Level 9

Since: Sep 11

Weeki Wachee, Florida

#17161 Oct 19, 2013
LizW wrote:
Good Morning All
We went to a wedding last night. The wedding was beautiful and the ceremony was right next to the lake. No cake again.........I'm not sure what kids have against cake.
The reception was in a beautiful wedding tent. It would have been perfect if it was a tad bit warmer than 45 degrees last night.
Maybe wedding cake has just gotten too expensive. I know they want more money than it's worth. But birthdays and weddings are my only occasions to eat cake anymore. I won't bake it or buy it. In fact, I quit baking anything sweet. We were just gaining too much weight.

Level 7

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#17162 Oct 19, 2013
Spooky Mulder wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe wedding cake has just gotten too expensive. I know they want more money than it's worth. But birthdays and weddings are my only occasions to eat cake anymore. I won't bake it or buy it. In fact, I quit baking anything sweet. We were just gaining too much weight.
I love homemade cakes and cookies, but I don't make them often. I ended up giving my bread maker away because of how fattening it was.

Level 9

Since: Sep 11

Weeki Wachee, Florida

#17163 Oct 19, 2013
The Real Missy wrote:
<quoted text>
I love homemade cakes and cookies, but I don't make them often. I ended up giving my bread maker away because of how fattening it was.
I used to bake bread all the time. I stopped that too. Nothing smells as good as bread baking. We couldn't wait for it to cool done.

Level 3

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#17164 Oct 19, 2013
The Real Missy wrote:
<quoted text>
I love all that and more! White bread is soooooo good fresh and hot, but white bread has no nutritional value what so ever. It is bad for the body. I refuse to give up cake, my butt is better off in the long run.

Level 3

Location hidden

#17165 Oct 19, 2013
Spooky Mulder wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to bake bread all the time. I stopped that too. Nothing smells as good as bread baking. We couldn't wait for it to cool done.
Baking Bread is wonderful smelling! I can't stand it, am off to bake a loaf.........I have such willpower don't I.
Murph

United States

#17166 Oct 19, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
How did you know I tried jumping off my roof wearing my bat wings?
I just don't understand it, it worked on the tv show.
Nah, nothing that exciting, I grabbed the back of a folding lawn
chair to catch my balance, it folded and I folded with it.
It was like in slow motion and I sure wasn't anticipating the
landing. It was rough...
I got a video of you taking off from the roof. I figure keeping that quiet is going to keep me in Nice retirement!

Several years ago when it was very icy out, my doctor was telling me that if I started to fall, to go into a free fall. He said it would cause less damage to my back than trying to correct the fall. That is almost impossible to do.

My 'new normal' walk now is three good steps, my right arm flies up and I lurch off to the left. I try to not go out in public.

Get well soon. That sounds lile a very painful fall you took.

Level 3

Location hidden

#17167 Oct 19, 2013
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
I got a video of you taking off from the roof. I figure keeping that quiet is going to keep me in Nice retirement!
Several years ago when it was very icy out, my doctor was telling me that if I started to fall, to go into a free fall. He said it would cause less damage to my back than trying to correct the fall. That is almost impossible to do.
My 'new normal' walk now is three good steps, my right arm flies up and I lurch off to the left. I try to not go out in public.
Howdy Murph, I was just making some Sour Cream Corn Muffins. This recipe sounds Fabulous!
Sour Cream Corn Muffins:
http://breadbaking.about.com/b/2013/10/10/sou...

Have to go bye for now.

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#17168 Oct 19, 2013
Well don't this beat all: Trolls can post pages of their nonsense, but Topix won't let me post my novella's. Get ready..for 522 pages of Race's Novella in 20 posts increments..LOL

Location hidden

#17169 Oct 19, 2013
Whoo..Whoo..the kewl ghoul just got home..wanted to give a shout out to everyone. This night job volunteering to bring in people's blood, really takes a toll on me.

Murph..good to see you as I was flying by on my broom. I'm sorry to read you are having problems with your back and health. Put on your Kung Fu costume and fight that bad boy. Just funning, I hope you are feeling better and will be back in good health soon.
----------

Location hidden

#17170 Oct 19, 2013
Ruby Goober.. a folding lounge chair "bout killed you"..goodness, it really did some damage. If you want I can make you a chair out of Bamboo..Guaranteed that sucker won't collapse. You take it easy and get better.

Location hidden

#17171 Oct 19, 2013
Liz.. I am so sorry that Mr.Whipple has shown a different side of his Puffs on the sidelines, behind the cheerleaders no less! I want to read how Noah is doing (wow he has grown into such a handsome young man) AND..you know I have always been interested in your daughters old house.. and any ghosties that live there..bet there are some.

Location hidden

#17172 Oct 19, 2013
Missy..your g.son is beautiful and if I read back here correctly, you're going to have a new g.daughter any day now. You are blessed.

Location hidden

#17173 Oct 20, 2013
Oh and since we're talking about bread recipes.. this is a great one..everyone that KNOWS ME, knows I am a gourmet cook:

You use only two ingredients and two steps. All you have to do is mix self-rising flour with softened ice cream of choice and bake. Poof! You have bread!

You need ice cream that is not sugar free or low fat...just regular full fat ice cream. This one is made with just chocolate but just imagine how awesome a loaf of Ben and Jerry's Rocky Road or Cherry Garcia bread could be. I have made it with Chunky Monkey and it is delicious. I will include that recipe too so you can try it. Go with bold flavors of ice cream such as peanut butter or butter pecan. Donít forget, you can also add extra ingredients into the mix to make it less plain and more flavorful. Experiment and have fun with it!

I made it with Cherry Garcia Ice Cream..then added maraschino cheeries in and on top/drizzled it with chocolate syrup, then Whip cream.

Low calorie..NO. Not for anyone watching their weight.

Ice Cream Bread

2 cups of your favorite ice cream, softened
1 and 1/2 cups of self rising flour

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour an 8◊4 inch loaf pan. Mix the ice cream and flour together in a bowl just until combined. Smooth it out so it looks even. Bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool for a while and then serve.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#17174 Oct 20, 2013
Good Morning All

Race the two ingredient recipe is right up my alley. In fact I might buy some ice cream this week and try it.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#17175 Oct 20, 2013
I'm not sure what is it but I know for my daughter she was going on about refusing to take pictures standing next to a wedding cake.
My son was in 4-5 weddings this past summer ( I lost track) and only one had a wedding cake. I have no idea how much a wedding cake even costs but the dessert trays the kids are getting are pretty elaborate and can't see being too much less expensive ( if any) than a wedding cake.

It seems here the latest fad here are wedding tents. Most of the different country clubs and golf clubs will have the tents permanently set up on the premises. My daughter's wedding day went from being a beautiful day out, until after dinner sheets of rain were coming down and high winds with tornado warnings. There was about 2 inches of water on the floor of the tent, light fixtures and ceiling fans were swaying and the tent looked like it was ready to collapse at any given moment. As quickly as they could the staff shuttled the guest into the clubhouse but still everyone there ended up getting soaked. Once inside the staff was handing out towels to all the guests. What a disaster!
Spooky Mulder wrote:
<quoted text>

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#17176 Oct 20, 2013
Did you notice that both Missy's GD and GS look exactly like her? I'm figuring the new baby will be a mini Missy too.
RaceCityUsa wrote:
Missy..your g.son is beautiful and if I read back here correctly, you're going to have a new g.daughter any day now. You are blessed.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#17177 Oct 20, 2013
No ghost sightings as far as I know of. They might be waiting for Halloween before they start wandering the halls.

They had a nice stone patio put in this summer with a fire pit, planters and a half stone wall with benches for seating.

Noah is doing well. He's driving now but I'm still taxiing him to school until he can get a parking pass. Once the semester ends the principle will look at grades and decide how many kids will get the remaining parking spots left. For half the day he takes a carpentry class off campus. They're building a house ( they do it every year) and then donate it to charity. He enjoys the class.
He's got a job working weekend nights at a sports bar. He stands out on the parking lot directing traffic. So far no major parking lot crashes so I guess that's going okay.
Football is not going well. The team has only won two games, most of all the starters from Noah's team last year are playing behind seniors, so naturally those boys aren't too stroked. In short, parents are going to the school or writing letters complaining to the athletic director, security is tight at the games. Parents have been asked to leave the stadium, kids who have been with the program 4,5,6 years are just walking off the team.
A couple weeks ago right behind us at a game game one guy was yelling out how much the QB sucked, go figure the QB's Dad was sitting just a few seats away..........that got very ugly.
At this point I think everyone just wants the season to end.
RaceCityUsa wrote:
Liz.. I am so sorry that Mr.Whipple has shown a different side of his Puffs on the sidelines, behind the cheerleaders no less! I want to read how Noah is doing (wow he has grown into such a handsome young man) AND..you know I have always been interested in your daughters old house.. and any ghosties that live there..bet there are some.

“That's all folks...”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

#17178 Oct 20, 2013
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Murph~~
Your doctor is probably right about the free falling, but when
it's happening there's no time to plan a strategy.
Art Linkletter was right on when he said, "old age ain't for sissies."

“That's all folks...”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

#17179 Oct 20, 2013

Pretty song and video~~

Time Passages (Al Stewart)

Level 7

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#17180 Oct 20, 2013
LizW wrote:
Did you notice that both Missy's GD and GS look exactly like her? I'm figuring the new baby will be a mini Missy too.<quoted text>
Well I wish the mini Missy would hurry up and arrive, her mom isn't feeling well at all.
How cold is it in NY? It's been nippy here, I don't like it, I had to turn my heat on. Last year I bought the GD a new coat to put up for this year. I bought it a size bigger then what she wore last year. She put the coat on this morning and it was way to small for her, but her last years coat still fit her. I am thinking the new coat was sized wrong. I am glad her last years coat still fits because I went to the mall today and I couldn't find any coats that she liked. The girl is starting to get very picky..every coat we seen she would say the style isn't her style or she didn't like the sleeves. Something was wrong with every one of them. Lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min USAsince1680 1,382,159
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 21 min Earthling-1 59,445
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 2 hr LizW 513,232
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 2 hr LizW 73,632
News Leader of Orlando-area motorcycle club assaulte... (Nov '07) 11 hr BigD LVMc 761
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 11 hr zazz 98,042
News Suspect Had Quit Rehab (Mar '08) 12 hr JoeBakRotsInHell 134
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages