“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#18710 Mar 11, 2014
They usually wait here until the day or the storm, and then still don't usually close. Maybe because we hace extra snow days we didn't use could be the reason they were so fast to close.
We did have one 30 minute early dismissal this year and I think one snow day ( I'm not even positive about the snow say but I do think there was one).

Oh well at least the snow is pretty to look at and it will probably be the end of it after this storm. Tomorrow morning I'll run to Wegmans and then wait for the storm to start.
Mary NY wrote:
<quoted text>
Not yet Liz. I saw some Rochester closings. They love to wait until the last minute up my way...lol.

Level 8

Since: Aug 09

New York

#18711 Mar 11, 2014
LizW wrote:
They usually wait here until the day or the storm, and then still don't usually close. Maybe because we hace extra snow days we didn't use could be the reason they were so fast to close.
We did have one 30 minute early dismissal this year and I think one snow day ( I'm not even positive about the snow say but I do think there was one).
Oh well at least the snow is pretty to look at and it will probably be the end of it after this storm. Tomorrow morning I'll run to Wegmans and then wait for the storm to start. <quoted text>
I'm ready for spring! I do love winter storms though :-). It's beautiful to look at it but by March I'm ready for spring and flowers. I hope this is the last big storm we get.
Bwad

Key West, FL

#18712 Mar 11, 2014
LizW wrote:
Nice.
LOL after this winter anything above 10 degrees here feels like 70's. <quoted text>
It's VERY NICE! Guess Al Gore meant South Florida has the Global warming problem...This year has to have set records for the warmest Winter ever down here! It has been so beautiful weather wise one might see why they call it "Paradise" here!

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#18713 Mar 12, 2014
Good Morning All

Whenever the weather changes I get sinus problems and right now they're raging. My sinuses are the only sign of a storm I see thus far. Yesterday was 50 degrees, tonight is suppose to be zero. Pretty major drop in temps over such a short period.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#18714 Mar 12, 2014
Brad don't mean to be nosey here but do you live on your boat? My brother and his wife have a house but from May-Sept they live on their boat. The other months all they do is talk about how much they miss the freakin boat. I can maybe see enjoying being on the boat in Florida where the water is nice, but here the water is filthy and there's bugs all over. I would go crazy being confined to the boat/dock area after about 24 hours. I just don't get how they enjoy it so much and can do it for months at a time. The first boat they bought had a bathroom that was so small you could go potty and take a shower right on the toilet seat.
Bwad wrote:
<quoted text>
It's VERY NICE! Guess Al Gore meant South Florida has the Global warming problem...This year has to have set records for the warmest Winter ever down here! It has been so beautiful weather wise one might see why they call it "Paradise" here!

Since: Feb 14

Hyderabad, India

#18715 Mar 12, 2014
Brainding creates a brand identity development in Saudi Arabia that connect you with people .Brainding can build your expectation about the company services or products, and can encourage the company to maintain that expectation, or exceed them, bringing better products and services to the market place. It creates an association between, the potential buyer’s ideals and the particular make of a product, such as associating the color.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#18716 Mar 12, 2014
Oh boy the storm is here. It looks like a snow globe outside. The weather channel has crews reporting from Rochester..........that's never a good sign.

I was planning on making a quick trip to the grocery store this morning. Looks like that might be out of the question.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#18717 Mar 13, 2014
Good Morning All

We ended up getting about 2 feet of snow.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#18718 Mar 13, 2014
LizW wrote:
Good Morning All
We ended up getting about 2 feet of snow.
OMG! I can't believe the difference in the weather. It was 55 here yesterday, our "cold" day of the week. It is supposed to be in the 60's the rest of the week and most of next week.

I hope your mom is doing better.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#18719 Mar 13, 2014
It was in the 50's one day then 2 feet of snow the next. They even closed the grocery stores and that rarely ever happens. We had a major ice store about 20 years ago and I don't remember grocery stores being closed.

Thanks. Mom is doing better. She sees Dr. Brain next week and then her big friend in 2 weeks and she'll get her cast off then hopefully. I'm waiting for the weather to clear then I'll take her to Walmart to show off her cast and her eye.

My daughter flew back from Mexico yesterday but is stuck in Charlotte until the storm clears.
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG! I can't believe the difference in the weather. It was 55 here yesterday, our "cold" day of the week. It is supposed to be in the 60's the rest of the week and most of next week.
I hope your mom is doing better.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#18720 Mar 14, 2014
Good Morning All
Bwad

Key West, FL

#18721 Mar 14, 2014
LizW wrote:
Brad don't mean to be nosey here but do you live on your boat? My brother and his wife have a house but from May-Sept they live on their boat. The other months all they do is talk about how much they miss the freakin boat. I can maybe see enjoying being on the boat in Florida where the water is nice, but here the water is filthy and there's bugs all over. I would go crazy being confined to the boat/dock area after about 24 hours. I just don't get how they enjoy it so much and can do it for months at a time. The first boat they bought had a bathroom that was so small you could go potty and take a shower right on the toilet seat.<quoted text>
Liz don't mention it..We do not live on the boat year round, only when we are traveling......
We also have a house on the water where the boat is docked. Living on a boat is not for everyone, but for people like us, and your Bro./wife y it's awesome! Depending on the size of the boat it can be close quarters but at the same time very romantic:)...

“Pass the sunscreen”

Level 8

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#18722 Mar 14, 2014
Good morning.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#18723 Mar 15, 2014
Good Morning All

Brad at least you travel on the boat. I think my brother and the other boat people only go to Canada or the 1000 island 1-2 times a year because the gas is so expensive for the boats. There's a pool and a clubhouse at the dock that they use. It sounds like all they do all weekend long is party, all weekend, EVERY weekend. That has to get old after awhile.

Level 8

Since: Mar 12

Sugar Land, TX

#18724 Mar 15, 2014
Good morning everyone.
Liz, sorry to read about your mom. How is she doing?
Did y'all get to go Walmart?

Level 8

Since: Mar 12

Sugar Land, TX

#18725 Mar 15, 2014
Maverick 808 wrote:
Good morning.
Hey Mav. How's life?
Bwad

Key West, FL

#18726 Mar 16, 2014
LizW wrote:
Good Morning All
Brad at least you travel on the boat. I think my brother and the other boat people only go to Canada or the 1000 island 1-2 times a year because the gas is so expensive for the boats. There's a pool and a clubhouse at the dock that they use. It sounds like all they do all weekend long is party, all weekend, EVERY weekend. That has to get old after awhile.
Good morning,
Well Liz, I see nothing wrong with partying a couple times a year...nothing to excess. Maybe you should go with them and see for yourself! Have some Fun Girl!

Am off to play a few games of tennis and a little water skiing today!!!!! You all have some fun now ya hear!!!! Life is too short not to.....:)
Bwad

Key West, FL

#18727 Mar 16, 2014
JaneDear wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Mav. How's life?
Hey Jane, it's all good eh!
Bwad

Key West, FL

#18728 Mar 16, 2014

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#18729 Mar 17, 2014
Good Morning All

Missy I've been meaning to tell you about something I saw on FB, but kept forgetting. Then I starting thinking you might have been the one who I saw had the link. Did you see those blue storage pods people were making houses out of? They were pretty cool looking.

How's your basement coming? Since I can't do anything with the furniture I wanted to refinish until it warms up outside I decided I might want to redo the main bathroom now. Just new vanity counter tops, medicine cabinet, paint and tile backslash. My brother said he could maybe come next week and start it for me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Okay 1,659,976
News Use of 'retarded' as derogatory term is offensi... (Jun '08) 2 hr Tardos-get lost 6,656
Song Title Game (Apr '15) 6 hr Lily_White 724
___Justice For Caylee___Cont. (Feb '10) 23 hr lisa 25,614
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 23 hr lisa 98,620
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 23 hr ANGHARAD 514,755
Puerto Rico Sucks (Jun '08) Sat NoMoPuerto 1,346

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages