Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#17621 Nov 7, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
Ricky~~
Shingles affects everyone differently, depending on
where the attack on the body is.
I've heard of it attacking people on their waistline around their entire girth.
I think the face attacks can be brutal for some.
You mentioning the hair dryer~~that works for an
ear ache, too.
Not directly in the ear, on neck area below ear,
low blow and setting on warm.
Even better, rub a little Vick's on the area before
using dryer.
Another thing that works with an ear ache or some ear aches is having someone blow cigarette smoke in it.

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#17622 Nov 7, 2013
doodles unleashed wrote:
<quoted text>
yuck ricky, you have shingles, live with your mom at your old age. things are looking up.
I guess you are perfect huh?

Who said I had singles, I said I wasn't sure what it is and I rarely comes around but hey I'll take that over what a lot of other people have, as for me that's my only health issues (knock on wood).

Live with mom, no but I'm going to tell her what you said lol.

“That's all folks...”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

#17623 Nov 7, 2013
LizW wrote:
Is it me or does the topix page look different?
It's not just you Liz~
mine looks different too. It sure is plain and ugly.
All they did was make more room for more commercials.
Murph

Derby, KS

#17624 Nov 7, 2013
RaceCityUsa wrote:
Hey Murph..good to see you here.
Got in late tonight again..had to get my nightly blood supply, had a great night with all my bat friends. Wow, Old Bella can party down to be 200yrs old. He looked just like Hugh Hefner.
Hope all is well with you, your family, your furbabies and all the ladies on IL.
All is well. You may have noticed on FB that I am promoting the bejunior outta Operation Christmas Child. It finally dawned on me that time was running out and I didn't even know where to get the boxes. Up until 3 years ago, when our food pantry needs became so great, this was a project DIL and I enjoyed doing every year. The rules have changed and the boxes have changed. We used to have to save our shoe boxes for this. Now they want us to use their boxes--only I had no idea where to get them. I called the 800 number for the national office and talked to a sweet lady who seemed surprised that there was state named Kansas. She referred me to a regional number. This lady checked into it and told me the church that was doing it locally. Turns out, my friend and neighbor (next door neighbor) is in charge of them for this area. She is bringing me the boxes this morning. When I told her I had called the national then regional offices, she said, "I thought you Knew!"
Nope, I didn't know. I always have to learn stuff the hard way.

She said she is going with the group that will be taking the boxes to Denver, where they will be picked up by the national group for overseas distribution.

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#17625 Nov 7, 2013
LizW wrote:
My sister and I aren't even positive that we had chicken pox. I don't remember having them but I'm assuming we did since when my older kids got them we never contracted them. By the time Noah was born there was a vaccine for chicken pox so he's never had them. I'm asked my Mom and she doesn't remember. She thinks one of us had chicken pox or measles but isn't sure. Kind of doubt we had measles, isn't that a vaccine you get as a baby.<quoted text>
I don't think the measles vaccine was invented until the late
60's or early 70's. My son was in the first generation to receive
it along with all the other required vaccinations for school.

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#17626 Nov 7, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>Another thing that works with an ear ache or some ear aches is having someone blow cigarette smoke in it.
Will just any old smoke, do~~
You know, does it have to be cigarette smoke?
(inquiring minds want to know)

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#17627 Nov 7, 2013
Hey b-a-b-y~~
Got an ear ache coming on, blow a little smoke in
my ear, will ya?

Level 7

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#17628 Nov 7, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>Another thing that works with an ear ache or some ear aches is having someone blow cigarette smoke in it.
I have heard this, smoke is suppose to also help a toothache.

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#17629 Nov 7, 2013
The Real Missy wrote:
<quoted text>
Missy~~
on the smoke helping a toothache, maybe you're thinking
wet tobacco?

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#17630 Nov 7, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
Will just any old smoke, do~~
You know, does it have to be cigarette smoke?
(inquiring minds want to know)
lol some smoke will make you feel much better (lol), but as for the cigarette smoke, when I was like 9 years old, we went to the ocean and I ended up getting a bad ear ache from swimming, anyway on the way back it was really bothering me and my mom, who was a smoker back then, said turn your head and blew smoke into my ear and it really did alleviated the pressure somehow?

I guess it was an old trick the older generations used?

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#17631 Nov 7, 2013
The Real Missy wrote:
<quoted text>
That one I've never heard of lol, but I can't dispel it either after the smoke in the ear trick!

I wonder if blowing pot smoke in someone's ear will get them high? lol

Cov or Ruby can you answer this one? lolol

“Dragon my tail.”

Since: Jun 09

Wherever

#17632 Nov 7, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>That one I've never heard of lol, but I can't dispel it either after the smoke in the ear trick!
I wonder if blowing pot smoke in someone's ear will get them high? lol
Cov or Ruby can you answer this one? lolol
How would I know? LOL--I've never blown smoke in someone's ear. I don't think it would though. But I do know when I was little and had an earache, my dad would hold me on his shoulder and just talk softly into the ear and the warm breath would make it feel better. Or maybe it was just being held in my dad's arms that made it feel better.

Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Princeton, WV

#17633 Nov 7, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>I guess you are perfect huh?
Who said I had singles, I said I wasn't sure what it is and I rarely comes around but hey I'll take that over what a lot of other people have, as for me that's my only health issues (knock on wood).
Live with mom, no but I'm going to tell her what you said lol.
I am perfect Ricky, good call!Now go clean your room.

“Illegitimi non carborundum”

Since: Apr 10

#17635 Nov 7, 2013
Hi everyone!

Has anyone heard an update on Mousie? Thoughts and prayers for her daily.
Murph

Derby, KS

#17636 Nov 7, 2013
DazzleDat wrote:
Hi everyone!
I hope everyone is praying or sending up positive thoughts for Mousie. Eagerly waiting for someone to post that they have heard from her and that the surgery went well.
I am also praying for no after-surgery complications.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#17637 Nov 8, 2013
Good Morning All

Has anyone had any snow yet? We were suppose to get flurries but none so far.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#17638 Nov 8, 2013
Murph is that where thy give you a list of items a certain child wants or needs?
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
All is well. You may have noticed on FB that I am promoting the bejunior outta Operation Christmas Child. It finally dawned on me that time was running out and I didn't even know where to get the boxes. Up until 3 years ago, when our food pantry needs became so great, this was a project DIL and I enjoyed doing every year. The rules have changed and the boxes have changed. We used to have to save our shoe boxes for this. Now they want us to use their boxes--only I had no idea where to get them. I called the 800 number for the national office and talked to a sweet lady who seemed surprised that there was state named Kansas. She referred me to a regional number. This lady checked into it and told me the church that was doing it locally. Turns out, my friend and neighbor (next door neighbor) is in charge of them for this area. She is bringing me the boxes this morning. When I told her I had called the national then regional offices, she said, "I thought you Knew!"
Nope, I didn't know. I always have to learn stuff the hard way.
She said she is going with the group that will be taking the boxes to Denver, where they will be picked up by the national group for overseas distribution.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#17639 Nov 8, 2013
Frigs. Now I don't know what vaccines we had, but I do remember the school nurse lining everyone up for a shot with this gun type thing back in what must have been the late 60's. It was pretty terrifying.
rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think the measles vaccine was invented until the late
60's or early 70's. My son was in the first generation to receive
it along with all the other required vaccinations for school.

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#17640 Nov 8, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>How would I know? LOL--I've never blown smoke in someone's ear. I don't think it would though. But I do know when I was little and had an earache, my dad would hold me on his shoulder and just talk softly into the ear and the warm breath would make it feel better. Or maybe it was just being held in my dad's arms that made it feel better.
lol

Maybe that is the trick, the warm air?

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#17641 Nov 8, 2013
DazzleDat wrote:
Hi everyone!
Hey Dazzle!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Coffee Party 1,599,807
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 26 min Mary NY 513,593
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 5 hr zazz 98,512
News Mansion's reverend has skeletons in his closet (Jul '08) 18 hr DiLeos D 220
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Mon Into The Night 63,970
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) Sun Murph 73,838
Billiards/ Pool Tables Sep 15 AceSnooker 1

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages