DeLand man killed in motorcycle accident

DeLand man killed in motorcycle accident

There are 49 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from May 26, 2008, titled DeLand man killed in motorcycle accident. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

A 51-year-old DeLand man was killed in a motorcycle wreck Sunday evening, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Under the Bus

United States

#2 May 26, 2008
he had little or no expierence riding his 2008 crotch rocket, is how the story should have started.
tragic ending r.i.p.
Scott

Saint Louis, MO

#4 May 26, 2008
Both of you, under the bus and See ya, are pathetic POS!
Biker

United States

#5 May 26, 2008
Even crotch rocket riders should observe the speed limit - it saves lives, more importantly the others on the roads. Please slow down and ride safe. I enjoy riding my bike and I want to live to do that for a long time!
Splatter

United States

#8 May 26, 2008
here we see another crotch rocket driver that doesnt think laws are anything he needs to be concerned with. His stupididty has put him 6 feet under. RIP Speedro.
Go Figure

Tampa, FL

#9 May 26, 2008
The article says that they do not know why he lost control, just before that it said that he was traveling at a high rate of speed...2+2=?
Amanda

AOL

#10 May 26, 2008
LISTEN HERE YOU JERK I LIVE RIGHT WHERE THAT HAPPENED AND TO SEE A DEAD MAN LAYING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET WAS NOT SOMETHING THAT I SEE EVERYDAY AND TO SEE ABOUT 30 VECHILES WITH HIS FAMILY ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD MOURNING THE LOSS OF THIS MAN WAS NOT KOOL AT ALL YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOUR SELVES FOR WRITTING SUCH COMMENTS ON HERE AND HONESTLY NO ONE ACTUALLY KNOWS WHAT HAPPENED IT IS JUST A SHAME THAT SOMEONE HAS LOST A SON/BROTHER/FATHER/HUSBAND AND I FEEL FOR THE FAMILY I AM VERY SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS AND MAY GOD BE WITH YOU
Fat Albert

Kissimmee, FL

#11 May 27, 2008
Where's murdercycle?
drifter

Eustis, FL

#12 May 27, 2008
SEE YA, UNDER THE BUS and SPLATTER....I must be reading a different article than you cuz NOWHERE does it say a crotch rocket...its says Suzuki Motorcycle....evidently you 3 no NOTHIN about motorcycles....your all probably wanna be, rollex ranger, harley-davidson yuppie puke idiots who think all foreign m/c's are crotch rockets.....guess you never heard of a vulcan, ventura or boulevard. I assume because this individual was 51 yrs. old he was probably riding soemthing like that...and ya....too fast. So go back to dressin the part of a bad boy harley-dude...weekend warrior....you guys are the problem!!!
She_is_Yummy

Long Island City, NY

#13 May 27, 2008
Bottom line....motorcycles (crotch rocket or NOT) and high rate of speed are two deadly combinations. I pray for this man's family, BUT unfortunately he has nobody to blame but himself.
Under the Bus

United States

#14 May 27, 2008
here's the deal there "drifter" everyone knows that when you mix "weekend warrior" and "no respect for the rules of the road" (he was speeding, correct me if i'm wrong) and yes the liberty could have done something to cause him to react and loose control, but in "bike safety 101" they tell you to always ride with a 15 second rule. by the way i ride a Victory motocycle, not a harley.
Got my Goat

United States

#20 May 27, 2008
BOTTOM LINE: if the rider was'nt speeding this may have never happened. Sad that so many posters here pre-judge without the "whole story", try to show some compassion, after all somebody just died.
COOL WHIP

Las Vegas, NV

#22 May 27, 2008
First, this man was a good friend to me and alot of other avid motorcycle riders. He would give you the shirt off his back and to classify him as some wheelie popping,freeway speeder is far from the truth. Some of you posting comments are just plain heartless and instead of firing back at you I'll just pray for you, evidently your parents didn't teach you that if you don't have anything good to say don't say anything. If you knew the man you'd know that speed on the highway was totally out of character. My prayers go out to the family. RIP Clyde.

Reality Racing -Jax, Fl.
New Breed-Palatka, Fl.
Line It Up-Crescent City, Fl.
Lisa Marie

United States

#23 May 27, 2008
Im 7 years old and I am Mr.Taylors friend in the School, he was a good man and a good friend and a good human, he verify all students in volusia pines eat all food in the cafeteria and check all student have a good maners and play with us all the time ,very repectly with all of us. I hope God receive my friend in his arms and kiss his forehead. Im very sad today because the last time we saw Mr.Taylor on thursday in the lunch room he said,see you guys nex Tuesday!! but he didn't probably god need a very special people in his Kingdom and the best person was him ,because he was a special guy! Reast in Peace Mr. Taylor!!! We love you so so so much!!!! Your really good friends in Volusia Pines Elementary.
Elizabeth

Orlando, FL

#24 May 28, 2008
Hi! Lisa Marie, is me your aunt. I want to say to you that I feel so prout of you and that you have a beatifull feelings. I can see in you, the love that God put in your heart. We love you!
Ivette Collazo

United States

#25 May 28, 2008
Hello I very proud of my daugther Lisa Marie Collazo,I can't belive some people write bad thinks about one old man who die in the middle of the street and some persons write a bad comments.Well yesterday I saw my daugther go to the room and start write a letter and after that she said "Mom I need a ballon"and when I asked for why? she said Mr.Taylor need some friends send to him the last bye! because hi wont'die it's a accident and in the school all my friends feel very bad,do i can send a letter? I permit Lisa's write here but no permit my daugther read all coments because some guys can't understod"If you don't have anything god to saydon't say anything" Other family have Hurt in his lives now. So Lisa We love your capacity to love others and be compasive for your Friends.I proud of my daugther.
Accept defeat

Kissimmee, FL

#27 May 28, 2008
Ivette Collazo wrote:
Hello I very proud of my daugther Lisa Marie Collazo,I can't belive some people write bad thinks about one old man who die in the middle of the street and some persons write a bad comments.Well yesterday I saw my daugther go to the room and start write a letter and after that she said "Mom I need a ballon"and when I asked for why? she said Mr.Taylor need some friends send to him the last bye! because hi wont'die it's a accident and in the school all my friends feel very bad,do i can send a letter? I permit Lisa's write here but no permit my daugther read all coments because some guys can't understod"If you don't have anything god to saydon't say anything" Other family have Hurt in his lives now. So Lisa We love your capacity to love others and be compasive for your Friends.I proud of my daugther.
You're a grown woman, speak American! Instead of brainwashing your children with religion, teach them how to speak English. And take some lessons, yourself.
bmw 325

United States

#28 May 28, 2008
the accident was not something to make fun of or criticise! i was there, sure, he was going way to fast "the officer told me somewhere uppwards of 120 mph", but anyone who owns a 2008 suzuki hyabusa 1300 is going to let the throttle go once and a while and see what the bike has got. unfourtanately when taylor came over the hill going 120+ with his other 4 biker buds he was in the line of fire with a jeep liberty, when he came over the hill he was wheeling and lost control when he saw the jeep, the man actually fell off his bike and struck the underneath of the jeep. my dad was the one with the jeep, and he said he was going 55 mph and he said by the time he heard the noise of the bikes, it was to late. mr. talyor's 3 friends bucked and fled the scene not to be found, and one came back for him. the news left out way to many details, i am so very sorry for taylors family and friends, from what i heard about him, he sounded like a very nice and godly man.
Sad Heart

Orlando, FL

#29 May 28, 2008
Accept Defeat, it is very rude of you to say that. Obviously this mom is very proud of her daughter Lisa marie for stating her opinions about Mr. Taylor. Religion isn't brainwash it is what they believe in and you don't have the right to criticize. The youngest son of Mr. Taylor is 17 yeaers old and he is my cousin's best friend and Mr. taylor was the head custodian at my Godmother's school, Volusia Pines Elementary. He and his family are heartbroken and I personally didn't really know him, but just to see the sadness in my cousin and Chris' eyes makes me sad. And to read the comments made by that sweet little girl makes me want to cry. You have no compassion and I will pray for you.
Not A Clue

Orlando, FL

#31 May 28, 2008
Sad Heart wrote:
Accept Defeat, it is very rude of you to say that. Obviously this mom is very proud of her daughter Lisa marie for stating her opinions about Mr. Taylor. Religion isn't brainwash it is what they believe in and you don't have the right to criticize. The youngest son of Mr. Taylor is 17 yeaers old and he is my cousin's best friend and Mr. taylor was the head custodian at my Godmother's school, Volusia Pines Elementary. He and his family are heartbroken and I personally didn't really know him, but just to see the sadness in my cousin and Chris' eyes makes me sad. And to read the comments made by that sweet little girl makes me want to cry. You have no compassion and I will pray for you.
AD is an A-hole...that's obvious by ANY of his comments on ANY topic here. People like this are best left ignored.
Miss Tee

AOL

#32 May 28, 2008
It amazes how you people read a small article with very few details and jump to so many conclusions. It just so happens that I was driving down this very road when this accident happened. What many of you fail to realize is, although the article says he was going at a high speed, it DID NOT say he was speeding. He was not driving erratically or anything of the such. Obviously he had his safety in mind or else he wouldn't have had on a helmet. It was saddening to me, even as a stranger, to see this man's lifeless body laying in the middle of the road. My thoughts, prayers and condolences go out to his family, especially his wife and children.

And Law Officer, you are just ignorant.Maybe the problem wit you is, you've read to many damn comic books. To say that the family should be given citations is ridiculous. They in no way interfered with the officers investigating the crime scene. There is a median separating this road, and they were on the complete opposite side of the road, allowing the officers to properly do their job.

I pray to God that nothing like this ever happens to any of you inane people. Because it would certainly be hard for me to have the sympathy I have for this man and his family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,277,547
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 6 min Bwad 19,095
News 'Mammograms hurt' column draws ire -- OrlandoSe... (Aug '07) 14 min B in the Bronx 189
Word Association 2 (Jul '10) 18 min Princess Hey 22,496
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 24 min Princess Hey 18,268
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr ritedownthemiddle 54,568
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 3 hr ANGHARAD 502,198
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages