Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Spooky Mulder wrote:
<quoted text>
I am serious. My husband works crazy hours. I have to be able to throw things together in a hurry.
You are amazing Spooky! I can relate, my look is Retro Together!!!

Level 9

Since: Sep 11

Weeki Wachee, Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

World War Z wrote:
<quoted text>
You are amazing Spooky! I can relate, my look is Retro Together!!!
Thanks, but I'm not really amazing. I am just the everyday housewife with everyday chores and errands to do.

“ JUSTICE CON'T”

Level 7

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

World War Z wrote:
This is the nicest place on Topix when you talk to the nicest people. Liz & Jane are Sisters, I for one miss Hal? Ruby is the best! Besides Liz and Jane of course. Eventually all the nice people come here. Even the icon contractors like it here. Whats not to like?
Friendly people will always gravitate to one place.
Ruby stood up for me once, during the Casey Anthony case, she's a
CLASS ACT...:)RUBY'S the best!

Level 9

Weeki Wachee, Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

LizW wrote:
Good Morning All
Spooky that's a great idea cooking the chicken breasts ahead of time. Fall is always busying here with practices and games so my meals suck even more than usual. I should take a day and make a couple different meals and throw them in the freezer ( too bad I'm just all talk).
I hate cooking. I like on Facebook when people post pictures of the meals they've made. If I did that people would probably feel sorry for me and start sending me Restaurant gift certificates.
I also use the frozen diced green peppers and onions too. I don't mind cooking at all. I enjoy it. What I hate is never knowing when my husband is coming home. He's a health care practitioner and he can get home early when not on call or one in the morning when he is on call. Sometimes, he runs home between hospitals and I've got a very limited time to get it together. The slow-cooker has been a lifesaver also. There are some really great recipes for them. That might help you with your busy schedule and it definitely takes the pressure off.

Level 7

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Good morning everyone, I have to do the dreaded grocery shopping today. That's a great ideal Spooky. I freeze a lot but have never done that with the chicken. I freeze a lot of fruits and can a lot of vegetables. This year I have a huge garden so it's keeping me busy. I brought about 10 lbs of Cherry's home from Michigan I put in the freezer to make pie with.

Level 9

Weeki Wachee, Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

The Real Missy wrote:
Good morning everyone, I have to do the dreaded grocery shopping today. That's a great ideal Spooky. I freeze a lot but have never done that with the chicken. I freeze a lot of fruits and can a lot of vegetables. This year I have a huge garden so it's keeping me busy. I brought about 10 lbs of Cherry's home from Michigan I put in the freezer to make pie with.
I used to put up about 30 qts of tomatoes a year, but since it's just the two of us now, it's too much work.

Food Savers are worth the money. Most packages of meat are just too big and just putting them in freezer bags doesn't ensure that it won't freezer burn. The bags do. The bags aren't cheap but neither is throwing out freezer burned food. I ran across one on clearance at Target when the newer upright model came out.

“Guess where I hid the eggs???”

Since: Jan 12

Swinging Vine, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Sweet53 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ruby stood up for me once, during the Casey Anthony case, she's a
CLASS ACT...:)RUBY'S the best!
Thank you for the kind words~~
Sweet you have always been a class act yourself and I always
enjoyed posting with you.
So good to "see" you!

Swinging Vine, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Good morning everyone~~

I don't mind cooking at all.
We handwash our dishes and I don't mind that either.
I have a large kitchen window above my sink
looking out to the back yard, heavily wooded.

I hang small hummingbird feeders on the outside
glass and they are so used to seeing my face at
the window they pay me no mind.

This year we have a nest of pileated woodpeckers
in a dead tree. I've watched them carve out their
home in the tree.
When we had so much rain and trees were falling
left and right I worried about them.

Swinging Vine, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

^^UPDATE: All is well with the woodpeckers...
Moby Dick

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Spooky Mulder wrote:
<quoted text>
I am serious. My husband works crazy hours. I have to be able to throw things together in a hurry.
Hey, Spooky

I know you don't care much for me, but i can help you with the cooking dilemmas. I keep a fresh fruit tray, a fresh vegetable tray in the refrigerator. I like to cook my chicken fresh for the meal. I don't like to cook and put things in the freezer, but i know a lot of people do. I found bags of already marinated Tyson chicken breasts and also plain Tyson chicken breasts (boneless/skinless).

One night I'll do a layered corn enchilada casserole with chicken breasts. The next night homemade meatballs and something else to go with it. Meatballs are easy, but use a good grade of meat, bread crumbs and eggs. I don't know what your husband likes to eat. We eat out often. It's easier because I have deleted foods he still likes to eat. I also keep a bag of fresh/washed spinach and add that to mixtures, put it in omelets, good for salads. I only really like butter lettuce or romaine for salads. Iceberg has little nutrition and zero taste. I have a steamer for vegetables. We live in the land of plenty, so we can get fresh everything - green beans, zucchini, carrots, all kinds of greens, etc. etc.
You go to the store and there's russet potatoes, red potatoes, sweet potatoes, fingerlings, and on and on. I feel like the Forrest Gump movie. In my first job, I trained as a sous chef and we had access to premium food, so I have never been able to stomach low quality food after that. I buy the best and if it is expensive $$ just buy a smaller package, but get the best you can. Your health will thank you.

