Deaths | Central Florida

Deaths | Central Florida

There are 43 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Feb 19, 2008, titled Deaths | Central Florida. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

BREVARD PAUL R. HANSEN, 94, Rockledge, died Saturday. Brevard Memorial Funeral Home, Cocoa.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
The Neighbors

United States

#1 Feb 19, 2008
ARWEN FIELDS, 30, Orlando, died Friday. Gail & Wynn's Mortuary, Orlando.
This death was preventable. The neighbor (almost 50 years older gentleman) across the street continue to give her an endless supply alcohol which lend to her demise. And even her own father when warned (back in Dec. 2005) did nothing or shown no concern to the point of of saying; "Oh well if she dies she dies, there is nothing I can do about it. So sad , a great injustice.
A Parent

Ocala, FL

#2 Feb 22, 2008
May i make a sugestion.... Go to Alanon.
anti-michael

Pittsburgh, PA

#5 Mar 25, 2008
Real thought of all wrote:
~~~Ding Dong the witch is dead, the witch is dead, the witch is dead, ding dong the wicked witch is dead~~~~
It would figure someone the height of a munchkin would use a "wizzard of Oz" reference
2 Fathers are fools

United States

#6 Apr 5, 2008
Ironic that Arwen's own father was more worried about a missing CD of his Wife's Funeral pictures then his daughter's drinking problem that lead to her death.(and that his daughter was having an intimate relationship with a guy 50 years older across the street, neither mattered to him, what a great father)
Now he can readily have a matching CD no thanks to no thanks to him or the guy across the street.(3001 Nancy St.)
More ironic is the fact that all the children of the guy across the street tried to warn both "Fathers" about her being fed obscene amounts of Beer, and all the children were made out to be the "bad guys"
anti-michael

Pittsburgh, PA

#7 Apr 16, 2008
It is hard to believe how a female who was 5 foot 4 and 105 lbs. was such a threat to nine weak minded individuals.
anti-michael

Pittsburgh, PA

#8 Apr 16, 2008
....even after her death they are on here posting crap about how they are glad she is dead. Classy group of people!!!!
IT IS WHAT IT IS

Greensboro, NC

#9 Apr 18, 2008
When Arwen admitted to several children of the old guy'(behind his back and she was almost 50 yrs younger)across the street "I know what old man like your Dad wants, I worked Titty bars & I managed Titty Bars and watch me work him over for what ever I want!" (ummmm classy)
And she screamed over and over to the children of the old guy "Your mother is Dead and there is nothing you can do to stop me
Yeah that's classy!" and she proceeded to tells lies, plant stories, and turn a A 79 yr old man against his children and she spent every night at his house, not working,(except him over) drinking 20 beers a night he bought her.
And she claimed to own half the house, and complete control of him.(EVIL)
You live by the sword you die by the sword.(er bottle)
What she did is the 2nd oldest profession.
IT IS WHAT IT IS

Greensboro, NC

#10 Apr 18, 2008
One more thing....ironic
that the old guy across the street thruout the years warned and screamed about how those people across the street had frivolous lawsuits,
and were trouble and how being around them they would drag you down and everyone on unemploy and divorced were losers (HIS WORDS).
Yet he decided to take in her full time and including all her friends (agian all of them in their 20's what 's the MO for that ummmmmmmm) and finally she is dead despite the children merciful in trying to remove the BEER from her and warn him to quite suppling her.(and her own father did NOTHING to stop it ...pitiful!!
Now I would who's paying for the funeral, extended hospital saty and the trip to scatter her ashes to the wind
and now both the wondeful Dads act like no big deal. Beautiful.
IT IS WHAT IT IS

Greensboro, NC

#12 Apr 18, 2008
anti-michael wrote:
It is hard to believe how a female who was 5 foot 4 and 105 lbs. was such a threat to nine weak minded individuals.
“One deceit needs many others, and so the whole house is built in the air and must soon come to the ground”
Baltasar Gracian (Spanish Philosopher and Writer, leading Spanish exponent of conceptism, 1601-1658)
anti-michael

Pittsburgh, PA

#13 Apr 21, 2008
Where were the children of the old widower when his wife died? He seemed to have to go outside his family to find some way to express his grief. Maybe if he had a support group around him to begin with this all could have been prevented?
anti-michael

