A Hillsboro Club stay is an exclusive experience

Full story: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

The first thing one notices behind the gates of the Hillsboro Club is the quiet.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 38 of38
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Thurston Howell III

Lake Worth, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2008

OLD JEW FROM TAMARAC wrote:
I want to be a member too. My wife Sadie and I would fit in fine with these people. We can steal the Sweet and Low from the tables.
They don't have an early bird Sid. Try the Boca Hotel and Club.
Thurston Howell III

Lake Worth, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2008

Reality Emerges wrote:
<quoted text> OMG...so snobbish-sounding...you must be "new money", because "old money" wouldn't stoop to these type of remarks, thank G_****!
He lives in Boca - what do you expect? Not Boca Raton but Boca. Boca Raton used to be a nice place until the Robert Wexlers of the world moved in.
Anonymous

O Fallon, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2008

BRG wrote:
<quoted text>
They happily pay the money to visit a place that doesn't have the likes of most of the people who post comments here. Isn't it amazing how haters never accomplish anything in life?
Finally an intelligent comment on this article!
Ted

Lake Worth, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2008

A lot of Lighhthouse Point comissioners go there? The same ones who have given LHP crappy building codes to build shoddy townhouses with no green area, no setbacks, poor construction? The same dump developments that will ruin property values in Venetian Isles section of LHP?

LHP property values are being harmed because the building code is for a city like Hialeah or Opa Locka. Those town houses are going to become Section 8 (welfare) housing filled with illegals.
Sitting in Horror

O Fallon, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2008

Why has everyone taken an article about a unique place of refuge and turned it into a "snotty hangout"? I think it is nice that there are historical places like this left in FL. The point is, it is a membership, people have choices, and if it is not your cup of tea, why do you care what others do? Shame on you all for the ugly posts!
Reality Emerges

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2008

Sitting in Horror wrote:
Why has everyone taken an article about a unique place of refuge and turned it into a "snotty hangout"? I think it is nice that there are historical places like this left in FL. The point is, it is a membership, people have choices, and if it is not your cup of tea, why do you care what others do? Shame on you all for the ugly posts!
I think what many people are reacting to is that snobbish tone of some of the remarks, such as the first posted one.
politics

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2008

I wonder what the kickback is for the lighthouse comissioner Susie.
How much is her membership and did she report that to the IRS.
Wexler should use this as an address.
Chico

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2008

Just Passing Time wrote:
"We don't judge people by their race, color or whatever," Dodge said.!!!!!!
Try to schedule a Bar/Bat Mitsva there, and you will see that "whatever" doesn't cover everybody!
THANK GOD!!!
Dodge is a scumbag. Him and the rest of the Hillsboro Alliance who pretend to be so elite. They are low class scumbags who think that having a few dollars makes them better than everyone else in Hillsboro Beach. Run a few background checks on all of them - no wait - dont even waste money on that, just go look at the public records online and you will find that a few of them have backgrounds that are less than savoury. Convicted felon whose partner snorts crank and works at HBC, one whose mother is on disability and our hard earned tax dollars are paying her free rent down in a fancy building on Las Olas near the beach (and has warrants for her arrest for DUI). Consider yourself lucky that you didnt have your celebration in there. Dont believe the zero crime rate figures that HB reports, it gets covered up with the rest of the junk. There is more trailer trash in Hillsboro Beach than in those bad neighborhoods off Dixie Highway in Pompano.
Reality Emerges

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2008

Chico wrote:
<quoted text>
Dodge is a ****. Him and the rest of the Hillsboro Alliance who pretend to be so elite. They are low class **** who think that having a few dollars makes them better than everyone else in Hillsboro Beach. Run a few background checks on all of them - no wait - dont even waste money on that, just go look at the public records online and you will find that a few of them have backgrounds that are less than savoury. Convicted felon whose partner snorts crank and works at HBC, one whose mother is on disability and our hard earned tax dollars are paying her free rent down in a fancy building on Las Olas near the beach (and has warrants for her arrest for DUI). Consider yourself lucky that you didnt have your celebration in there. Dont believe the zero crime rate figures that HB reports, it gets covered up with the rest of the junk. There is more trailer trash in Hillsboro Beach than in those bad neighborhoods off Dixie Highway in Pompano.
...Like you would really know...LOL
SunNy

