“Dragon my tail.”

Since: Jun 09

Wherever

#17579 Nov 5, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is the skywalk?
I think Rickster mentioned going there recently.
I don't know if I would like something like that,
sounds like it could make someone who is afraid
of heights want to barf like seasickness.
I do believe that's at the grand canyon. I think I'd have to pass on that particular thrill.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#17580 Nov 5, 2013
Mixen Vixen wrote:
Hi Covas
Nice to *see* ya.
Have a Nice Night
Howdy! Good to "see" you, too. Hope you've been doing well.

“Dragon my tail.”

Wherever

#17581 Nov 5, 2013
LizW wrote:
Good Morning All
Has anyone ever been to a Stein Mart store before? We got one here a couple years ago but last weekend was the first time I ever went. They have great prices on name brand items. It's kind of a cross between Marshalls and Macy's.
We've got one and Kristen and I have been there. I didn't like it. I found it to be more like a TJ MAXX. Prices were good, but even Kristen didn't find anything she liked.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#17582 Nov 5, 2013
Has anyone had the Shingles vaccine?

My sister and I ate the other night at a hibachi restaurant ( where they seat you with strangers). The woman next to me was about 60-70 yrs old and when I first saw her I thought maybe she had a facelift that was just a little too tight, something seemed off. Over the course of dinner we started talking and she was saying something and thought I didn't understand her. She said " excuse me I just had shingles last year and my speech is still a bit impaired. I told her no problem I understood her perfectly and didn't notice any speech impediments.

So you know how they've been having all thought shingle vaccination commercials on and it shows the people with rashes covering their bodies, well this lady didn't have the rash, her shingles were internal. I never even heard of that before. She went to the doctor with what she thought was a ear infection, got antibiotic's and never healed. Finally after a month the doctor figured out what the problem was. It paralyzed her face and part of one side of her body. She gets PT a couple times a week, and told me she tells everyone she sees to get the vaccine. She had it a couple months ago but since she's already had shingles the doctor can't be sure she won't get them again.
Murph

Derby, KS

#17583 Nov 5, 2013
LizW wrote:
Has anyone had the Shingles vaccine?
My sister and I ate the other night at a hibachi restaurant ( where they seat you with strangers). The woman next to me was about 60-70 yrs old and when I first saw her I thought maybe she had a facelift that was just a little too tight, something seemed off. Over the course of dinner we started talking and she was saying something and thought I didn't understand her. She said " excuse me I just had shingles last year and my speech is still a bit impaired. I told her no problem I understood her perfectly and didn't notice any speech impediments.
So you know how they've been having all thought shingle vaccination commercials on and it shows the people with rashes covering their bodies, well this lady didn't have the rash, her shingles were internal. I never even heard of that before. She went to the doctor with what she thought was a ear infection, got antibiotic's and never healed. Finally after a month the doctor figured out what the problem was. It paralyzed her face and part of one side of her body. She gets PT a couple times a week, and told me she tells everyone she sees to get the vaccine. She had it a couple months ago but since she's already had shingles the doctor can't be sure she won't get them again.
My aunt and uncle both had shingles and they suffered so much it scared me to death. I got the shingles shot.
Before they had it, I thought of it as just an irritating rash.
It can be very brutal. I would encourage Everyone to get the shot.

Level 7

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#17584 Nov 5, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireS tory/ga-girl-found-trash-bin-r un-20784484
I'll post the link for those who want to read this.
The latest I heard on the local news this morning was, the little girl was starved to death.
How does something like this happen in our society?
There was every possible sign of child abuse...
So very sad!

“That's all folks...”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

#17585 Nov 5, 2013
The Real Missy wrote:
<quoted text>
So very sad!
Yes it is sad~~
What gets me, is the little girl lived with her grandmother
was happy there and her grandmother wanted her!

They took her from her granny and gave her back to the abusers.

I don't want either one of them to be given the death penalty.
I want them both to get life, then turned out in general prison
population where the other inmates knows what they did.
Brad

Summerland Key, FL

#17586 Nov 5, 2013
Just anyone should not be allowed to have children. Too many people these days have children just to get Government money for those children, only to spend on themselves ignoring the children that the money was for in the first place. There should be an extensive testing system that first time Parents have to take. The test must be designed to be a very difficult one for the first time Mom or Dad. It must reveal that these parents (to be) really want this child to love and cherish, Not to torture, use and neglect like so many have done. There is no crime so cruel than to use, neglect or harm a child in any way. Unfortunately people just don't use protection and Children are the ones that suffer for that, not the ignorant People parenting them.

Brad

Summerland Key, FL

#17587 Nov 5, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it is sad~~
What gets me, is the little girl lived with her grandmother
was happy there and her grandmother wanted her!
They took her from her granny and gave her back to the abusers.
I don't want either one of them to be given the death penalty.
I want them both to get life, then turned out in general prison
population where the other inmates knows what they did.
The girl would have been fine if not for the selfish parents...There has to be a special place reserved in Hell for people like them.

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#17588 Nov 5, 2013
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
The girl would have been fine if not for the selfish parents...There has to be a special place reserved in Hell for people like them.
I think as a society we are more concerned with the parental
rights, in the mean time (pun intended) a preventable tragedy
is happening.
It's time for the children to have the rights.

Then burning her in a trash can, I can't wrap my brain around
that. These people lived in an apartment complex, didn't anyone
see anything?
Where were they when they did this horrendous deed~was she still
alive?
~shutter~

Level 7

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#17589 Nov 5, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
is happening.
see anything?
alive?
~shutter~
I can't even begin to imagine how anyone could do something so horrible.

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#17590 Nov 5, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>We've got one and Kristen and I have been there. I didn't like it. I found it to be more like a TJ MAXX. Prices were good, but even Kristen didn't find anything she liked.
I've bought some nice stuff from, Tuesday Morning.
I'm not too fond of them anymore, stores seem to be
shabby and some products just not up to standard as
advertised in the sales flyer.

I like to window shop on the internet and at one time
really liked ebay. They are now almost non-exist and ebay
is pushing international sales. That's not setting well
with a lot of people.

STM

“PROUD MEMBER OF THE”

Level 8

Since: Feb 09

Blue Lives Matter

#17591 Nov 5, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
is happening.
see anything?
alive?
~shutter~
Local news reports said she starved to death and was dead at least two days prior to the burning. This is the second death of 12 year olds that we're in the DFACS system this month. DFACS dropped the ball IMO.
Brad

Summerland Key, FL

#17592 Nov 5, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
is happening.
see anything?
alive?
~shutter~
I can't imagine how anyone could do such things to anyone, let alone your own flesh and blood. It looks like the people in the apartment complex are as screwed up as the parents trying to incinerate their child in a Public dumpster so they can continue to get welfare for the child they could care less about from the get go...

I can only hope the baby wasn't still breathing when set a fire. A place in hell awaits the killers...I have not really followed that case, but the horrendous circumstances just make me scratch my head? How can you kill your own Baby? A Human being? A animal? Even particular bugs get a green light with me as I age gracefully.:)
Brad

Summerland Key, FL

#17593 Nov 5, 2013
STM wrote:
<quoted text>
Local news reports said she starved to death and was dead at least two days prior to the burning. This is the second death of 12 year olds that we're in the DFACS system this month. DFACS dropped the ball IMO.
Hey Stop,
Unfortunately DFACS dropped the ball in many, many other instances/States. How it is possible for them to really keep up with all the Families that need their help is a mystery to me? They are under staffed and always have been. They are under trained to do the job...Not enough money in the system for it to work correctly for "All" the kids....It seems to be a pattern in the US...There is simply not enough money and/or adequately trained personnel in mass to solve all the problems imo. Some fall through the cracks unfortunately.
Brad

Summerland Key, FL

#17594 Nov 5, 2013
The Real Missy wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't even begin to imagine how anyone could do something so horrible.
None of us can? Seems like there is a new story about some other child every few days...The Internet makes all of these stories more prevalent now. I would be kind of afraid to be a kid these days. So much pressure to just be yourself with the iphone cameras, computer facebooks to pear in to peoples lives. Nothing is private anymore with the youth today. They put it all out there at their own risk and peril at times.
Brad

Summerland Key, FL

#17595 Nov 5, 2013

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#17597 Nov 6, 2013
Good Morning All

Mousie Good Luck Thursday. We're all thinking about you.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#17598 Nov 6, 2013
I wonder if more people are getting Shingles now and that's why the vaccine is being advertised so often. Last spring when my sister first broke out in the rash she was thinking she had shingles, I googled shingles and it looked like them, but the doctor said it would be rare for someone her age to get shingles.
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
My aunt and uncle both had shingles and they suffered so much it scared me to death. I got the shingles shot.
Before they had it, I thought of it as just an irritating rash.
It can be very brutal. I would encourage Everyone to get the shot.

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#17599 Nov 6, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireS tory/ga-girl-found-trash-bin-r un-20784484
I'll post the link for those who want to read this.
The latest I heard on the local news this morning was, the little girl was starved to death.
How does something like this happen in our society?
There was every possible sign of child abuse...
Kids like that don't even have a chance from the beginning, if your own parents don't love you then who will? You may find someone someday, but by then you're most likely going to be messed up in the head, have not learned anything from your parents, have lack of education, etc etc when there are so many good people out there that can't even have their own kids for whatever reason.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min Grey Ghost 1,579,392
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 5 hr Murphey_Law 513,416
Song Title Game (Apr '15) 9 hr Princess Hey 704
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 9 hr Princess Hey 19,689
Word Association 2 (Jul '10) 9 hr Princess Hey 23,118
two words (Jul '10) 9 hr Princess Hey 28,193
Double Fun Word Game (Mar '11) 9 hr Princess Hey 13,398

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages