Osteen man killed when motorcycle hits signpost

An Osteen man was killed early Saturday in a motorcycle accident on Lemon Bluff Road near Wild Acre Road. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
JoeBobDonBaker

Orlando, FL

#44 Jan 30, 2008
RIP, he is in a much better place where the insensitivity and immaturity of others have been replaced by love and compassion.
Condolences.
Susie Ginsburg

Newington, CT

#45 Feb 8, 2008
Donna, Brittany and Stew,
You are all in my thoughts and prayers. It had been a few years since I saw Stewart and even longer since I have seen all of you. He was a wonderful and kind man and I feel very blessed that he touched my life at Winter Park. I am very glad that the number of loving and positive posts out number the negative ones.
Sending hugs,
Susie
B eth McGregor

Cape Coral, FL

#46 Feb 8, 2008
Brittany Ponder wrote:
Stewart Ponder was my father. I am totally shocked and appalled that people can get on here and leave insensitive commments about a man who left so many people behind. He will be so missed!
And for the record: Lemon Bluff Road is a country road and it is the road he lives on. There were no cars for him to weave in and out of. It is more likely that a deer ran out in front of him. We will never know the truth. We are grieving and hoping that he didn't lay there in pain. We know that he is in a much better place now and he will never be forgotten.
man who lived a great, adventurous life - 1
losers who sit around and leave insensitive comments - 0
We love you and miss you so much, Dad!!!!!!
Brittany, I went to high school with your dad and
just heard about his tragic death from a mutual friend. I haven't seen you dad in many years but want you to know what a great, fun loving, caring person he was. I am sorry that you and your family have lost him and disgusted that some of the entries on this blog are so selfish and insensitive. Ignore them, those people don't have a clue what they are talking about and must have very empty lives. God Bless you and your family.
Jayson Tate

Nassau, NY

#47 Feb 16, 2008
I just came across the news of Stewarts death and want to extend my deepest sympathy. I met the Ponder family when I lived with Brian after we got out of the navy. They were very kind to myself, my wife claudia and my young daughter Jensen. I hope that all that are affected by his passing learn to cope and try to remember the generous person that I knew stewart was. God bless. JT
Brittany M Ponder

Arlington, TX

#48 Apr 15, 2008
As my name is the same as yours, I've included my middle initial so as to not be confused for you.
I am sorry that your father has died.=(.
truth hurts

Orlando, FL

#49 Feb 6, 2009
Kathy Dent wrote:
Stewart was & always will be a wonderful man. He was married to my best friend for many many years & was a great father & husband. So... he loved riding his bike! Don't we all have something we love to do ? I am ashamed of all of you that wrote those mean & insensitive things about someone that you never new. Steawrt has the most beautful kids you could ever meet. How do you think they must feel to read such crap! I feel sorry for you!
He has the most wonderful kids?!?? His son sells and uses drugs!
Carre

United States

#50 Mar 18, 2010
The day I met him..he was an immediate "Friend". It has taken me two years to have the strength to write this. In all of my 48 years I have never met a man of his Calibre even with respect to my own Father and Brothers. He was and is the kindest and most giving person I have ever known. I felt complete trust and warmth from the instant I met him.
He made me laugh. He made me feel safe. Tought me the best lessons of my life.
He was the best Friend I have ever known. I wish he did not leave me here alone. But I am sure he did not do it willingly. He was a good Father and Husband, Son and Brother.
I wish more people could have benefited from just knowing him.
I will share one event that might just "barely" touch on his essence.
One morning very early a young Man,,,about 19 came to Stewart's house looking to borrow his flat bed trailer...it was new.. as it was clear it had been used rarely. The young man asked Stewart if he could use it for a few weeks. He was starting his own lawn maitenance business and could not afford one of his own at the time. This young person had been in trouble with the law and was attempting to get in control of his life.
I overheard the conversation Stewart had with the young man....Stewart never knew I heard. He "Gave" the trailer to him. Saying "Please do well with it". I knew in my "hearing" that I had witnessed a great and true Man. One that cared so much for others.
I wish each and every day ...and night..that he had taken me with him.
He was my Friend. And I would give anything if he would just come home.
God's comfort to his Family,, and hopefully to me.
God's Love to all.
Susan Selby Johnson

Charlotte, NC

#51 Feb 28, 2013
Brittany, was your dad's Mother and Father Ray (Sonny) and Judy Ponder?
Brittany Ponder wrote:
Stewart Ponder was my father. I am totally shocked and appalled that people can get on here and leave insensitive commments about a man who left so many people behind. He will be so missed!
And for the record: Lemon Bluff Road is a country road and it is the road he lives on. There were no cars for him to weave in and out of. It is more likely that a deer ran out in front of him. We will never know the truth. We are grieving and hoping that he didn't lay there in pain. We know that he is in a much better place now and he will never be forgotten.
man who lived a great, adventurous life - 1
losers who sit around and leave insensitive comments - 0
We love you and miss you so much, Dad!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min ObamaLogic 1,154,087
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 7 min King George 96,655
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Brian_G 49,220
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 6 hr Ellen 490,196
Jodi Arias: Does the state have the goods to co... (Mar '13) 10 hr AN is me 26,190
Has anyone ever had a new appliance fail multip... (Mar '12) 14 hr Cheyenne Autumn 9
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 16 hr Murph 70,608
Orlando Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Orlando News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Orlando

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:40 am PST

NBC Sports 6:40AM
Bortles: We showed the country who we are
NBC Sports11:45 AM
Just like old (sad) times: Buccaneers double-digit home underdogs vs. Packers
NBC Sports 1:39 PM
Young Jaguars piecing together key building blocks - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 8:19 PM
Ranking Packers' Best Wins over Buccaneers
Bleacher Report 9:00 AM
Start 'Em, Sit 'Em Week 16: Debating Difficult Fantasy Football Lineup Decisions