No yolk: Folks who eat hard-boiled eggs at work are annoying --...

To the server who objected to her customers drinking water with lemon: After enduring your rude, sloppy, careless and indifferent "service," and eating food that is overpriced, overrated, tasteless and ... Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Skeeter

Orlando, FL

#1 Aug 30, 2007
People who eat hard-boiled eggs at work tick me off.
I agree. I have 2 people at my job who eat eggs at their desk in the morning & I feel like barfing at the smell of it.
CAJ

Montgomery, AL

#2 Aug 30, 2007
I wish my life were such that a co-worker eating hard boiled eggs was enough to tick me off! Unfortunately, I find more TRIVIAL issues like children being abused, a judicial system that's failing our communities, animals being maimed and killed for sport, drivers who are more concerned with their cell phones and text messaging than their driving, just to name a few, tick me off. Personally I could give a hoot about who eats what at work - as a matter of fact, my coworker just offered me some egg salad!! That has hard boiled eggs in it ao I sure hope I don't tick anyone off!!!
Nancy

Montgomery, AL

#3 Aug 30, 2007
Skeeter wrote:
People who eat hard-boiled eggs at work tick me off.
I agree. I have 2 people at my job who eat eggs at their desk in the morning & I feel like barfing at the smell of it.
OMG UNACCEPTABLE WORKING CONDITIONS. I must leave now.
Seriously

United States

#4 Aug 30, 2007
To the server who objected to her customers drinking water with lemon: After enduring your rude, sloppy, careless and indifferent "service," and eating food that is overpriced, overrated, tasteless and improperly prepared, or re-served in a restaurant that is smelly, dirty, noisy and dismal, I think if I want to drink just water with lemon, I will -- or I'll order a drink and pay for it out of your unearned, undeserved, unappreciated and unnecessary tip. You are just an overpaid servant. You will not tell me what I should do.

Boy, you're a little cranky aren't you? Maybe your server was giving back to you what you gave to them. Sounds like you need to stay at home until you learn how to behave.
Carmen

Oviedo, FL

#5 Aug 30, 2007
Not to mention the smell of the after part of eating a hardboiled egg huh????
Jackie

Milwaukee, WI

#7 Aug 30, 2007
CAJ wrote:
I wish my life were such that a co-worker eating hard boiled eggs was enough to tick me off! Unfortunately, I find more TRIVIAL issues like children being abused, a judicial system that's failing our communities, animals being maimed and killed for sport, drivers who are more concerned with their cell phones and text messaging than their driving, just to name a few, tick me off. Personally I could give a hoot about who eats what at work - as a matter of fact, my coworker just offered me some egg salad!! That has hard boiled eggs in it ao I sure hope I don't tick anyone off!!!
MELLOW OUT...geez!!
Truth

Maitland, FL

#8 Aug 30, 2007
AMEN! on the remembrance decals. This goes double for certain members of society that find it necessary to make and wear t-shirts with photos in remembrance... usually a day or two after the shooting death of their gang member buddy.

“Anger is love disappointed”

Since: Dec 06

Orlando, FL

#9 Aug 30, 2007
LMAO at the comments about hard-boiled eggs! I needed a good laugh this morning!
Sarah 75

Orlando, FL

#10 Aug 30, 2007
Carmen wrote:
Not to mention the smell of the after part of eating a hardboiled egg huh????
You know what is as bad as eggs? People who burn popcorn at work. The smell NEVER GOES AWAY!
Citygirl33z

Casselberry, FL

#11 Aug 30, 2007
Truth wrote:
AMEN! on the remembrance decals. This goes double for certain members of society that find it necessary to make and wear t-shirts with photos in remembrance... usually a day or two after the shooting death of their gang member buddy.
I agree...WHAT is in remembrance of their deceased loved one? Did they buy that specific car in remembrance? Give me a break. "In memory of" indicates you have done something or dedicated something in memory of someone deceased. God help me if I die, if any of my friends are stupid enough to put a "in memory of" sticker on their car with my name on it, I will come back to haunt them.
Citygirl33z

Casselberry, FL

#12 Aug 30, 2007
Sarah 75 wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what is as bad as eggs? People who burn popcorn at work. The smell NEVER GOES AWAY!
I agree. The smell of someone's canned tuna lunch ruins my lunch as well.
Sarah 75

Orlando, FL

#14 Aug 30, 2007
Citygirl33z wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. The smell of someone's canned tuna lunch ruins my lunch as well.
You are so right. There are some foods that should not be brought to work. Popcorn, eggs, fish, onions.
You can add to the list if you want.
Oh, beans. The beans themselves are not bad, but the after effects are not pleasant.
Maria

Orlando, FL

#15 Aug 30, 2007
Seriously wrote:
To the server who objected to her customers drinking water with lemon: After enduring your rude, sloppy, careless and indifferent "service," and eating food that is overpriced, overrated, tasteless and improperly prepared, or re-served in a restaurant that is smelly, dirty, noisy and dismal, I think if I want to drink just water with lemon, I will -- or I'll order a drink and pay for it out of your unearned, undeserved, unappreciated and unnecessary tip. You are just an overpaid servant. You will not tell me what I should do.
Boy, you're a little cranky aren't you? Maybe your server was giving back to you what you gave to them. Sounds like you need to stay at home until you learn how to behave.
You aren right this girl should stay home, and try to educate herself before she leaves her home. Obviously she does this at home and she was never taught proper table manners. Table manners start in the home. This is a big problem in this country our children are not taught proper table manner at home., so when they go out they don't know any better.
Nancy

Montgomery, AL

#16 Aug 30, 2007
Seriously wrote:
Nah - she just OD'd on that first pot of coffee she made this morning. I must admit, though, that the coffee aroma did overcome the smell of my boiled eggs!!! At least for today..........
FastJack

Orlando, FL

#17 Aug 30, 2007
Frankly I'd rather see the decals than the little memorials beside the roadways with their faded, torn flowers, and soggy mementos. It's not as if these things are going to stop anyone from having an accident there...it's bad enough that the roadways are often "killing lanes" but why must we turn them into cemetaries too? If you want to make statement, then leave the wrecked car there..
irony

Lexington, SC

#18 Aug 30, 2007
Sarah 75 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so right. There are some foods that should not be brought to work. Popcorn, eggs, fish, onions.
You can add to the list if you want.
Oh, beans. The beans themselves are not bad, but the after effects are not pleasant.
i love fish, but it is not appropriate to bring leftovers to work and pop it in the micro. especially salmon!

the other thing that drives me nuts... but i don't know why, is that quick little scraping noise i hear when a co-worker's spoon reaches the bottom of their plastic yogurt cup. i know its my problem and wouldn't approach anyone about it - there are bigger issues to be concerned with. i dunno why it bugs me, i just try to breathe deeply and carry on.
Nicole

Orlando, FL

#19 Aug 30, 2007
I submitted the decals one about a month or so ago. Glad to see it finally made the paper. Hopefully this will make some one think twice before buying one. :-)
Nicole

Orlando, FL

#20 Aug 30, 2007
FastJack wrote:
Frankly I'd rather see the decals than the little memorials beside the roadways with their faded, torn flowers, and soggy mementos. It's not as if these things are going to stop anyone from having an accident there...it's bad enough that the roadways are often "killing lanes" but why must we turn them into cemetaries too? If you want to make statement, then leave the wrecked car there..
I agree. I read a Carl Hiaasen book where one of the characters liked to steal all those ornaments from the side of the road.
OrlNative

Orlando, FL

#21 Aug 30, 2007
Nicole - I completely agree w/ your comment about the tacky decals. I'm glad someone finally said it!
Same goes for those stupid decals depicting every family member you have; dad, mom, grandma, 5 kids and dog. Who the f**k cares!? I know I sure as hell don't!
Meg

Washington, DC

#22 Aug 30, 2007
"To those who put those tacky "In loving memory of ..." decals on their cars: Is the car in memory of the deceased? The rear windshield? Or the sticker? And shame on the business(es) that sell them!"

For you to take the time to comment and/or criticize how an individual commemorates a loved one on their own car makes you, in my estimation, long on time and short on brains and heart. You are a very miserable human being, and I hope you learn to "lighten up" before life gives you something to REALLY concern you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 6 min n-dis-grace 487,590
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 8 min Ponderings 96,438
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 17 min Yeah 1,110,179
Orlando shouldn't be part of the US 1 hr Minnie 2
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 1 hr Doug77 17,086
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 46,738
Privilege Waived - Part II . . . Remember Me? 2 hr mdbuilder 94
•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Orlando News, Events & Info