Two Apopka teens killed in street-rac...

Two Apopka teens killed in street-racing accident

There are 328 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Aug 7, 2008, titled Two Apopka teens killed in street-racing accident. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Two Apopka teenagers were killed in what appears to be a street racing accident early Thursday, the Orlando Police Department reported.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 17
Next Last
Sammy

Orlando, FL

#1 Aug 7, 2008
Are you kidding me with those names?
JJJ

New York, NY

#2 Aug 7, 2008
well at least the other driver stopped
Ghetto Fabulous

Palm Bay, FL

#4 Aug 7, 2008
Eh, no bystanders were hurt. Why is this news?
Pachacutec

Fort Collins, CO

#6 Aug 7, 2008
If they were racing, it follows that they were probably travelling at a high rate of speed. Hitting a tree while driving so fast that the car split, I rather doubt that seat belts would've done much good.
crazy4staley

Cape Coral, FL

#12 Aug 7, 2008
If they were going to be stupid MORONS, they deserved it. Sorry. Sad but true. If you are gonna live like an idiot, be prepared to die like one. At least they wont be on the road in MY way, killing me and my children.
mike

Orlando, FL

#14 Aug 7, 2008
It's the tree's fault.
NUTZ

Maitland, FL

#15 Aug 7, 2008
what happened here in the middle of the night
Meg

Washington, DC

#16 Aug 7, 2008
2 more sets of parents with broken hearts who have to bury their children. Kids, please PLEASE, it's our biggest fear, the worst nightmare. You don't think it can happen to you. Go sit outside an emergency entrance to ORHS some Saturday night. You'll change your mind.
My Opinion

Shreveport, LA

#17 Aug 7, 2008
This ties into the artical about the white flight from florida in the Sentinel today.
dan

Indianapolis, IN

#18 Aug 7, 2008
to fast to furious made ladies wanna be race car drivers
Lori

Orlando, FL

#19 Aug 7, 2008
By the time you're 18, you ought to know enough to not do this kind of stupid shit. I'm sick and tired of these little turds weaving in and out of traffic, running up behind me with their music blasting, their sewing machine engines pooting along and they're flashing their lights at me because I refuse to drive 40 miles over the speed limit! When will they learn? We've managed to raise a generation of complete morons!
Lori

Orlando, FL

#20 Aug 7, 2008
crazy4staley wrote:
If they were going to be stupid MORONS, they deserved it. Sorry. Sad but true. If you are gonna live like an idiot, be prepared to die like one. At least they wont be on the road in MY way, killing me and my children.
Amen!!! Kill yourselves if you like, but leave the rest of us out of it.
McCain Man

Palm Coast, FL

#21 Aug 7, 2008
Yep...thank you fast and the furious! Oh well, no real loss here!
Orlando Homegrown

Orlando, FL

#23 Aug 7, 2008
If you are going to dance you have to be willing to pay the fiddler! This time the cost was very high!
Tracy

Orlando, FL

#24 Aug 7, 2008
That's sad, their lives were taken so quickly. It has been so many killed over drag racing, I wonder when these kids will wake up.
mike

Orlando, FL

#25 Aug 7, 2008
With a name like Jettsy , you got to drive fast.
later gator

Dallas, TX

#26 Aug 7, 2008
21 for drivers license.
G Money

Orlando, FL

#27 Aug 7, 2008
Probley rushing to Taco Bell before it closed.
UCF TailGator

Winter Park, FL

#28 Aug 7, 2008
Central Florida needs more drag strips, where you can race safely. One on the West side would be nice.
DriveBy Poster

Schaumburg, IL

#29 Aug 7, 2008
Lori wrote:
By the time you're 18, you ought to know enough to not do this kind of stupid ****.
You'd think so, but who do you think the import-auto mags and movies like "Fast and the Furious" are aimed at - 50-year-olds? Kids just learning to drive, just getting their OWN cars, starting to experiment...no surprise to me that they haven't outgrown it. That's precisely the age group I most associate it with.

Overall, I agree with most of the posts here - good riddance, and the Central Florida roads are that much safer for me now. As long as they only kill themselves, I'm not angry or upset. Maybe ONE kid will read this headline and think twice when he goes to soup up his little lowrider Honda with the graphics on the rear window.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 17
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min VetnorsGate 1,417,455
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 6 min really 513,461
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 35 min Serratus Anterior 61,004
News Sources: UCF baseball coach Jay Bergman harasse... (May '08) 2 hr Former Play 213
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 5 hr Milee 73,682
loan shark (Dec '11) 6 hr spotcred 32
Hot girl named Sara 16 hr James 3

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages