|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

LizW wrote:
Tribe I'm so sorry about your nephew and your friend.<quoted text>
Thank you, Liz! Like Marce said, such is life. None of us are going to make it out of here alive, but it still hurts like hell. I don't like to see my loved ones or others in pain.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Since: Apr 09

Happytown, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

LizW wrote:
Awwwwww Thanks Tribe. You're one of my favorite posters too.
Did you see that I saw Mr. Whipple last week at a game? We both waved to each other. It was magical.
I'm not sure if there's a Mrs. Whipple or not. Last week I saw a woman who kind of looked like shewas with Mr. Whipple. A couple years ago I saw Mr Whipple sitting with a woman ( not sure if it was the same woman or not).
I'd be naive to think Mr. Whipple doesn't have several women just like me chasing ( stalking) him.
Oh well I can still dream!<quoted text>
I used to work with a "Mr. Whipple." Of course, I was married at the time. The last time I saw him I was pulling a buggy of groceries and a buggy of kids through the grocery store. He looked slightly amused, but he would have ran for the hills and so would I. I love tribe dad. He is my HERO!

Level 3

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

tribe mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, Liz! Like Marce said, such is life. None of us are going to make it out of here alive, but it still hurts like hell. I don't like to see my loved ones or others in pain.
It does hurt like hell. The only thing that helps is time. But it's such a long, slow process. The death of a loved one leaves a hole in the heart that never quite heals.

xoxoxx

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

hey marce wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Liz ~
I love your color scheme. A bolder color would great if you limit it to the backsplash. That way it wouldn't be overwhelming. Give it a try, at least.
Have you brought home sample tiles to see how they look? You should look at them in all kinds of lighting, including natural daylight, kitchen light, & nighttime.
My weekend's going okay. I slept late this morning & that makes me happy.
Happy Sunday Ladies and Huntington Guy!

:-)

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Huntington Guy wrote:
Why is he disrespecting the U.S. Flag?

I like this one. Tim McGraw could have kissed my bald head anytime.

http://tasteofcountry.com/tim-mcgraw-kisses-c...

;-)

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

A plan in motion

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Long time no see. How's everything with you?

Are you watching the Sunday games?
Huntington Guy wrote:

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

A plan in motion

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Marce What color would you try with the rust/tan/browns? I was almost thinking of something with a dark yellow? It's just for behind the stove so if it doesn't look that good I can always change it.
I'm too lazy to buy samples of anything first. I just jump in head first and buy whatever, then if it doesn't grown on me, I just re-do it again.
The funky blue bathroom still hasn't grown on me but just the boys use it anyway and they like it.

I wish I could sleep in. I swear I have a 5am internal alarm clock.
hey marce wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Liz ~
I love your color scheme. A bolder color would great if you limit it to the backsplash. That way it wouldn't be overwhelming. Give it a try, at least.
Have you brought home sample tiles to see how they look? You should look at them in all kinds of lighting, including natural daylight, kitchen light, & nighttime.
My weekend's going okay. I slept late this morning & that makes me happy.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

A plan in motion

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

I have a friend who lost her teenage son in a car accident about 5 years ago. She's always writing different things about him on FB, it's just heartbreaking.
Just the other day she wrote something along the lines of " don't ever ask me if I'm starting to get over losing my child, I'll never be over, not even a little"
marce-redux wrote:
<quoted text>
It does hurt like hell. The only thing that helps is time. But it's such a long, slow process. The death of a loved one leaves a hole in the heart that never quite heals.
xoxoxx

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

A plan in motion

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Tribe Dad sounds like a awesome man.

This one time when my older kids were babies I was at a traffic light. This guy next to me kept looking and smiling at me, then he glanced in the backseat and saw the kids..........he took off like a bat out of hell!

Did I tell you I set up a date between my ex husband and his ex wife? She sent me a message that she wants to go to one of Noah's games when he plays on her side of town. I told her great, I'll have Noah's Dad pick her so she doesn't have to drive. I sure hope her husband doesn't get mad that I rigged up this date.
tribe mom wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to work with a "Mr. Whipple." Of course, I was married at the time. The last time I saw him I was pulling a buggy of groceries and a buggy of kids through the grocery store. He looked slightly amused, but he would have ran for the hills and so would I. I love tribe dad. He is my HERO!

Level 3

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

LizW wrote:
Marce What color would you try with the rust/tan/browns? I was almost thinking of something with a dark yellow? It's just for behind the stove so if it doesn't look that good I can always change it.
I'm too lazy to buy samples of anything first. I just jump in head first and buy whatever, then if it doesn't grown on me, I just re-do it again.
The funky blue bathroom still hasn't grown on me but just the boys use it anyway and they like it.
I wish I could sleep in. I swear I have a 5am internal alarm clock.
<quoted text>
You're so brave! No, not yellow. How about burnt orange? It will add brightness & really complement the other colors. I think it'd be lovely.

You have to take my advice b/c I used to be an interior decorator to the stars. NOT!

