Level 7

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#19568 Jan 8, 2015
LizW wrote:
Good Morning All
Missy sorry to keep hounding you but I just need one of those sea sponges and then blot on the paint? Let it dry and that's it? I'll start with the downstairs bathroom. I'm thinking it can't look any worse than it already does.
So cold out outside. I'm trying to talk myself into going grocery shopping but don't feel like going out.
It's 4 degrees here. It's almost painful to walk outside.. When I did the sponge painting I paintes a dark color then used a lighter shade and just dipped the sponge in it and lightly touched the sponge to the wall. When it dried I used another color that was lighter and did the same thing untill it looked the way I wanted it to. It's best to get a board or a big piece of card board and test it to see what color it will end up before putting it on a wall.
Have fun grocery shopping. I need to go but it's not gonna happen in this cold.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Brother Love

#19569 Jan 9, 2015
Good Morning All

Still freezing here. I don't think there's much snow in our forecast but I just read where the people from the weather channel are back in Buffalo again. Sounds like they're going to get another storm.

Missy I talked myself out of going to the store yesterday but this weekend I'm going to try to go to Home Depot ( they probably miss me there). Here's my last questions about the paint ( hopefully). It's a small bathroom that I'm going to try this on. The walls are already blue , one wall is slightly a different blue than the others but I'm thinking this sponge painting will blend it all in together. Eggshell is already on the walls. Do I buy eggshell or a different kind of paint? Do I have to buy quarts or can I buy a smaller size? Quarts seem too big but then again I can always sponge the garage with the extra paint.
In fact if I get the paint this weekend I just might start sponging Sunday.

Level 7

Location hidden

#19570 Jan 9, 2015
Good Morning,

I would probably buy a quart. Make sure you get a lighter color blue. If you put a real light color on a dark color it will look more like the light color. Make sure you lift your sponge each time you dab the wall or it will streak. I always do it on a board before I put it on the wall. If you still have some paint from when you first painted the bathroom I would practice on a board. That way if you don't like the way it looks you can get a different color blue. Also if you have semi gloss paint on the wall then make sure you are sponging with the same kind of paint.
Miles

Ypsilanti, MI

#19571 Jan 9, 2015
Hello ladies. Liz good luck with the painting. It' been years but I've done the sponge thing. Back in the early 90s I also did the feather dusting. Of course that is not popular now. I wonder if home depot has a picture of what the sponge painting looks like?? If not I think I'd just google it and see if you like it. How ever it goes, good luck.

Brrrr it's freezing outside. You all stay warm now.:)
Miles

Ypsilanti, MI

#19572 Jan 9, 2015
Oh and as far as those bad judge marks go, I never pay any attention to them. The more you acknowledge them the worse it gets. Ok now have a great day. :)
Miles

Ypsilanti, MI

#19573 Jan 10, 2015
Good morning everyone. I suspect Liz is lost in the world of paint. lol

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Brother Love

#19574 Jan 11, 2015
Good Morning All

Yesterday I was out shopping most of the day. Finally stopped at Home Depot and got the paint for the bathroom. I'm going to tackle the job today. Kind of scared how this will come out. I swear if this is a bust I'm just going to buy some tan paint and be done with it.

It's suppose to be 20 degrees today so my boy's are going snowboarding. I'm sure on the side of the mountain it will feel more like -20 degrees.

Besides painting and catching up on some chores my daughter is coming over later for dinner and I'm going to try a new shrimp scampi recipe on her.

Anyone else have weekend plans?

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Brother Love

#19577 Jan 11, 2015
Missy.......... I'm no longer speaking to you. When you see my avatar you'll know why.

Although my sponging did give the kids a good laugh.

PS..........I'll be back at Home Depot soon for Regular paint and a ROLLER

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Brother Love

#19578 Jan 11, 2015
I'm just closing the bathroom door and forgetting this ever happened.
johnny

United States

#19579 Jan 11, 2015
whaaaaaaaats up!!!!!!!!!!
Me two

Austin, TX

#19580 Jan 11, 2015
LizW wrote:
I'm just closing the bathroom door and forgetting this ever happened.
What happens when you have to go?
Me two

Austin, TX

#19581 Jan 11, 2015
johnny wrote:
whaaaaaaaats up!!!!!!!!!!
Hi Mary nice hat dumbass. LOL

Level 7

Location hidden

#19582 Jan 11, 2015
LizW wrote:
Missy.......... I'm no longer speaking to you. When you see my avatar you'll know why.
Although my sponging did give the kids a good laugh.
PS..........I'll be back at Home Depot soon for Regular paint and a ROLLER
Goodness, what did you do? I told you to practice on a board first.. Who ever sponged that did not sponge it right. It looks all smeared on. Maybe you should just go get some tan paint and cover it all up. Lol If I were closer I would come over and help you out.
I have been on the go all weekend. Just got home and everyone is yelling what's for dinner. Now I wasn't gonna cook this late so they are all having Pizza and hot wings.

Level 7

Location hidden

#19583 Jan 11, 2015
Me two wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Mary nice hat dumbass. LOL
Is that really her doing that? Wow!

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Brother Love

#19584 Jan 12, 2015
Good Morning All

Missy I could have practiced all day on a board and still F'ed it up.

It's was a disaster from the get go. Three walls were dark blue. I didn't like the dark blue so a few months ago I bought a light blue. After painting one wall I decided the light blue was even worse than the dark blue.
I was hoping the sponging would tie the 4 walls in together. I bought two colors to sponge with that were probably both too light. The lighter blue looks more like a white. Actually once the paint dried it didn't look so bad but still the walls weren't going to match. The blues were way too different.
At least now when I repaint it already looks like the walls are primed.

Did you end up ordering pizza and wings last night?
Miles

Ypsilanti, MI

#19585 Jan 12, 2015
Liz this is part of the reason I won't paint anymore. lol I agree, go bet the tan paint and maybe get some new towels or shower curtain to bring in some color. I bet you'll like it then.

Lol Missy, you did tell her to practice. Hee! Sorry Liz.
littleben

Paris, TX

#19586 Jan 12, 2015
Let the chat begin
nigben

Ardmore, OK

#19587 Jan 12, 2015
ok start chatting
willy

Mead, OK

#19588 Jan 12, 2015
oompa loompa
Miles

Ypsilanti, MI

#19591 Jan 13, 2015
Good morning to Liz, Missy, Maggie and anyone else who wants to play nice. It's coffee time for me. It's so cold...brrrr! Wishing you all a happy day.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Incognito4Ever 1,220,614
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 7 min Broken Lance 17,689
3 word game (Jan '11) 16 min Princess Hey 13,500
Change one letter game (Sep '11) 17 min Princess Hey 2,729
One Word (Jul '10) 18 min Princess Hey 2,091
Alphabet Game (Apr '12) 20 min Princess Hey 9,275
Double Fun Word Game (Mar '11) 21 min Princess Hey 12,431
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 1 hr T-REX 496,371
More from around the web

Orlando People Search