Osteen man killed when motorcycle hits signpost

An Osteen man was killed early Saturday in a motorcycle accident on Lemon Bluff Road near Wild Acre Road. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
rrlarry

Cincinnati, OH

#1 Jan 13, 2008
On a motorcycle being vigilant 100% of the time is a must,in a auto you can get away with a little bit more. Anyway no one wants to see an accident that causes a death ever happen,
Geezer

Duncan, SC

#2 Jan 13, 2008
Sad Story. At 3:20am the Cause could have been fatique or maybe alcohol. But the fact he was found by a Deputy makes you wonder how long he layed there needing help. Prayers to his family.
r hernandez

Austin, TX

#3 Jan 13, 2008
motorcycles are great, but dangerous. people drive to close to you. no helmets here in florida is a no no. the cycle is a mode of transportation. here in my neighborhood where the speed limit is 30, they routinely go 50 or more. in a car you get a second chance sometimes. on a cycle, that one chance may be it. a cycle gives you a great rush, but it has to be controlled.
Albert Einstein

Daytona Beach, FL

#4 Jan 13, 2008
Am sure this was not an alcohol related incident. After all, it was 3:20 a.m. when most cyclists ride their bikes for pleasure.
CONGRATS D-R

Saint Petersburg, FL

#5 Jan 13, 2008
Wake up call Motocyclist, well maybe not!!!! They will keep riding carelessly at 3am in the morning weaving in and ot of cars on the interstate. This is sad however it will never end.
someone

Fort Myers, FL

#7 Jan 13, 2008
SIGN-1....MOTORCYCLE-0

Since: Jun 07

New Smyrna Beach

#8 Jan 13, 2008
Yes, I enjoy my bike. No, you won't find me weaving in and out of traffic.

For those who like to stereotype bikers as reckless, KMA. And for others who think it is too dangerous, stay at home, it is much safer with one less car or truck on the road.

In the last two days I drove 425 miles of interstate and back roads between here and West Palm Beach and, believe me, it wasn't motorcycles tailgating me and weaving in and out of traffic.

My condolences to the Ponder family and friends.

Since: Jan 07

St Pete

#9 Jan 13, 2008
CONGRATS D-R wrote:
Wake up call Motocyclist, well maybe not!!!! They will keep riding carelessly at 3am in the morning weaving in and ot of cars on the interstate. This is sad however it will never end.
Speaking from personal knowledge, Lemon Bluff Road is a side road on SR 415. No interstate there. He was probably overly tired and nodded off. SR 415 is a VERY dark stretch of road when you're not near a major intersection. I don't mind driving on it during the day, but I avoid it at all costs after dark. Too much of a chance of having some bit of wildlife running out in front of you. Which may or may not have been a factor in this accident.
Old Biker

United States

#10 Jan 13, 2008
My prayers and and condolences go out to his family and friends. Godspeed brother....Godspeed

To the motorcycle haters that will post here. Go away we aren't listening to you. Your stereotyping is just another form of prejudice that is born out of ignorance. "Judge not lest you be judged" This man died doing something he loved, you can only hope for the same.

Since: Jun 07

New Smyrna Beach

#12 Jan 13, 2008
King Whitey wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I hope he loved his family enough to have life insurance in place before he took up this dangerous, selfish pastime
So, I guess you don't need life insurance because you don't ride a motorcycle.

I have some news for you, buddy. We are all going to die. I don't care if the only thing you do is bake cookies. You will die baking cookies. Have fun baking your cookies and I will have fun riding my bike.

Your ridicule is unwanted, insensitive, and improper.
cool kix

Kissimmee, FL

#13 Jan 13, 2008
King Whitey... just a few facts and figures for you about Harley Davidson....

Revenue 2006 $6.2billion (9% increase from 05)
Net Income $1billion (8.7% increase)

That's a lot of "selfish, dangerous" people's money. Karma is like a boomerang brother, comments like that will come back to sting you later.
funnyone

Winter Park, FL

#15 Jan 14, 2008
King Whitey wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I hope he loved his family enough to have life insurance in place before he took up this dangerous, selfish pastime
And how do you consider it a "selfish pastime?" I have been riding for over 40 years and don't consider anything I do on my motorcycle selfish. I ride in a safe and courteous manner. I can't say the same for alot of the cars and trucks that violate my right of way on a daily basis. I have traveled coast to coast and from the extreme south to the extreme north on my Harley Davidsons. It is relaxing, exciting and most of all gives me a sense of freedom that you can't get on a plane, in a car, truck or train. Keep your stupid opinions to yourself. There are many good bikers out on the road and have a right to be there just like everyone else. And we save far more fuel than most vehicles that operate on gasoline. Get a grip!
funnyone

Winter Park, FL

#16 Jan 14, 2008
ClamBob wrote:
<quoted text>
So, I guess you don't need life insurance because you don't ride a motorcycle.
I have some news for you, buddy. We are all going to die. I don't care if the only thing you do is bake cookies. You will die baking cookies. Have fun baking your cookies and I will have fun riding my bike.
Your ridicule is unwanted, insensitive, and improper.
Right on!
JNAPOLEONATHOME

Daytona Beach, FL

#17 Jan 14, 2008
IT IS A SHOCKING TRAGEDY THAT SUCH A GREAT MAN HAS PASSED ON SO YOUNG AND MY HEART BREAKS FOR THOSE LEFT BEHIND TO MOURNE SUCH A DEVESTATING LOSS...I PRAY FOR PEACE TO COME FOR ALL WHO NEW AND LOVED HIM, INCLUDING MYSELF. MEMORIES OF GOOD TIMES WILL LAST FOREVER. JENNIFER
Brittany Ponder

Ocoee, FL

#18 Jan 14, 2008
Stewart Ponder was my father. I am totally shocked and appalled that people can get on here and leave insensitive commments about a man who left so many people behind. He will be so missed!

And for the record: Lemon Bluff Road is a country road and it is the road he lives on. There were no cars for him to weave in and out of. It is more likely that a deer ran out in front of him. We will never know the truth. We are grieving and hoping that he didn't lay there in pain. We know that he is in a much better place now and he will never be forgotten.

man who lived a great, adventurous life - 1

losers who sit around and leave insensitive comments - 0

We love you and miss you so much, Dad!!!!!!
Old Biker

United States

#19 Jan 14, 2008
All motorcyclist belong to a brotherhood. All of us in that brotherhood mourn the loss of Stewart Ponder with you.

Stewart, your brothers and sisters are waiting at heavens gate to show you the way. Rest in peace brother.
Aundrea Gaskell

San Antonio, TX

#20 Jan 14, 2008
I have just learned of this tragedy, this morning.
My cousin, Brian Ponder, thought so highly of Stewart. I last saw Stewart when he came to our grandmothers funeral, just a few weeks ago. Sadly, I never realized that it would be the last time to say hello to him or give him a hug. My prayers are with the Ponder family right now, and especially his daughter & son!
Stewart, may god take you under his wing and rest peacefully in heaven.....
Ashley

Orlando, FL

#21 Jan 14, 2008
I love you Britt. Big Stew.. Wish we could have said bye :)
Brittany Ponder

Ocoee, FL

#22 Jan 14, 2008
I would also like to thank everyone for the thoughts, prayers and kind words.

The important thing is to remember my dad and celebrate his life!!!!
Ahab the Arab

Daytona Beach, FL

#23 Jan 14, 2008
The dog barks, the caravan moves on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 5 min Ellen 490,088
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min RealDave 1,152,932
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 30 min kal 49,174
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 2 hr Miles 70,587
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 4 hr Miles 17,702
Scott Mansfield granted new trial (Feb '09) 7 hr Whoah 32
Jodi Arias: Does the state have the goods to co... (Mar '13) 8 hr Mary NY 26,138
Orlando Dating
Find my Match

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Orlando News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Orlando

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:47 am PST

Bleacher Report 3:47AM
Breaking Down Bucs' Game Plan vs. Packers
Bleacher Report 7:18 AM
Tennessee Titans vs. Jacksonville Jaguars: Complete Week 16 Preview for Tennesse
CBS Sports 7:18 AM
Race to the bottom: Buccaneers have leg up in quest for No. 1 pick
NBC Sports 9:57 AM
Jaguars leaning toward starting Blake Bortles
NBC Sports10:07 AM
Jaguars 'leaning more toward playing' Bortles vs Titans - NBC Sports