Fear of rival gangs detours motorcycl...

Fear of rival gangs detours motorcycle festival

There are 273 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from May 4, 2008, titled Fear of rival gangs detours motorcycle festival. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Thousands of motorcycle riders roared into Grayslake on Sunday for a huge rally and festival at the Lake County Fairgrounds, only to find their party had been brought to a screeching halt by officials worried ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

lowkey

Waconia, MN

#292 Oct 2, 2009
i am a biker i do drink booze bang chics and beat people up but i did that before i was a biker!! hey jim i just got outta jail and you seem like you want a ass poundin you got a clean mouth boy?? hahaha
Jack

North Chicago, IL

#293 Oct 3, 2009
LOL it's hilarious that the bloated middle aged yuppies who NOW ride Harleys can be construed with anything remotely dangerous LOL , these are the same slobs you see holding down union safe and easy jobs , These so called gangs are nothing but donut fed whoosies lol
dsWI

Minneapolis, MN

#294 Oct 12, 2009
Oh poor Jim, how much you wanna bet his ol lady left his sorry ass for a biker!
Doesnt Matter

Delavan, WI

#295 Dec 8, 2009
Hey Jim....you seem to have BIG BALZ sitting behind a fu$#ing computer!!!! I know you don't get vocal around bikers like you are in this message because you wouldn't be able to type what you did in May of '08 motherf%$$er!!!!! May you rot in HELL!!
Sharp Shooter wrote:
<quoted text>
You sir are an sad example of everything wrong in our society. Intolerant, ignorant, and jealous of another's lifestyle. You'd get your a-s-s kicked at a rally.
doesnt matter is gay

Kingston, PA

#296 Dec 8, 2009
Doesnt Matter wrote:
Hey Jim....you seem to have BIG BALZ sitting behind a fu$#ing computer!!!! I know you don't get vocal around bikers like you are in this message because you wouldn't be able to type what you did in May of '08 motherf%$$er!!!!! May you rot in HELL!!
<quoted text>
got your panties all wet, huh?
wanna bs wanted

Lisle, IL

#297 Dec 9, 2009
On sale now: For only $25000 you can purchase your own bad-ass image from your local Harley store. That's right..you too can ride and pretend to be your favorite outlaw. Wanna make sure everyone knows your riding a harley...don't forget the Harley Chaps,Harley Bandana,Harley Shirt,Harley boots, and Harley jacket. Everyone will think that you are an outlaw when you ride 2 miles to the neerest bar, have a beer, look at your chrome and talk about your dream ride to sturges. Then leave that bar, and go to another bar 2 miles furthur down the road. Uh Oh..you got some dirt on your bike...better go back home and polish the crap out of it and put it in storage for next year.
1percenter_4ever

New York, NY

#298 Dec 10, 2009
Big Body Rocka wrote:
To all of you who are posting negative statement about Hell's Lovers or any other club means that you fear the unknown.
also I would like for you to read the following article
It's riding season again!! Finally!! Watch out for my friend, the Bikers, please!!
BIKER
I saw you, hug your purse closer to you in the grocery store line.
But, you didn't see me, put an extra $10.00 in the collection outside the store as I walked in.
I saw you; pull your child closer when we passed each other on the sidewalk.
But, you didn't see me, playing Santa at the local mall.
I saw you, change your mind about going into the restaurant.
But, you didn't see me, attending a meeting to raise more money for the Hurricane relief.
I saw you , roll up your window and shake your head when I rode by.
But, you didn't see me, riding behind you when you flicked your cigarette butt out the car window.
I saw you, frown at me when I smiled at your children.
But, you didn't see me, when I took time off from work to run toys to the Homeless.
I saw you, stare at my long hair.
But, you didn't see me, and my friends cut ten inches off for Locks of Love.
I saw you, roll your eyes at our leather jackets and gloves.
But, you didn't see me, and my brothers donate our old ones to those that had none.
I saw you, look in fright at my tattoos.
But, you didn't see me, cry as my children were born and have their name written over and in my heart.
I saw you, change lanes while rushing off to go somewhere.
But, you didn't see me, going home to be with my family.
I saw you, complain about how loud and noisy our bikes can be.
But, you didn't see me, when you were changing the CD and drifted into my lane.
I saw you, yelling at your kids in the car.
But, you didn't see me, pat my child's hands, knowing he was safe behind me.
I saw you, reading the newspaper or map as you drove down the road.
But, you didn't see me, squeeze my wife's leg when she told me to take the next turn.
I saw you, race down the road in the rain.
But, you didn't see me, get soaked to the skin so my son could have the car to go on his date.
I saw you, run the yellow light just to save a few minutes of time.
But, you didn't see me, trying to turn right.
I saw you, cut me off because you needed to be in the lane I was in.
But, you didn't see me, leave the road.
I saw you, waiting impatiently for my friends to pass.
But, you didn't see me I wasn't there.
I saw you, go home to your family.
But, you didn't see me.
Because, I died that day you cut me off.
I was just a biker. A person with friends and a family.
But, you didn't see me.
whats your point?
El Lobo Solo

Dundalk, MD

#299 Dec 10, 2009
I've ridden alone, Harley righteous, for over 40 years. MC "Gangs" are for dickless wonders who need back-up. MC "Clubs" are for those weekenders who want to get together with friends and have a good time riding. Then there are those like me who ride alone as a way of life. Doesn't take much to figure out which one of the three is always in the news. The weekenders are okay. I salute the lone wolves. I'll stomp the life out of a dickless wonder and use him to wipe my ass after a case of the roadhouse shits. Don't let the dickless wonders define your opinion of bikers. Live to ride, ride to live.
CHOP

Wichita, KS

#300 Dec 28, 2009
Lame Lovers wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a Hells Lovers. They are a bunch of wimps who who ride really cheap lame bikes with no kool what-so-ever. Do not confuse them with the real deal. They are the joke of the bike world. That is for those who have even heard of them.
You would never say that in our faces. Punks are real tuff behind their computer screen.
El Lobo Solo

Dundalk, MD

#301 Dec 28, 2009
CHOP wrote:
<quoted text>
You would never say that in our faces. Punks are real tuff behind their computer screen.
And there are a lot of punks who are real tough behind their wall of punk-ass "BROS" too. Don't be a dickless wonder.
Just Sayin

Mount Prospect, IL

#302 Dec 29, 2009
El Lobo Solo wrote:
I've ridden alone, Harley righteous, for over 40 years. MC "Gangs" are for dickless wonders who need back-up. MC "Clubs" are for those weekenders who want to get together with friends and have a good time riding. Then there are those like me who ride alone as a way of life. Doesn't take much to figure out which one of the three is always in the news. The weekenders are okay. I salute the lone wolves. I'll stomp the life out of a dickless wonder and use him to wipe my ass after a case of the roadhouse shits. Don't let the dickless wonders define your opinion of bikers. Live to ride, ride to live.
Don't hold back, Lobo. LOL
Toni

Nashville, TN

#304 Apr 20, 2010
Ms. T.N.T.(Toni)
Look Twice---Save a Life... Motorcycles are Everywhere!!!
www.maft.us TN Dept. of Safety
STOP Hating you non bikers and get like those of us who ride on them two wheels.
invert

Green Bay, WI

#305 Sep 16, 2010
ADIOS wrote:
<quoted text>
No typo there my friend. They are a small band of laughable wanna-be's. A joke of an MC. Small group of losers who pose know threat to people or small animals. Among law enforcement they are LAUGHED AT!!! Grayslake has a wimp for a Mayor. The Outlaws are a fixture at all motorcycle events and keep to themselves. Ridiculous profiling of motorcycle fans.
the hells lovers arent wannabees. say that to their face and see what happens. i happen to know one of the top people in the usa from hells lovers and he is no joke. if you wouldnt mess with the hells angels you def. wouldnt mess with hells lovers!
Mystery Man

Naperville, IL

#306 Sep 17, 2010
Why does this lame thread keep popping up ?
Its two years now give it a rest.
No one cares about bikers except themselves.
Besides this thread was about the Lake County Faire of 2008.
When was the last post that actually mentioned that fact ?
Good thing winters coming nothing like a foot of snow to keep bikers off the road.
Tamburello

Fox Lake, IL

#307 Sep 18, 2010
Mystery Man wrote:
Besides this thread was about the Lake County Faire of 2008.
From another thread; http://www.topix.com/forum/city/crystal-lake-... Post #25
Mystery Man wrote:
Its a public forum. People are suppose to post.
I just couldn't help pointing it out to you that when I mentioned something about hi-jacking threads, regardless of age, It didn't matter. Something about how rude it was to hi-jack a thread, Remember? Sure you do, It was just yesterday.

Glad to see your not contradicting yourself.
betty

Albemarle, NC

#308 Sep 18, 2010
What's worse than a real biker is these yuppie wanna be bikers!!!!!!!!!!
Mystery Man

Lombard, IL

#309 Sep 18, 2010
betty wrote:
What's worse than a real biker is these yuppie wanna be bikers!!!!!!!!!!
How do you tell them apart ?
On the road they all alike to me.
wrong way

Fennville, MI

#310 Mar 18, 2011
I want to say something to the punks who want to put down bikers. Mainly the MC I'm a long haul trucker and am hoping to be in a 1% MC club maybe even an outlaw there all right in my book,nobody likes us truckers eather but I want to tell that punk or punks something.we have family that are bikers and a lot of us already are members as well rember this you go around trying to run down a biker he may drive a truck 18wheeler and just might play pay back and run you down with a very heavy big rig!!! so watch yourself because a big rig is 80,000lbs and some even a lot more and if a big rig gets your punk ass theyll be scraping up your remains and burying them in a sack because tbetes nothing left so if your smart hold your toung and live and let live! unless you just have a deth wish
Huh

Round Lake, IL

#311 Mar 18, 2011
wrong way wrote:
I want to say something to the punks who want to put down bikers. Mainly the MC I'm a long haul trucker and am hoping to be in a 1% MC club maybe even an outlaw there all right in my book,nobody likes us truckers eather but I want to tell that punk or punks something.we have family that are bikers and a lot of us already are members as well rember this you go around trying to run down a biker he may drive a truck 18wheeler and just might play pay back and run you down with a very heavy big rig!!! so watch yourself because a big rig is 80,000lbs and some even a lot more and if a big rig gets your punk ass theyll be scraping up your remains and burying them in a sack because tbetes nothing left so if your smart hold your toung and live and let live! unless you just have a deth wish
What?

Didn't this thread start/end in 2008?
clueless

Grayslake, IL

#312 Mar 18, 2011
I didn't even know we had motorcycle gangs up this way. Is there one, two, ten gangs. What towns are they in? What do they call themselves? Where do they go?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,278,844
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 34 min ANGHARAD 19,204
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 57 min Into The Night 54,624
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 1 hr ANGHARAD 502,260
Change one letter game (Sep '11) 5 hr Princess Hey 2,863
3 word game (Jan '11) 5 hr Princess Hey 13,668
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 5 hr Princess Hey 18,286
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages