The Helpful Hands Foundation

The Helpful Hands Foundation

There are 7 comments on the story from Jan 13, 2009, titled The Helpful Hands Foundation. In it, reports that:

In January 2007, President Bush said in his State of the Economy speech, that: "As we begin this New Year, America's businesses and entrepreneurs are creating new jobs every day. Workers are making more money -- their paychecks are going further. Consumers are confident, investors are optimistic."

Now, as we enter 2009, the American economy is quite a bit different than Bush portrayed two years ago. Home foreclosures, record unemployment and a wavering stock market are slamming the country like an uncontrollable virus. Even many of the non-profit help services are struggling, perhaps because some of those people who were previously able to donate food and money are now in need of help themselves.

David Shannon, regional director of The Helpful Hands Foundation (THHF), said that his organization can provide assistance to those people caught in this crisis. The belief of the foundation is that "instead of handing out money, we hand out financial work opportunity, and those who truly want to change their lives and become financially independent will grasp these work opportunities and better themselves."

The organization "was established to advocate on behalf of homeowners having difficulty managing their mortgages," Shannon said. THHF "provides preventive counseling for individuals and families facing foreclosure proceedings against their personal homes and/or property."

Focusing on education and counseling, the organization works with clients to find solutions to save their home on a one-on-one basis and create a means to emerge from the crisis and maintain a solid financial future. THHF believes that "a financially stable and independent individual or family is vital for a thriving society." In addition to the counseling services, THHF also provides employment assistance for those who have lost their jobs.

The Helpful Hands Foundation is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization and may be contacted at 407-366-3999 or toll-free at 888-649-2265.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at .

Caleb

Brandon, FL

#1 Apr 30, 2009
The Helpful Hands Foundation, Specifically, DAVID SHANNON are crooks. They are looking for a way to scam the government by receiving funds from the government by stating they provide services that they do not actually provide. David Shannon is the "regional director" of a company the doesn't have "regions". He is using "Big Titles" when in fact he has no credible education or training that would make his "company and claims of value to the community."
Michelle

New Orleans, LA

#2 Jul 16, 2009
Caleb is uninformed since THHF is a private non profit Organaization who is able to provide assistance to homeowners through PRIVATE donations. THHF does not receive government funds. Next time you put something out there do your homework. Thhf is helping save homes every day NATIONWIDE. THHF's track record speaks for itself, just ask the homeowner's who still have the ability to call themselves homeOWNERS because THHF a private non profit organization assisted them in preserving homeownership.
Becki Weaver

Clermont, FL

#3 Aug 4, 2009
Caleb, clearly you must be working for a competitor, and you are using LIES to slander THHF for obvious reasons. If you were a real man, you'd put your REAL FULL NAME up there so they could sue you for SLANDER.

THHF is 100% donation-supported, and they receive ZERO -0- government money. They have provided jobs to 300 people across America, and have helped hundreds of people avoid foreclosure. I know because I am one of them, and I joined the foundation as a field counselor and mitigator because I know FIRSTHAND of their GOOD INTENTIONS, HONESTY, and INTEGRITY.
Carol Smith

Oviedo, FL

#4 Oct 27, 2009
This "foundation" is definitely a scam. This is a a wolf dressed in sheep clothing. The owner of the company is currently being investigated. They are charging people money (which they call a "donation") in order to help people with their loan modification. This is illegal. Stay away from this company. Do your research and look for more information about the company. You will find out that they are a scam.
Caleb

Orlando, FL

#5 Mar 28, 2010
I retract my initial statement. I have come to find that The Helpful Hands Foundation is a credible housing counseling organization and specifically, DAVID SHANNON has helped several homeowners keep their homes.
Danny Cove

Pompano Beach, FL

#7 Nov 1, 2010
Helpful Hands foundation is a scam...George Raisler is the president of the company and he is a crook. He has been involved with at least two insurance fraud cases.. They took upfront money that they call donations....to help people with their mods. The save your home program does the same thing for free.
Maria P

Orlando, FL

#8 May 24, 2013
I've have had personal encounter with the founder of this nonprofit, a passionate and rather outspoken human. George Raisler has his heart in a true place, unlike many of us, he is daring to despite of his spite he has chosen to move onward and be the change he wants to see in the world.
Kudos to him and his company. I'm just a bystander so... when anyone is willing to stand in front and take the bs we dish at them KUDOS my friend. Keep up the good spirits.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min John Galt 1,418,768
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 4 hr zazz 98,166
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 hr Curiouser And Cur... 61,038
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 8 hr Wiley_Kyote 73,689
last post wins! (Jul '11) Thu Milee 5,970
News Almost one year since gay marriage ruling, LGBT... Thu Fa-Foxy 198
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) Wed T-REX 513,464

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages