No yolk: Folks who eat hard-boiled eg...

No yolk: Folks who eat hard-boiled eggs at work are annoying --...

There are 65 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Aug 30, 2007, titled No yolk: Folks who eat hard-boiled eggs at work are annoying --.... In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

To the server who objected to her customers drinking water with lemon: After enduring your rude, sloppy, careless and indifferent "service," and eating food that is overpriced, overrated, tasteless and ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

Karen

Ocala, FL

#23 Aug 30, 2007
Worse than the dead decals are the ones for sports teams with the kids' names in the middle. What a great way to advertise your children to perverts who can write down your kid's name and pay an internet service $14.95 to run your license plate to find out where your kid lives.
Nicole

Scottsmoor, FL

#24 Aug 30, 2007
Meg wrote:
"To those who put those tacky "In loving memory of ..." decals on their cars: Is the car in memory of the deceased? The rear windshield? Or the sticker? And shame on the business(es) that sell them!"
For you to take the time to comment and/or criticize how an individual commemorates a loved one on their own car makes you, in my estimation, long on time and short on brains and heart. You are a very miserable human being, and I hope you learn to "lighten up" before life gives you something to REALLY concern you.
I see a lot of those decals while stuck in traffic...and traffic jams give me time to mull over distractions. I must add that I have a masters degree, work in the education field, donate to various charities, am far from miserable. But thanks for the interest this has generated.
Nicole

Scottsmoor, FL

#25 Aug 30, 2007
Karen wrote:
Worse than the dead decals are the ones for sports teams with the kids' names in the middle. What a great way to advertise your children to perverts who can write down your kid's name and pay an internet service $14.95 to run your license plate to find out where your kid lives.
I agree! Don't the parents think?
irony

Columbia, SC

#26 Aug 30, 2007
Meg wrote:
"To those who put those tacky "In loving memory of ..." decals on their cars: Is the car in memory of the deceased? The rear windshield? Or the sticker? And shame on the business(es) that sell them!"
For you to take the time to comment and/or criticize how an individual commemorates a loved one on their own car makes you, in my estimation, long on time and short on brains and heart. You are a very miserable human being, and I hope you learn to "lighten up" before life gives you something to REALLY concern you.
i'm putting it in my will: a pox on anyone who puts one of those memoorial stickers about me on their vehicle when i die.

and what about the MADD stickers? i'm talking about the ones with the big letters that say : A DRUNK DRIVER KILLED MY__________ AND I'M MADD!

my mother in law was killed by a drunk driver, my spouse nor i think its in very good taste. i don't have a problem with the organization, just those stickers! they make the driver look like a bitter person who wants to look back with anger rather than move forward with the recognition that life goes on. i know my mother in law would agree. she was a lovely lady.
Nancy

Dover, FL

#27 Aug 30, 2007
irony wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm putting it in my will: a pox on anyone who puts one of those memoorial stickers about me on their vehicle when i die.
and what about the MADD stickers? i'm talking about the ones with the big letters that say : A DRUNK DRIVER KILLED MY__________ AND I'M MADD!
my mother in law was killed by a drunk driver, my spouse nor i think its in very good taste. i don't have a problem with the organization, just those stickers! they make the driver look like a bitter person who wants to look back with anger rather than move forward with the recognition that life goes on. i know my mother in law would agree. she was a lovely lady.
Everyone grieves and copes with their losses differently. Have a little compassion. Hopefully, when you are gone, someone will want some little daily remembrance of you. If their choice of remembrance annoys you, look at the blue sky, green grass...spend your negative time/energy on more worthy adversaries, like metal scraping on a blackboard.
saversguy

Apopka, FL

#28 Aug 30, 2007
A full sheet of plywood flew out of the back of a commercial truck towing a small construction digger and slammed into my car on I-4. My windshield was busted, and the body of my car damaged.

That will teach you to stop tailgating.
irony

Columbia, SC

#29 Aug 31, 2007
Nancy wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone grieves and copes with their losses differently. Have a little compassion. Hopefully, when you are gone, someone will want some little daily remembrance of you. If their choice of remembrance annoys you, look at the blue sky, green grass...spend your negative time/energy on more worthy adversaries, like metal scraping on a blackboard.
hey... i was commenting on the negativeness of the stickers... i already explained that the psoitive approach is to move forward. why is it only relatives of victims of drunk drivers choose to grieve that way? i don't see stickers that say "a texting driver killed my son" or "a serial killer killed my daughter"
Dan

Baltimore, MD

#30 Aug 31, 2007
At least those decals are about a family member/close friend. What gets me is the decals for Dale Earnhardt. Those people never met him. It makes about as much sense as decals for Princess Di or Ronald Reagan.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#31 Aug 31, 2007
CAJ wrote:
I wish my life were such that a co-worker eating hard boiled eggs was enough to tick me off! Unfortunately, I find more TRIVIAL issues like children being abused, a judicial system that's failing our communities, animals being maimed and killed for sport, drivers who are more concerned with their cell phones and text messaging than their driving, just to name a few, tick me off. Personally I could give a hoot about who eats what at work - as a matter of fact, my coworker just offered me some egg salad!! That has hard boiled eggs in it ao I sure hope I don't tick anyone off!!!
""Your points are valid...I agree...!!!
orlando native

Orlando, FL

#32 Aug 31, 2007
Karen wrote:
I agree! Don't the parents think?.........But if your child is not at home when you are not there, you don't have to worry about it.

Level 1

Since: Aug 07

Lincolnshire, IL

#33 Aug 31, 2007
"To the server who objected to her customers drinking water with lemon: After enduring your rude, sloppy, careless and indifferent "service," and eating food that is overpriced, overrated, tasteless and improperly prepared, or re-served in a restaurant that is smelly, dirty, noisy and dismal, I think if I want to drink just water with lemon, I will -- or I'll order a drink and pay for it out of your unearned, undeserved, unappreciated and unnecessary tip. You are just an overpaid servant. You will not tell me what I should do."

You should not be going out to eat in the first place. And without those 'Servants'(who do VERY well I might add), we'd have no one to SERVE us.

Level 1

Lincolnshire, IL

#34 Aug 31, 2007
I agree that I wouldn't put one of those stickers on my car because I don't particularly like them, but geesh, what's the big deal if people do it? Do you go around criticizing the type of car they drive too because it annoys you?

Leesburg, FL

#35 Aug 31, 2007
orlando native wrote:
I agree! Don't the parents think?.........But if your child is not at home when you are not there, you don't have to worry about it.
Great theory except for being a parent and being at home with your child doesn't stop a psychopath from breaking into your home in the middle of the night and taking your child or killing the parent and taking the child. Unfortunately, being a parent doesn't make you invincible.
The Kid Rides Again

Trenton, NJ

#37 Aug 31, 2007
Karen wrote:
What is even worst than that, are the people who are looking for love on the internet and they put pictures of their childern or grandchildern in their personal profiles. The preverts do not have to look far for their next victim, because these people looking for love cannot see anything else, but the love they are so in need of
Citygirl33z

Winter Park, FL

#38 Aug 31, 2007
Nicole wrote:
I submitted the decals one about a month or so ago. Glad to see it finally made the paper. Hopefully this will make some one think twice before buying one.:-)
For the longest time, I thought I was the only one trying to figure out what was being dedicated in the memory of something. Finally, I'm not alone!:)
Nancy

Dover, FL

#39 Aug 31, 2007
irony wrote:
<quoted text>
hey... i was commenting on the negativeness of the stickers... i already explained that the psoitive approach is to move forward. why is it only relatives of victims of drunk drivers choose to grieve that way? i don't see stickers that say "a texting driver killed my son" or "a serial killer killed my daughter"
Give it time, give it time. PEople have been found not guilty of murder because they watched the Tom and Jerry cartoon show.
caml

Homosassa, FL

#40 Aug 31, 2007
Skeeter wrote:
People who eat hard-boiled eggs at work tick me off.
I agree. I have 2 people at my job who eat eggs at their desk in the morning & I feel like barfing at the smell of it.
Smelly foods do not belong in professional offices. I banned eggs, tuna, onions...anything smelly from my office. My employees could not bring them in.
Nancy

Dover, FL

#41 Aug 31, 2007
caml wrote:
<quoted text>
Smelly foods do not belong in professional offices. I banned eggs, tuna, onions...anything smelly from my office. My employees could not bring them in.
I understand what you're saying, but it's a hard line to draw. Personally, I get physically nauseated at the smell of licorice and butterscotch and my adjacent cube-mate LOVES them. THEN, there's the Mr. Outdoorsman who brings in his "Roadkill of the Day" and MICROWAVES it on a paper towel about 7:00 in the morning when even the aroma of coffee is suspect! Gotta have an iron stomach to work with rocket scientist, I guess. LOL
Tiffany

West Monroe, LA

#42 Aug 31, 2007
Meg wrote:
Meg,
I am so with you on this one! Although she claims that she is the least bit miserable, I feel that hard to believe, and being in the education field hopefully my children never have her as a teacher. I feel there is a lack of compassion.

Also, to GatorGrad, who stated "Do you go around criticizing the type of car they drive too because it annoys you?" It's ridiculous, but you're right they might as well criticize the vehicle I drive just because I have an "In Loving Memory of..." sticker on my rear window.

"God please forgive me for placing an In Loving Memory of My Father sticker on my rear window for a daily reminder of him, especially while I'm on the road."

This quite frankly makes me smile that you get aggravated over a NON-OFFESIVE sticker I have MY car, who's car? Oh yes, MY CAR!
FastJack

Orlando, FL

#43 Sep 2, 2007
Nicole wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. I read a Carl Hiaasen book where one of the characters liked to steal all those ornaments from the side of the road.
That book was made into a indie movie starring Tom Nowicki from Winter Park. It's called "Descansos" - the trailer looks good, but they're having a hard time finding a distributor.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Realtime 1,536,529
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 11 hr Mooooooo 63,621
___Justice For Caylee___Cont. (Feb '10) Sun southerngirl 25,599
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) Sat zazz 98,403
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... May 26 Eagle 12 462
News Research: Dropouts flee area schools (Oct '07) May 24 Willieneal123 55
News Live updates: Universal Orlando's Volcano Bay w... May 24 Cheryl Throne 1

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages