when we send a parent home to Mexico. They are at fault for breaking the law, not America. They want to be all together, go back to Mexico and be a family. They have no right to be a family here sucking up my tax dollars. Boarders is correct and I for one wish he would be sticter. We need to fine anybody who employees them.
Michael

Orlando, FL

#8 Jul 4, 2009
From the article: "Last week, Lake County Sheriff Gary Borders talked with Hispanics and their supporters..."

This is rich. Exactly what are "Hispanics and their supporters?" Obviously this is just verbal subterfuge, and means illegal Mexicans.

"The stops have resulted in a number of immigrants without papers being deported, supporters said, and they asked Borders to order deputies to stop profiling."

Now the truth appears (although we already understood, since the Sentinel writes euphemistically in order to support their open borders agenda).

Let me rewrite the sentence for you, Lauren, using plain English--comprende? "The stops resulted in deportation of a number of illegal aliens...and those supporting law breakers (but not US border sovereignty) asked deputies to ignore the law."

My suggestion: any employer found knowingly hiring an illegal should have to spend a mandatory 6 months hard labor--preferably in a Mexican jail, if possible. A second conviction would be one years hard labor, and so on. This would end illegal alien traffic very fast. But no one is really serious about the issue. Tacos, anyone?
Happy Fourth

Barnesville, OH

#9 Jul 4, 2009
Michael wrote:
From the article: "Last week, Lake County Sheriff Gary Borders talked with Hispanics and their supporters..."
This is rich. Exactly what are "Hispanics and their supporters?" Obviously this is just verbal subterfuge, and means illegal Mexicans.
"The stops have resulted in a number of immigrants without papers being deported, supporters said, and they asked Borders to order deputies to stop profiling."
Now the truth appears (although we already understood, since the Sentinel writes euphemistically in order to support their open borders agenda).
Let me rewrite the sentence for you, Lauren, using plain English--comprende? "The stops resulted in deportation of a number of illegal aliens...and those supporting law breakers (but not US border sovereignty) asked deputies to ignore the law."
My suggestion: any employer found knowingly hiring an illegal should have to spend a mandatory 6 months hard labor--preferably in a Mexican jail, if possible. A second conviction would be one years hard labor, and so on. This would end illegal alien traffic very fast. But no one is really serious about the issue. Tacos, anyone?
You must have a boring freaking life. did you know that the white birds that hang around livestock were imported to this country from south American. They have reproduced without government authorization. Does this make their offspring legal U S bird citizens or should we start catching them up and sending this back south. Maybe this will give you something serious to worry about.
Michael

Orlando, FL

#10 Jul 4, 2009
Happy Fourth wrote:
<quoted text>
did you know that the white birds that hang around livestock were imported to this country from south American. They have reproduced without government authorization. Does this make their offspring legal U S bird citizens or should we start catching them up and sending this back south. Maybe this will give you something serious to worry about.
Well, if I knew what you were talking about, and if I understood your point I guess I could worry more. Are you equating Mexicans with some migratory species of South American bird? I'm not sure that's quite fair. After all, I know that Mexicans are not the highest IQ group, but I do think they are on average smarter than South American birds, so they've got that going for them. On the other hand, South American birds don't congregate in dangerous gangs, spread communicable diseases, run guns and drugs across the border, and are probably, all things considered, nicer to be around than illegal Mexicans.
Florida Native

Seminole, FL

#11 Jul 5, 2009
White birds (cattle egrets) do not suck up our welfare and become a drag on our society and our taxpayers. Brazilian Pepper and a lot of other nonnative species also hurt Florida. Listen, we have laws and illegals broke them. Go back and stop steal from me. Not hard to grasp.
gatorhater

Mount Dora, FL

#12 Jul 5, 2009
I hope the sheriff stops every mexican in lake co for the smallest driving infraction,see they don't have a licence and take them all to jail.see a mexican neighbor get in his car call the police and report him driving without a licence.if you know where the mexicans work report the company to www.wehirealiens.com.Th ey will send a report to ice.There are links to ice so you can report your mexican invader neighbor themselves. Stand up for your state and country report these illegal invaders.

WWW.WEHIREALIENS.COM
bubba

Winter Springs, FL

#13 Jul 8, 2009
the ones hiring these people are white white when are u people going to get it u need these people IN THE COUNTRY THERE ARE NO MORE BLACK SLAVES NOW THEY ARE BROWN. AND THEN THERE ARE THOSE IGNORANT RED NECKS THERE IN LAKE COUNTY FLA
tig

Mount Dora, FL

#14 Aug 9, 2009
bubba wrote:
the ones hiring these people are white white when are u people going to get it u need these people IN THE COUNTRY THERE ARE NO MORE BLACK SLAVES NOW THEY ARE BROWN. AND THEN THERE ARE THOSE IGNORANT RED NECKS THERE IN LAKE COUNTY FLA
Come join us Bubba, we like your name.Proud to be a redneck.
unbelievable

Tampa, FL

#15 Jun 23, 2013
Anyone on here who states that illegals need to go home needs to look in the mirror. If you are not 100% native American figure out where you came from and go back home. Dumb shits!
they breed em

United States

#23 Jun 23, 2013
anywhere between Disney and the Villages they are crooked as hell. All these local county sheriff's are scum. But the worst of them all is the homo-ped Lake Sheriff Gary Borders.
another one

United States

#24 Jun 29, 2013
There is nothing colder than ashes after the fire’s gone out!

Bet you won’t find this breaking news in the local lame stream media outlets!
It somehow slipped past the sheriff’s "pubic information officers" as well!

Jilted lover takes revenge and posts naked photos of ex-roommate – they take this seriously too!
The victim of all this attention whose naked photos were left on his co-workers' cars (was that at the sheriff's office??), taped to his grandmother's car and even sent to his girlfriend says his ex-roommate did it.

Now, the ex-roommate, Samuel Otero, faces stalking charges.

According to Lake County deputies, the victim said he let Otero take nude photos and videos of him as payment for his room and board during the year they lived together.

The victim, who moved out last August, told investigators Otero had been texting him ever since.

Deputies said Otero threatened to shoot the victim and himself on Monday if they couldn't be together.
Otero was arrested Tuesday and later released from the Lake County Jail on $5,500 bond.

Yep! There is nothing colder than ashes after the fire’s gone out!
Florida Fatties

Spring, TX

#25 Jun 29, 2013
So, what about GZ? Why didn't his family hide him in Peru where his mother is from? Now he is trying to stay out of the sun and parade as a white person which he isn't.
owl feets

United States

#26 Jun 29, 2013
guess he didn't figure he had to run from the truth in the usa. the persucutors have emptied both barrells and so far all they have proved is he and the witnesses have told the truth all along.

Instead of turning and running to where he and his baby daddy was staying with the baby daddy "financier" TrayBgone turned on that crazy ass cracker and even called him the N word twice before the fit hit the shan.

Bet he was still trying to figure out whut happened when he showed up for that face to face meeting with St Peter. lol

Just goes to prove f'ing punks should not bring a sidewalk to a gun fight!

and by the way since hispanic is not a race what duz we sposed to call him anyway?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 3 min WAS sanka 488,179
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min DBWriter 1,114,896
Jodi Arias: Does the state have the goods to co... (Mar '13) 10 min HELL ON EARTH 25,883
2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 24 min stryk 2,984
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 25 min Earthling-1 46,981
FPL boosts electric bills although its fuel cos... (Feb '09) 4 hr Tor 136
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 4 hr WAS sanka 96,462

Flood Watch for Orange County was issued at September 30 at 3:50AM EDT

Orlando Jobs

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Orlando News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Orlando

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]