Level 8

Since: Mar 12

Sugar Land, TX

#18077 Dec 12, 2013
Dawg wrote:
This is meant to be a public service message. The idea that's it's my daughter is secondary to the message I'm wanting to send......
http://www.wthr.com/story/24175973/2013/12/09...
This is a parent's worse fear, especially when it's a vulnerable young woman. At every opportunity I told this girl of the dangers that she faces whether at the grocery store or at a friend's house. Be aware of what's going on around you.
I feel very lucky these days.
I want all of you to take note that it can happen to any of us. Young or old. Be careful and have a wonderful Christmas season.
Thank you for posting this.

Thank goodness they were not hurt!
I can't imagine how scary that must have been.
Dawg

Indianapolis, IN

#18078 Dec 12, 2013
JaneDear wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for posting this.
Thank goodness they were not hurt!
I can't imagine how scary that must have been.
I can't imagine on her and her boyfriend's part, but I can assure you I have small panic attacts as I play the phone call over in my mind that I got at 1:30 am.
Today, I think my daughter respects my fears a little more than to blow me off with the comment, "You're going to worry yourself into an early grave if you don't let go". Let go? Hell no.
But really, crime seems to spike at this time of year, so my message continues to be, pay attention to what's going on around you. Be safe and have a pleasant Christmas.

Level 8

Since: Mar 12

Sugar Land, TX

#18079 Dec 12, 2013
Dawg wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't imagine on her and her boyfriend's part, but I can assure you I have small panic attacts as I play the phone call over in my mind that I got at 1:30 am.
Today, I think my daughter respects my fears a little more than to blow me off with the comment, "You're going to worry yourself into an early grave if you don't let go". Let go? Hell no.
But really, crime seems to spike at this time of year, so my message continues to be, pay attention to what's going on around you. Be safe and have a pleasant Christmas.
Thank you.
I hope you and yours have a wonderful and safe Christmas as well.
Your message brings to mind
A book

The Gift of Fear

http://www.nytimes.com/books/first/b/becker-f...
Dawg

Indianapolis, IN

#18080 Dec 12, 2013
:)

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#18082 Dec 13, 2013
Good Morning All

Missy where are you? Are you still having fun? LOL

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#18083 Dec 13, 2013
I watch part of it but this computer doesn't have speakers. It was goofy enough without sound. I can only imagine with sound what the conversation is like.

How's middle school going? Are Thing one and two still chasing that boy or did they find another new target?
JaneDear wrote:
Liz,
There are some great old films on youtube.
You might like this one.
How to date in the 1950s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =CfOoMlojtboXX

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#18084 Dec 13, 2013
That's so frightening. I'm glad your daughter and her BF are okay.

BTW..........your daughter is lovely.
Dawg wrote:
This is meant to be a public service message. The idea that's it's my daughter is secondary to the message I'm wanting to send......
http://www.wthr.com/story/24175973/2013/12/09...
This is a parent's worse fear, especially when it's a vulnerable young woman. At every opportunity I told this girl of the dangers that she faces whether at the grocery store or at a friend's house. Be aware of what's going on around you.
I feel very lucky these days.
I want all of you to take note that it can happen to any of us. Young or old. Be careful and have a wonderful Christmas season.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#18085 Dec 13, 2013
Hi Dawg, This might sound crazy( especially if you're the wrong person) but are the one who went tailgating with Shawn? If so, I miss her. Do you ever hear from her?
Dawg wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey there!

“That's all folks...”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

#18086 Dec 13, 2013
http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_...

Dawg~~
When I read your post it reminded me of this case.
I followed it from beginning to end. I had a particular
interest because I'm originally from that area of Fl.

Even though Carlie was murdered it was still a miracle
that it was captured on film at the carwash and his arrest
was swift.
Carlie was only three blocks from her house, walking
home after a sleepover at her friends house.

Another father after watching the video of the abduction
insisted that his 14 yr old daughter watch it.
He too got the, oh dad you worry too much.

It saved her life about six months later because it all came back
to her while a man was trying to pull her into a car.

Dawg

Indianapolis, IN

#18087 Dec 13, 2013
LizW wrote:
Hi Dawg, This might sound crazy( especially if you're the wrong person) but are the one who went tailgating with Shawn? If so, I miss her. Do you ever hear from her?<quoted text>
Good morning Liz. Yes, that was me and Shuana, and a friend of hers that tailgated a Colts and Titan's game last year. She's doing okay but seems to have her hands full taking care of her mom. She's a friend on Facebook but we don't stay up one another's butts with messages back and forth everyday. I tried to instigate some banter last month when the Titans and Colts played, but she didn't bite. I took it as she knew her team sucked this year and the Colts were going to kick some butt. I still have her Titans hat and pink football she left on the seat of my truck, so she and I need to get together again. Till then, I'll continue to perform voodoo rites with the items, making sure my team always wins.
Dawg

Indianapolis, IN

#18088 Dec 13, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
http://www.trutv.com/library/c rime/notorious_murders/famous/ carlie_brucia/1.html
Dawg~~
was swift.
I know! We try to talk to our children about the dangers and they seem to blow us off. Thankfully, and apparently, they do listen though. I think it's safe to say that my daughter won't verbally blow me off in the future.
Dawg

Indianapolis, IN

#18089 Dec 13, 2013
LizW wrote:
That's so frightening. I'm glad your daughter and her BF are okay.
BTW..........your daughter is lovely.<quoted text>
TY.