My internal alarm clock never fails during the week, but I've convinced my body to turn it off on the weekends.

Level 3

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

LizW wrote:
I have a friend who lost her teenage son in a car accident about 5 years ago. She's always writing different things about him on FB, it's just heartbreaking.
Just the other day she wrote something along the lines of " don't ever ask me if I'm starting to get over losing my child, I'll never be over, not even a little" <quoted text>
How can anyone possibly EVER get over the death of a child? Well, except for Casey Anthony, of course. It can't be done. We are not supposed to bury our children. I can't begin to imagine the heartache & grief that never ends.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

A plan in motion

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Good Morning All

Fall is offically here. Tonight it's suppose to go down to the 30's.

Level 7

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

LizW wrote:
Good Morning All
Fall is offically here. Tonight it's suppose to go down to the 30's.
We have been having some cooler temps. It's nice, but sure do hate the thought of winter that is fastly approaching..
Snickers

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

The weather is simply marvelous here. I bet tent city gets cold and windy in the winter. How is riding on the bike.

Eww the 30's sounds like fireplace weather. ;)

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

A plan in motion

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Good Morning All

Missy I'm going to Home Depot today. Zach was there yesterday and said none of the tiles are the ones you just stick, they all need grout. Did you have to buy adhesive paper too? This project might be getting more complicated than I originally thought.

Marce the walls are already a burnt orange/rustish color. I'm trying to add a little bit of another color in the mix. Before I get too carried away I'm going today and seeing what color patterns they actually sell.
Mon Cherie

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

LizW wrote:
Good Morning All
Missy I'm going to Home Depot today. Zach was there yesterday and said none of the tiles are the ones you just stick, they all need grout. Did you have to buy adhesive paper too? This project might be getting more complicated than I originally thought.
Marce the walls are already a burnt orange/rustish color. I'm trying to add a little bit of another color in the mix. Before I get too carried away I'm going today and seeing what color patterns they actually sell.
We want to install a new kitchen floor. Haven't quite decided what we want yet. Ceramic is nice, but expensive, although my hub and I were considering it. I think I'd be to worried about dropping something on it and breaking a tile, though. I know they can be replaced, but it's a pain to do. The tiles you are referring to, we also had considered, but my hub told me he doesn't believe the grout will hold up. We also thought about having vinyl flooring (one sheet), but there is also the risk of damage to the floor (nicks and cuts). Maybe for now, we'll install vinyl floor tiles, but this time we'll choose the best that is out there. Good luck on your flooring project and I hope you come back and tell us how it went.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

A plan in motion

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Did anyone see the news of the high school football player from Buffalo who passed away his weekend after receiving a helmet to helmet injury at Friday nights game? OMG that's so scary. I read some of the comments readers made about the article and they were downright brutal towards the parents of the players. It always stated that roughly 70 percent of kids who play sports in elementary and middle school will quit by high school. That sounds about right.

“A lady never discusses the ”

Level 8

Since: Mar 12

size of her yarn stash

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

LizW wrote:
Did anyone see the news of the high school football player from Buffalo who passed away his weekend after receiving a helmet to helmet injury at Friday nights game? OMG that's so scary. I read some of the comments readers made about the article and they were downright brutal towards the parents of the players. It always stated that roughly 70 percent of kids who play sports in elementary and middle school will quit by high school. That sounds about right.
That's really sad...
Why in the world were people being brutal towards the parents?

“A lady never discusses the ”

Level 8

Since: Mar 12

size of her yarn stash

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

tribe mom wrote:
<quoted text>
I lost a nephew, but was expected. I was more concerned about his mother, my sister. I was afraid she was going to lose her mind. My oldest and younger sister are trying to stay close to her and get her mind on other things.
I had a friend pass away recently also. She had three children the same age and grades as my youngest three. Actually they were all the same sex too, so they were in each other's grades and played ball and cheered together, etc. She was so very young, only in her 40's. She had a massive heart attack. Her poor husband looks like a lost soul, as do her children.
Happy Birthday to your granddaughter. Nine is such an impressionable age. I'm glad they bring you so much joy.
:-)
Tmom
I am so sorry for your loss.
<3

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

A plan in motion

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

It was more about football parents in general letting kids play a violent sport and going on about kids who are being forced to play because of the parents. The latter is true of just about any sport. Parents get kids involved at a young age and some kids just aren't interested. However after trying out the sport or activities most parents I know let the child quit if they're just not into it.
JaneDear wrote:
<quoted text>
That's really sad...
Why in the world were people being brutal towards the parents?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

36 Users are viewing the Orlando Forum right now

Search the Orlando Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Patrick 1,083,795
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 9 min LizW 70,407
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 19 min Community Disorganizer 45,894
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 29 min LizW 484,395
Double Fun Word Game (Mar '11) 33 min Kat Kaye 11,913
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 4 hr _Zoey_ 17,053
The alphabet (Jun '06) 4 hr _Zoey_ 1,028
•••
•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••