Barack Obama is a Christian

Barack Obama is a Christian

There are 4892 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Dec 22, 2007, titled Barack Obama is a Christian. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

I have not determined for whom I shall vote in the upcoming presidential primary.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 245
Next Last
Joe

Longwood, FL

#1 Dec 22, 2007
He may be a Christian, but he has a muslim background.

Even his name indicates a muslim heritage and his middle name is Hussein, according to a story I read the other day.

My understanding is he attended a muslim dominated elementary school overseas.

His Chicago church allegedly does not allow any other races to join according to an article I read once.

The pastor is also supposedly a good friend of his and supposedly has ties to Farrahkan.

He comes across as a nice person there are a lot of unanswered questions about him. He admits to use of drugs in his younger days as well, and not just once or twice.

I just think we can do better than this guy for someone who wants to be President. His only claim to fame is that he voted against the war in Iraq. At this point that doesn't matter any longer.

Other than that I haven't heard him have any concrete ideas about anything. He's good with ideology and public speaking, but if he starts talking about an actual issue he just rambles and repeats himself.

He's inexperienced and I don't think he has a clue. Running this country is a lot more than just pulling the troops out of Iraq and leaving a huge mess over there in the aaftermath. Anyone could do that.
Hillary

Kissimmee, FL

#2 Dec 22, 2007
Hussein Obama's ties to islam (the religion of pieces) are much too close for comfort.
Mo Lubee

Orlando, FL

#8 Dec 22, 2007
Yes, Obama is a Christian, but do you notice he keeps it to himself where it belongs. He doesn't feel the need to proclaim it, explain it, or wear it on his lapel. Why, because Barack Obama is a class person.

It is particularly impressive watching him treat the vicious attacks by Lizzie Borden (hillary) with class, for the most part giving them the credence (none) that they deserve.

I'm a Conservative Republican, but I find myself liking Obama simply because the man really has class, a heretofore missing ingredient in politics.

Somehow I can't help but feel the country would be better off in his inexperienced hands than it would in the devious grasping nasty control of Hillary Clinton.

Meanwhile, I have to try to figure out who is the lesser of evils among my own party candidates. Sorta like choosing between Lizzy Borden and the Seven Dwarfs. Right now it looks like Smiley (romney).

“I told you so...”

Since: Nov 07

Central, CA

#9 Dec 22, 2007
No he's not. He's such a fake.
Dismayed

Windermere, FL

#10 Dec 22, 2007
John Cox wrote:
IS OBAMA A FAKE OR CONVENIENTLY CHRISTIAN WITH A PURPOSE?
WHEN DID OBAMA BECAME CHRISTIAN?
WHEN DID OBAMA RENOUNCED ISLAM AND BECAME AN APOSTATE?
A.- THERE IS NO EVIDENCE HE EVER RENOUNCED ISLAM. SO HE MIGHT BE PLAYING "TAQIYYA"
Within Shi'ite Islamic tradition,[1] the concept of Taqiyya (??????-'fear, guard against')[2] refers to a controversial dispensation allowing believers to conceal their faith when under threat, persecution or compulsion.[3]
The word "al-Taqiyya" literally means: "Concealing or disguising one's beliefs, convictions, ideas, feelings, opinions, and/or strategies at a time of imminent danger, whether now or later in time, to save oneself from physical and/or mental injury." A one-word translation would be "Dissimulation." [4]
Here's an article from snopes.com that answers some of your questions. Just more smear tactics by some who never bother to check things out.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/muslim.a...
Gil

Daytona Beach, FL

#11 Dec 22, 2007
I want to hear Obama say where he stood on the O.J. Simpson trial. The majority of black Americans believed O.J. to be innocent and most whites believed him guilty. Did Barak believe like most blacks that O.J. was being framed? If not then what would he say to passing a law to reprosecute O.J.? As president would he sign in such a law? Of course he'll probably never comment on this subject. So many people have forgotten the year long trial and how it divided this country racially, and Barak would rather keep it forgotten.
margaritanlime

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#12 Dec 22, 2007
Joe wrote:
He may be a Christian, but he has a muslim background.
Even his name indicates a muslim heritage and his middle name is Hussein, according to a story I read the other day.
My understanding is he attended a muslim dominated elementary school overseas.
His Chicago church allegedly does not allow any other races to join according to an article I read once.
The pastor is also supposedly a good friend of his and supposedly has ties to Farrahkan.
He comes across as a nice person there are a lot of unanswered questions about him. He admits to use of drugs in his younger days as well, and not just once or twice.
I just think we can do better than this guy for someone who wants to be President. His only claim to fame is that he voted against the war in Iraq. At this point that doesn't matter any longer.
Other than that I haven't heard him have any concrete ideas about anything. He's good with ideology and public speaking, but if he starts talking about an actual issue he just rambles and repeats himself.
He's inexperienced and I don't think he has a clue. Running this country is a lot more than just pulling the troops out of Iraq and leaving a huge mess over there in the aaftermath. Anyone could do that.
SO WHAT. He is to be blamed because of his father's heritage? He went to a muslim school as a young child for a brief time? I drove by a mosque once....my bad.There are ALOT of upstanding muslims in this very country. There are just as many crazy christians. Is Obama ready to be president? I surely don't know but I'm not holding his middle name or his fathers (who he wasn't raised by) religion to color my opinion. Educate yourself and make intelligent decisions based on what's important, not b u lls h#! stuff that doesn't matter.
margaritanlime

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#13 Dec 22, 2007
John Cox wrote:
IS OBAMA A FAKE OR CONVENIENTLY CHRISTIAN WITH A PURPOSE?
WHEN DID OBAMA BECAME CHRISTIAN?
WHEN DID OBAMA RENOUNCED ISLAM AND BECAME AN APOSTATE?
A.- THERE IS NO EVIDENCE HE EVER RENOUNCED ISLAM. SO HE MIGHT BE PLAYING "TAQIYYA"
Within Shi'ite Islamic tradition,[1] the concept of Taqiyya (??????-'fear, guard against')[2] refers to a controversial dispensation allowing believers to conceal their faith when under threat, persecution or compulsion.[3]
The word "al-Taqiyya" literally means: "Concealing or disguising one's beliefs, convictions, ideas, feelings, opinions, and/or strategies at a time of imminent danger, whether now or later in time, to save oneself from physical and/or mental injury." A one-word translation would be "Dissimulation." [4]
Why should someone denounce something they are not? Should I denounce Catholicism because I went to mass once for a friends wedding (didn't make me catholic but since I was there once, I must be one, right?

It's the American lemmings who believe ANYTHING in an email that gets forwarded a million times that scares me more than the idea that Obama (an African name by the way) went to a muslim preschool.
margaritanlime

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#14 Dec 22, 2007
John Cox wrote:
I'm a republican and hate B^sh and his cronies.
I'm following the lead of Tom Tancredo and will support Mitt Romney.
This elections John Kerry?(I went hunting once)
Basic Cable

United States

#15 Dec 22, 2007
This country was racially divided long before the O.J. trial and continues to be based on some of the rhetoric and tirades observed on some of the daily posts.

Whether O.J. was guilty or not, his name isn't on the ballot and I think it's to late for him to announce.
UncommonSense

Tampa, FL

#18 Dec 22, 2007
Vote for Ron Paul, read his stand on all the issues on his website, and you will see a way to save this country from being taken over.

Save America while we still can
typical US citizen

Los Angeles, CA

#21 Dec 22, 2007
Gil wrote:
I want to hear Obama say where he stood on the O.J. Simpson trial. The majority of black Americans believed O.J. to be innocent and most whites believed him guilty. Did Barak believe like most blacks that O.J. was being framed? If not then what would he say to passing a law to reprosecute O.J.? As president would he sign in such a law? Of course he'll probably never comment on this subject. So many people have forgotten the year long trial and how it divided this country racially, and Barak would rather keep it forgotten.
Why do you think Obama should say something about OJ? Why not ask the other candidates their opinion about the OJ trial? Itís clear that race matters to you. You are so blinded by your racial opinions that the OJ trial seems to be a permanent scar on your mind. Get over it. Since the OJ trial a number of accused murderers have been acquitted.

Stupid, ignorant, paranoid people are always trying to spread their fear and hatred towards anyone that may not fit into their limited comfort zone. A person's name does not determine a personís lifestyle, politics or religion. A personís race does not make them a supporter of OJ Simpson or require that they voice an opinion about OJís trial.

But you should feel comfortable because you are not alone. Just reading the comments about Obamaís religion shows just how paranoid Americans have become. Like you, their comments show a lack of intelligence. Just fear, ignorance and stupidity.

Some of the comments on this thread show that stupidity and ignorance is not only still alive but is growing in America. The sad thing is Ė these same stupid, ignorant people may be voting in the next election.
southern Illinois

East Saint Louis, IL

#22 Dec 22, 2007
PEOPLE wake up!!! Putting everything aside but the politics. Look at obama's track record in Illinois. Also he DOES NOT HAVE ENOUGH TIME AS A REPRESENTATIVE IN A STATE to go on and be a REPRESENTATIVE of the ENTIRE U.S.A. Do you think that the non-muslim countrys are going want to deal with a muslim from the US. NO! It's not going to bring a good relationship with muslims because he from the USA.(well almost) He has also stated He wants to bring troops home just to send them to Africa. If anything look at the track record it stinks in Illinois. Now that he has started to run for president he has been absent on all Illinois votes. Lets hope if he gets president he doesnt find another job to run for and just leave the nation standing. LOOK at the track record. Vote Anything but obama.
Zeus

Haughton, LA

#24 Dec 22, 2007
John Cox wrote:
I'm a republican and hate B^sh and his cronies.
I'm following the lead of Tom Tancredo and will support Mitt Romney.
yeah well too bad Tom Tancredo could only talk about sending back illegal inmigrants and nothing else, making the Republicans look like a bunch of aholes. Glad he's dropping out he has no clue what it takes to be president. Mitt Romney is a liar who has conveniently said he believes he fully believes the Bible now.. yeah. Well at least he has an idea on how to manage things.

Bill Clinto was "a christian" for a time too and so was Al Gore... Right before the elections that is. Nice try! they're not fooling anyone really.
margaritanlime

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#25 Dec 22, 2007
PhatBOy wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a sheep, ALL Muslims Are The enemy they all secretly support the beheading of you and all Non-Muslims.
Just listen next time they blow up innocent women and children the Peaceful muslims will say they don't support the killings BUT America needs to change their policy or the poor Muslims are being held down or whatever,there is always a But, they are all murderers.
He ISN'T A MUSLIM.
margaritanlime

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#26 Dec 22, 2007
John Frost wrote:
LATEST EMAIL I GOT 1HR AGO:
We need confirmation of this:
Did Obama converted Oprah to Islam in Africa?
Did Obama converted Will Smith to Islam in Chicago?
Will Smith was a nice black boy until he met Obama and now is a full fledged Nazi.
The Obama nazi influence is powerful on these people, but we must realize that blacks have
always been slaves to Arabs, the creators of Islam.
So, don't you negros think that by joining Islam you will be equal to a white Arab!! Never!
White arabs call you your very own name: ABDEL
Through out history, blacks have always been slaves of the Arabs, always!
This not going to change now, or ever.
Wake up! The Arabs invented Islam to enslave the world to Mecca and to the will of the Mullahs and Imams
See this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Vxk2YrHXX
1EuA&feature=related
This is the stupidest yet.

By the way, Did Obama "converted"? Your lack of education is astounding.

“ HONEST POSTS”

Since: Aug 07

The good ol' US of A

#27 Dec 22, 2007
Did you all see Obama's Christmas message. Scorcese couldn't have produced a more cheesy family advertisement.

His wife Michelle ever so presentable, a marketers dream. So controlled and ambitious. Two darling little children one on Barak's knee the other standing next to Mother.

You see, Obama took days off from his very important campaign to join his family for Christmas and wish everyone a Very Happy Christmas. Playing the good family man, with the ever ambitious wife sitting beside him.

It seems Obama has two very ambitious, controlling women in his life. Oprah and Michelle. That would make for interesting observation watching those two together in a room with him.

I hope Oprah chose her Obama for President circus show better than she chose the Headmasters and staff of her African school for girls. Such a fine selection she made there. Her judgement is questionable.
Gator

Wildwood, NJ

#29 Dec 22, 2007
PhatBOy wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a sheep, ALL Muslims Are The enemy they all secretly support the beheading of you and all Non-Muslims.
Just listen next time they blow up innocent women and children the Peaceful muslims will say they don't support the killings BUT America needs to change their policy or the poor Muslims are being held down or whatever,there is always a But, they are all murderers.
Are you guys for real?? Neoconservatives have become so obsessed with mixing religion and politics, which do not mix, to the point of absurd paranoia and tired ole fear mongering. Get a life and an education please, rather than regurgitating Rush Limbaugh's lack of it. Obama is a Christian for the umpteenth thousandth time, and who are you to judge a fellow Christian anyway?

Too many on this thread are completely uninformed (just look at the grammatical mess they make with their rhetoric). Most of us in this country are sick of your lies, delusion, denial, divisiveness, and complete disregard for other views. Keep it up, and you will send an end to your conservatism in politics, as we know it. Ron Paul is your only saving grace in this race as far as I am concerned, and your party would be wise to give him proper consideration if you want any chance in the general election.

“I hate stupidity & ignorance”

Since: Oct 07

America

#30 Dec 22, 2007
After reading a few of these post I've come to the conclusion a lot of you lack the necessary critical think skills to think for yourself. Let alone you're very irrational behavior is somewhat delusional & scary.
fan

East Saint Louis, IL

#31 Dec 22, 2007
my vote for RON PAUL.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 245
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 20 min zazz 98,389
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 20 min Cheech the Conser... 1,524,235
News 'Casey Anthony: An American Murder Mystery' rev... 2 hr berrytea333 106
News Mark Toland, Mind Reader to Appear at Orlando F... 2 hr MarkTolandLive 1
last post wins! (Jul '11) 2 hr Princess Hey 6,012
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 6 hr Murphey_Law 513,110
Word Association 2 (Jul '10) 13 hr Princess Hey 23,076

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages