19-year-old shot and killed in Orlando

19-year-old shot and killed in Orlando

There are 40 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Jan 27, 2008, titled 19-year-old shot and killed in Orlando. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

The city of Orlando had its third homicide of 2008 Sunday when a 19-year-old was shot to death in a residential neighborhood south of Lake Underhill Road.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Surprised

Kissimmee, FL

#1 Jan 27, 2008
Local police tight lipped? How unlike them! Usually they have all but finished the investigation & want their one sided opinions posted for everyone to read & to support their ALLEGATIONS (as fact). Hence, undermining the right of the Defendant to make a defense .. anddd damning every effort on the part of the Defendant .. to recover their reputations ... from the LIES they have told ... KNOWING that the Defendant cannot come to the public and defend themselves... because their Attorneys, the Police, and the court, will have advised them to keep their mouths shut! So having successfully gagged the Defendant... the Police dance their merry way through the pages of the Sentinel with THEIR version of the facts. I am surprised... hmmm.. tight lipped...
Jeff

Cocoa, FL

#3 Jan 27, 2008
Orlando: The City Murder...I mean Beautiful. Sorry...
Dogooder

San Antonio, TX

#4 Jan 27, 2008
That is Azelia Park.
rrlarry

Cincinnati, OH

#5 Jan 27, 2008
If he would have been home kicked back, sleeping or working a 3rd shift job he would be alive today.
naplesgator

Fort Myers, FL

#6 Jan 27, 2008
Surprised wrote:
Local police tight lipped? How unlike them! Usually they have all but finished the investigation & want their one sided opinions posted for everyone to read & to support their ALLEGATIONS (as fact). Hence, undermining the right of the Defendant to make a defense .. anddd damning every effort on the part of the Defendant .. to recover their reputations ... from the LIES they have told ... KNOWING that the Defendant cannot come to the public and defend themselves... because their Attorneys, the Police, and the court, will have advised them to keep their mouths shut! So having successfully gagged the Defendant... the Police dance their merry way through the pages of the Sentinel with THEIR version of the facts. I am surprised... hmmm.. tight lipped...
Sounds like somebody has been involved with arrests before. I used to live near there went to Colonial HS. I am so glad to be in Naples. I dont even recognize Orlando when I do go back. Good luck to my friends who are still there.
Mo Lubee

Orlando, FL

#7 Jan 27, 2008
We had an apartment in Ocoee, then they started bussing problems out to West Oaks Mall and Crime Hills began elbowing it's way west on Colonial Drive.

It was time to get out. We now live in over in Spring Hill/Brooksville and take Rt 27, then 192 to get to the Resorts and Parks without endangering our family in the crime pit you call Orlando. We always stay on campus (disney) and warn anyone who will listen to avoid Orlando as if their lives depended upon it.

We visit Disney monthly because we believe crime will drive that out too eventually.

Good luck Orlando, hope you get better someday.
Laurent

Orlando, FL

#9 Jan 27, 2008
Mo Lubee wrote:
We had an apartment in Ocoee, then they started bussing problems out to West Oaks Mall and Crime Hills began elbowing it's way west on Colonial Drive.
It was time to get out. We now live in over in Spring Hill/Brooksville and take Rt 27, then 192 to get to the Resorts and Parks without endangering our family in the crime pit you call Orlando. We always stay on campus (disney) and warn anyone who will listen to avoid Orlando as if their lives depended upon it.
We visit Disney monthly because we believe crime will drive that out too eventually.
oh wow...you're incredibly ridiculous...I bet you suffer from chronic anxiety attacks
Interesting

Sanford, FL

#10 Jan 27, 2008
Perhaps Mr. Villegas should have been sleeping at 2am.
Coz

Tampa, FL

#11 Jan 27, 2008
LOL....hey "Surprised", careful now they are listening and watching you! Life is one huge conspiracy and now they are after YOU!
Buddy 4 governor

Plano, TX

#12 Jan 27, 2008
How long does it take to post murders on the map?
Tommy T

Orlando, FL

#13 Jan 27, 2008
Surprised wrote:
What a lunk.... The suspects have been in custody since about 20 minutes after it happened. Please keep up.
NativeFLgirl

United States

#14 Jan 27, 2008
19 is too young to die. At 19 I was working until 2 or 3 am sometimes at the Rat Factory. Then to breakfast on International Drive with a group of co workers. But that was the 70's. Times have changed. 19 is too young to die.
Been Around

Deland, FL

#15 Jan 27, 2008
Surprised wrote:
Wow!! You might want to consider taking the other half of the pill.
EF in FLA

Clermont, FL

#16 Jan 27, 2008
People who put themselves in a position to get murdered, sometimes get murdered. It's no different in any other large city.

“Dare to be stupid!”

Since: Dec 06

Groveland, Florida

#17 Jan 27, 2008
Mo Lubee wrote:
At least the magic get a new arena.
Southern

Lakeland, FL

#18 Jan 27, 2008
When are these latinos going to stop killing each other
Tommy T

Orlando, FL

#19 Jan 27, 2008
Southern wrote:
Are you sure they are?
MaitlandYo

Orlando, FL

#20 Jan 27, 2008
Southern wrote:
When the whites stop killing the whites, when the blacks stop killing the blacks, when the earth stops spinning and the sun goes dark.
Wake up

San Antonio, TX

#21 Jan 27, 2008
For those of you who have already figured it out it will come as no surprise Villegas was a known criminal and gang member to the Orlando Police Department. Through his teenage years mama was always there trying to protect him, and blindly defend him as being an innocent child with no ties to gang activity. Officers tried to tell her, but she wouldn't listen. Parents out there need to wake up and stop making excuses for their kids like this. I'm sure mama Villegas would love to turn back the hands of time, and have a do-over.
Sunshine

Hialeah, FL

#22 Jan 27, 2008
Orlando is getting like Miami.2

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 50 dead in Florida nightclub shooting, worst in... 1 min OK Barry 1,306
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min RealDave 1,394,990
News Obama: Notion that being armed would have saved... 17 min Frankie Rizzo 920
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 31 min IB DaMann 60,062
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 2 hr -Prince- 19,016
News News 28 Mins Ago 'Not the America we want': Oba... 4 hr WeTheSheeple 276
News Supreme Court leaves assault weapons bans in pl... 4 hr WeTheSheeple 118
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages