Vontae Davis: Dolphins' top draft pick arrested

Full story: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Cornerback Vontae Davis during practice. Dolphins rookie cornerback Vontae Davis was arrested two weeks ago and charged with unnecessary vehicular noise and driving without a valid license, according to a Champaign Police Department report.
Comments
10,301 - 10,320 of 10,352 Comments Last updated Oct 8, 2013
Go Blue

Miami, FL

#10670 Aug 30, 2012
O Rob wrote:
Go Blue, you should check-out this dolphin site, a much better blog than this jet infested rat hole!
http://www.finsmob-exoduss.com/2012/08/30/dol...
Thanks, but not even sure about this one...lol...Hope they keep 7-11.....
O Rob

Summerfield, FL

#10671 Sep 6, 2012
Sancheesesux wrote:
<quoted text>
Rob...is that your car used for your avatar?
yes
Nice

United States

#10672 Sep 6, 2012
O Rob wrote:
<quoted text>yes
Sweet ride man...
Go Blue

Miami, FL

#10673 Sep 6, 2012
They kept Hogan, but on practise squad...guess that's like the old taxi squads....

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#10674 Dec 2, 2012
Another loss to the Pats....it was exciting for awhile, as Sean Smith almost made an actual tackle....i was on the edge of my seat.....
Finobservations

Miami, FL

#10675 Dec 3, 2012
I'm suprised the Fins didn't lose by multiple TDs. Brady had an off day. Also Fins DL put decent pressure on him.

Tannehill rarely has an open receiver deep downfield, and when he does he misses him anyway. Bess acted as if the football would give him an allergic reaction.

Martin moved to blindside after Long went down and wiffed on a block that nearly got T-Hill killed. The guy's been a real dud so far.

Fins need a real TE.

Level 7

Location hidden

#10676 Dec 3, 2012
They are slowly coming along....a good, hopefully upcoming young team...Tannehill is the answer...kinda on the level of both Ohio teams.....Pat's are still way good....

Level 3

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#10677 Dec 3, 2012
Miami went from second place in the division to dead last in a week. Jets in second now. The Pats have it so easy in this division it's pitiful.

Level 7

Location hidden

#10678 Dec 3, 2012
Fins are actually the second best team, regardless of standings...Jets are a mess and the Bill's aren't much....Sanchez was horrid yesterday, and deserved to be pulled.....
AFC EastBeast

Miami, FL

#10679 Dec 3, 2012
I agree--with T-Hill and Philbin it's still early enough to have some promise of success. Sanchez/Ryan and Fitzpatrick/Gailey have established track records of being crappy.
T Rexasoreass

United States

#10680 Dec 3, 2012
Sancheese is a joke...much like Rectal Rex and Tebagger Tebow...

Level 7

Location hidden

#10681 Dec 26, 2012
Tannehill is the real deal, and now they need to get im some targets....Last week's ame was fine, esecially the part's where Sean Smith avoided making any tackles....how much is this clown paid?

Level 7

Location hidden

#10682 Jan 9, 2013
Kinda refreshing, to be one of the teams that does'nt have to sweat the question....Wonder who they are gonna hire....lol....

Level 7

Location hidden

#10684 Apr 25, 2013
Who will the Fin's draft......Which reciever?....
Jeff Fire Island

Miami, FL

#10685 Apr 25, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Who will the Fin's draft......Which reciever?....
Fins have more pressing needs than WR right now, as they have addressed WR in free agency. If they take a WR I expect it to be in the mid to late rounds. I can see them drafting a CB ahead of a WR.

I think they'll trade up to take a top LT early 1st rd.

Level 7

Location hidden

#10686 Apr 25, 2013
Yeah, i am not wild about the LT from the Chiefs.....too much $, which equates to, shoulda kept Long....Love to see them manuever to get the Honey Badger, Tyronne Mathieu.....i know he is a gamble, but remind's me of a small Charles Woodson......
Jeff Fire Island

Miami, FL

#10687 Apr 25, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Yeah, i am not wild about the LT from the Chiefs.....too much $, which equates to, shoulda kept Long....Love to see them manuever to get the Honey Badger, Tyronne Mathieu.....i know he is a gamble, but remind's me of a small Charles Woodson......
I think their interest in Albert shows they think that Martin has a lot more question marks than they thought when they drafted him in the 1st last year.

Anywho, rumor has it that Davonne Bess is gonna get traded to the Browns for a 3rd rounder. They could get Ryan Swope from Texas A&M (caught passes from the other Ryan now with Fins) probably in the 3rd. He'd make a nice slot receiver.

Level 7

Location hidden

#10688 Apr 25, 2013
Why the gamble....Bess already is a nice slot reciever, isn't he?.....How about Dennard Robison, in the later rounds? He could be deadly, with his skills.....
Jeff Fire Island

Miami, FL

#10689 Apr 25, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Why the gamble....Bess already is a nice slot reciever, isn't he?.....How about Dennard Robison, in the later rounds? He could be deadly, with his skills.....
Bess is in the final year of his contract so they're looking to get any trade value from him now.

Bess, Bush, Long, Marshall....all of the team's few solid players sent packing in return for question marks.

Denard Robinson--going into the draft as an "athlete", guy has skills, could run short routes/screens, I'd keep him away from the pocket, has scattershot arm and questionable read skills. At least he's willing to be flexible....such realistic expectations would benefit Tebow in his quest to stay in the NFL.

Level 7

Location hidden

#10690 Apr 25, 2013
I was kinda glad they ditched Sean Smith....as i never got used to his no contact behavior, was alway's shcked if he got close to a actual tackle....lol....Do you think Jake Long was starting to break down?...Also, i never understood them demandin that Bush run between the tackles.....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min Yeah 1,100,115
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 25 min EXECUTE KID KILLE... 486,561
The alphabet (Jun '06) 2 hr Doug77 1,047
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr SpaceBlues 46,307
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 4 hr The Real Missy 17,627
What life is like for Casey Anthony 6 hr Rambler 192
Privilege Waived - Part II . . . Remember Me? 10 hr Lon Spector 29
•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Orlando People Search