Research slim on goji berry

Research slim on goji berry

There are 37 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Research slim on goji berry. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

The small red berry doesn't look like a powerhouse. Indeed, this dried Chinese berry resembles a weak cousin to the cranberry.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
William

Shreveport, LA

#1 Oct 30, 2007
I was so run-down I began consuming goji berries in October, 2006, and they have changed my life. I started with the raw, fresh berries and after about a month, the Democrats won control of the House and Senate. I switched to the berry juice because goji berries have a lot of fiber and at my age, well, the stories I could tell you about fiber!

Before long, Congress began talking about universal health care, my wife began to look younger and more beautiful and my dog finally got up the nerve to chase the neighbor's cat out of my flower beds.

I just got a raise and a promotion, my mechanic called to tell me my blown engine was actually a $3 fuse and last month our 11-year old son brought home straight A's. I plan to continue my morning juice regimen until the Democrats take the White House and America starts getting back to normal again. Can't wait!
Interested Observer

Bristol, CT

#2 Oct 30, 2007
William - how often do you shoot up with the goji berries?
gogoji

Orlando, FL

#3 Oct 30, 2007
William wrote:
I was so run-down I began consuming goji berries in October, 2006, and they have changed my life. I started with the raw, fresh berries and after about a month, the Democrats won control of the House and Senate. I switched to the berry juice because goji berries have a lot of fiber and at my age, well, the stories I could tell you about fiber!
Before long, Congress began talking about universal health care, my wife began to look younger and more beautiful and my dog finally got up the nerve to chase the neighbor's cat out of my flower beds.
I just got a raise and a promotion, my mechanic called to tell me my blown engine was actually a $3 fuse and last month our 11-year old son brought home straight A's. I plan to continue my morning juice regimen until the Democrats take the White House and America starts getting back to normal again. Can't wait!
Very similar story here.

I started eating Goji Berries when I was in my native Mexico back in 2006.

Right after I started eating them, I crossed the border through the desert barefoot and only GojiBerries for food in one day.

I got a job as a landscaper in Florida, and the owner gave me partnership in the company after I introduced him to the Goji.

I met a wonderful woman while mowing her lawn, and now live in Belle Isle with my new bride.

The inmigration paperwork was inmediately taken care of, and now I am a citizen.

I own now in the land development business, and next week we are buying our first island.

I love the Goji.
HK Jack Holian

Apopka, FL

#4 Oct 30, 2007
Dear Linda,
My wifre, Bootsie and I have been drinking Himalayan Goji juice, manufactured and distributed by FreeLife International Corp, for some time now, we have seen the benifits in a number of ways. We believe if you give your body the "correct foods & nutrition" your body will last a lot longer and in good health. It seems many people take better care of their cars than their bodies...
Good info,
Best,
Jack & Bootsie Holian
Casselberry, FL
Joan and Scott

El Paso, TX

#6 Oct 30, 2007
My husband and I began drinking Himalayan Goji Juice in August of 07. I agree with the last post because nutrition itself is lacking from our food in general. We have experienced incredible results from drinking this great tasting food supplement and recommend it to all of our friends and family!!
Hong Kong Jack

Apopka, FL

#7 Oct 30, 2007
Hola Jose, Goji also gives you a GREAT sence of humor... Glad you found your new wife and better Life!!
gogoji wrote:
<quoted text>
Very similar story here.
I started eating Goji Berries when I was in my native Mexico back in 2006.
Right after I started eating them, I crossed the border through the desert barefoot and only GojiBerries for food in one day.
I got a job as a landscaper in Florida, and the owner gave me partnership in the company after I introduced him to the Goji.
I met a wonderful woman while mowing her lawn, and now live in Belle Isle with my new bride.
The inmigration paperwork was inmediately taken care of, and now I am a citizen.
I own now in the land development business, and next week we are buying our first island.
I love the Goji.
healthgoji

Lilburn, GA

#9 Oct 30, 2007
I find it quite interesting – the article itself mentions numerous positive aspects of the goji berry. Everything from the Chinese using it for thousands of years to a dermatologist using it for facial treatments to advising patients to eat them. It was the Time Magazine Superfruit of the year in 2006. There has been quite a bit of positive press on this Goji Berry. Even the article itself mentions a number of positive things.
The only negative aspects the author tries to portray about goji is “it hasn’t been studied enough by Western Science.” And where she states the “dried Chinese berry resembles a weak cousin to the cranberry.”
She is right to an extent in that drying the berries destroys much of the bio-active polysaccharides, which are what provides the biggest health benefits of the berry. That is why a juice is the preferable way to go with the goji berry.
For more information visit:
[url=http://www.health-goji-ju ice.com/]http://www.health-goj i-juice.com[/url]
Interested Observer

Bristol, CT

#10 Oct 30, 2007
Is there any truth to the rumor that this berry causes impotence?
gogoji

Orlando, FL

#11 Oct 30, 2007
Interested Observer wrote:
Is there any truth to the rumor that this berry causes impotence?
No way! Just ask my smiling new bride.
Suzy Badaracco

Tualatin, OR

#12 Oct 30, 2007
Just because research on a subject is in its infancy does not mean the research is not valid.
Suzy Badaracco Culinary Tides www.culinarytides.com
susan meek

Athens, TN

#13 Oct 30, 2007
It is has been very helpful for me. My migranes have been redused and I have a lot more energy. Goji is a great product.
Robert Meek

Athens, TN

#14 Oct 30, 2007
Several of my neighbors were struggling with fibromyalgia, shaking leg syndrome, and arthritic pain and have received tremandous benefits after taking Himalayan Goji Juice. There are over 80 University Studies supporting the 34+ health benefits. Check out www.pubmed.org , under the Latin name for Goji(Lycium Barbarum). I have gained control of my ADD and have remarkable energy.
Find out more at GojiEnergizer.com .
Lisa Askew

Greenville, SC

#17 Oct 31, 2007
Oh my gosh! I hate people who write a negative article about something but have never tried it themselves. Don't tell the people like me and my family and friends that it doesn't work - they will laugh at you. The proof is in the pudding my friends! My husband had a cholesterol reading of 123 2 weeks ago and he eats JUNK FOOD. The nurses who drew his blood thought for sure he was on cholesterol medication of some kind! We'll stick with Himalayan Goji Juice thank you very much - get smart and order some at www.GojiCycle.com . We are a bunch of unhealthy Americans - nobody in their right mind can deny THAT!
Citizen Cane sez

Chicago, IL

#18 Oct 31, 2007
90% of the previous posts brought to you by goji juice franchisees' who must sell hugh amounts of their product to move up in the pyramid until it collapses.

p.s. most of these people are former noni juice suckers.
Sarah in South Carolina

Miami, FL

#19 Oct 31, 2007
At the risk of casting my pearls before swine:

This message is for Citizen Cane in Chicago:

Apparently being full of hot air goes perfectly with living in the Windy City...
Be careful who you are judging as "noni juice suckers"...I personally have never sucked on noni juice and don't plan to start any time soon. Any time people are moving forward in a new and exciting direction with their lives and their business, creating the life of their dreams by serving others and promoting abundance, there will be naysayers like yourself sitting on their couch sucking down their evening six pack of beer and wondering when they are going to win the lottery.
Some of us have decided to creat the life we deserve, some will join us, some won't....so what! This is America, God Bless us all and Let Freedom and FREELIFE ring.
fullofit

Chicago, IL

#20 Oct 31, 2007
I started drinking / eating gogi a few days ago and since have lost 20 pounds, grown an inch taller, was told I'm better looking and leapt my FIRST tall building in a single bound!
I am close to being faster than a speeding bullet but have doubts I can become stronger than a locomotive.
Lisa

Greenville, SC

#21 Oct 31, 2007
fullofit wrote:
I started drinking / eating gogi a few days ago and since have lost 20 pounds, grown an inch taller, was told I'm better looking and leapt my FIRST tall building in a single bound!
I am close to being faster than a speeding bullet but have doubts I can become stronger than a locomotive.
Wow - what a great testimony! You should post that on GojiHealthStories.com but I don't think they have a section for HALLUCINATING! This happens to people who believe video games are real life. Goji is a temporary solution to a temporary situation. Once we leave this planet we won't need goji anymore! Yippee! Until then drink your Goji EVERY day! You'll be GLAD you did!
fullofit

Chicago, IL

#22 Oct 31, 2007
Sarah in South Carolina wrote:
At the risk of casting my pearls before swine:
This message is for Citizen Cane in Chicago:
Apparently being full of hot air goes perfectly with living in the Windy City...
Be careful who you are judging as "noni juice suckers"...I personally have never sucked on noni juice .
what have you sucked on Sarah?
Art Vandalay

Atlanta, GA

#23 Oct 31, 2007
Robert Meek wrote:
Several of my neighbors were struggling with fibromyalgia, shaking leg syndrome, and arthritic pain and have received tremandous benefits after taking Himalayan Goji Juice. There are over 80 University Studies supporting the 34+ health benefits. Check out www.pubmed.org , under the Latin name for Goji(Lycium Barbarum). I have gained control of my ADD and have remarkable energy.
Find out more at GojiEnergizer.com .
Is that also known as the "Jimmy Legs"?
Interested Observer

Bristol, CT

#24 Nov 1, 2007
fullofit wrote:
WOW!!! Me too; and I just had one glass of the stuff!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min RealDave 1,421,435
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 58 min Boxer 61,109
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 6 hr ImaginaryFriend 73,696
Need advise 9 hr Sarah 1
Chris Powell Editor Journal Inquirer investigat... 20 hr Beachlver 1
loan shark (Dec '11) Tue spotcred 34
News The Methodist Church May Split Over LGBT Issues... Tue Gov Corbutt of th... 3

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages