sunny1059.com , 105.9 Orlando

Posted in the Orlando Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
george poutasse

AOL

#2 Jan 23, 2008
this is a really good station it plays a good mix of the 60s-80s i really dont care to hear nirvana or pearl jam or the depressing garbage that goes for rock in 2008 eg linkin park the reason these are classic hits is that they have staying power to last which hole garbage fuel nickelback or matchbox 20 dont have if i want to listen to the old o-rock i can listen to the brighthouse rock station give me classic hits rather than grunge hip hop club music or rap(ugh) i have seen everybody from hendrix to led zeppelin to bon jovi and still rock at 60 you can have your amy winehouse i will take janis joplin anyday why dont you listen to some rolling stones cds you might learn about what real rock is watch school of rock w/jack black
asd

Lake Mary, FL

#3 Jan 26, 2008
I would suggest investing money into some sort of MP3 Playing device..
That'll solve your "problem".
If you're into the NEW ROCK, you might be interested in NEW TECHNOLOGY.
Good Day.
Stacey

Daytona Beach, FL

#4 Jan 30, 2008
Thanks for putting something back on the radio that we can enjoy!!! Can't handle the head banging music for us in our 40's we love the old sounds....thanks for bringing it back!!! And where is the other person listening to oldies, there are none here in the Daytona Beach area....
Carlos

United States

#5 Feb 6, 2008
Absolutely love it!!! We used to have an all oldies music station here in Orlando but another company bought it and changed the music to spanish. Which is fine but I prefer to listen to the oldies, when songs meant something.(and some didn't) Not like todays music which is way out there. Keep the oldies coming!!

Since: Feb 08

Winter Springs

#6 Feb 23, 2008
I am enjoying the music very much!
I am looking forward to the addition of radio personalities to add some 'spice' to the station. I listened to and enjoyed the dj's on BJ105. I would think that Barry Michaels and some of the other guys would sound great there.
Thanks for allowing me to post.
Henry

Orlando, FL

#7 Mar 8, 2008
I was pleasantly surprised to hear 105.9 now plays oldies. I would love it better to be able to hear more of.singers.goups like Neil Diamond,Elvis Presley,Three Dog Night,Boston ,etc.
Thank you ,though for playing oldies but goodies.
Bob Langlitz

AOL

#8 May 8, 2008
Bob Langlitz here....Im 40 something and I love the new 105.9........What happened to the free video games. I need my Astroids and Space Invaders!
DDB

United States

#9 May 16, 2008
O-ROCK 105.9 was on it's way to becoming one of the best all around radio stations Orlando ever had. The perfect mix of music. Not too heavy, or light, included the classic's, etc.
Sunny 105.9 is not worth putting in your "preset" channels, just the occasional scan. They're getting better but I feel like I'm driving an elevator if I listen for more than 5 minutes.
Orlando radio stations on thew whole are really missing the mark. Maybe that's why 104.1 is so popular.
Marli Shaffer

Punta Gorda, FL

#10 Jun 24, 2008
The music is great, but do you have to play the Dentist (Badger) commercial every 20 Minutes (seems like every five). What is it going to take to shut up this annoying guy????
David

Orlando, FL

#11 Jun 26, 2008
It brings back great old memories of the past before rap took over. I listen everyday!!! I used to play bass in a band before I became paralyzed on the left side, This makes me want to try to play my bass again!!! I would like to get a shirt
that I could wear when I go out with my caregiver, so I can show eveyone that you are #1 on my list!!!!!
Madelyn Black

Astor, FL

#12 Jul 20, 2008
Sunny is the best thing that has happened to Central Florida in a long time. Keep up the teriffic sounds from the past.
Florida Tea Party

Port Orange, FL

#13 Jul 20, 2008
Just because it's old doesn't make it good. I'm in my 40's but if I hear Baba O'Rielly one more time I think I'll go postal.

Try something new for a change - not all that is new is depressing or loud or weird. Listen to Radiohead's new album or Kate Nash or The Arctic Monkeys.

Of course Orlando radio has to stay safe for the Camaro and mullet crowd. Don't try anything remotely new.
mdan4

AOL

#14 Nov 18, 2008
What the heck is all the Christmas music????
Alright already it isn't even Thanksgiving yet.
I like Christmas music at Christmas time not now. I will listening to another station and my CDs from now on.
Bob DeJoy

United States

#15 Nov 20, 2008
how about 1 Christmas song in a seven song set and as it gets closer to Dec 25, increasing the frequency of Christmas songs with all Christmas music the week before. its just too soon the weeks before Thanksgiving. A number of work places that had been playing 105.9 have switched to avoid the continual Christmas sounds. I would like to see an online survey to determine the wisdom of total Christmas music.
kelly

Mount Dora, FL

#16 Dec 19, 2008
I love the Christmas you play keep up the good music, and thank you
Scott from Ocoee

AOL

#17 May 30, 2009
hi I'm 46 years old love the music you guys are playing keep up the awsom work on your music you are playing sunny 105.9 is now my favorite radio station sunny 105.9 rocks.. thanks
Classic GTO enthusiast

AOL

#18 Jun 6, 2009
I am sorry to bust this stations bubble, but why is it they play the same circle of songs over and over and over? This station is heavy on the Beatles, Paul McCartney and Wings, Elton John, Rod Stewart, etc. I love old songs as I grew up in the 60's but why do you play the same music over and over and over and never play "real" great hits. I would say that you play very few good songs let along a great song. You definitely give false advertising as far as the "greatest" hits you do not play. It is sad that Orlando does not have one good station. There is a station called Wduv in Tampa and they play great songs and a variety of songs. I never hear a lot of the artists of the 60s. And the recording almost in between each song about how great they are. Not to mention that they cut most of the songs they play off before they are finsished. Now that is annoying. Kearth 101.1 in Los Angeles is a great station that plays great song. 105.9 plays the same stuff WMMO plays and that station is bad also.
Code 3

United States

#19 Aug 25, 2009
Bob Langlitz wrote:
Bob Langlitz here....Im 40 something and I love the new 105.9........What happened to the free video games. I need my Astroids and Space Invaders!
Bob Langlitz is a tard.
Please avoid>
weeza

Saint Cloud, FL

#20 Mar 8, 2010
Madelyn Black wrote:
Sunny is the best thing that has happened to Central Florida in a long time. Keep up the teriffic sounds from the past.
I totally agree wth you...a station for baby boomers.... Love It..
Dee Keith

Port Orange, FL

#21 May 4, 2010
I'm old enough to remember REAL radio,( I saw the Beatles perform in Atlanta in '65), you know, real live DJs who actually chose the records to played and talked about the music and the artists.;)
Mega radio has almost killed the median. I only listen to radio in the mornings as I'm shaving, etc. getting ready for work and having breakfast. When the obnoxious "talk" shows flourished I found the mild mix of stations like 105.9 enjoyable. Personally, I still miss when it was "all about the music", not the DJ's personality. But, that said, I liked 105.9s morning DJ's and the fact that they came off as mature and fun, but respectful. Then Rick Stacey crawled out form under some rock and reappeared. I remember him from a defunct station back over a decade ago. This man has NO business on the radio. He's voice has this annoying nasal "whine" that wears on me, and his personality is that of a 14 yr old. I don't know what the owners of the station are thinking,..."younger, edgier" feel to the show??? Whatever! I'm outta here. Commercial radio has become a wasteland of sameness here in this area of Florida.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min JCPete 1,547,350
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 14 min T-REX 513,185
The Inspirational Millionaire - An Orlando Risi... 49 min Inspirationalmill... 1
Rising star in the Luxury - High End Market 58 min Inspirationalmill... 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 14 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 63,832
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... 20 hr Frankie Rizzo 1,096
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) Wed King George 98,415

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages