|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2011

Judged:

Dumb Lawyer wrote:
I can't believe her lawyer made the statement that he could go home and tell his daughter that he "saved a life today." He needs to go home and tell her that he let "a murderer walk the streets today." Im sure if it was his daughter being murdered he would have not said something so underminded.
I totaly agree, this just shows to me what kind of a person Bozo really is!
Really

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2011

Judged:

dakoda wrote:
<quoted text>
I totaly agree, this just shows to me what kind of a person Bozo really is!
Really? Number one Jose was doing his job! If he had defended someone you liked then your opinion here would most likely differ! His social skills were superb compared to the proscecutor in the case...his lacked a great deal! Emotions played a part in the case..no doubt about that!
Pandoraah

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2011

Judged:

justic served wrote:
To the jury of Casey Anthony job well done!
The jury in the Casey case was either paid off or deaf, dumb, and blind (and very naive and stupid).. I suspect paid off!

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2011

No, the prosecution did not have enough evidence to prove beyond reasonable doubt. Would you rather live in a country where justice is meted out by mob rule?

Level 1

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2011

If they had convicted her it would have been a very sad day for american justice. The state DID NOT prove their case and if the Jury had convicted her it would have been from media coverage and not thru the court of law!
We have a justice system in place and this is the VERY REASON WHY!

Level 1

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2011

Judged:

Just want to add on a side note.... I see Nancy Grace replaying the defense celebrating and putting them down. If the state had won and the tables turned she would have been wanting to join the party! She os all people should know the justice system and be glad it did work!
Pandoraah

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2011

Charles R Darwin wrote:
No, the prosecution did not have enough evidence to prove beyond reasonable doubt. Would you rather live in a country where justice is meted out by mob rule?
If I was the last one seen with my child, then she disappears for 31 days, there would be no reasonable doubt that I got rid of her somewhere. Get a clue about the real world!!!
Pandoraah

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2011

Kjizzle18 wrote:
Just want to add on a side note.... I see Nancy Grace replaying the defense celebrating and putting them down. If the state had won and the tables turned she would have been wanting to join the party! She os all people should know the justice system and be glad it did work!
You dense Moron! IT DIDN'T WORK! IT DIDN'T WORK! SHE GOT AWAY WITH IT! Why do you think the sheisters were celebrating the victory. They knew she did it. WAKE UP!
Pandoraah

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2011

Really wrote:
<quoted text>Really? Number one Jose was doing his job! If he had defended someone you liked then your opinion here would most likely differ! His social skills were superb compared to the proscecutor in the case...his lacked a great deal! Emotions played a part in the case..no doubt about that!
One can only hope people who make their judgements based on the personality, etc. of the defendant never get on a jury. Some criminals are very likeable. That's how some get away with crime for so long. Let's remember Casey was also a THIEF as well as a murderer. But she was good at putting on makeup and tight clothes.

Level 9

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2011

Pandoraah wrote:
<quoted text>
If I was the last one seen with my child, then she disappears for 31 days, there would be no reasonable doubt that I got rid of her somewhere. Get a clue about the real world!!!
This IS the real world. No motive, no premeditation proven, no knowledge of how or exactly when she died. Every crime that Casey committed THAT COULD BE PROVEN BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT is her lying to the authorities. Period. The jury made the right decision. Based on FACTS, not emotion. Remember the 'fair and impartial' part about jury selection? Apparently you don't- and that, madame, is the REAL WORLD.
billa zooda pop

Greeley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2011

Charles R Darwin wrote:
This is a common logical fallacy known as "false alternatives". You present only two of many possible scenarios of justice we could have in this country. One is a jury of under-educated incompetents, as in this trial and the OJ trial. The other is mob rule. Naturally, nobody is in favor of mob rule - that's the opposite of justice. However, the other alternative, a jury who is unable to resist clever tactics of unscrupulous, high-priced lawyers, is not desirable either.

What I'd like is a jury selection process that raises the level of competence on juries. We're starting to see a two-tier justice system in this country. One is for celebrities & rich people, while the other is for the poor and middle class.

Ironically, it was the so-called "mob rule" (by which I assume you mean the tabloid media, etc) which enabled the murderess to go free. She obviously had no money and could not afford "rich people" justice. However, the notoriety of her crime, which was increased by media attention, earned her the free services of the same kind of team rich people can afford. Yet the level jury we got was that you see in trials of the poor or middle class: well-meaning but lacking in education, lacking intelligence and grossly incompetent.

Most trials, even murder, are decided by circumstancial evidence. Even the ordinary, run-of-the-mill killer is smart enough not to do the crime on video tape, in broad day light, in front of witnesses or without basic precautions like rubber gloves (usually). What they do forget are the many small improbable occurances that point towards them and them alone. This was the case in this trial. It's obvious this jury did not understand this concept. Nor did they understand the concept of reasonable doubt. Reasonable doubt does NOT mean beyond all possible doubt. To believe all the circumstancial evidence pointing towards CA alone was mere coincidence is illogical. However, the clever defense team, using their jury selection consultants, looked for people lacking common sense. They needed people who were susceptible to their manipulations - and they succeeded.

The public knows this is a travesty of justice and that a killer was probably let go. Had we been able to select a jury as intelligent and educated as the defense team, this would not have happened. I don't blame the jury - I blame the system of two-tier justice that allows certain people (lucky and/or rich) to buy their way out of the most vile forms of criminal behavior.

Of course, CA is a moron in addition to being a sociopath. She'll eventually get caught trying something else. As with OJ, she probably sees herself as untouchable now because she was able to "beat the system". Good! Let her think that. That'll make her careless the next time.
billa zooda pop

Greeley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2011

Charles R Darwin wrote:
<quoted text>
This IS the real world. No motive, no premeditation proven, no knowledge of how or exactly when she died. Every crime that Casey committed THAT COULD BE PROVEN BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT is her lying to the authorities. Period. The jury made the right decision. Based on FACTS, not emotion. Remember the 'fair and impartial' part about jury selection? Apparently you don't- and that, madame, is the REAL WORLD.
You mean well, but you simply do not know what you're talking about. You're the kind of juror the rich & famous (or infamous) are looking for with their fancy jury selection teams: good intentions, lots of empathy, but with little education, no understanding of the justice system and no common sense.
casey

Granite City, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2011

Judged:

the jurors/lawyers let a perverted twisted and murderous family walk free. can't wait until they meet their maker!
JDE

Titusville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2011

Judged:

The jury let a murder walk. I don't think that's a good job. They were either to lazy or stupid to understand jury instructions.
mimi 57

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2011

dots wrote:
I am happy to see that the justice system works as it should. No one should be sent to prison or to their death based upon questionable "science" and guesses. After years of the Talking Heads misleading the public, it became crystal clear during the trial that there was not a scintilla of evidence offered to prove that Ms. Anthony killed her daughter. Kudos to Mr. Baez and to this jury. Ms. Anthony has paid a huge price for stealing checks and lying. It is time to release her from jail. The state failed to carry its burden of proof and Justice was served.
Maybe you'd like to hire her for a babysitter? I wouldn't trust her w/ a snake!!!Just proves that
defense lawyers who shmooze & lie like Casey, can fool people w/ IQ's
of 50...sad day for our legal system,sad day for missing & dead children who've also been killed by mommy,you just may be a good juror,providing it's not your child who was the victim! Psychopaths have no consience,seems we're heading down that path.So sad for Caylee & sad for the all of her other victims.Lawsuits are coming,she'll be back in jail,her & O. J.,that's where criminals belong & given the same "mercy" they doled out!
mimi 57

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2011

Pandoraah wrote:
<quoted text>
You dense Moron! IT DIDN'T WORK! IT DIDN'T WORK! SHE GOT AWAY WITH IT! Why do you think the sheisters were celebrating the victory. They knew she did it. WAKE UP!

Charles Darwin was an athiest & an idiot,we studied him in school.Did he make a tree,an ocean,elephant,or human being,I guess that would be a "NO",talk about "junk" science! i OPEN the book & it SAYS: in the beginning God created...& THAT'MY BELIEF & God WILL BE THE FINAL JUDGE OF CASEY Anthony,even the name sickens me.She's a disqusting ,EVIL being!!!

Level 9

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2011

Judged:

billa zooda pop wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean well, but you simply do not know what you're talking about. You're the kind of juror the rich & famous (or infamous) are looking for with their fancy jury selection teams: good intentions, lots of empathy, but with little education, no understanding of the justice system and no common sense.
On the contrary, I do not care who's being tried, their socio-economic status, or even the crime. I care about facts. There was a preponderance of circumstantial evidence, but not enough concrete evidence. I would have arrived at the same verdict had I been a juror. If there had been one tiny thing, one absolutely irrefutable piece, it would have tipped me otherwise. The jury got it right, and that's why so many folks are angry. They 'convicted' her on emotion and nothing else. I'm proud that the jury was able to be impartial enough to understand 'reasonable doubt'.

Level 9

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2011

Judged:

mimi 57 wrote:
<quoted text>
Charles Darwin was an athiest & an idiot,we studied him in school.Did he make a tree,an ocean,elephant,or human being,I guess that would be a "NO",talk about "junk" science! i OPEN the book & it SAYS: in the beginning God created...& THAT'MY BELIEF & God WILL BE THE FINAL JUDGE OF CASEY Anthony,even the name sickens me.She's a disqusting ,EVIL being!!!
Do you know what bothers me about you? You are obviously a Christian, as am I, but your posts are so hateful and vitriolic. Maybe this verdict is a test on everyone, to see if we would react with hatred or forgiveness. It is not my place to judge Casey, nor is it my job to speculate on her afterlife.

And on the 'Darwin' thing: Charles Darwin discovered one of God's greatest miracles: That in His great creation, He built into His creatures the ability to grow, adapt, and flourish in an ever-changing, dynamic environment known as earth.
billa zooda pop

Greeley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2011

Charles R Darwin wrote:
<quoted text>
On the contrary, I do not care who's being tried, their socio-economic status, or even the crime. I care about facts. There was a preponderance of circumstantial evidence, but not enough concrete evidence. I would have arrived at the same verdict had I been a juror. If there had been one tiny thing, one absolutely irrefutable piece, it would have tipped me otherwise. The jury got it right, and that's why so many folks are angry. They 'convicted' her on emotion and nothing else. I'm proud that the jury was able to be impartial enough to understand 'reasonable doubt'.
No, you are letting her off the hook based solely on YOUR emotions. As I said, you're the perfect juror: empathy, yes, common sense, no.

You watch too much CSI on TV. CSI is not reality, rather it's entertainment and fantasy. Most convictions, even for murder, are due to circumstancial evidence. "Circumstancial" does NOT mean invalid. There was more than enough circumstancial evidence to convict, at least of manslaughter. You'd have to lean over backwards to believe that all those amazing coincidences happened to Casey Anthony during the time her daughter was decomposing in the swamp. But since you lack basic reasoning abilities you can't see that. You keep expecting an "irrefutable" piece of evidence. Not only is that rather rare, it's also not a requirement, either by the law nor by people with normal reasoning ability. There's absolutely NO legal requirement for "irrefutable" evidence, not even in a murder 1 case. Look it up and quit making such foolish comments when you clearly do not know what you're talking about.
CLUELESS

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2011

Judged:

justic served wrote:
To the jury of Casey Anthony job well done!
yep she got away with murder i could not sleep if i were them

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Realtime 1,098,952
Change one letter game (Sep '11) 5 min Princess Hey 2,492
Double Fun Word Game (Mar '11) 8 min Princess Hey 11,920
two words (Jul '10) 10 min Princess Hey 26,866
The alphabet (Jun '06) 12 min Princess Hey 1,047
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 16 min Mothra 46,260
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 16 min AmyFaith 17,601
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 1 hr Rambler 486,486

Search the Orlando Forum:
•••
•••
Orlando Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000