Influential panel recommends depression screening for US teens ...

An influential government-appointed medical panel is urging doctors to routinely screen all American teens for depression - a bold step that acknowledges that nearly 2 million teens are affected by this debilitating condition. Full Story
Eagle

Buffalo Grove, IL

#1 Mar 30, 2009
...and of course, the suggested mode of treatment will be corporate-made designer drugs that do little to actually help, and according to many studies and warnings, these drugs are not just ineffective, but can cause mildly depressed kids to become suicidal.

I wonder how much the drug lobby paid the government to conduct this "study." This is just a charade to get more people to buy their designer drugs that they whip up in labs. Listen to the laundry list of "side-effects," including "death," for that Abilify dope. I guess it's successful to the extent that if you're dead, you're not depressed, and if you get diabetes, well, I guess now you have something else to worry about than whatever was making you depressed. And maybe with the "side-effect" of "impaired judgment," you're so spun out of your mind that you don't know what the heck is going on.

I don't buy this study. It's just another shill for corporate drug dealers to push their designer dope on kids.

The guy trying to get your kids hooked on dope isn't the guy wearing a leather jacket standing around a dark corner; he's wearing a white lab coat and standing in an office.
HumanSpirit

Live Oak, FL

#2 Mar 30, 2009
An "influential government-appointed medical panel"? What a crock of horse dung.

FDA bans vitamin B6 threaten US heathcare contributes to mental depression in ruling

----------

FDA has effectively bans a naturally-occurring form of vitamin B6

The FDA has effectively banned a naturally-occurring form of vitamin B6 called pyridoxamine by declaring it to be a drug, reports the American Association for Health Freedom. Responding to a petition filed by a drug company, the FDA declared pyridoxamine to be "a new drug." This article continues at:

http://www.naturalnews.com/025606.html

----------
Large Scale Study Finds Vitamin B6 Deficiency Common in the U.S.

Implications of Vitamin B6 Deficiency

Neurological Abnormalities including depression and cognitive dysfunction

In its role as a vital coenzyme, B6 is involved in the synthesis of neurotransmitters including serotonin. B6 is required to form serotonin from the amino acid tryptophan. It is also required to synthesize dopamine, norepinephrine and GABA (gamma amino butyric acid). "Early symptoms of vitamin B6 deficiency include depression and confusion" according to Eleanor Noss Whitney and Sharon Rady Rolfes, authors of the text Understanding Nutrition.

Based on the findings of the Tufts study, that B6 deficiency is indeed widespread in the U.S., as is depression, shouldn't plasma B6 (PLP) be assessed in cases of depression and cognitive dysfunction prior to resorting to misused, prescription anti depressant drugs? Is B6 deficiency, along with other nutrient deficiencies like essential fatty acid omega 3, one more link to understanding the underlying causes of depression?

http://www.naturalnews.com/023586.html

----------
Drugs and Suppliment Mayo Clinic

Snip:

Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) is required for the synthesis of the neurotransmitters serotonin and norepinephrine and for myelin formation.
Pyridoxine deficiency in adults principally affects the peripheral nerves, skin, mucous membranes, and the blood cell system. In children, the central nervous system (CNS) is also affected. Deficiency can occur in people with uremia, alcoholism, cirrhosis, hyperthyroidism, malabsorption syndromes, congestive heart failure (CHF), and in those taking certain medications.

snip:

Pyridoxine is frequently used in combination with other B vitamins in vitamin B complex formulations.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/vit.../NS_pa...

----------

Serious health problems will occur as a result of this ruling . It is obvious that this is a continuation of "Drug America" with political objectives (Codex Alimentarius Commission) and the profits of the pharmaceutical an mental health industry.

This (IMO) is an attempt to control Tryptophan (an essential amino acid) for heath and mental stability as B6 is a catalyst for absorption of the amino acid.

read here:

Amino Acid: Corruption of the Amino Acid Tryptophan

http://www.ceri.com/trypto.htm

----------

(Codex Alimentarius Commission. is mandated to set international reference standards and has been making decision behind secretive closed door sessions that will caused forced medicine and drugging based on pharmaceutical input without government oversight thus manipulating of the health and welfare of the public and gaining power and control over world governments.)
mtomany

Lancaster, NY

#3 Mar 30, 2009
The above article is a Press Release from Columbia University's TeenScreen program, written by a PR company who is bought and paid for by TeenScreen.

TeenScreen has a vested interest in depression screening - a procedure that their own studies revealed has a very high false-positive rate (labelling children who are not depressed and saying they are).

My question - if there is really "nearly 2 million teens [...] affected by this debilitating condition", what did we do for the last hundreds of years that this is just now an "epidemic"?

How is it that until the last 10 years this wasn't even recognized as a situation? How did BILLIONS of teens throughout history ever survive without all this screening, diagnosing and treatment"?

And if the statement is true - then what has changed in our lives that makes this an epidemic now? Wouldn't addressing THAT issue bring a resolve?

I highly doubt that all those teens are suffering from a disorder of their brain! Maybe those vested interests are what has changed to bring about this "epidemic".

Do you know that when psychiatrists were surveyed it was found that the "treatment" for 9 out of 10 of the children IS drugging? And that rarely is a child put on just one drug - it is usually two or more. Do you know that according to surveys/studies that a regular pediatrician is MORE likely to prescribe a drug than therapy?

And WHY is big government being allowed to put their noses into my families health? Since when does the government know BETTER than me what is best for my child? Who elected them to be the parent?

And make no mistake about it - the paperwork and forms that you DON'T see have a checkbox that the screener fills out that looks like this:
If the studentís screening indicated a problem;
Did you notify parents? Yes No
Provide a reference? Yes No
Did parents agree to follow up? Yes No
If Yes, did they do so in a timely and appropriate manner? Yes No
If No, did you notify DHS (child services)? Yes No

Our rights as parents are being eroded under the guise of "help". Our tax dollars are paying for this invasion. Our Medicaid's are going broke over the prescribing practices and the costs. Think those statements are alarmist and "right wing" or whatever? Then do the research and see for yourself!

It is not impossible to look at individual state records and find out the costs of these drugs and the amount of money being dumped into screening. It is not hard to see what these escalating costs are doing to state's budgets. It is easy to find the vested interests behind all this mental health and depression screening. All the documented information is on the internet.

WHO BENEFITS? Follow the money!
Mary

Lancaster, NY

#4 Mar 30, 2009
The above article is a Press Release from Columbia University's TeenScreen program, written by a PR company who is bought and paid for by TeenScreen.
TeenScreen has a vested interest in depression screening - a procedure that their own studies revealed has a very high false-positive rate (labelling children who are not depressed and saying they are).
My question - if there is really "nearly 2 million teens [...] affected by this debilitating condition", what did we do for the last hundreds of years that this is just now an "epidemic"?
How is it that until the last 10 years this wasn't even recognized as a situation? How did BILLIONS of teens throughout history ever survive without all this screening, diagnosing and treatment"?
And if the statement is true - then what has changed in our lives that makes this an epidemic now? Wouldn't addressing THAT issue bring a resolve?
I highly doubt that all those teens are suffering from a disorder of their brain! Maybe those vested interests are what has changed to bring about this "epidemic".
Do you know that when psychiatrists were surveyed it was found that the "treatment" for 9 out of 10 of the children IS drugging? And that rarely is a child put on just one drug - it is usually two or more. Do you know that according to surveys/studies that a regular pediatrician is MORE likely to prescribe a drug than therapy?
And WHY is big government being allowed to put their noses into my families health? Since when does the government know BETTER than me what is best for my child? Who elected them to be the parent?
And make no mistake about it - the paperwork and forms that you DON'T see have a checkbox that the screener fills out that looks like this:
If the studentís screening indicated a problem;
Did you notify parents? Yes No
Provide a reference? Yes No
Did parents agree to follow up? Yes No
If Yes, did they do so in a timely and appropriate manner? Yes No
If No, did you notify DHS (child services)? Yes No
Our rights as parents are being eroded under the guise of "help". Our tax dollars are paying for this invasion. Our Medicaid's are going broke over the prescribing practices and the costs. Think those statements are alarmist and "right wing" or whatever? Then do the research and see for yourself!
It is not impossible to look at individual state records and find out the costs of these drugs and the amount of money being dumped into screening. It is not hard to see what these escalating costs are doing to state's budgets. It is easy to find the vested interests behind all this mental health and depression screening. All the documented information is on the internet.
WHO BENEFITS? Follow the money!
Jaylen

Europe

#5 Sep 24, 2013
I have ordered 2 times from this website PILLSMEDSHOP. COM . I called yesterday the customer care and asked for a discount as i was about to order twice the regular amount.
HumanSpirit

High Springs, FL

#7 Jul 8, 2014
Wasn't Teen Screen a product of the Republican (ALEC) Bush Jr presidency.
humanSpirit

Alachua, FL

#8 Jul 12, 2014
No science to psychiatry. No medical model. No evidence based medicine. No test for chemical imbalance of the brain. The Mental Health Industry is plagued with false and made to order diagnoses leading to prescribed mind drugs.

Psychiatry "No Science"

&fe ature=youtube_gdata_player

----------

Psychiatry: An Industry of Death, Introduction

https://www.youtube.com/watch...

Website of the False Memory Syndrome Foundation

http://www.fmsfonline.org

Psychiatry: An Industry of Death, Introduction

https://www.youtube.com/watch...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 4 min Murphey_Law 490,365
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min lmao 1,156,001
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 23 min OzRitz 49,326
Get Paid to Host International Students - Extra... 5 hr orlandohomestay 1
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 6 hr zazz 96,702
Florida clerks won't give gays marriage licenses 21 hr NorCal Native 21
Puerto Rico Sucks (Jun '08) 23 hr US Citizen 1,303
Orlando Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Orlando News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Orlando

Personal Finance