Well-regarded, 'vibrant' judge dies awaiting surgery

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

It's not every day that a renowned pop-music group thanks a federal judge for his work on the bench.
Comments
1 - 19 of 19 Comments Last updated Aug 27, 2013
Observer

Huntsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2007

May God bless and comfort the survivors of this judge.
JLC

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2007

My heart and prayers goes out to his family and friends.
Drew Skroback NYC

Chesterfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2007

Having been blessed with the opportunity to clerk for Judge Glazebrook for two years, and having continued our friendship ever since, I have been in a stunned sadness since hearing this news yesterday. Jim will always be remembered by those lucky enough to have known him as a dear and caring friend, an eager mentor, a man who stood up for concepts like honor and truth, and a wonderful husband and father. He will be missed and thought of often, and always with fondness.

“PROUD TO BE CHRISTIAN”

Since: Mar 07

Batesville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2007

I agree with all of you. my prayers go to his family and friends as well.
Evelyn Vroom

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2007

He will be greatly missed. My best wishes go out to his family. God Bless
becky

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2007

he was the most wonderful father a girl could ever ask for. I can't even begin to tell you how much he loved and cared for my whole family. I will miss him, but i know he will be next to me in spirit for the rest of my life.
Alina Polak

Fredericksburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2007

I'm shocked. I had several cases in front of him. He was a very good and just person who will be greatly missed. And remember that those who live in the hearts of others.... Never die.
Craig

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2007

James presided over the marriage of my wife and I in Washington, D.C. in 2003. He is an astonishing, humane, wonderful, compassionate person. The Sentinel got it right with the term 'vibrant.' What a glorious guy. He will be missed.
Barbara Ho

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2007

My clerkship with Judge Glazebrook was to end in August. I am more grateful than I can possibly express in words to have had the chance to work for and know Judge Glazebrook. My thoughts are with his lovely family members to whom he was so devoted.
Tyler Grady

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2007

He was one of the finest people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. My heart goes out to all of the Family, especially Daisy, one of my daughter Amanda's dearest friends. Joni, Daisy and Becky, our thoughts are truly with you. We love you. We will all miss your husband and Father so much. Much love, The Grady Family.
Eleanor Johnson

Venice, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2007

He was one of the finest people my family and I have pleasure of knowing. My husband Lloyd and I have been in a state of shocked after getting a phone call early Thursday morning from a family friend. I feel we are one of the luckiest one to have known James personally. He presided over the marriage of my husband and I in Casey Key, Florida in May 4th 2006. He is such a dear friend, compassionate person, great husband to Joni, a wonderful father to Daisy and Becky to whom he was devoted. We will all missed him.
Justine

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2007

Lots of love and prayers to Becky, Daisy and Joni. We're thinking about you and sending our prayers and love.
Sindy Levine

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2007

Daisy, Becky, Joni, my heart, my prayers, my love are with you. I was one of the lucky ones to experience your dad with his family. What a dad! My love to your grandma too!
Kris Whelan Griscom

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2007

Deeply saddened... what a beautiful, warm, gentle, passionsate individual James is.... a true comopassionate role model always moving from the heart. My prayers and blessing to Joni, Becky and Daisy.
Much love, The Whelan - Griscoms
Aaron Abend

Sudbury, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2007

I stumbled upon this news as I was helping prepare for our 30th reunion at Middlebury College where I went to school with Jim. He was a great guy - fun to be around, always smiling. What a terrible loss. My deepest sympathies to his family and everyone who worked with him. We will all miss him.
Ronbo

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2010

Judged:

James G Glazebrook was the scum of the earth.

In early 1994 while AUSA, he framed an innocent man to prison for five years. This individual was twice the target of attempted murder by his fellow inmates, but he survived. When released from custody in 1998 he found his life in ruins, all his property gone and rejected by his family.

So at long last earthly JUSTICE in the case of the "USA v. Barbour" has been served by the Heavenly Power who punishes all who violate the LAW.

Rot In Hell, Glazebrook!
Jody Mann

North Augusta, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2010

I just learned of your loss. I want to give my love and hope to Joni, Becky and Daisy. I am truly sorry. James was a wonderful man. I have the upmost admiration for him. He was a awesome father. I used to watch how good he was with his children. He was sincere, kind and dedicated. He will be missed. Love you Joni, Becky and Daisy!

“Posers Beware Of My P.H.D.”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2013

*flushes the non clogged up toilet*
Lickable

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

That's just going to send water coming over the top. Better get the plunger.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

47 Users are viewing the Orlando Forum right now

Search the Orlando Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Grey Ghost 1,084,060
Teen Challenge Exposed By Action 9 News (Feb '08) 4 min phone room employee 3
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 42 min SpaceBlues 45,905
What life is like for Casey Anthony 2 hr Lon Spector 65
Moving from Dublin to Orlando! 2 hr irish_girl28 1
Casey Anthony maintains baby sitter was not fab... 3 hr Lon Spector 172
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 4 hr Murph 70,408
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 4 hr The Real Missyfit 484,396
•••
•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••