Level 9

Weeki Wachee, Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Moby Dick wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Spooky
I know you don't care much for me, but i can help you with the cooking dilemmas. I keep a fresh fruit tray, a fresh vegetable tray in the refrigerator. I like to cook my chicken fresh for the meal. I don't like to cook and put things in the freezer, but i know a lot of people do. I found bags of already marinated Tyson chicken breasts and also plain Tyson chicken breasts (boneless/skinless).
One night I'll do a layered corn enchilada casserole with chicken breasts. The next night homemade meatballs and something else to go with it. Meatballs are easy, but use a good grade of meat, bread crumbs and eggs. I don't know what your husband likes to eat. We eat out often. It's easier because I have deleted foods he still likes to eat. I also keep a bag of fresh/washed spinach and add that to mixtures, put it in omelets, good for salads. I only really like butter lettuce or romaine for salads. Iceberg has little nutrition and zero taste. I have a steamer for vegetables. We live in the land of plenty, so we can get fresh everything - green beans, zucchini, carrots, all kinds of greens, etc. etc.
You go to the store and there's russet potatoes, red potatoes, sweet potatoes, fingerlings, and on and on. I feel like the Forrest Gump movie. In my first job, I trained as a sous chef and we had access to premium food, so I have never been able to stomach low quality food after that. I buy the best and if it is expensive $$ just buy a smaller package, but get the best you can. Your health will thank you.
We always have whatever fruit is in season in the frig. I prepare the breasts like that because I have to have it prepped, cooked and on the table in about an hour when he's on call. I always cook from scratch and never use that boxed crap. I prefer eating at home because I know it's prepared in a clean environment and if I learned one thing in nursing school, it was WASH YOUR HANDS.

I am well aquainted with what's in the produce section since I only buy what vegetable we'll be having for dinner that evening and, when possible, I steam those.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Since: Apr 09

Happytown, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

I'm coming over to MD's and Spooky's house for supper.

:-)

Rain, rain. Go away.
Come again another day.

I AM sick, sick, sick of this rain. C'mon! Enough already.

Level 9

Weeki Wachee, Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

tribe mom wrote:
I'm coming over to MD's and Spooky's house for supper.
:-)
Rain, rain. Go away.
Come again another day.
I AM sick, sick, sick of this rain. C'mon! Enough already.
I know what you mean. Would like to go for a swim but it's thundering right now. Day before yesterday, it came down so fast that the drains that direct the water to the lake were filled up and the street was flooded for a short time. The drains on the lanai couldn't handle it either. We done have to water the plants or fill the pool though.

Level 7

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Spooky Mulder wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to put up about 30 qts of tomatoes a year, but since it's just the two of us now, it's too much work.
Food Savers are worth the money. Most packages of meat are just too big and just putting them in freezer bags doesn't ensure that it won't freezer burn. The bags do. The bags aren't cheap but neither is throwing out freezer burned food. I ran across one on clearance at Target when the newer upright model came out.
I have a food saver but don't use it much. I know what you mean by being a lot of work canning. We have a load of fruit trees and berry bushes in Michigan. What ever is in season when we go there we bring a lot of it back and freeze it. I manage to use most of it easy.

“Jess kidding!”

Level 2

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

World War Z wrote:
<quoted text>
Cut it out. B serious.
You DONT deserve all the attention you get BRAD......

You R NOT popular.....

It's just not fair, I am the one who you should all think is popular.

Level 9

Weeki Wachee, Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

The Real Missy wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a food saver but don't use it much. I know what you mean by being a lot of work canning. We have a load of fruit trees and berry bushes in Michigan. What ever is in season when we go there we bring a lot of it back and freeze it. I manage to use most of it easy.
When I bought the food saver, I didn't even open the box for almost a year. I had put it on a shelf in the garage and totally forgot about it. My husband brought it in and then I started using it. Mostly, for packaging meat into smaller quanities.

Level 9

Weeki Wachee, Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

LizW wrote:
Good Morning All
I was in a few stores yesterday and they already have the back to school supplies out. School just ended here about 4 weeks ago.
The kids here start back in the middle of August. Up there, they don't go back till after Labor Day. It still works out the same in the end.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 14,101 - 14,120 of17,336
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

14 Users are viewing the Orlando Forum right now

Search the Orlando Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 12 min EyeOfTheNewt 95,840
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 20 min Lon Spector 478,296
Alphabet Game (Apr '12) 31 min LizW 8,933
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 33 min LizW 70,217
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 39 min DonPanic 43,017
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Tinka 1,034,246
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 1 hr 2twisted 16,923
•••
•••
•••
Orlando Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
•••