“That's all folks...”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

#18090 Dec 13, 2013
Something else about that pervert, Joseph Smith...
Out of all the disgusting stuff he did, one of the things
he said stands out In my mind.
They played a tape where he told him brother,
"Man I thought she was at least sixteen but it was too
late when I found out she was only 11 yrs old."

Then he begged for his sorry life with the ruse,
"I can still be a father to my two daughters while in prison."

Yes, people like this roam amongst us in real life AND on
the internet...
Dawg

Indianapolis, IN

#18091 Dec 13, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
http://www.trutv.com/library/c rime/notorious_murders/famous/ carlie_brucia/1.html
Dawg~~
was swift.
Scary, scary stuff.

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#18093 Dec 14, 2013
Dawg wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning Liz. Yes, that was me and Shuana, and a friend of hers that tailgated a Colts and Titan's game last year. She's doing okay but seems to have her hands full taking care of her mom. She's a friend on Facebook but we don't stay up one another's butts with messages back and forth everyday. I tried to instigate some banter last month when the Titans and Colts played, but she didn't bite. I took it as she knew her team sucked this year and the Colts were going to kick some butt. I still have her Titans hat and pink football she left on the seat of my truck, so she and I need to get together again. Till then, I'll continue to perform voodoo rites with the items, making sure my team always wins.
It might be a good idea for you to message your good friend Shuana on her FB page..see how her mom is doing, before you post "she has her hands full taking care of her mom".

May I respectfully ask..what name did you post under on Coon Dog Punch or the Mouse House.. I can't seem to find any of your posts.There are many posters using the name Dawg, many different IP addy's. None I find on CDP or the Mouse House. Many posts some one using that name on the State Forum though.

Another screen name perhaps?

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#18094 Dec 14, 2013
Good Morning All

Race is it looking like a winter wonderland at your house too? We have another snow adviosy until tomorrow morning. It better calm down soon I still have Christmas shopping to finish.

Location hidden

#18095 Dec 14, 2013
Dawg (hahaha) must be a "Time Traveler.. she goes to bed in Indianapolis IN. wakes up in the morning in Orlando, FL.

Location hidden

#18097 Dec 14, 2013
LizW wrote:
Good Morning All
Race is it looking like a winter wonderland at your house too? We have another snow adviosy until tomorrow morning. It better calm down soon I still have Christmas shopping to finish.
Good Morning back atcha" Liz.

We had tornado's two weeks ago, 6" of snow four days ago...then the predicting 5" last night. what a joke, it was 43 degrees all night. no snow. no rain. But everyone is thankful.

UGH..shopping for me is Amazon this year.

I can't wait to go back home.

A good friend of ours is coming up to visit for a few days when I get back home.

Hope all is well with you, your mom and family. Not much snow in Albany, where my friend lives.

Location hidden

#18098 Dec 14, 2013
Hey Liz..wasn't it you talking about Wegman"s..awhile ago? Like an old grocery store? There is a really old, building here that the entire side is painted "Home of Wegman's" I thought that was a Wegman's someone was posting about ..wrong..it is a historical building that one of the founder's of part of Southern OH built, and it was really their home. Part of the Historical Society now..

What a way for the milkman to find your house, back in the day.
Dawg

Indianapolis, IN

#18099 Dec 14, 2013
RaceCityUsa wrote:
<quoted text>
It might be a good idea for you to message your good friend Shuana on her FB page..see how her mom is doing, before you post "she has her hands full taking care of her mom".
May I respectfully ask..what name did you post under on Coon Dog Punch or the Mouse House.. I can't seem to find any of your posts.There are many posters using the name Dawg, many different IP addy's. None I find on CDP or the Mouse House. Many posts some one using that name on the State Forum though.
Another screen name perhaps?
Your're right, you probably wouldn't find more than one or two of my posts on CDP. I had my share of stalker fans and didn't want to infect that thread with the nonsense. Thinking back, I I had be banned for awhile so I downloaded AOL. One of the screen names I used then was Banned On The Run.
If you look back a couple pages, your most recent dawg came in using the south Florida ip under the screen name The Big Dawg, or something like that. It changed to simply Dawg after I posted and is trying to start some bickering, or whatever the troll goal of the day is.
I don't need to message my friend to know what she's doing. If she was somehow no longer needed, she would be two states away at her own place. It's one of the things we share in common......we're both doing elder care for a parent.
I didn't post here to cause anyone any unnecessary concern. I wanted to extend my condolences about Mousie to others that befriended her along the way, too. Nothing more, nothing less.
Have a great day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 20 min Reality Check 1,508,083
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 2 hr Joy 513,018
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 2 hr Joy 73,759
News Nassau County Court and Family Court judges (Nov '08) 9 hr Buddy from Whites... 95
"word game" six word sentence (last letters) 9 hr Princess Hey 192
New Game ***Last Word + 2 (Oct '11) 10 hr Princess Hey 12,959
Run the homeless out of Orlando! 12 hr ANONYMOUS 1

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages