Level 7

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#19654 Jan 26, 2015
LizW wrote:
<quoted text>Did you end up getting bad weather yesterday?
How far did you get with your packing? All your dishes and antiques are probably what's going to be really time consuming.
GF, I only got 2 boxes packed. that was about a quarter of one cabinet. We never got bad weather yesterday morning but, last night it rained then sleated then snowed. This morning it was cold but nothing accumulated. So it's been a cold clear day.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#19655 Jan 27, 2015
Good Morning All.

Missy love the avatar. Frigs where do we find these whack jobs. Apparently one of them admitted to be a internet troll for over 20 years. Maybe she's trying to win some type of award for being the first troll ever after the internet was invented.

Anyway..........GF you're way too young to be a true snowbird.
Speaking of snowbirds I'm wondering why the lady next door is keeping her house. She's only here about 2 weeks a year and I think in Florida the rest of the year. Instead of paying for people to maintain her property I would think she's like to downsize to something like a condo for the time she's in NY. I have a feeling she's not comfortable staying in the house alone. I say that because when she's home the entire house is lit up. She has this huge flood light that shines directly on the side of the house that my bedroom is on. Another one that lights up all the bedrooms in the front of the neighbors across the street house. Every night is like daylight.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#19656 Jan 27, 2015
Miles wrote:
Good morning all. Missy I wish I had your energy and motivation on exercising. I remember loving to Jazzercise back in the day. Of course I was much younger then. I think exercising is easier and more fun when you have a friend to do it with. Me and my hubby have been known to exercise from a CD. And on occasion we have made it over to the small gym here in our clubhouse at the condo complex we live in. Right now we just don't seem to be motivated.
Oh I so know what you mean on last years winter and how the snow seemed to never end. Like Maggie said on the Inspiration Thread, "We've been lucky this year." So far anyway." Ok I have to ask since you travel back to Michigan, "are you a snowbird?" lol Being a snowbird sounds fun to me.:)
Liz it sounds like you found a good product that works for you. Good for you.
I like hearing your crazy ideas of DIY projects. I had to laugh when you mentioned spray painting. Several years ago I spray painted some floor vents that I was so nervous about spraying because I never had any luck spay painting anything. But they did ok. Not perfect but they did look better after spraying them. lol
Yes I guess quilting is my hobby. I'm not real good at it. I sew the topper and the bottom and then send it off to be long armed stitched. Then when I get the quilt back, I make the border and sew it on. You'd be amazed how that long arm stitching can make squares sown together look so good. Hee! In the beginning when I first started trying to quilt, I'd stuff them myself. That's a lot of fabric to try and sew on my cheap sewing machine. It get's way too bunched up. It's so much easier to send off and have it done. So yes, sewing squares together is my hobby. Haha! One of these days I'd like to try a scrap quilt. They look complicated but the ladies at the sewing store says they are so easy to make.(smirking) They don't know me. I can mess up anything. Har!
Like you with your DIY projects, I have to be in the mood to sew.(wink)
Wow. I didn't know there was so many uses for shampoo. I will say that I probably wouldn't use a clarifying shampoo on my face as it might dry your skin out too much. Although I wonder how it would do for teens going through the pimple stage? Things that make you go Hmm!:)
I've never tried making soap but I remember my mother used to talk about making ly (sp) soap when she was a kid growing up in Kentucky. That's what poor families did back in her day. It sounds like it would be fun. There again it might be funner doing it with a girly friend. Don't think my hubby would want to do it with me. lol
I'm not sure what our weather is suppose to be today. Right now the sun is shining and there is very little snow left on the ground although it feels like it may be getting colder.
Wishing you all a happy Monday or (Moanday) as some call it. lol I don't work today so I might work on my quilt that is sitting on the table screaming "Finish me PLEASE" Har!
Mile I had to laugh about your spray painting. Same with me. I'm not sure if my projects look better before or after. LOL

As far as the shampoo goes I doubt it would work very well for kids with acne. At one time or another I think I've bought the kids everything on the market. Proactive works fairly well but nothing seems to work as well as the prescription creams.

I'm not sure of all that goes into making the soaps but I do know Step Daughter uses Lye. She wears goggles and thick rubber gloves while making the soaps. Then come out looking like loafs of bread, then she has to let them sit for 4-6 before cutting and packaging them.

Level 7

Location hidden

#19657 Jan 27, 2015
Liz and Miles,

I know a lady that makes the best soap. she has a soap called winter soap and it makes your skin so soft. I buy a dozen bars at a time. it has a jasmine scent to it..

Level 7

Location hidden

#19658 Jan 27, 2015
LizW wrote:
Good Morning All.
Missy love the avatar. Frigs where do we find these whack jobs. Apparently one of them admitted to be a internet troll for over 20 years. Maybe she's trying to win some type of award for being the first troll ever after the internet was invented.
Anyway..........GF you're way too young to be a true snowbird.
Speaking of snowbirds I'm wondering why the lady next door is keeping her house. She's only here about 2 weeks a year and I think in Florida the rest of the year. Instead of paying for people to maintain her property I would think she's like to downsize to something like a condo for the time she's in NY. I have a feeling she's not comfortable staying in the house alone. I say that because when she's home the entire house is lit up. She has this huge flood light that shines directly on the side of the house that my bedroom is on. Another one that lights up all the bedrooms in the front of the neighbors across the street house. Every night is like daylight.
That would suck having lights shining in your bedroom window. My room has to be completley dark or or I can't sleep. Maybe the lady has to many memories and it makes her to sad to think about getting rid of the house in NY.
I gave Houdini a shower then snuggled up with her in the chair. She is so precious. I bought her a couple sweaters for Christmas, but she won't let me put them on her.
I can't wait to be a snow bird. Can't wait to get away from all this cold nasty weather.
Miles

Ypsilanti, MI

#19659 Jan 28, 2015
The Real Missy wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, Miles
We are gonna be snow birds when we fully retire.. We are gonna be moving for a new job soon. My hubby will retire from the one he has now and start a new one. I would love to tell you the details but, there are some people on topix who do nothing but stalk people. They find out your name and start googling you to get your info. Very sad of them, I guess that's how they get their excitement in life. I have a stalker that is constantly trying to snoop into my info. They are from the Huntington Beach Ca. Area. I know the person is from topix..
We were having some nice weather now it's turned cold again. I would love to be able to quilt but I have never been able to sew. I can strip furniture and paint as good as a pro. But that's about it.
No worries, I understand. My sister did the same thing as your hubby. She retired from one company and is working for another one. I think she is ready for retirement but worries about the insurance. Last we spoke she plans on working for at least one more year.
Best of luck to you and your hubby. I hope you're moving someplace warm.

I've tried stripping furniture in my younger days and let me just say "THAT'S WORK." Be glad you have a talent for it. Not all of us have patience for it.(All meaning Me) Hee!

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#19660 Jan 28, 2015
Good Morning All
Missy are the soaps moisturizing? My SD makes a couple snow and winter scents soaps too. I wonder if it's the same recipe. Mostly she does floral's and fruit scents but does a few strange ones as well. Candy scents like Butterfingers. Who wants to smell like a candy bar? She makes one called Hippie. That one sounds like a recipe she might have made up. My daughter and I bought some from her over the holidays when she came to visit but haven't picked them up from her Dad yet. I'm going to try linking a couple to you and her web page.
Not sure why the lady next door keeps the house. It's 4/5 bedrooms and she only lived there about 10 years with her husband before he passed. I have a feeling she keeps the lights on because she's afraid of being in the house alone. She has a corner property so she lights up just about the entire neighborhood. I doubt any of us have to worry about break ins.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#19661 Jan 28, 2015
The Real Missy wrote:
<quoted text>
That would suck having lights shining in your bedroom window. My room has to be completley dark or or I can't sleep. Maybe the lady has to many memories and it makes her to sad to think about getting rid of the house in NY.
I gave Houdini a shower then snuggled up with her in the chair. She is so precious. I bought her a couple sweaters for Christmas, but she won't let me put them on her.
I can't wait to be a snow bird. Can't wait to get away from all this cold nasty weather.
Now you're sounding as crazy as my daughter. I didn't think birds took baths.

Did you buy the sweater on the internet? My daughter bought little coats for her chickens from some lady down south. She might have some outfits for your bird. She said the coats were about 5 dollars each and that included shipping. I can't see how the woman is making any money off this.
Miles

Ypsilanti, MI

#19662 Jan 28, 2015
Liz I'm like Missy. I think that house all lit up next to me would bother my sleep. I like it dark and no noise. I even have to cover up the alarm clock as it puts out too much light when I'm trying to sleep. That's pretty bad, huh? lol

Yes Liz you are probably right about the shampoo. Teens getting pimples is just a part of growing up. We've all been there.

It will be a while before I'm ever a snow bird since my better half is 10 years younger than me. He'll be 47 in April. He still has a lot of years to work. When it comes down to it, I'm grateful he has a job in todays economy. In my hometown back in Indiana there are so many people out of work. It just breaks my heart when we go back home and see all the businesses that have closed due to the Visteon Plant that closed down there. So many people are struggling these days.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#19663 Jan 28, 2015
Miles wrote:
<quoted text>
No worries, I understand. My sister did the same thing as your hubby. She retired from one company and is working for another one. I think she is ready for retirement but worries about the insurance. Last we spoke she plans on working for at least one more year.
I've tried stripping furniture in my younger days and let me just say "THAT'S WORK." Be glad you have a talent for it. Not all of us have patience for it.(All meaning Me) Hee!
Miles you sound like my twin. I don't have patience or talent either. Painting a plain wall with no windows or doors is as handy as I get.

Are you a good cook? This weekend my daughter and I are going to try to make homemade gnocchi's. Already I have a feeling that's going to be a flop.
Miles

Ypsilanti, MI

#19664 Jan 28, 2015
LizW wrote:
<quoted text>Miles you sound like my twin. I don't have patience or talent either. Painting a plain wall with no windows or doors is as handy as I get.
Are you a good cook? This weekend my daughter and I are going to try to make homemade gnocchi's. Already I have a feeling that's going to be a flop.
You have a twin Liz?? Bother or sister?? I had a twin brother but he passed at the age of 31. We were so close. It's so cool that you have a twin too.
Hmmm Cooking?? I used to be a good cook but I lost interest in cooking after my first husband passed. I love to eat though. Does that count? Hehe!

Level 7

Location hidden

#19665 Jan 28, 2015
Miles wrote:
<quoted text>
We could fully retire but, we are not even in our 50's yet.. My hubby decided he needed to work untill he is atleast 55. His retirement wouldn't be bad but , we can double dip this way.
Stripping furniture is a whole lot of work. But it can make a ugly scratched up piece look beautiful. A lot of people are wanting white painted furniture. I have had a few calls from people asking me if I can paint their furniture.
We are suppose to get snow this weekend. I will be going through everything in my garage but thankful it's heated.
Miles

Ypsilanti, MI

#19666 Jan 29, 2015
The Real Missy wrote:
<quoted text>
We could fully retire but, we are not even in our 50's yet.. My hubby decided he needed to work untill he is atleast 55. His retirement wouldn't be bad but , we can double dip this way.
Stripping furniture is a whole lot of work. But it can make a ugly scratched up piece look beautiful. A lot of people are wanting white painted furniture. I have had a few calls from people asking me if I can paint their furniture.
We are suppose to get snow this weekend. I will be going through everything in my garage but thankful it's heated.
Missy I think retirement is over rated. Especially at you and you hubby's age. I mean what would you do with all your time? Sounds like you love refurbishing furniture and he must like what he does. You might find retirement boring if you retire before 55. I did. That's why I went back to work part time.
Miles

Ypsilanti, MI

#19667 Jan 29, 2015
LizW wrote:
<quoted text>Miles you sound like my twin. I don't have patience or talent either. Painting a plain wall with no windows or doors is as handy as I get.
Hehe I think I read this wrong. LMBO! I should go back blond because I wear it so well. lol

Level 7

Location hidden

#19668 Jan 29, 2015
Miles wrote:
<wquoted text>
Missy I think retirement is over rated. Especially at you and you hubby's age. I mean what would you do with all your time? Sounds like you love refurbishing furniture and he must like what he does. You might find retirement boring if you retire before 55. I did. That's why I went back to work part time.
You are probably right. Retirement may get boreing. I am hoping with us being snow birds that we won't get to bored. I stay so busy now that I wish I could have a day to be bored.

Level 7

Location hidden

#19669 Jan 29, 2015
LizW wrote:
<quoted text>Now you're sounding as crazy as my daughter. I didn't think birds took baths.
Did you buy the sweater on the internet? My daughter bought little coats for her chickens from some lady down south. She might have some outfits for your bird. She said the coats were about 5 dollars each and that included shipping. I can't see how the woman is making any money off this.
I bought Housinis sweaters online but they were a whole lot more then 5.00. Find out where your daughter got hers at and send me the link. I haven't been able to put Houdinis on. She is a good bird and so lovable but she doesn't want to wear clothes. Lol I didn't push it. Houdini is a Macaw and has a huge beak.
I got the link to the soaps you sent me. Some of them I would probably like. I don't think I would like chocalate soap or peppermint but love jasmine and floral scented soaps. The soap I get that's homemade is so good, it moisterizes and softens your skin really well.i haven't found anything in the stores that's even comparable to it.

Level 7

Location hidden

#19671 Jan 30, 2015
Good Morning,

Busy, busy day planned. Hope everyone is having nice weather. We are suppose to get nasty weather this weekend.
Who ever Hairy NY is, it's not only Mary stalking it's all of them on the State thread. They claim they want to stay on topic but, they beg for Liz to post. If she doesn't post over there every morning they are making little jabs at her to try to get her to respond.
Miles

Ypsilanti, MI

#19672 Jan 30, 2015
Good morning Missy and Liz. I try never to pay attention to trolls and bad judge marks. If I did I'd never post.
TGIF! I have been off work the last 4 days but I work this afternoon. It's kinda nasty out but still will be glad to get out of the house.:)

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#19673 Jan 31, 2015
Good Morning All

Anyone have any Superbowl plans? I thought it was just going to be me and my daughter but now the boy's are coming over with a few friends. So it looks like I'm having a party.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#19674 Jan 31, 2015
The Real Missy wrote:
<quoted text>
I bought Housinis sweaters online but they were a whole lot more then 5.00. Find out where your daughter got hers at and send me the link. I haven't been able to put Houdinis on. She is a good bird and so lovable but she doesn't want to wear clothes. Lol I didn't push it. Houdini is a Macaw and has a huge beak.
I got the link to the soaps you sent me. Some of them I would probably like. I don't think I would like chocalate soap or peppermint but love jasmine and floral scented soaps. The soap I get that's homemade is so good, it moisterizes and softens your skin really well.i haven't found anything in the stores that's even comparable to it.
I'll ask and send you the link. She said the chickens don't like putting the coats on. You need two people to do it.

Did you look at the other soaps from the link I sent you? I'm not crazy about the candy scents but she really does a nice job making and packaging the soaps.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr VetnorsGate 1,581,412
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr 2all 63,944
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 7 hr Murphey_Law 513,428
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 10 hr zazz 98,477
News Lawsuit accuses Advance Auto Parts of racial di... (Sep '08) 13 hr USS LIBERTY 55
News Sex offenders, predators find room at Friendly ... (Nov '08) 15 hr Rip Chen Picket 63
News Let's Talk About Something Other Than Casey Ant... (Jul '11) Fri Tex- 42

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages