Level 7

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#19194 Jul 17, 2014
LizW wrote:
Good Morning All
Someone slap me. I saw on the net where someone took a old dresser and turned it into a bathroom vanity. Really looked nice. Then I starting thinking of the boy's bathroom..........I'm going to stop thinking before I get anymore crazy ideas.
Liz, The house in Michigan has a vanity made from a old dresser. It's beautiful. Next time I go up there I will take a picture of it..

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#19195 Jul 19, 2014
Good Morning All

Missy I would love to see the pic of the vanity. It's something I never would have thought of doing but I saw a link on FB and it's a great idea ( or at least it looked like it would be a great idea).

Did you see the pic of the mat/rug made of rocks going around on FB? That's another clever idea. I briefly thought about doing it but then thought to myself, I don't have anywhere to put it, plus I don't have the patience to glue 500 rocks together. Not to mention Noah would be coming by and probably me kicking the rocks loose and I'd be going crazy re-gluing rocks.
Bradley Paech

Mount Barker, Australia

#19196 Jul 19, 2014

Level 7

Location hidden

#19197 Jul 19, 2014
LizW wrote:
Good Morning All
Missy I would love to see the pic of the vanity. It's something I never would have thought of doing but I saw a link on FB and it's a great idea ( or at least it looked like it would be a great idea).
Did you see the pic of the mat/rug made of rocks going around on FB? That's another clever idea. I briefly thought about doing it but then thought to myself, I don't have anywhere to put it, plus I don't have the patience to glue 500 rocks together. Not to mention Noah would be coming by and probably me kicking the rocks loose and I'd be going crazy re-gluing rocks.
Good morning,

I did see the picture of the rock mat. You would have to have a really good glue to keep the rocks from coming off the mat. I have seen Rock mats in stores before. They are cute. Did you get all your projects done you were working on? The dresser vanity in Michigan is antique. It was bought at a antique auction and converted into a vanity. The mirror on it is beautiful.
Cheese

United States

#19198 Jul 19, 2014
Cheese

Level 2

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#19199 Jul 20, 2014
Cheese wrote:
Cheese
You need some whine to go with that cheese Maddy?

Level 2

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#19200 Jul 20, 2014
Good Morning All :)

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#19201 Jul 21, 2014
Good Morning All

Missy did the mirror come with the dresser or was that a separate piece?
I never stripped and refinished any wood before but I'd like to try. Maybe a small table or something like that. The projects I had planned ( plus a couple others) are done. Just a few touch ups left. Right now the bathroom vanity is a little F'd up. I replaced the knobs and for some reason this one knob wouldn't tighten and then when I tried to take it off, I couldn't. It just kept spinning around. My sister got the knob off and drilled a new hole for the knob. Now the knob is okay but the drawer isn't lining up right.
I've never seen the rock mats in the stores, they're cute but I don't really have a place to put it.

Did you see the photo's going around of redoing your flooring using pennies? Looks nice but would be a pain in the ass. Plus how would you clean it? I imagine it would be very cold during the winter months and anything dropped on the floor would shatter.

Level 7

Location hidden

#19202 Jul 21, 2014
LizW wrote:
Good Morning All
Missy did the mirror come with the dresser or was that a separate piece?
I never stripped and refinished any wood before but I'd like to try. Maybe a small table or something like that. The projects I had planned ( plus a couple others) are done. Just a few touch ups left. Right now the bathroom vanity is a little F'd up. I replaced the knobs and for some reason this one knob wouldn't tighten and then when I tried to take it off, I couldn't. It just kept spinning around. My sister got the knob off and drilled a new hole for the knob. Now the knob is okay but the drawer isn't lining up right.
I've never seen the rock mats in the stores, they're cute but I don't really have a place to put it.
Did you see the photo's going around of redoing your flooring using pennies? Looks nice but would be a pain in the ass. Plus how would you clean it? I imagine it would be very cold during the winter months and anything dropped on the floor would shatter.
Yes, the mirror came with the dresser. I may be going up there in a few weeks. I have never seen a floor done in penny's.I don't think it would be something I would like. The rock mats are usually used as door mats.
Cheese

San Diego, CA

#19203 Jul 23, 2014
The Real Missyfit wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm never wrong Maddy. Grow up and stop lying.
Wrong n an idiot r 2 differant things...

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#19205 Jul 29, 2014
Good Morning All

Is it me or did the Topix format change?

Missy next time I see that penny floor I'll show you the pic. Looks nice , but probably a pain to put together and to keep clean.

Level 8

Since: Aug 09

New York

#19206 Jul 29, 2014
LizW wrote:
Good Morning All
Is it me or did the Topix format change?
Missy next time I see that penny floor I'll show you the pic. Looks nice , but probably a pain to put together and to keep clean.
Liz, we got a lot of rain, about 5-6 inches. Avon really got hit hard. I know a few people with flooded basements. Didn't flood mine at home or here at the lake. We have sump pumps and luckily no water reached the basements. How about you?

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#19207 Jul 31, 2014
Good Morning All

Mary I'm pretty sure one of the photo's I saw where the road split open a few feet was from Avon. They had barrels and tape blocking off the road but someone drove around them and ended up with their car sinking into the open area where the road split.

Glad you didn't get any damage to your home. We had a lot of rain. I'm not sure how many inches but my house sits up on a hill. The lower level of the house is kind of built into the bottom of the hill which makes us prime for water damage, but luckily we had none. Thank goodness since the past 2 years we'd had the downstairs flooded two different times. Once because of the AC unit and another when I pipe burst.

Level 8

Since: Aug 09

New York

#19209 Jul 31, 2014
LizW wrote:
Good Morning All
Mary I'm pretty sure one of the photo's I saw where the road split open a few feet was from Avon. They had barrels and tape blocking off the road but someone drove around them and ended up with their car sinking into the open area where the road split.
Glad you didn't get any damage to your home. We had a lot of rain. I'm not sure how many inches but my house sits up on a hill. The lower level of the house is kind of built into the bottom of the hill which makes us prime for water damage, but luckily we had none. Thank goodness since the past 2 years we'd had the downstairs flooded two different times. Once because of the AC unit and another when I pipe burst.
I'm home today no damage and my gawd the sun is out!!! LOL
Big dawg

Spring Hill, FL

#19210 Aug 2, 2014
Mary NY wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm home today no damage and my gawd the sun is out!!! LOL
hood morn all new to this thread looking for friends

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#19211 Aug 5, 2014
Good Morning All

Hello. Is anyone there?

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#19212 Aug 10, 2014
Good Morning All (what's a few hours)
OMG I have a life again. The new season of Dallas is starting soon.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#19213 Aug 11, 2014
Good Morning All

I'm a little jealous. School is starting this week for most of the kids down south. We still have another month to go here.

Level 7

Location hidden

#19214 Aug 11, 2014
LizW wrote:
Good Morning All
I'm a little jealous. School is starting this week for most of the kids down south. We still have another month to go here.
It starts Wednesday here...
Jane

Sugar Land, TX

#19215 Aug 17, 2014
OK...what'd ya'll do to Hal?!

I saw a post...something about cyber sex and Hal.
Now those are words I'd never thought I'd see used together in the same sentence! And it sure isn't something I ever wanted to think about...
SO I owe ya one ...whoever you are!
*shakes fist*

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min MICHA 1,433,157
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 10 min Patriot AKA Bozo 61,496
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 8 hr Princess Hey 513,502
real estate attorneys (Jul '09) 14 hr Ketie Holms 2
News Real estate agent isn't a real pro (Nov '08) 14 hr Peter James 25
News Home Sales: Florida's February Home Sales Rise ... (Mar '09) 14 hr Mellisa 54
Looking to meet other single gay men in the Orl... (Jan '12) 15 hr Keith Chance 20

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages