Osteen man killed when motorcycle hit...

Osteen man killed when motorcycle hits signpost

There are 48 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Jan 13, 2008, titled Osteen man killed when motorcycle hits signpost. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

An Osteen man was killed early Saturday in a motorcycle accident on Lemon Bluff Road near Wild Acre Road.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

lori russ and ali

Orlando, FL

#24 Jan 14, 2008
We knew and loved Stuart. He does not deserve these insensitive comments, nor does his family and friends.
Reese

West Palm Beach, FL

#25 Jan 15, 2008
My prayers to all of the family. Keep the spirit living and remember all the good in him. He was a good man. I do not know the whole family, however the ones I do know have more love built into them than any family I have seen. You all have strength and will make him proud.
Those of you who know nothing of this family need to stay out.
As one who rides as well, Stew you now have the open road. Be happy and God Bless you all.
Toni

Sun City Center, FL

#26 Jan 15, 2008
How dare people write such insensitive things, especially when the people who loved him will likely be reading the comments. Stewart was the love of my life. I've missed him so much. My thoughts & prayers are with his family & his many, many friends. There is no doubt in my mind Stewart is in heaven & I hope he is one of the people who greets me at the gates. If you knew him, you knew he was special & one of a kind. There will never be another Stewart. He was a person, not a statistic. Love:1 Unkindness:0
Julia

Sun City Center, FL

#27 Jan 15, 2008
Our thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends. Peter Marshall wrote the following: "Those we love are with the Lord, and the Lord has promised to be with us. If they are with Him and He is with us, they cannot be far away." Hope this is comforting to you.
Doug Blanks

Phenix City, AL

#28 Jan 15, 2008
Aunt Jean, Donna Brittany and little Stew and Jenny my thoughts and prayers are with you I am so sorry for your loss.I loved big stew and will miss him a great deal,he was so nice to us when we visited.If there is any thing we can do don't hesitate to ask. Love Doug and Family.
USUCK

Scottsmoor, FL

#29 Jan 15, 2008
The truth is there are no absolutes and as was said, we may never know what really happened. If you don't know the facts don't cause more pain.
Butch and Erin

Cocoa, FL

#30 Jan 16, 2008
We knew and loved Stewart for the wonderful, funny, caring person he was. He will be greatly missed. The facts or cause of his death don't lessen the pain for his family and friends. This is hardly the place to debate them. To Stewarts family: our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Dara Thurlby

Winter Haven, FL

#31 Jan 16, 2008
I'm shocked that anyone can comment the way they have. I know this family personally for many years, and I also know the tragity it has brought to such wonderful family. His daugther is one of my closest friends. To say such things are disgraceful. May peace be with you and with his family, and Steward Ponder.
RonTaylor

Winter Springs, FL

#32 Jan 16, 2008
stewart was a very good man who loved life He was a honest contractor who was good to his customers.He will be missed. And to all of the negative comments, if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all!Please pray for his family.
Larry Gies

Orlando, FL

#33 Jan 17, 2008
Stewart was a wonderful man. He was honest, trustworthy, and loyal. And he was our A/C & Heating contractor for decades.
Donna Ponder

United States

#34 Jan 19, 2008
Stewart your family loves and moarns our loss of you, You left us with wonderful memories, and much love. May you rest in peace. We will miss you. Your wonderful friends have embraced us at this time and because they loved you so much, they have gaven us much strenght and support at this difficult time. It is amazing how many lives you have touched, and your children are so proud of you, and encouraged to make you proud.

(former wife of 23 years)
Emma

United States

#35 Jan 19, 2008
I didn't really know Stewart that much. I only met him once but he was extremely nice to me. I really feel sorry for Brittany and Stew right now because I know how it feels. It is very difficult to believe it even happened, it's more like a shock than anything. My heart goes to you Brittany, Stew, and Donna.

And to all of you who don't have a life and just sit here and criticize possibly not knowing how it feels to loose someone so close, it's really quite sad. I just lost my mother last month so I know how it feels. Think before you speak as there are family members and their feelings to think about.
Emma

United States

#36 Jan 19, 2008
CONGRATS D-R wrote:
Wake up call Motocyclist, well maybe not!!!! They will keep riding carelessly at 3am in the morning weaving in and ot of cars on the interstate. This is sad however it will never end.
are you a 100% sure he was weaving in and out of traffic?! well if you are not. here was the answer: NO he was not. once again think before you speak.
Kathy Dent

Cocoa, FL

#37 Jan 19, 2008
Stewart was & always will be a wonderful man. He was married to my best friend for many many years & was a great father & husband. So... he loved riding his bike! Don't we all have something we love to do ? I am ashamed of all of you that wrote those mean & insensitive things about someone that you never new. Steawrt has the most beautful kids you could ever meet. How do you think they must feel to read such crap! I feel sorry for you!
Kathy Dent

Cocoa, FL

#38 Jan 19, 2008
To Donna, Britt and Stew.. I love you guys..just remember all the good times as I know you will... We will all greive the loss of this wonderful man. Ignore those that don't have a heart & keep your chin up! I'm here for you guys.....always.
Love ya,
Kathy
Kathy Dent

Cocoa, FL

#39 Jan 19, 2008
King Whitey wrote:
Same story different bike.
Just CC my comments from the last idiot.
ALL you bikers are stupid and selfish to take up such a dangerous activity if you have family depending on you
Get a life!
Emma

United States

#40 Jan 21, 2008
King Whitey wrote:
Same story different bike.
Just CC my comments from the last idiot.
ALL you bikers are stupid and selfish to take up such a dangerous activity if you have family depending on you
but you know what.. it could have happened in a car also. so maybe you shouldn't drive you car anymore? is that what you are trying to say because people die in cars, motorcycles, their own homes, walking down the street, in stores, and more. so nobody can be for sure they wont die any minute. when god calls for you, you will have to go.
Sad Customers

Eddyville, KY

#41 Jan 21, 2008
Sincere sympathy to Stewart's friends and family. We knew him for 10 years and will miss him dearly. He was an honest and caring man.
Brittany Ponder

Desoto, TX

#42 Jan 22, 2008
Emma wrote:
<quoted text>
but you know what.. it could have happened in a car also. so maybe you shouldn't drive you car anymore? is that what you are trying to say because people die in cars, motorcycles, their own homes, walking down the street, in stores, and more. so nobody can be for sure they wont die any minute. when god calls for you, you will have to go.
Yeah, EmmaBunny! You tell 'em!!!!!!!

Thanks for all the kind words. I love ya.
steamboatcruisec afecom

Altamonte Springs, FL

#43 Jan 22, 2008
i remember stewart as as very kind caring person my heart goes out to his family especially his children god bless i know the hurt ilost my dad this year it was an accident so lets skip any negativity

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min FYVM 1,432,872
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 14 min Patriot AKA Bozo 61,488
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 59 min Princess Hey 513,502
real estate attorneys (Jul '09) 7 hr Ketie Holms 2
News Real estate agent isn't a real pro (Nov '08) 7 hr Peter James 25
News Home Sales: Florida's February Home Sales Rise ... (Mar '09) 7 hr Mellisa 54
Looking to meet other single gay men in the Orl... (Jan '12) 8 hr Keith Chance 20

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages