Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

rubygoober wrote:
His latest hoarding buy was Pinto Beans~~
From a Mexican market that was going out of
business.
Where does he find these places, I ask???
Has Curlie started wearing a Sombrero, a Serape and taking a Siesta in the afternoon?

Pinto Beans?? Mexican Pinto Beans?? You sure they don't jump? My kin call them Soup Beans. I have a GREAT recipe for Soup Beans, I'll be happy to share.

“The old bat lost weight”

Since: Jan 12

Dalton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

RaceCityUsa wrote:
<quoted text>
Has Curlie started wearing a Sombrero, a Serape and taking a Siesta in the afternoon?
Pinto Beans?? Mexican Pinto Beans?? You sure they don't jump? My kin call them Soup Beans. I have a GREAT recipe for Soup Beans, I'll be happy to share.
W-e-l-l-----
On the soup bean recipe, I would really like to have it but I just
received the sad news my stove will not be working on the very day
I'm supposed to try your wonderful recipe...
BUMMER!!!

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
W-e-l-l-----
On the soup bean recipe, I would really like to have it but I just
received the sad news my stove will not be working on the very day
I'm supposed to try your wonderful recipe...
BUMMER!!!
Oh don't fret over that Ruby...I'll just make a big pot and bring it into Chat and post the recipe here. I sure wouldn't want anyone missing out on my "good ole' down home cooking".

Now my cornbread isn't the best, maybe another of the gourmet cooks here will bring that in.

You want to bring the forks?

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

The Real Missy wrote:
<quoted text>
Were they the dried beans? I love pinto beans with ham with corn bread..
Missy, I've never bought any Pinto/Great Northern beans that weren't dried and soaked in water overnight, then rinse, rinse, rinse. Slow cook all day with ham. Serve with chopped onion and corn bread.

Level 7

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

RaceCityUsa wrote:
<quoted text>
Missy, I've never bought any Pinto/Great Northern beans that weren't dried and soaked in water overnight, then rinse, rinse, rinse. Slow cook all day with ham. Serve with chopped onion and corn bread.
That's how I cook mine, but I only do it about once every 5 years or so because my husband doesn't like them. I love them with fried potatoes.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

A plan in motion

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Good Morning All

What's up with everyone and the beans? Murph was saying her son has a big outdoor bean bake every year.
We do Grandma Browns a few time a year too, but that's it. Cornbread once a year and we're good to go for the year.

Level 7

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

LizW wrote:
Good Morning All
What's up with everyone and the beans? Murph was saying her son has a big outdoor bean bake every year.
We do Grandma Browns a few time a year too, but that's it. Cornbread once a year and we're good to go for the year.
Good morning everyone! It's so foggy outside you can't see anything.
Liz, I love cornbread. Every time I make beef stew I make cornbread. My Grandpa use to put his cornbread in a glass of milk and eat it with a spoon. I tried it when I was a little girl and didn't like it, but I tried it years later and loved it.

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

I Be Mousie wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank's friend. Pain is off the chart today.
Need all the prayers and thoughts I can get.
Hang in there Mousie, sending positive thoughts your way!

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

The Real Missy wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning everyone! It's so foggy outside you can't see anything.
Liz, I love cornbread. Every time I make beef stew I make cornbread. My Grandpa use to put his cornbread in a glass of milk and eat it with a spoon. I tried it when I was a little girl and didn't like it, but I tried it years later and loved it.
Prob because of the weather coming in? Here in DFW we're expecting a lot of rain and it's moving northeast.

“ON TRAIL W / DONKEY!”

Level 5

Since: Oct 08

I HAVE BAD JOCK ITCH!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

A traveling salesman came to Goshen Hill for a few days, selling his wares from door to door. He was a friendly man with a warm grin and a joke for everyone. He was accompanied by a large white dog that rode on the wagon beside him; companion, friend, and guardian of his wares.

The salesman and dog were making their way out of town when a murder was discovered in one of the places in which they had sported their wares. Suspicion blossomed at once against the stranger—certainly no one the townsfolk knew was capable of committing such a crime!—and a lynch mob chased the salesman out of town and strung him up on a tree beside the road.

The white dog howled and barked and roared as the mob carried his master away. More than one man was bitten as the salesman, still screaming out his innocence, was silenced forever. One fellow finally shot his gun at the white dog, wounding it enough to send it whimpering away. It soon became obvious to everyone in town that they’d hanged the wrong man. The corpse, dangling obscenely from the tree on Old Buncombe Road, was a grisly reminder of the community crime. They’d have cut down the salesman and given him a decent burial, but the white dog stood guard over his master’s corpse day after day, savagely threatening anyone who came near the hanging tree. So the salesman’s body withered and rotted underneath the tree beside the road, filling the air with a terrible stench as it desiccated in the summer heat. It was many weeks before body and dog disappeared from the Old Buncombe Road.
A few months later, a man who'd participated in the salesman's lynching happened to be walking down Old Buncome Road at night. As he drew near the hanging tree, his nose wrinkled in disgust as a whiff of rotten flesh swept past his face amd his stomach roiled. He staggered backward, his arm over his nose, wondering what was causing the terrible stench. Then he spotted the hanging tree, and saw upon it a glowing, desiccated corpse dangling obscenely by the neck from one of its branches. And beneath the ghostly figure stood a huge, white dog with glowing red eyes.

The dog growled menacingly when he saw the man on the road, and the man stumbled backward over the rut in the center of the road and then started to run. With an ear-shattering series of barks, the white dog pursued the fleeing man with supernatural speed. The man whipped this way and that, spinning around, leaping into the woods to dodge around trees, trying to avoid the huge dog snapping at his heels. If he fell, the dog would be at his throat immediately.

The man crashed headlong into a tree and flung himself upward. Below him, the ghost dog leapt, and sharp teeth closed on the man's hand. Pain ripped through him, and he climbed higher, trying to shake off the glowing beast.“Let go!” he screamed, kicking at it again. Suddenly, the white dog turned to mist before his eyes and swirled away. Realizing that the white dog might reappear at any moment, the man seized his chance. He slithered down the tree and ran all the way home. His wife sent a neighbor to fetch the doctor, who stitched up his hand as best he could. The white dog had nearly severed the palm, and the nerves were so badly damaged that he was crippled in that hand for the rest of his life.
The man later learned that every person who had participated in the lynching of the salesman was attacked by the ghost of the white dog. Many—like himself—were crippled in some way. As for the fellow who’d shot and injured the white dog—well, his four-year-old son disappeared and was never seen again...

Level 9

Since: Sep 11

Weeki Wachee, Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

RaceCityUsa wrote:
<quoted text>
So do my kin. They're from WV and Ohio. I thought it was a regional thing since I've never heard anyone else use it before.

Tunnel Hill, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

Good morning~~
So our topic this morning is beans, hu?

I don't know why, but my mother never cooked
Pinto Beans when I was growing up.

When she did cook beans, she called them by name
such as, baby limas, navy beans, Big limas. etc.

She sometimes made cornbread, but more often than
not, beans were served with fresh Cuban bread,
slathered in real butter.
The butter was bought from a local dairy store.
It was sooooooo good.

Level 9

Since: Sep 11

Weeki Wachee, Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

rubygoober wrote:
Good morning~~
So our topic this morning is beans, hu?
I don't know why, but my mother never cooked
Pinto Beans when I was growing up.
When she did cook beans, she called them by name
such as, baby limas, navy beans, Big limas. etc.
She sometimes made cornbread, but more often than
not, beans were served with fresh Cuban bread,
slathered in real butter.
The butter was bought from a local dairy store.
It was sooooooo good.
I make cornbread with chili. My dad made the beans at our house. I don't eat them. Never did like them.

Tunnel Hill, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

Spooky Mulder wrote:
<quoted text>
I make cornbread with chili. My dad made the beans at our house. I don't eat them. Never did like them.
Cornbread with chili is a good combo~
I usually fix a pot of rice when I make
chili. I can take it or leave it, but Curlie
doesn't think it's civilized to have chili without
a bed of rice~~lol

Tunnel Hill, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

RaceCityUsa wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh don't fret over that Ruby...I'll just make a big pot and bring it into Chat and post the recipe here. I sure wouldn't want anyone missing out on my "good ole' down home cooking".
Now my cornbread isn't the best, maybe another of the gourmet cooks here will bring that in.
You want to bring the forks?
Why am I the only one who is ever asked to bring the forks?
A couple of years ago it got me in trouble.
I told Ron he could eat Thanksgiving dinner at CDP, the only
stipulation was, he had to use a spork...

“Elegant Roses”

Since: Jun 09

Cov's hooking workshop

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
Why am I the only one who is ever asked to bring the forks?
A couple of years ago it got me in trouble.
I told Ron he could eat Thanksgiving dinner at CDP, the only
stipulation was, he had to use a spork...
You can bring the napkins, too, if that will make you feel better.

Level 6

Since: Aug 10

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

Hey all my dear friends. First time I can think half way
straight today, I just wanted to say thank's,I want you all to know that I can feel each and every one of you in the middle of the night when I pray to God to take the pain away I talk to one of you. I am not going to drug myself now as I will need it next week.I want to learn and appreciate my family and friends. I do not even lock my door any more and friends have walked in and out all day.This is going to be a learning experience for me and I will share the best with you.
Love to each of you.

Level 6

Since: Aug 10

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

I so want turkey and dumplings,not too long away.

Since: Oct 13

@ my house

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

You buzzards are pretty boring.

“Elegant Roses”

Since: Jun 09

Cov's hooking workshop

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

Dear Sniff--so why do you read here? Chill out and let us old buzzards just chit chat.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

48 Users are viewing the Orlando Forum right now

Search the Orlando Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min DBWriter 1,084,224
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 19 min truth-facts 45,906
Teen Challenge Exposed By Action 9 News (Feb '08) 3 hr phone room employee 3
What life is like for Casey Anthony 5 hr Lon Spector 65
Moving from Dublin to Orlando! 5 hr irish_girl28 1
Casey Anthony maintains baby sitter was not fab... 6 hr Lon Spector 172
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 7 hr Murph 70,408
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 8 hr The Real Missyfit 484,396
•••
•••
•••
Orlando Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••