Brad

Key West, FL

#17593 Nov 5, 2013
STM wrote:
<quoted text>
Local news reports said she starved to death and was dead at least two days prior to the burning. This is the second death of 12 year olds that we're in the DFACS system this month. DFACS dropped the ball IMO.
Hey Stop,
Unfortunately DFACS dropped the ball in many, many other instances/States. How it is possible for them to really keep up with all the Families that need their help is a mystery to me? They are under staffed and always have been. They are under trained to do the job...Not enough money in the system for it to work correctly for "All" the kids....It seems to be a pattern in the US...There is simply not enough money and/or adequately trained personnel in mass to solve all the problems imo. Some fall through the cracks unfortunately.
Brad

Key West, FL

#17594 Nov 5, 2013
The Real Missy wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't even begin to imagine how anyone could do something so horrible.
None of us can? Seems like there is a new story about some other child every few days...The Internet makes all of these stories more prevalent now. I would be kind of afraid to be a kid these days. So much pressure to just be yourself with the iphone cameras, computer facebooks to pear in to peoples lives. Nothing is private anymore with the youth today. They put it all out there at their own risk and peril at times.
Brad

Key West, FL

#17595 Nov 5, 2013

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Brother Love

#17597 Nov 6, 2013
Good Morning All

Mousie Good Luck Thursday. We're all thinking about you.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Brother Love

#17598 Nov 6, 2013
I wonder if more people are getting Shingles now and that's why the vaccine is being advertised so often. Last spring when my sister first broke out in the rash she was thinking she had shingles, I googled shingles and it looked like them, but the doctor said it would be rare for someone her age to get shingles.
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
My aunt and uncle both had shingles and they suffered so much it scared me to death. I got the shingles shot.
Before they had it, I thought of it as just an irritating rash.
It can be very brutal. I would encourage Everyone to get the shot.

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#17599 Nov 6, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireS tory/ga-girl-found-trash-bin-r un-20784484
I'll post the link for those who want to read this.
The latest I heard on the local news this morning was, the little girl was starved to death.
How does something like this happen in our society?
There was every possible sign of child abuse...
Kids like that don't even have a chance from the beginning, if your own parents don't love you then who will? You may find someone someday, but by then you're most likely going to be messed up in the head, have not learned anything from your parents, have lack of education, etc etc when there are so many good people out there that can't even have their own kids for whatever reason.

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#17600 Nov 6, 2013
LizW wrote:
I wonder if more people are getting Shingles now and that's why the vaccine is being advertised so often. Last spring when my sister first broke out in the rash she was thinking she had shingles, I googled shingles and it looked like them, but the doctor said it would be rare for someone her age to get shingles. <quoted text>
Do they itch and did your sister ever get rid of it or find a solution?
Mon Cheri

Bethlehem, PA

#17601 Nov 6, 2013
I've read that the Shingles vaccine can actually lower your immune system. I already have a compromised immune system due to Hashimoto's disease - hypothyroidism. Not sure if I want to risk it. While there is the risk of me possibly getting Shingles in the future, I don't think I'll be getting the vaccine. There is an active virus in that vaccine and I don't need an instant attack on my body and I have no way of knowing what the outcome of that would be. My body is already attacking itself thanks to Hashimoto's disease.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Brother Love

#17602 Nov 6, 2013
My sister had a severe allergic reaction to medication which caused the rash. They call it Dress syndrome. There's no known antidote for dress syndrome except to wait it out until the medication works it's way out of your system. She was in the hospital for over a month, the doctor thought it would take 2-3 months before the medication was totally out of her system. It's been about 9 months so far and she's still having side effect although not nearly as severe. They tried steroids and different creams for the rash and after about a month that was somewhat under control. It's gone for the most part but every once in awhile pops back up in different places. It's more than just a rash, it caused her to have seizures, extremely low blood counts, lung infections and caused her mind to be very confused. It was a nightmare but things are better now.
She's not getting the flu shot this year, we're afraid of what that could trigger.
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>Do they itch and did your sister ever get rid of it or find a solution?

“That's all folks...”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

#17603 Nov 6, 2013
Good morning everyone~~
Mousie, I hope you have a good day!

Thanks everyone for the input on the little girl.
Her name is, Emani Moss.

This will be carried on the news out of Atlanta
as it unfolds.

We have to turn this around and start giving the
rights to these children, not the mean ass monster
parents'.
Okay, I'll shut-up now...

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#17604 Nov 6, 2013
Maverick 808 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm blind!!!
I'm deaf!
I lost my sense of smell!
I lost my sense of taste!
Well, I'll be honest....I think I lost my common sense a long time ago.
Dang it! At least put a warning up before you post something like that!
:
lol~
Next time I'll holler~~DON'T LOOK ETHEL...
Remember that crazy song from the funny, Ray Stevens?

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#17605 Nov 6, 2013
On the shingles vaccine~~
Did you have chicken pox as a kid?
If you can't remember, then perhaps a family
member can.
What is the sense in taking the shingles vac
if you're not in danger of developing them because
you never had chicken pox.

My quandary is this, I remember having CP when I
was about six and I remember the agonizing itch
and being coated in pink calamine lotion.
I was a sight to behold.
But I'm still hesitant to take the vaccine.

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#17606 Nov 6, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
On the shingles vaccine~~
Did you have chicken pox as a kid?
If you can't remember, then perhaps a family
member can.
What is the sense in taking the shingles vac
if you're not in danger of developing them because
you never had chicken pox.
My quandary is this, I remember having CP when I
was about six and I remember the agonizing itch
and being coated in pink calamine lotion.
I was a sight to behold.
But I'm still hesitant to take the vaccine.
Is a rash a form of Shingles?

The reason I ask is I had chick pox as a kid and a few years ago I got this small rash, well the more I scratched it the worse it got and it did itch. It was on my side near my love handles and I went to the doctor 3 times and each time the quack gave me something totally different? First time he thought I might be stressed out and gave me valum and told me to take it all, didn't work, next time it was ointment and that didn't work, last time it had spread because I couldn't stop scratching and he gave me some body lice crap and told me to cover myself in the smelly crap, it burned up my skin but didn't help my problem and I went to 2 different doctors.

I myself found an extremely good solution, a freaking hair dryer! lol

It sounds crazy but it woks great and it's sort of addicting, it's that good burn lol. So ever now and then it will pop back up and I use the hair dryer, it feels excellent and it stops the itching for like 8 hours, meanwhile the rash starts going away because I'm not scratching it.

When it does pop up, it's always isolated in a small area, either my love handles or mid section.

So if you ever get a rash, try a hard dryer, its a cheap fix that does work!

I asked my mom about it and she thinks it might be related or caused by shingles, but I always heard they were painful? My problem isn't painful, just itchy.

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#17607 Nov 6, 2013
LizW wrote:
My sister had a severe allergic reaction to medication which caused the rash. They call it Dress syndrome. There's no known antidote for dress syndrome except to wait it out until the medication works it's way out of your system. She was in the hospital for over a month, the doctor thought it would take 2-3 months before the medication was totally out of her system. It's been about 9 months so far and she's still having side effect although not nearly as severe. They tried steroids and different creams for the rash and after about a month that was somewhat under control. It's gone for the most part but every once in awhile pops back up in different places. It's more than just a rash, it caused her to have seizures, extremely low blood counts, lung infections and caused her mind to be very confused. It was a nightmare but things are better now.
She's not getting the flu shot this year, we're afraid of what that could trigger. <quoted text>
Have her try the hair dryer next time?

Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Princeton, WV

#17608 Nov 6, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>Have her try the hair dryer next time?
Or a gun.

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#17609 Nov 6, 2013
Ricky~~
Shingles affects everyone differently, depending on
where the attack on the body is.
I've heard of it attacking people on their waistline around their entire girth.
I think the face attacks can be brutal for some.

You mentioning the hair dryer~~that works for an
ear ache, too.
Not directly in the ear, on neck area below ear,
low blow and setting on warm.

Even better, rub a little Vick's on the area before
using dryer.

Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Princeton, WV

#17610 Nov 6, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>Is a rash a form of Shingles?
The reason I ask is I had chick pox as a kid and a few years ago I got this small rash, well the more I scratched it the worse it got and it did itch. It was on my side near my love handles and I went to the doctor 3 times and each time the quack gave me something totally different? First time he thought I might be stressed out and gave me valum and told me to take it all, didn't work, next time it was ointment and that didn't work, last time it had spread because I couldn't stop scratching and he gave me some body lice crap and told me to cover myself in the smelly crap, it burned up my skin but didn't help my problem and I went to 2 different doctors.
I myself found an extremely good solution, a freaking hair dryer! lol
It sounds crazy but it woks great and it's sort of addicting, it's that good burn lol. So ever now and then it will pop back up and I use the hair dryer, it feels excellent and it stops the itching for like 8 hours, meanwhile the rash starts going away because I'm not scratching it.
When it does pop up, it's always isolated in a small area, either my love handles or mid section.
So if you ever get a rash, try a hard dryer, its a cheap fix that does work!
I asked my mom about it and she thinks it might be related or caused by shingles, but I always heard they were painful? My problem isn't painful, just itchy.
yuck ricky, you have shingles, live with your mom at your old age. things are looking up.

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#17611 Nov 6, 2013
Article on shingles on WebMD.

http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatm...
Murph

Wichita, KS

#17612 Nov 6, 2013
Mousie--I want you to know I will be praying for you tomorrow and everyone who comes to my house will be praying, also.

Hang Tough, Lady. You are going to be fine as frog's hair in no time.

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#17613 Nov 6, 2013
Hey Murph..good to see you here.

Got in late tonight again..had to get my nightly blood supply, had a great night with all my bat friends. Wow, Old Bella can party down to be 200yrs old. He looked just like Hugh Hefner.

Hope all is well with you, your family, your furbabies and all the ladies on IL.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 40 min Anne 96,652
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Brian_G 49,220
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 hr John Galt 1,154,077
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 5 hr Ellen 490,196
Jodi Arias: Does the state have the goods to co... (Mar '13) 8 hr AN is me 26,190
Has anyone ever had a new appliance fail multip... (Mar '12) 13 hr Cheyenne Autumn 9
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 15 hr Murph 70,608
Orlando Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Orlando News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Orlando

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:40 am PST

NBC Sports 6:40AM
Bortles: We showed the country who we are
NBC Sports11:45 AM
Just like old (sad) times: Buccaneers double-digit home underdogs vs. Packers
NBC Sports 1:39 PM
Young Jaguars piecing together key building blocks - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 8:19 PM
Ranking Packers' Best Wins over Buccaneers
Bleacher Report 9:00 AM
Start 'Em, Sit 'Em Week 16: Debating Difficult Fantasy Football Lineup Decisions