todd

Calhoun, GA

#21 Aug 25, 2009
LI_Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand what you're saying BUT the searchers need to contact Tim & NeJame and ask them to put together a blanket of protection that will encompass this entire group.
Instead of each person standing on his/her own, they would be part of an organized group of people with the SAME concerns & the same rights.
And when this immediate crisis passes, hopefully Tim is taking legal steps to insure this type of travesty never affects any FUTURE search efforts he engages in.
IF Baez succeeds in securing the personal info of all TES' searchers and then drags these people into the circus for NO concrete reason, I'd like to see the entire group of searchers band to together & maybe bring some kind of suit against Baez or whatever legal actions would be possible.
It's bad enough the defense is trying to drag Casey's ex 'friends' through the mud in order to get her acquitted of Caylee's murder but this fishing expedition against TES by the defense is beyond sickening.
Cindy & George must be positively GLEEFUL that Baez is upsetting Tim Miller.... I wonder if THEY were the ones who encouraged the defense to harass the searchers?
Thank all of you for your ideas and advice, it was sure needed. I have emiled Tim Miller, as soon as he contacts me back I will let you all know what he says. Again Thank You all for you wisdom.
T-Rex

Hayward, CA

#22 Aug 25, 2009
LI_Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
They WERE out searching....
for donations.
Li-MOM you can rest your case with that answer,
I rate that a 100% fact
ShallRemainNamel ess

United States

#23 Aug 25, 2009
todd wrote:
I was one of the many searchers for Caylee Nov. 8th & 9th..I was in a area that was like a swamp from the rain. How do you feel about Bozo wanting all of our personal information that we filled out for Tim Miller? I think we should have a say in who gets that information, and I sure don't want Bozo having any information.
Todd, you are probably not going to like what I am about to say, so just let me say "thank you" up front, for your search efforts. I do mean that.

However, Tim Miller has gone above and beyond to protect the sanctity of searchers privacy.

He even went as far as "Jose Baez will not see one shred of paper from me".

I do understand your desire for privacy. I don't mean to undermine that in any way.

BUT (and this is the part you won't like) TES/Tim Miller and his acting agents (volunteer searchers) accepted 5k from a unit of Florida gov't ala OCSO.

Florida, has a very OPEN policy, on gov't activities and functions which we have come to know as the "Sunshine Law".

So to that end, Floridians have the right to this information even if there wasn't an indictment or pending murder trial.

Under Florida law, when the Florida gov't conducts business, it's free pickings for the citizens of Florida to dissect how gov't monies are spent.

It's also likely the cost of doing business for the out of state non-profits entering Florida to conduct business.

Complying with the laws in the state in which you provide your services, and all.

I see the desire to balance privacy with the desire to help find missing people, but if law enforcement must provide open disclosure to their finds and/or investigations, why shouldn't you?

I hope you realize that I mean no disrespect to you or other searchers wiith my opinionsm
NSBMom

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#26 Aug 25, 2009
I went on some of the searches and I have a whole lot of problems with what Todd is stating that makes me believe that possibly he didnt search, he just wanted to start a topic. If I am wrong I will apologize.

Cindy and George were at the location I went to first and were there passing out tshirts and water, they were not there trying to stop anyone from searching.

Yes Cindy did say that she didn't want the searches to take place if the searchers were only going to look for a dead Caylee. Cindy believed that Caylee was still alive, why would she want anyone looking for a dead Caylee. I would probably feel the same if it were my granddaughter.

The search that Cindy went wild over was the Padilla search at the Little Econ. The one that he swore he found evidence at, which turned up to be nothing, just like most of Padilla's stunts and comments.

I have ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEM talking to anyone about my search efforts. I have no problem discussing what I saw or didn't see. I have NOTHING TO HIDE and would do it again in a heartbeat if needed. If you agree to help perform a public search for a missing person then you should be able to comprehend that you may need to testify later. There was NOTHING on the information sheet that each searcher filled out that promised your info would be kept private, and they did ask for alot of information. There were even some that they would not allow to search.

A few of us are considering giving up our info because we believe that Tim Miller is making it look like we do have something to hide, or that he has something to hide.

My final thought on this topic is that Baez is NOT bringing people into the public light and exposing their personal information. Those of you that said he is need to realize that its the media that is following people around, shoving camera's and microphones in their faces. People like Nancy Grace, Kathy Belich, and those who are looking for sensationalized media rather than looking for facts. Not talking to them is the best way to stay out of their limelight.

Todd, I am not sure why you are worried about talking to anyone. It makes no sense to me, and I was there.

One thing I would like to know is why Tim Miller pulled out of the search as quickly as he did and without much warning. He came in stating that he was there for the duration. He blamed it on lack of searchers, but he planned his searches during the work week for most people. Weekends had plenty of searchers. He also said that the area where Caylee was found was not searched. I know a searcher who swears that he searched this area with a group seperate from Tim Miller and with Equusearch, he also said that law enforcement searched it with canines.

There is a smelly fish somewhere and I would like to know where it is.

This whole Tim Miller mess bothers me. We have nothing to hide.
ShallRemainNamel ess

United States

#31 Aug 25, 2009
NSBmom, I will say "thank you", to you as well.

I see your point about THIS case and the media sensationalism.

This case had become so engulfed with tabloid style coverage that it's understandable why some would want to stand down.

As you have so poignantly pointed out, searchers SHOULD go in with the expectation that they may have to testify.

If you have nothing to hide, hide nothing.

Thanks again
NSBMom

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#32 Aug 25, 2009
ShallRemainNameless wrote:
NSBmom, I will say "thank you", to you as well.
I see your point about THIS case and the media sensationalism.
This case had become so engulfed with tabloid style coverage that it's understandable why some would want to stand down.
As you have so poignantly pointed out, searchers SHOULD go in with the expectation that they may have to testify.
If you have nothing to hide, hide nothing.
Thanks again
If they want to stand down now, they shouldn't have stood up in the first place.

If one of the searchers would have found Caylee, do they believe that they would not have to testify at a trial. Does Tim Miller think that he should be allowed to go out with a team of searchers in a possible criminal trial in the future and be able to keep everything confidential.

I would certainly hope not.
ShallRemainNamel ess

United States

#33 Aug 25, 2009
NSBMom wrote:
<quoted text>
If they want to stand down now, they shouldn't have stood up in the first place.
If one of the searchers would have found Caylee, do they believe that they would not have to testify at a trial. Does Tim Miller think that he should be allowed to go out with a team of searchers in a possible criminal trial in the future and be able to keep everything confidential.
Ha

Can I get an AMEN?

Integrity, at last.

Don't stand up, if you can't take the stand OR the heat.

I doubt the defense is going to "leak" the names (or private information) of credible searchers.

If this is TRULY about Caylee, may they put their money where the mouth is.

If the actions of today is going to affect "future searches", maybe it's going to affect it for the good.

GO CAYLEE
Nelly

AOL

#34 Aug 26, 2009
LI_Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand what you're saying BUT the searchers need to contact Tim & NeJame and ask them to put together a blanket of protection that will encompass this entire group.
Instead of each person standing on his/her own, they would be part of an organized group of people with the SAME concerns & the same rights.
And when this immediate crisis passes, hopefully Tim is taking legal steps to insure this type of travesty never affects any FUTURE search efforts he engages in.
IF Baez succeeds in securing the personal info of all TES' searchers and then drags these people into the circus for NO concrete reason, I'd like to see the entire group of searchers band to together & maybe bring some kind of suit against Baez or whatever legal actions would be possible.
It's bad enough the defense is trying to drag Casey's ex 'friends' through the mud in order to get her acquitted of Caylee's murder but this fishing expedition against TES by the defense is beyond sickening.
Cindy & George must be positively GLEEFUL that Baez is upsetting Tim Miller.... I wonder if THEY were the ones who encouraged the defense to harass the searchers?
what personal info does TES have of searchers? And I wonder, is there a claim on the application that says they won't hand out this information?
I don't understand why Bozo wants their phone numbers and such other than to dig up dirt like past arrests..but it doesn't matter if all the searchers were on a chain gang, does it? None of them made Caylee leave home with her psycho mother and 'go missing' from that day on.
If the defense wants to know why the people that searched that area came up with nothing, he might as well start with Dominic Casey. He was sent there and given step by step directions and he still couldn't manage to find her!
todd

Calhoun, GA

#35 Aug 26, 2009
NSBMom wrote:
I went on some of the searches and I have a whole lot of problems with what Todd is stating that makes me believe that possibly he didnt search, he just wanted to start a topic. If I am wrong I will apologize.
Cindy and George were at the location I went to first and were there passing out tshirts and water, they were not there trying to stop anyone from searching.
Yes Cindy did say that she didn't want the searches to take place if the searchers were only going to look for a dead Caylee. Cindy believed that Caylee was still alive, why would she want anyone looking for a dead Caylee. I would probably feel the same if it were my granddaughter.
The search that Cindy went wild over was the Padilla search at the Little Econ. The one that he swore he found evidence at, which turned up to be nothing, just like most of Padilla's stunts and comments.
There were even some that they would not allow to search.

My final thought on this topic is that Baez is NOT bringing people into the public light and exposing their personal information. Those of you that said he is need to realize that its the media that is following people around, shoving camera's and microphones in their faces. People like Nancy Grace, Kathy Belich, and those who are looking for sensationalized media rather than looking for facts. Not talking to them is the best way to stay out of their limelight.
Todd, I am not sure why you are worried about talking to anyone. It makes no sense to me, and I was there.
One thing I would like to know is why Tim Miller pulled out of the search as quickly as he did and without much warning. He came in stating that he was there for the duration. He blamed it on lack of searchers, but he planned his searches during the work week for most people. Weekends had plenty of searchers. He also said that the area where Caylee was found was not searched. I know a searcher who swears that he searched this area with a group seperate from Tim Miller and with Equusearch, he also said that law enforcement searched it with canines.
I can prove I was there, I would like for you to prove that Cindy & George was there passing oout water as you say. I have a big problem believing that!
Also why are you so down on Tim Miller? I believe you may be on Casey's side? If you know of a searcher that swears he searched that area then I am sure that person will be in court on Caseys side too. You can give Bozo all the info on yourself you want, I will not! I was there for Caylee not Casey! I refuse to help Casey or her attorney. I will be more than Happy to help the State on Caylees side but not the defence. The defence wants to prove that caylee was put there after Casey was in jail, by this Bozo is going after the searchers for Caylee. Bozo wants to win at any cost.
You say there were plenty of searchers which isnot true! There was less than 1300 people on Nov. 8th, less than that on the 9th.This was suppose to be the biggest search ever with over 5000 people expected to help in the search for Caylee. I believe searchers left early because someone said that Caylee had been found which was not true, another one of the lies that got started so that the searchers would leave.
You go aahead and give Bozo all the info he wants and sit on Caseys side, as for me I will not do it, I will be right there with Tim Miller on Caylees side. It's all about Caylee.
P.S without the media like NG, CNN and Kathi, Casey would have gotten away with killing Caylee.Again please send proff of Cindy & George passing out water. See you on the other side of the court room !
todd

Calhoun, GA

#36 Aug 26, 2009
ShallRemainNameless wrote:
<quoted text> Todd, you are probably not going to like what I am about to say, so just let me say "thank you" up front, for your search efforts. I do mean that.
However, Tim Miller has gone above and beyond to protect the sanctity of searchers privacy.
He even went as far as "Jose Baez will not see one shred of paper from me".
I do understand your desire for privacy. I don't mean to undermine that in any way.
BUT (and this is the part you won't like) TES/Tim Miller and his acting agents (volunteer searchers) accepted 5k from a unit of Florida gov't ala OCSO.
Florida, has a very OPEN policy, on gov't activities and functions which we have come to know as the "Sunshine Law".
So to that end, Floridians have the right to this information even if there wasn't an indictment or pending murder trial.
Under Florida law, when the Florida gov't conducts business, it's free pickings for the citizens of Florida to dissect how gov't monies are spent.
It's also likely the cost of doing business for the out of state non-profits entering Florida to conduct business.
Complying with the laws in the state in which you provide your services, and all.
I see the desire to balance privacy with the desire to help find missing people, but if law enforcement must provide open disclosure to their finds and/or investigations, why shouldn't you?
I hope you realize that I mean no disrespect to you or other searchers wiith my opinionsm
Thank You, I do understand, on my part here it is not about privacy I don't care a hill of beans about that. What I don't want to happen is for Caseys attorney to try and hang the searchers that was there for Caylee. He wants to prove that Casey was in Jail when Caylee was put there and put the blame on someone else.
Our group searched in 2 different areas, one are was very wet from the rain, the other area was a swamp that had a lot of water, marsh and tons of bushes and under bush. Could we have miised something had something been there, yes.. You did not even know where you were going to step next in the swamp because of the growth. There was people from ages 18 to 80 out there searching, some that did not even need to be there because of there health and age,People in wheel chairs giving out water to the searchers as they came in from the search,Bless there Big Hearts.
Danna

Austin, TX

#37 Aug 26, 2009
I for one dont blame Tim Miller at all for pulling out of the search. He is there to help families and when the family doesnt want him there...why should he stay?
todd

Calhoun, GA

#38 Aug 26, 2009
NSBMOM: I will stand up for Caylee and remain standing, I will not stand up for Casey. I will leave that up to you.
Danna

Austin, TX

#39 Aug 26, 2009
It amazes me how many people want to get on here and try to convince everyone to check their common sense at the door........31 DAYS
paddygirl

Mullingar, Ireland

#40 Aug 26, 2009
Why the Anthonys would refuse any help in looking for that beautiful child is beyond me.
Any grandparent would beg and plead for any one to go search, just to find her.
Hiding Caseys stinking car in their garage was the start of their cover up for that slut of a daughter.
Thank you to all who searched for Caylee because her own family sure didnt.
todd

Calhoun, GA

#41 Aug 26, 2009
NSBMom wrote:
<quoted text>
I Was reading all your post on topic ( Mother does not know where Caylee Anthony Defense Att) your post #115420 and lots more. You really support the Anthonys all the way. Maybe you should start your own topic?
Also how is Lee?

“I Can Dream”

Level 1

Since: Feb 09

Sandstone, MN

#42 Aug 26, 2009
todd wrote:
<quoted text>
I Was reading all your post on topic ( Mother does not know where Caylee Anthony Defense Att) your post #115420 and lots more. You really support the Anthonys all the way. Maybe you should start your own topic?
Also how is Lee?
I totally agree with you, todd. I have read her posts also and find them utterly ridiculous. It's sad that good people who just wanted to help find a missing child are now being drug into this mess.

“I Can Dream”

Level 1

Since: Feb 09

Sandstone, MN

#43 Aug 26, 2009
paddygirl wrote:
Why the Anthonys would refuse any help in looking for that beautiful child is beyond me.
Any grandparent would beg and plead for any one to go search, just to find her.
Hiding Caseys stinking car in their garage was the start of their cover up for that slut of a daughter.
Thank you to all who searched for Caylee because her own family sure didnt.
Amen! Who wouldn't want people searching for their missing grandchild? Answer - people who were covering for their daughter because they already knew what happened to Caylee.

“Justice Will Come Little One”

Since: Aug 08

In Front of My Computer

#44 Aug 26, 2009
NSBMom wrote:
I have ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEM talking to anyone about my search efforts. I have no problem discussing what I saw or didn't see. I have NOTHING TO HIDE and would do it again in a heartbeat if needed. If you agree to help perform a public search for a missing person then you should be able to comprehend that you may need to testify later. There was NOTHING on the information sheet that each searcher filled out that promised your info would be kept private, and they did ask for alot of information. There were even some that they would not allow to search.
A few of us are considering giving up our info because we believe that Tim Miller is making it look like we do have something to hide, or that he has something to hide.
the smelly fish is sitting in a jail cell in Orlando.

“Justice Will Come Little One”

Since: Aug 08

In Front of My Computer

#45 Aug 26, 2009
todd wrote:
NSBMOM: I will stand up for Caylee and remain standing, I will not stand up for Casey. I will leave that up to you.
thanks Todd, you will have a lot of people standing up beside you all for Caylee.
paddygirl

Mullingar, Ireland

#46 Aug 26, 2009
Tears for Caylee wrote:
<quoted text>
the smelly fish is sitting in a jail cell in Orlando.
LMAO! Tears! I just spilled my coffee laughing!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fast chat: Freddie Highmore (Feb '08) 32 min Harsh Patil 475
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr OzRitz 53,061
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 1 hr Joy 496,930
last post wins! (Jul '11) 1 hr Wiley_Kyote 5,644
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 1 hr Wiley_Kyote 71,750
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 2 hr Wiley_Kyote 18,123
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr John Galt 1,224,603
More from around the web

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]