No yolk: Folks who eat hard-boiled eggs at work are annoying --...

To the server who objected to her customers drinking water with lemon: After enduring your rude, sloppy, careless and indifferent "service," and eating food that is overpriced, overrated, tasteless and ... Full Story

“I'd rather be underwater!”

Since: Apr 07

O'Town

#44 Sep 2, 2007
Sarah 75 wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what is as bad as eggs? People who burn popcorn at work. The smell NEVER GOES AWAY!
I don't understand why this even happens. If people would just stand at the microwave for 2 minutes this wouldn't happen. But NOOOOOO, they'd rather have cajun style popcorn and make us suffer the entire day. Bad enough it happens at least 2 times a day. I hate sitting by the kitchen.*phew* I feel better.
Native Floridian

United States

#45 Sep 3, 2007
Tiffany wrote:
<quoted text>
It's ridiculous, but you're right they might as well criticize the vehicle I drive just because I have an "In Loving Memory of..." sticker on my rear window.
"God please forgive me for placing an In Loving Memory of My Father sticker on my rear window for a daily reminder of him, especially while I'm on the road."
Daily reminder? How many times a day or even during the week do you actually look at the rear of your car?
Putting the decals on the windows actually look like your bragging that you have lost a loved one. Your also putting other loved ones in danger if you put the full name on the decal. For example if you have your Dad's full name on the decal then your giving a theif knowledge that he may of had a wife who's now living alone. Prime target, so they go on line and pay $49.95 and run a background check on the name with the birthdate and death date and have lots of information...
Also our loved one would like for us to let go, for the longer you greive for them the longer they have to hang around. If you could hear the spirits you would be ashamed of yourselves for keeping them from the wonderful after life they have earned.
These window stickers things all started with the death of Dale Ernhart, and really don't do much other then make money for those making the decals.
Same thing applies with the decals with children's names, years ago we stopped puting our kids names on their shirts so the sicko could use their names to get friendly with them. So now the new generation of parents are sticking the names on their cars, where the kids ride in them and are dropped off at school and after school activity areas. So the sicko follows the car see whatthe kid looks like and what they are wearing. Waits a while then approches the kid calling them by their name (kid thinks they have to know me they know my name) and gets the kid to follow them under the pretense the parent sent them....
It's great to brag on our kids but we need to remember to keep them safe so if you need to brag on them then do it with decals with out details...
Sarah 75

Orlando, FL

#46 Sep 3, 2007
Jamers wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't understand why this even happens. If people would just stand at the microwave for 2 minutes this wouldn't happen. But NOOOOOO, they'd rather have cajun style popcorn and make us suffer the entire day. Bad enough it happens at least 2 times a day. I hate sitting by the kitchen.*phew* I feel better.
I'm stealing the phrase "cajun style popcorn" That just made my day. Thanks for the smiles!

O'Town

#47 Sep 4, 2007
Sarah 75 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm stealing the phrase "cajun style popcorn" That just made my day. Thanks for the smiles!
I do what I can.=)
FastJack

Orlando, FL

#48 Sep 6, 2007
I'd be willing to put up with the burned popcorn, the hard boiled egg, the licorice, all of that if someone would find a way to shut up the person in the next cube who sings and/or whistles through their teeth to every song that comes across the piped in music...it's bad enough we have to listen to the music but do you really have to add in your own off-pitch, off-key version? That's bad enough, but then you don't even know the lyrics and fall back on your "ta-dum-dums" that do nothing to enhance the music. Please, let the musicians sing their music without your pitiful attempts to do the lead vocals!
Meg

Washington, DC

#49 Sep 6, 2007
FastJack wrote:
I'd be willing to put up with the burned popcorn, the hard boiled egg, the licorice, all of that if someone would find a way to shut up the person in the next cube who sings and/or whistles through their teeth to every song that comes across the piped in music...it's bad enough we have to listen to the music but do you really have to add in your own off-pitch, off-key version? That's bad enough, but then you don't even know the lyrics and fall back on your "ta-dum-dums" that do nothing to enhance the music. Please, let the musicians sing their music without your pitiful attempts to do the lead vocals!
Whistling thru teeth along with "dental office" music in the next cube?

Duct tape. Definately. Pull off a length, write "Apply over mouth when tempted to sing or whistle" and put in the the offenders cube..Do it today.

O'Town

#50 Sep 6, 2007
Great, so not only do we need to suffer through the burnt popcorn smell, we now have to worry about "popcorn" lung cancer. What the he11?!?!?
FastJack

Orlando, FL

#51 Sep 7, 2007
Jamers wrote:
Great, so not only do we need to suffer through the burnt popcorn smell, we now have to worry about "popcorn" lung cancer. What the he11?!?!?
Apparently only if you INHALE the aroma...just think, years from now someone can legitimately say< "I didn't inhale that popcorn bag" and will be applauded...of course I want to know what kind of bozo deliberately inhales popcorn aroma two or three times a day?
irony

Lexington, SC

#52 Sep 7, 2007
FastJack wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently only if you INHALE the aroma...just think, years from now someone can legitimately say< "I didn't inhale that popcorn bag" and will be applauded...of course I want to know what kind of bozo deliberately inhales popcorn aroma two or three times a day?
at my office, any attempt to breathe whatsoever means deliberately inhaling popcorn aroma... i don't think it stinks... but its a bunch of chemical junk. i pop mine the old fashioned way... in a pan on the stove
John

Ottawa, Canada

#53 Sep 7, 2007
Sarah 75 wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what is as bad as eggs? People who burn popcorn at work. The smell NEVER GOES AWAY!
Same goes for fish reheated in microwaves. The smell just lingers.
Heather

Southwest Brevard Cnty, FL

#54 Sep 9, 2007
Dan wrote:
At least those decals are about a family member/close friend. What gets me is the decals for Dale Earnhardt. Those people never met him. It makes about as much sense as decals for Princess Di or Ronald Reagan.
I agree, I'm about to put a sticker on my car for my grandfather. And if anyone wants to say how stupid that is, then they have never lost someone special to them or are just mean in general. I think that people greive in different ways and I want a part of him with me where ever I go. It's a good way for me to remember him everyday and think about the good times

O'Town

#55 Sep 10, 2007
FastJack wrote:
<quoted text>
I swear I didn't inhale the fumes! Ha ha I was thinking the same thing. Wonder if he sticks his head in the bag too.
caml

United States

#56 Sep 12, 2007
speaking of smells. i really dislike the fumes emitted from cars and esp buses and trucks. i don't think some people realize that they can hit the button to recirculate the air in the car rather than breathe in the fumes.
FastJack

Orlando, FL

#57 Sep 13, 2007
Jamers wrote:
<quoted text>
I swear I didn't inhale the fumes! Ha ha I was thinking the same thing. Wonder if he sticks his head in the bag too.
That only will happen during the press conference - after they've been caught at the Minneapolis Airport
Oh please

Oakland, CA

#58 Sep 17, 2007
Native Floridian wrote:
<quoted text>
Daily reminder? How many times a day or even during the week do you actually look at the rear of your car?
Putting the decals on the windows actually look like your bragging that you have lost a loved one. Your also putting other loved ones in danger if you put the full name on the decal. For example if you have your Dad's full name on the decal then your giving a theif knowledge that he may of had a wife who's now living alone. Prime target, so they go on line and pay $49.95 and run a background check on the name with the birthdate and death date and have lots of information...
Also our loved one would like for us to let go, for the longer you greive for them the longer they have to hang around. If you could hear the spirits you would be ashamed of yourselves for keeping them from the wonderful after life they have earned.
These window stickers things all started with the death of Dale Ernhart, and really don't do much other then make money for those making the decals.
Same thing applies with the decals with children's names, years ago we stopped puting our kids names on their shirts so the sicko could use their names to get friendly with them. So now the new generation of parents are sticking the names on their cars, where the kids ride in them and are dropped off at school and after school activity areas. So the sicko follows the car see whatthe kid looks like and what they are wearing. Waits a while then approches the kid calling them by their name (kid thinks they have to know me they know my name) and gets the kid to follow them under the pretense the parent sent them....
It's great to brag on our kids but we need to remember to keep them safe so if you need to brag on them then do it with decals with out details...
Seriously, what is it to you? And how would you know what the spirits are saying and if they want us to get out of their lives? Have you died and come back or something? And to say that it looks like "you are bragging or something" about losing a loved one it pretty much the dumbest thing I have ever heard someone say. Nobody brags about losing someone they love, it is completely devastating. And as far as looking at the rear of your car, I sure hope you are looking at yours every day, or I do not want to be anywhere near you when you are driving. I actually just saw someone who put one of these stickers on their car the other day for someone in their life (in other words not Dale Sr/Princess Di or whoever) and I thought it was a really neat thing to do. And as far as not knowing Dale Sr justifying whether or not you put one on or not, let me tell you - I was a huge fan of his, and saw the race he was killed in, and it sucked. It really sucked. It didn't feel nearly the same as when I lost my father, but I wouldn't fault anyone for honoring him. And as far as safety goes, if you are taking care of your children properly, you shouldn't have to worry about the stranger thing - especially since there are a host of other ways they get to your kids, you should be already preventing ANY kind of opportunity for a stranger to approach your child. And being a widow doesn't necessarily equal living alone or that she is incapable of taking care of herself or that she doesn't take precautions now that she is alone. My mom is a widow, and is very aware of it, and does make sure she doesn't leave herself vulnerable.
gimme a break

Winter Park, FL

#59 Sep 18, 2007
Native Floridian wrote:
<quoted text>
You rock. I especially think of the ones where the girls are the cheerleaders for the schools and the boys for whatever sport they are in. Parents need to stop and think about what they are doing. This is no different that the my space crap that is out there. Then when something does happen, you'll here them say, "how did this happen". Gee you idiot, can't imagine. Thanks for posting this. I'm very happy to see that someone else out there thinks rationally.
K in NY

Corning, NY

#60 Apr 3, 2009
Nothing says class like a vinyl sticker on the back of a dirty car window. I sincerely hope that when I die my family will plant a tree or something for people to enjoy or some other such "memorial". If I get a memorial sticker on a car I will come back and haunt them until they scrape it off.

Honestly I understand their grief and I am not trying to diminish it. We all lose loved ones, but grief always used to be handled with your close family and friends rather than complete strangers on the freeway.

There is something vaguely rude about the memorial sticker phenomenon. Most people would not walk up to a stranger on the street and tell them about their deceased loved one. Why then is it OK to tell everyone that passes you on the freeway about your problems? Maybe its a product of the "its all about me" generation.

It would be interesting to see a demographic study on this. What type of income and education bracket do most of the sticker memorial folks come from?t would seem that initially most memorial stickers were "memorializing" some terrible tragedy such as losing a child, drunk driving etc. Most of the stickers had a reasonably short time between birth and death, But more and more, at least where I live, it would seem that people are memorializing thir great aunt, or mom or dad or old uncle that likely died of natural causes. If people want to raise awareness of a particular issue thats fine. Put a sticker that indicates exactly the message you want to convey on your car. You dont need to put your loved ones name and date of death there. Remember the MADD bumper stickers? The ones that said "My son (or daughter or parent or whomever) was killed by a drunk driver" I rarely see these stickers anymore. All of the memorial stickers I have see so far, with the exception of the one on your page here, have simply been a name and birth and death date. Nothing at all to make you "think" twice about anything towards safety or any social ill. The only thing can think when I see a memorial sticker is that the person driving the car must be in need of sympathy and understanding that they cant get elsewhere. Or perhaps that they think their problems are more important than anyone else out there who doesn't wear their heart on their windshield
Eric

South River, NJ

#61 Mar 5, 2013
UGH I LITERALLY SHARE A DESK with a woman that eats a hardboiled egg every morning, smells like farts all the time. So gross, wanna throw up (not just when im hungover all the time)
Stone Temple Staind

Spring, TX

#62 Jul 2, 2013
Boiled eggs are good nutrition. I'd rather eat mine scrambled into an omelet with a little cheese and some Naked Juice for good measure. That or V8.

Get you some Febreeze. There's even a double strength for bathroom odors.
Good luck!
World War Z

Houston, TX

#63 Jul 2, 2013
The Catholic Church gives out boiled eggs to the homeless. Just FYI.
Flatulence is proof your body is doing its job.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min woodtick57 1,127,054
Jodi Arias: Does the state have the goods to co... (Mar '13) 8 hr HELL ON EARTH 25,897
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 9 hr Sniff my Gloomy D... 488,760
last post wins! (Jul '11) 10 hr Maverick 808 5,284
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 13 hr zazz 96,522
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 13 hr grave digger 47,501
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 13 hr Liz Spector 17,711
Orlando Dating
Find my Match

Orlando Jobs

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Orlando News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Orlando

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]