Foreclosures keep mounting in South Florida

In Broward, 4,403 people were either facing foreclosure or lost their homes in January, up from 3,426 last January, the Irvine, Calif.-based company said. Full Story
First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Reality

Miami, FL

#202 Feb 13, 2009
Pompano Fred wrote:
Wow. You seem to have it all figured out. And I think you probably aren't in foreclosure.
I am. I lost my job due to downsizing. The modest home that my wife and I own....we can't afford the payment because there isn't any money.
You may have this all figured out but your advice and comments are cold comfort and not welcome in this house.
I know this space is to be used for civil discourse, but I frankly don't feel very civil. You, sir, are an moron. Please don't take offense.
<quoted text>
With all due respect, Pompano Fred, you are one of a few...yes, compared to what's going on out there, it's a few...who are legitimately struggling due to the loss of your job. Most, yes MOST, were put into homes in upscale, guard gated communities with high association costs who had no business being there. They never paid the association dues, but they did buys expensive "stuff" to put in the homes and vehicles. Then they let everything go to heck when their mortgage terms changed...ARM's!!! The crime has gone bananas, the neighborhoods in complete and total disrepair, amenities and services cut because they don't pay their dues, so we, those who CAN afford things, have suffered and continued to pay for what has been taken from us. We are talking low income blacks and hispanice relatively new here, don't speak English well, yet they all somehow end up in homes over a half a mill!!! This is destroying South Florida and it has to be corrected. People has to go back to living in the neighborhoods they belong in. They should not be saved. Why should WE pay their way into upscale lives - that is punishing US in order to help THEM. This cannot take place.
Reality

Miami, FL

#203 Feb 13, 2009
I apologize, there are many typos in that previous post...rushing. Thank you, Anti-Dope, for the support. It's always nice to know that I'm not alone in seeing through the BS out there.
I AM A1ACharles Dammit

Lake Worth, FL

#204 Feb 13, 2009
Pompano Fred wrote:
Wow. You seem to have it all figured out. And I think you probably aren't in foreclosure.
I am. I lost my job due to downsizing. The modest home that my wife and I own....we can't afford the payment because there isn't any money.
You may have this all figured out but your advice and comments are cold comfort and not welcome in this house.
I know this space is to be used for civil discourse, but I frankly don't feel very civil. You, sir, are an moron. Please don't take offense.
<quoted text>
There is something about that Miami ISP ...
Reality

Miami, FL

#206 Feb 13, 2009
retarded sentinel poster wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you die in a freak industrial accident.
Nice. Real intelligent. It's all true. It's absolutely ridiculous for anyone who didn't put forth the effort it really takes to be a home owner. It's not something that is supposed to be given to you. Like everyone else, you have to earn it and I am so sick and tired of so many people thinking that they can have on $10.00 an hour the same lifestyle as those with six figure incomes. That's sick and it's happening here all the time in the past decade. Neighborhoods were far nicer when people actually were able to live around others like themselves. That is the way it supposed to be. Instead we have the delusional and twisted low income earners moving in and destroying nice communities...they don't pay their association dues...according to them, they shouldn't have to and while they're at it, they should have to abide by any rules in association communities, either. Get your head checked, seriously!!!
Kumar

Lockbourne, OH

#207 Feb 26, 2009
bulldurm wrote:
some of you people need to learn that you can't
smoke pot and do drugs and expect to make a good
living.
I smoke pot and earn a good living.

Perhaps you shouldn't generalize so much.

“East side of Fort Lauderdale”

Since: Feb 09

Fort Lauderdale

#208 Feb 26, 2009
Location. Location. Location.

Ocean front homes will hold their value - condo or single family house.

Anything else - the correction will continue until prices fall to where they were about a decade ago.

Since the ill-fated 2008 Presidential election, the stock market has fallen 47%. That shows the confidence Wall Street has in Obama.

Since his inauguration, Obama has spent $3.5 BILLION dollars A DAY!

Obama is now proposing a $3.6 TRILLION dollar budget - the largest in the history of the planet. Along with this is an increase in the national debt to almost $2 TRILLION dollars.

We are in a Great Recession, and moving toward a Great Depression. Foreclosures will be the least of our worries by this time next year.
I AM A1ACharles Dammit

Lake Worth, FL

#209 Feb 26, 2009
East Side Fort Lauderdale wrote:
Anything else - the correction will continue until prices fall to where they were about a decade ago.
Since the ill-fated 2008 Presidential election, the stock market has fallen 47%. That shows the confidence Wall Street has in Obama.
Obama is now proposing a $3.6 TRILLION dollar budget - the largest in the history of the planet. Along with this is an increase in the national debt to almost $2 TRILLION dollars.
We are in a Great Recession, and moving toward a Great Depression. Foreclosures will be the least of our worries by this time next year.
Are the war costs taken into account, or are we still conveniently leaving those out?
Kumar

Lockbourne, OH

#212 Feb 26, 2009
I AM A1ACharles Dammit wrote:
<quoted text>
Are the war costs taken into account, or are we still conveniently leaving those out?
Obama is counting them in the budget. Bush hid them in supplemental spending bills.

Fort Lauderdale

#213 Feb 26, 2009
Obama's Afghanistan war costs are included.
<quoted text>
I AM A1ACharles Dammit

Lake Worth, FL

#214 Feb 26, 2009
Obama's Afghanistan war costs are included.
<quoted text>
Good. I am not used to this level of transparency.

Fort Lauderdale

#215 Feb 26, 2009
<quoted text>
Barry O is completely transparent. Look through his empty suit and you'll see Nancy Pelosi.

Fort Lauderdale

#216 Feb 26, 2009
Worth repeating.

We are in a Great Recession, and moving toward a Great Depression.

Foreclosures will be the least of our worries by this time next year.
O Za

West Palm Beach, FL

#217 Feb 26, 2009
Have2Agree wrote:
<quoted text>
In some ways you are correct, BUT there are also people who are suffering in a home where they could afford it when they purchased it, they did put 20% down, but because of the irresponsible homeowners around then they are sitting underwater in a home...I don't think its unfair to help those people..I have family in that same situation now in SFL..
Yeah there are definitely some situations which call for help. www.paymenthelp.org But its not easy differing between those cases and others where people were over their heads.
I AM A1ACharles Dammit

Lake Worth, FL

#218 Feb 27, 2009
<quoted text>
Funny that we have seen more of Pelosi in 2 years than Cheney in 8.

Does this suggest a lack of transparency in the bush admin?
Eyes Wide Open

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#219 Feb 27, 2009
Kumar wrote:
<quoted text>
I smoke pot and earn a good living.
Perhaps you shouldn't generalize so much.
I agree and I wrote almost a million dollars in biz last year and I burn EVERY day so this guy DOES NOT have a CLUE what he is talking about.
neighbor

London, KY

#221 Mar 22, 2013
Is the market better now?
XDR

Miami, FL

#222 Mar 22, 2013
neighbor wrote:
Is the market better now?
In SouthFL, Yeah, it's definitely stabilized, but it's not quite as rosy as the various realtors and realtor associations will tell you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Grey Ghost 1,110,602
Tips to finding a roofing contractor (May '09) 48 min Peter Simmons 7
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 50 min Patriot AKA Bozo 46,683
Alphabet Game (Apr '12) 1 hr Games Champ Riggies 9,069
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 1 hr Games Champ Riggies 17,084
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 1 hr AN other 487,513
New Game ***Last Word + 2 (Oct '11) 1 hr texas pete 11,944
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Orlando News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Orlando