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2008

Chico wrote:
<quoted text>
Dodge is a ****. Him and the rest of the Hillsboro Alliance who pretend to be so elite. They are low class **** who think that having a few dollars makes them better than everyone else in Hillsboro Beach. Run a few background checks on all of them - no wait - dont even waste money on that, just go look at the public records online and you will find that a few of them have backgrounds that are less than savoury. Convicted felon whose partner snorts crank and works at HBC, one whose mother is on disability and our hard earned tax dollars are paying her free rent down in a fancy building on Las Olas near the beach (and has warrants for her arrest for DUI). Consider yourself lucky that you didnt have your celebration in there. Dont believe the zero crime rate figures that HB reports, it gets covered up with the rest of the junk. There is more trailer trash in Hillsboro Beach than in those bad neighborhoods off Dixie Highway in Pompano.

Thank you for being the only one on here who seems to see what the message of this article is really trying to say. Did everyone ignore the part about a 15 year old girl celebrating her 16th birthday there and was sexually assaulted by an outsider who was 40 years old? And dont think it was a one time situation. With all that money you people pay you just assume you are getting the best. Besides not giving proper background checks, more than 1 child sexually assulted there, where is your security? A guard at the gate. And a front desk that closes at night. If only you all werent so blind on how much has been covered up an hidden away from the publicity.
yosie

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2008

you are wright let get away so we don't have to listen
all this negative words

really to tell you the truth I love places like the clubs you are mentioning just to get away from the same conversations.
Beach and Pool Manager

Stuart, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2008

1 subject that should be noted concerning the wonderful full service beach including a myriad of water sports is this. In my 10 summers of year round service to the club I can say there has never been a water-related disaster. This is a true testament of blessing the club possess. The international staff compliments the experience by an exceptional work ethic that is always well received by all.
SAFE
scoobydoux

Edmonds, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2008

I remember the HB , it was always a great place w/a great location ,and a great staff . Sad that &#it happened . Today , I think I'll visit the place tomorrow and have a nice day . I hope all is well for everyone these holidays , see ya around @juno.com. C.L.:-)
scoobydoux

Edmonds, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2008

Bee nice . HBclub was always a great place w/a great location and a great staff . I should like to see the old Club again ,have a happy holiday. C.L. :-)
scoobydoux

Edmonds, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2008

Bee nice . HBclub was always a great place w/a great location and a great staff . I should like to see the old Club again ,have a happy holiday. CL
Penny

Parker, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Have a wedding or event here if you want your guests to have a TERRIBLE time and feel extremely unwelcomed! the staff is rude. the rooms are falling apart,the food sucks if there is any, no room service, you cant even buy a bottled water unless the bar is open which never is. The only thing this place has going for it is the view and you can get that at the marriott! they chase you down if they see a cell phone in your hand, not talking on it not ringing..if it is seen it is unacceptable..you can get alot more bang for your buck anywhere else!
Awful place for any event or vacation stay. Go elsewhere!

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

People spend the $$$ on club memberships because it guarantees that that their beach days will not be destroyed by 19 Hispanics piling out of their 1994 Dodge Voyager and setting up camp next to them on the sand. They are not uppity- they've just had enough of the disgusting food, the constant drone of some foreign language, and the incessant, off key 'music' being played at stadium volumes.
Psychology Today

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Charles R Darwin wrote:
People spend the $$$ on club memberships because it guarantees that that their beach days will not be destroyed by 19 Hispanics piling out of their 1994 Dodge Voyager and setting up camp next to them on the sand. They are not uppity- they've just had enough of the disgusting food, the constant drone of some foreign language, and the incessant, off key 'music' being played at stadium volumes.
Yes, that's why it's 110,000 to join the country club in CW.

If you don't like the sound of foreign language, you better not go to the Malls here. It's an International experience, for sure.

It's a funny thing that Zimmerman was thought to be white because of his father and his last name. Not so fast, Georgie.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 38 of38
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

27 Users are viewing the Orlando Forum right now

Search the Orlando Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 15 min No Surprize 1,034,091
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 17 min zazz 95,829
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 37 min Lon Spector 478,258
One Word (Jul '10) 45 min Ami in Mee-ami 1,743
Alphabet Game (Apr '12) 55 min Ami in Mee-ami 8,931
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr DonPanic 42,987
~~name three things~~ (Feb '13) 1 hr Dasie ZsaZsa 580
•••
•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••