Pittsburgh, PA

#14 Apr 21, 2008
Too many people are trying to blame one individual for everything which I have no doubt she caused problems, but many are guilty of this conflict. Too many people spinning the story to prove their point. Only Arwen and Dick know what the whole story is, and a son he hates in the Tampa area isn't going to change people's minds that knew both arwen and Dick.
Dutty

Pittsburgh, PA

#15 Aug 8, 2008
I miss you so much and think about you everyday. I loved you so much.
Concerned Citizen

Pittsburgh, PA

#16 Sep 5, 2008
No one deserves such hateful slander. She was a human being, with feelings, thoughts and emotions. She may mean nothing to you, but she did mean something to others. Every single person, no matter how much wrong they do in their lives, deserves to be honored for the good they did do, no matter how big or small. Nothing you say can change the minds of the people who LOVED and CARED for Arwen.
Art

Stamford, CT

#17 Sep 30, 2008
Concerned Citizen wrote:
No one deserves such hateful slander. She was a human being, with feelings, thoughts and emotions. She may mean nothing to you, but she did mean something to others. Every single person, no matter how much wrong they do in their lives, deserves to be honored for the good they did do, no matter how big or small. Nothing you say can change the minds of the people who LOVED and CARED for Arwen.
I knew Arwen for almost 20 yrs. I will say this, Arwen was a free spirit. She had trust issues, she was not one to march to any drum, she lived her life. I think everyone that is writing such hateful things about her, wanted to be her. Wanted the free life, wanted the mystery. I know she loved her friends.. Dutty, I heard name often, as well as many others. Arwen you did touch a part of my life, and I am sorry if I did anything to ever hurt you. Your memeories will always be with me, as I hope mine were with you. I am sorry I never got to say goodbye.... for everyone that is hatefull, leave it alone, she is gone... get on with yours.. try living your life just a little bit like hers...you never know.. you might like it....As for the older gentleman across the street.. you know the truth... you know what happend, and will have to live with that....
Dutty

Pittsburgh, PA

#18 Oct 7, 2008
Amen.....Thank you Art. She spoke well of you too. She was a very special part of mine and other's lives.
Art

Stamford, CT

#19 Oct 8, 2008
Dutty wrote:
Amen.....Thank you Art. She spoke well of you too. She was a very special part of mine and other's lives.
I would like to talk with you Dutty, but I dont want to post any contact info on here.. have any ideas how to contact each other>?
possible ex

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#20 Oct 28, 2008
I don't know if this is the same person or not but was Arwen a dive master in the Bahamas? Did she also have some missing teeth?
TyA

United States

#21 Nov 3, 2008
I can speak a bit on this, as I was married to her for a time. She was incredible with my kids. She was definately a "free soul" as stated before. I know of her issues with her father, and her mother had passed on sort of recently. I could not handle the drinking though. I tried to introduce her Dr Bob and Bill W several times. I wish I could have done more, would have done more... There are people that will miss her in the world. She was, while sober, an absolute JOY to be around. And yes, she was a dive master in Bermuda...
possible ex

Windermere, FL

#22 Nov 26, 2008
OMG I cant believe this. I dated her when she lived by the airport with her roommate Adam and worked at the YMCA.

Would someone please email me what happened? [email protected]

Thanks.
Dutty

Pittsburgh, PA

#23 Dec 1, 2008
Art wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like to talk with you Dutty, but I dont want to post any contact info on here **** have any ideas how to contact each other>?
If you could contact Miranda she would be able to get your contact info and give it to me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Basic Construction Rudy Frazier 2 min Bill 1
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 27 min Grey Ghost 1,656,997
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 6 hr fortmyersf 514,732
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 11 hr Dudley 64,306
News Palins look to land and sea to build wealth; es... (Oct '08) 13 hr Italo 6
Happy Cats Purr! 14 hr Kitty 3
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... (May '17) 14 hr Frindly 1,191

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages