Full Fat, Light, Low Fat or Fat Free

Posted in the Orlando Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Wintergirl

Spring, TX

#1 Aug 14, 2013
There are so many dumb topics. What will one more hurt?

Since everyone here claims to be normal weight, how do you keep it there. Smaller portions of full fat, light, low fat or fat free. I don't eat fat free because it's crap food with no nutrition. I accidentally got "Light" for a friend and realized it is not the same as fat-free.
Health is wealth

Allentown, PA

#2 Aug 14, 2013
Most fat-free products should be avoided. The fats in those so called foods are compensated with a high sugar content, trans-fats, high fructose corn syrup and additives I can't even pronounce, yet alone spell. Olive oil, avocados, nuts and seeds are just a few of the good fats we all should have. In moderation of course. Bad carbs like breads, cookies, candy, etc. should be avoided. They are what add extra pounds. Some advise not eating any potatoes because of their starchy carb content. I do eat them occasionally though. Sweet potatoes are very nutritious and better for you then white potatoes. One to 2 glasses of red wine with dinner is perfect for me, lol.
Wintergirl

Spring, TX

#3 Aug 15, 2013
Fat free in processed form equals chemical sh*t storm. I tried eating sweet potatoes but can't stomach them without cream cheese or something to cut the sweet taste. I got tired of avocados. I use EVOO. I don't believe a baked potato with a vegetable is going to do any damage. The secret is moderation.

Avoid fast food restaurants. Avoid restaurants where you can't get anything that isn't fried and only offers fries or other fried food/starch as sides. Chili's is one of the worst. Even their salads are 1,200 and they offer things like chicken crispers with french fries and corn. They offer a small steak at 6 oz. but surround it with a mound of mashed potatoes. About the only thing to eat is the fajitas or a couple of salads that are about 500 calories.

People say just hit the gym, but it takes a lot of gym time to work off certain foods. It's easier to delete them.
Woodlands Waterway

Spring, TX

#4 Aug 16, 2013
Health is wealth wrote:
Most fat-free products should be avoided. The fats in those so called foods are compensated with a high sugar content, trans-fats, high fructose corn syrup and additives I can't even pronounce, yet alone spell. Olive oil, avocados, nuts and seeds are just a few of the good fats we all should have. In moderation of course. Bad carbs like breads, cookies, candy, etc. should be avoided. They are what add extra pounds. Some advise not eating any potatoes because of their starchy carb content. I do eat them occasionally though. Sweet potatoes are very nutritious and better for you then white potatoes. One to 2 glasses of red wine with dinner is perfect for me, lol.
I've tried to help people and few know much about nutrition. Even the dietitians sometimes give lame advice. I have a friend who goes to one and she eats the weirdest foods but has hit a plateau with weight loss. I am not going to live on a diet like that. I will eat great food, lower the portion size, and walk or go to the gym. It sounds like I'm contradicting myself, but what I mean is instead of ordering whole dessert, I will just eat a bite or take it home and eat small portions, not gobble the whole thing down like some do. Savor the flavor.

“Let the farce be with you”

Level 2

Since: Aug 13

Pottsylvania

#5 Aug 16, 2013
What is wrong with you?
Tex Waterway

Spring, TX

#6 Aug 17, 2013
Health is wealth wrote:
I chose to delete white rice instead and only eat it on rare occasions. I don't like sweet potatoes, black-eyed peas, okra, and a lot of Southern foods. I prefer French foods which are cooked with butter and half/half. I prefer picking the items for grocery shopping. My spouse is not as particular as I am. I was taught long ago to buy the best food you can afford. It's expensive to eat out of the produce aisle, especially if you eat organic, but I truly believe it is worth it in terms of health benefits.

Stay off the Little Debbie aisle. I was raised to eat healthy.
School Starts Soon

Spring, TX

#7 Aug 23, 2013
Spooky Mulders wrote:
What is wrong with you?
Could you be more "Pacific" ? I don't like them Atlantic folks with their shoots in the air until Hurricane Season comes. Then it's oh Lord, help me, Jesus.

Kateyez
Level 3

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#8 Aug 23, 2013
high protein, low-carb, sugar-free or no-sugar-added is the way to go... don't worry so much about "fat"... try to eat low-fat if you can but, some fats are good for you... Fats are just naughty children. Keep them in check. But Sugar and White Carbs are the devil and need to be eliminated!! But u also have to be able to "live" it up now and then. So if a bite of a little debbie makes you happy and keeps you from feeling deprived then go ahead. Just dont eat the whole package like Silly does and Spooky does.
Bed Head

Spring, TX

#9 Aug 23, 2013
I don't eat processed snacks like "Little Debbie"...If I am going to have a treat, it would be Blue Bell. They have all variations of ice cream like no sugar added, low-fat, etc. It's a maze. I figure as long as I keep my snack at 100 calories, I can work it off. I can still manage a treadmill, exercise bike, elliptical and swimming. I think the other girls are jealous.

Kateyez
Level 3

Location hidden

#10 Aug 24, 2013
Bed Head wrote:
I don't eat processed snacks like "Little Debbie"...If I am going to have a treat, it would be Blue Bell. They have all variations of ice cream like no sugar added, low-fat, etc. It's a maze. I figure as long as I keep my snack at 100 calories, I can work it off. I can still manage a treadmill, exercise bike, elliptical and swimming. I think the other girls are jealous.
Little Debbies are horrible! Kids love them but for an adult, if you are going to splurge make it worth your while with something that is fabulous and fresh. But my point was that it's okay to live it up on occasion by having a bite or two of birthday cake or an ice cream on a very hot day. Little treats may help keep most people on track with their healthy eating plan.

Breyer's makes a great Cart Smart line of ice cream treats. They are low in actual sugar grams but they have sugar alcohols and those tend to have some side effects with some peeps. But if you can tolerate sugar alcohols they are very tasty and refreshing.

Kateyez
Level 3

Location hidden

#11 Aug 24, 2013
you think they are jealous? I know they are!

Silly's true emotions just jump off the screen at you. She tries to hide them by bashing everyone but I think she eats her feelings at night when she gets off her. Thanks to you, she probably packed on another 20 lbs in the last month or so.

(((dangles cookie in front of silly))))

NUM NUM NUM... COOKIES!!!

Oh my bad, I forgot, Krispy Kremes are her weakness. Hahahaha
Bed Head

Spring, TX

#12 Aug 24, 2013
If she is 57 and eating those recipes she put on here, getting fast food burgers which she said is her weakness, she is not staying on any kind of diet for a diabetic with high cholesterol. A lot of people who work at hospitals eat lousy. It's the nature of shift work. She says she was a CNA. Even that is probably stretching it.

She is able to type fairly fast. My money is on transcription (medical) or file clerk/ward clerk.

She tries to give out medical knowledge and gets it wrong. She tries to get me gone because I know better.

Actually, burgers are her weakness. Krispy Kremes are just convenient. I've never had a Krispy Kreme donut in my life. I have nutritionists in my family and that kind of food didn't enter their homes. I was bone rail skinny as a kid. She has no clue.

Kateyez
Level 3

Location hidden

#13 Aug 24, 2013
Bed Head wrote:
If she is 57 and eating those recipes she put on here, getting fast food burgers which she said is her weakness, she is not staying on any kind of diet for a diabetic with high cholesterol. A lot of people who work at hospitals eat lousy. It's the nature of shift work. She says she was a CNA. Even that is probably stretching it.
She is able to type fairly fast. My money is on transcription (medical) or file clerk/ward clerk.
She tries to give out medical knowledge and gets it wrong. She tries to get me gone because I know better.
Actually, burgers are her weakness. Krispy Kremes are just convenient. I've never had a Krispy Kreme donut in my life. I have nutritionists in my family and that kind of food didn't enter their homes. I was bone rail skinny as a kid. She has no clue.
I don't want to sink to her level and I feel as though I have made some inappropriate comments on these threads about overweight peeps. Honestly, I don't think anyone should be bashing anyone with Medical conditions, including Obesity. Bashing them is not going to help them. And I'd rather help them. What was it that Gandhi said? If you can not help them, then at least do not do them harm. Or something like that?

If Silly expects us to believe she is a respected and profession Nurse, then she better start acting like it. Spewing vile hatred day in day out does not help the image of Nursing. The Nursing Oath instructs nurses to uphold the image of the profession and to hold all human life with regard. Apparently, she believes obese and morbidly obese patients are not worthy of good nursing car. Part of that oath requires the nurse to not discriminate against any patient.

Kateyez
Level 3

Location hidden

#15 Aug 24, 2013
Tired of Silly wrote:
<quoted text>
Spazz, you're not fooling anyone. You're just backing off because I figured out who you are. Wanna guess who helped me? I have nothing whatsoever against fat people. I have a LOT against fat people who lie and pretend they're NOT fat, like the Twatwaffle from Texas. That attention seeking lard-ass should be put on an ice floe with Ron. As for you, Sock-queen.......you've been a skanky single mother from the slums of Sanford, a filthy mouthed ghetto ape male, and now a stinky hillbilly....oh, and spazz? Some of us remember when you were pretending to be Joy Wray's "cuz" from War, WV. I would suggest you seek some psychiatric help, Spazz. Anyone who feels the need to pretend to be so many people is as crazy as Rambler and Murphy. Do your dimwitted pals on your stupid <clink clink> thread know you're a flaming lunatic with mulitple socks????
What have you figured out besides the fact that you have to lift your belly up so your husband can find the wet spot?

I have one ID and one ID only... Kateyez. How many do you have? Hmmm??? Too many to count!

You fail to realize there are many on here who don't like your piss poor attitude.

You talk to your pal spooky and darwin yet? Ask them what they said about you... I dare ya! Or are you too scared to seek the truth?

Kateyez
Level 3

Location hidden

#16 Aug 24, 2013
P.S. I'm not "backing" off anything. But I don't want to bash people with Diabetes or other health conditions... including you.

Does it piss you off that I refuse to be a vulgar vile hate filled bitter old woman like you?
Bed Head

Spring, TX

#17 Aug 24, 2013
And still, your spouse, aka Mr. Poopyhead won't fill you up. Not at the gas station. Not at home. Not on a bus. Not with a goat. Not with a float.
It's no wonder you have time to do all of your extracurricular activities.
The thrill is gone at your home. Is he even still breathing?

I have a feeling your husband died and you are just in denial. If not literally, at least figuratively.

Kateyez
Level 3

Location hidden

#20 Aug 24, 2013
Tired of Silly wrote:
<quoted text>
My dear, I've SEEN your extreme vulgarity in your Bareback persona. The foulest of the foul. Interesting that you and the Texas Twatwaffle have hooked up.....neither of you can decide if you're male or female, old or young..........is there some sort of support group for wack-cases like the two of you??? Even Rambler and Murphy don't flip genders and ages every day.
And since you and that lard-ass pig from Texas are so concerned about my health, let me update you. At one time I had high BS, high BP and high cholesterol. I lost a lot of weight (without being stupid enough to have any sort of bariatric surgery), and all numbers are normal, have been for some time now. Now the two of you can run along, pretend to be whatever you're pretending to be today, and kiss my ass, Spazz. You're nuts and you're stupid.
Wrong again Senile Silly!! I'm not Spaz or whoever this other poster is. I have one ID and one ID only. It just burns you up doesn't it? You have nothing to insult me with because you do not know any personal facts about me. I'm just one of the many posters that dislikes you. Atleast I have the balls to tell you openly that your attitude sucks!!

Kateyez
Level 3

Location hidden

#21 Aug 24, 2013
just out of curiosity, what screen name is it that you believe is me? be specific!

btw... I never told anyone here my age. It is irrelevant.

Kateyez
Level 3

Location hidden

#22 Aug 24, 2013
Tired of Silly wrote:
<quoted text>
My dear, I've SEEN your extreme vulgarity in your Bareback persona. The foulest of the foul. Interesting that you and the Texas Twatwaffle have hooked up.....neither of you can decide if you're male or female, old or young..........is there some sort of support group for wack-cases like the two of you??? Even Rambler and Murphy don't flip genders and ages every day.
And since you and that lard-ass pig from Texas are so concerned about my health, let me update you. At one time I had high BS, high BP and high cholesterol. I lost a lot of weight (without being stupid enough to have any sort of bariatric surgery), and all numbers are normal, have been for some time now. Now the two of you can run along, pretend to be whatever you're pretending to be today, and kiss my ass, Spazz. You're nuts and you're stupid.
I really don't believe that you did lose weight. You just want Texas poster to stop calling you fat, but you still are.
Simply Me

Dallas, TX

#24 Aug 24, 2013
Bed Head wrote:
And still, your spouse, aka Mr. Poopyhead won't fill you up. Not at the gas station. Not at home. Not on a bus. Not with a goat. Not with a float.
It's no wonder you have time to do all of your extracurricular activities.
The thrill is gone at your home. Is he even still breathing?
I have a feeling your husband died and you are just in denial. If not literally, at least figuratively.
So what's your story cookie?

"Figuratively" you seem to deflect from the inner you......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Canuk 1,655,748
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 14 hr fortmyersf 514,722
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 17 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 64,291
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 21 hr LizW 73,876
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... (May '17) Dec 8 Frindly 1,190
Who is better? Orlando Health or Florida Hospi... Dec 8 Citizen One 2
News Sex offenders, predators find room at Friendly ... (Nov '08) Dec 8 Cherry 64

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages