http://www.topix.com/search/article...

I can't believe that site exsissts. lol

Where is Liz when you need her?:)
Joy

Key West, FL

#15292 Jul 24, 2013
Spooky Mulder wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone who posts on Topix is a little nuts.
Most accurate and positive post I have ever read here!

It's all relative.

You know that Mary and me used to post back and , so, forth all the time,,,// back in the day.

Miss her Boldness! OMG she is so funny and Brilliant IMHO.

Other People Think Mary from NY is the Best friend you could ever have online that you never met.

Someone just PM'ed me about that, so I passed it along.

Us girls have to be careful of crazy dudes with computers from Canada.
Joy

Key West, FL

#15293 Jul 24, 2013
Spooky Mulder wrote:
<quoted text>
Your honesty tops the day with this post.

We all have our days my friend, with exception to evenings as well.

Wish I could always say the right things, I haen't had luck in the past here.

OMG

“Pass the sunscreen”

Level 8

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#15294 Jul 24, 2013
Spooky Mulder wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh ya, Ron is still around spreading his daily dose of sunshine.
Been fine, I'm definitely tired of all this rain we've been getting. Feast or famine here.
We've been getting a mixture of sun during the day and some rain showers at night.

Level 9

Since: Sep 11

Weeki Wachee, Florida

#15297 Jul 25, 2013
Maverick 808 wrote:
<quoted text>We've been getting a mixture of sun during the day and some rain showers at night.
During the summer, we expect afternoon thundershowers, but it's raining here off and on all day. I don't mind a light rain, but these are gully washers. At least, the water table is now up. I guess, you've got to look at the bright side of things in life, right?
hey marce

Chula Vista, CA

#15298 Jul 25, 2013
LizW wrote:
Where is Liz when you need her?:).......probably taking some to a appt, scrubbing toilets or playing taxi.
Frigs my lifes!<quoted text>
Hey, Liz -- how you be?
hey marce

Chula Vista, CA

#15299 Jul 25, 2013
Spooky Mulder wrote:
<quoted text>
During the summer, we expect afternoon thundershowers, but it's raining here off and on all day. I don't mind a light rain, but these are gully washers. At least, the water table is now up. I guess, you've got to look at the bright side of things in life, right?
Wow, Spooks, you got RAIN. Hope everything is okay.

Level 9

Weeki Wachee, Florida

#15300 Jul 25, 2013
hey marce wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, Spooks, you got RAIN. Hope everything is okay.
It's fine. The flower garden is now a jungle and the weeds are very happy. So instead of working outside, I've been going through my handbags and clothes, dropping off what I don't use to the Salvation Army.

“Pass the sunscreen”

Level 8

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#15301 Jul 25, 2013
Spooky Mulder wrote:
<quoted text>
Not yet....
Tropical storm Dorian is heading in your direction.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#15302 Jul 26, 2013
Good Morning All

Spooky your yard is kind of sounding like a Rain Forest.

Mousie if you're reading I hope you're feeling better soon.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#15303 Jul 26, 2013
Hi Marce, Great to see you. How's your summer been? Any vacations planned?

My son went online last month and signed himself up for a road test next week. This is turning into a disaster on many different levels. He hasn't had that much driving experience and when he does drive it's usually my SUV. When he makes turns I hold my breath. I'm never quite sure what's going to happen or what lane we'll end up in. His parallel parking is more than just a little iffy. We'd like for him to just cancel the road test and wait awhile, but he's adamant that he's got it under control. I keep having visions of the person giving the test getting out of the car all wigged out after driving with Noah and asking me if I'm freakin serious thinking about letting that kid drive". To which I'll respond ,calm down. I knew there was no way in hell he'd pass the test.
hey marce wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Liz -- how you be?

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#15304 Jul 26, 2013
Hey Liz.. I'm never up this early to give you a shout out.. but I am this morning..so Good Morning to you. I hope all is well with you, your mom and the boys. You've got your hands full. I remember when we first started posting together, Noah was so little and now he has grown into a big young man. I didn't know the tests to get your license included parallel parking anymore.. he'll figure it out eventually.

How is your daughter doing in her spooky house? The last pictures I saw were of her wedding and saw a few of her house.

Miss all of our old friends here..got off all the Topix forums, too many nasty people playing screen name games, still read, but don't post or respond, unless the nasty gets too overwhelming.

Hope you, Missy, Jane Dear, Ruby, Mousie, Shauaw, Murph are well and their families are well. And anyone I have missed.

Who knows, if I can find all the good posters, and get them together, maybe we can all post together again, in peace and have fun.

Whoot, Whoot.. let me go find Cov.

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#15305 Jul 26, 2013
Whoops..have not read back,I'm sorry, but I see Spooky and Maverick have been posting here..have seen them post for a few years now..Good posters, great peeps.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#15306 Jul 26, 2013
Race what are you doing up this early? You know it always throws me for a loop when you rise before noon!

To put things in perspective when we all started posting Race Jr. was overseas on a tour, Missy's GD and Cov's Babydoll were really just baby's, LG was trying to pawn off Girl Scout cookies, Noah was in grammar school and my daughter was in her second or third year of law school. It's been a long time.

I wish everyone would just post and ignore the trolls, nasty judge-its and the other BS. Seriously why should we care what some nasty troll with a couple of screws loose thinks about us or our posts. F-them!!!!!!!
Besides some of it was our own damn fault. Like we didn't know ahead of time that a certain person wasn't stable..........What were we thinking??????????

LOL........Noah needs to figure out the parallel parking before his road test, although chances are after the test he'll rarely ever need to parallel park again. I'm figuring after he makes his first turn on 2 wheels the tester will tell him there's no need to parallel park or continue the test. The tester will probably come running out of the car with the look of fear in his eyes.

Daughter is doing fine. She still has her chickens and bats. She had a exterminator come out and they got rid of some of the bats, but there's still a few lingering. She's learned to accept the bats, besides it only adds to the charm of the house. What would a creepy house be without a few dozen bats flying around.
RaceCityUsa wrote:
Hey Liz.. I'm never up this early to give you a shout out.. but I am this morning..so Good Morning to you. I hope all is well with you, your mom and the boys. You've got your hands full. I remember when we first started posting together, Noah was so little and now he has grown into a big young man. I didn't know the tests to get your license included parallel parking anymore.. he'll figure it out eventually.
How is your daughter doing in her spooky house? The last pictures I saw were of her wedding and saw a few of her house.
Miss all of our old friends here..got off all the Topix forums, too many nasty people playing screen name games, still read, but don't post or respond, unless the nasty gets too overwhelming.
Hope you, Missy, Jane Dear, Ruby, Mousie, Shauaw, Murph are well and their families are well. And anyone I have missed.
Who knows, if I can find all the good posters, and get them together, maybe we can all post together again, in peace and have fun.
Whoot, Whoot.. let me go find Cov.

“That's all folks...”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

#15307 Jul 26, 2013
Hello Racie Race~~
It's always good to *see* you!!!

Liz for the life of me I don't know why you and
Noah's father don't sign your son up for professional drivers ed.

Surely if he can afford to buy his son a truck before he even gets his DL, he can afford driving school.

Remember, it's not just Noah's life, it's the life
of others also, when it comes to inexperienced drivers.

“That's all folks...”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

#15308 Jul 26, 2013
Just one more thing and I'll shut-up about this:

Todays young drivers are up against a lot of things
we didn't have to worry about when we were getting
our DL for the first time.

Fast paced freeways, texting, cell phones, etc.
The veheicles they make today have enough do-dads
and gadgets, it's like being in a cockpit.
Big distractions...

Level 9

Weeki Wachee, Florida

#15309 Jul 26, 2013
RaceCityUsa wrote:
Whoops..have not read back,I'm sorry, but I see Spooky and Maverick have been posting here..have seen them post for a few years now..Good posters, great peeps.
Thanks Race, back at ya.

Level 3

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#15311 Jul 26, 2013
Spooky Mulder wrote:
<quoted text>
I had some wine last time I was here. Embarrassing how i went on and on...Sorry.

Level 3

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#15312 Jul 26, 2013
LizW wrote:
It will probably come down to Noah having to take private lessons. I'm not worried about the driving, there's no way he'll pass the test next week. The school here no longer offers driver's ed. It's thru the town and we tried to sign Noah up this summer but he was wait listed. Seniors have first dibs. The town charges just about the same rate as the driving schools charge.
Next week he'll fail the test. A couple days later he starts double sessions for football, after that school and regular football will start so he'll be gone every day from 6 AM-6 PM. This will go on until the first week in November. He's not going to have time to be worried about driving until after that.
Noah knows he's lucky to have the new truck, but he's also aware that it came with conditions. There's no room for any margin of error or the truck will be gone.<quoted text>
You should just keep driving him around, save money, gas and you wouldn't have to worry about how bad he drives. The question is, how good/bad do you drive Liz? That's right! Does this poor driving run in the family?

I have a friend who's Daughter is about 28 ish, afraid to drive, never had a license. It is much more expensive to get a license than it used to be. Your Insurance rates for the youngster will be up there as well. It used to be your Dad and Mom just let you drive. I drove from My house to my friends house when I was 10 years old by myself and nobody ever caught me. Times have changed, it's inevitable.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 3 min Tzu 515,691
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min VetnorsGate 1,707,099
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr SWEET FARTS 64,463
New Game ***Last Word + 2 (Oct '11) 3 hr Joi C 13,111
Word Association 2 (Jul '10) 4 hr So_da_lish_us 23,147
3 word game (Jan '11) 5 hr So_da_lish_us 14,352
News Feds raid Florida Career College campuses (Oct '07) 9 hr Victim Jr 366

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages