Review: Parking Parking Enforcement N...

Review: Parking Parking Enforcement Network

Posted in the Orlando Forum

Ken

Orlando, FL

#1 Dec 7, 2013
This company is hired to do towing in Pizza Hut parking lot @ Old Town in Kissimmee, FL. I saw these guys try to tow a spanish family's car. The family walked up & saw them hooking up the car. The spanish lady and her husband and child got into the car. The tow truck guy had to call the police. The police told the tow truck guy to unhook the vehicle. Before the police came, there was a guy filming and the tow truck guy told him to stop or else he would break the camera. The tow truck guy told the spanish family to give him $65 now or else it will be $250 when it's towed to the yard. He told the police this family has money BECAUSE they are on vacation and have a rental car. So... this is how Florida treats people. They ask you for your address everywhere you go to spend money. If they don't ask your address, they ask where you are from. The reason is because if you aren't from here or live here, then they plan on ripping you off. By the way... if you are on vacation or driving a rental car, you are made out of money. This does prove one thing, though. Americans don't take their vacations like other countries do. Americans take less time off or use their vacation time less than other countries. Other countries take way more time off and use their vacation time. This proves our mentality by assuming someone has money because they are on vacation and YOU want a piece of it for you & / or your business. What if that person taking a vacation is taking care of a disabled child @ home & needs that money or is taking care of a sick parent. What if healthcare needs arise soon and that money could have been better spent elsewhere?
DonnaLC

Winter Garden, FL

#2 Oct 6, 2014
This is a dirty company with shady practices! They use spotters or prowlers to tow cars for any minor infraction from the private properties they have contracted with. They towed my car in the middle of the night from a spot that was apparently for motorcycles. The spot was not clearly marked, nor was there a sign anywhere. They towed my car about a quarter mile away and called me to try and extort cash from me to release my car before bringing it to their impound garage. They get away with this because people are desperate. The law states that they must take the car immediately to the storage facility and not store it anywhere temporarily. Their practice of taking it to a nearby lot to squeeze money from desperate owners is therefore illegal. Everything else they do is just within the law and they can hold cars ransom in order to increase their profits. Cars can be towed from private property for almost any reason but the laws are meant to protect business from having access blocked. My car parked in badly marked spot did not endanger or block access to anyone. I am disgusted not only with The Parking Enforcement Network but also with companies who contract with them such as Landmark at Stafford Landing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Henry 1,536,116
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 14 hr zazz 98,403
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... Fri Eagle 12 462
News Deltona tops 90,000 residents in latest Census ... Fri Fitus T Bluster 1
News Research: Dropouts flee area schools (Oct '07) May 24 Willieneal123 55
News Live updates: Universal Orlando's Volcano Bay w... May 24 Cheryl Throne 1
News Wal-Mart bolsters area footprint with two new w... May 24 Cheryl Throne 2

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages