Orlando teen, Izzy Hadala, writes book to fight bullying

Sep 3, 2012 Full story: WESH-TV

Izzy Hadala, a 13-year-old Orlando girl, wants other children to know that being different is a good thing.

Full Story

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#5 Sep 4, 2012
Another pansy book trying to change the laws of nature. It is hardwired in our genes to have a pecking order. Some people are smarter, others are stronger, and yes, some people are more attractive than others. Find your own strengths and take maximum advantage of them. Stop worrying about - oh boo hoo- what other people try to say or do to you. If you want to be a 'victim' your entire life, then that's all you'll ever be.

Level 9

Since: Sep 11

Weeki Wachee, Florida

#6 Sep 4, 2012
Charles R Darwin wrote:
Another pansy book trying to change the laws of nature. It is hardwired in our genes to have a pecking order. Some people are smarter, others are stronger, and yes, some people are more attractive than others. Find your own strengths and take maximum advantage of them. Stop worrying about - oh boo hoo- what other people try to say or do to you. If you want to be a 'victim' your entire life, then that's all you'll ever be.
Most bullying occurs in young adults who haven't found their strengths yet.

In recent years, a series of bullying-related suicides in the US and across the globe have drawn attention to the connection between bullying and suicide. Though too many adults still see bullying as "just part of being a kid," it is a serious problem that leads to many negative effects for victims, including suicide. Many people may not realize that there is also a link between being a bully and committing suicide.

The statistics on bullying and suicide are alarming:

Suicide is the third leading cause of death among young people, resulting in about 4,400 deaths per year, according to the CDC. For every suicide among young people, there are at least 100 suicide attempts. Over 14 percent of high school students have considered suicide, and almost 7 percent have attempted it.
Bully victims are between 2 to 9 times more likely to consider suicide than non-victims, according to studies by Yale University
A study in Britain found that at least half of suicides among young people are related to bullying
10 to 14 year old girls may be at even higher risk for suicide, according to the study above
According to statistics reported by ABC News, nearly 30 percent of students are either bullies or victims of bullying, and 160,000 kids stay home from school every day because of fear of bullying
Bully-related suicide can be connected to any type of bullying, including physical bullying, emotional bullying, cyberbullying, and sexting, or circulating suggestive or nude photos or messages about a person.

Some schools or regions have more serious problems with bullying and suicide related to bullying. This may be due to an excessive problem with bullying at the school. It could also be related to the tendency of students who are exposed to suicide to consider suicide themselves.
Tex Waterway

Spring, TX

#7 Aug 16, 2013
How do you know your gang isn't pushing me to suicide?
hey marce

Chula Vista, CA

#8 Aug 16, 2013
Tex Waterway wrote:
Hurry -- there are lots & lots of old, now irrelevant threads. You might miss one!

“Let the farce be with you”

Level 2

Since: Aug 13

Pottsylvania

#9 Aug 16, 2013
Tex Waterway wrote:
http://www.topix.com/forum/who/suicide

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Tony Rome 1,115,611
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 50 min CASTRATE PERVS NOW 488,315
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Who 47,067
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 2 hr Times are a Changing 17,116
One Word (Jul '10) 2 hr Princess Hey 1,849
The alphabet (Jun '06) 2 hr Princess Hey 1,092
New Game ***Last Word + 2 (Oct '11) 2 hr Princess Hey 11,955
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 4 hr Anne 96,467
Orlando Dating
Find my Match

Orlando Jobs

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Orlando News, Events & Info