Level 8

Since: Mar 12

Sugar Land, TX

#15071 Jul 16, 2013
LizW wrote:
Are they having all kinds of NAACP meeting in your area too?
I was watching the news last night and they interviewed the President of the local NAACP. Anyway he was talking about violence and gangs in the city and how he took his son to a carnival in the city. A fight erupted and there were gunshots. Anyway it flashed a picture of the son. I knew the guy looked familiar and then I saw the son. The son goes to school with Noah. The son needs to stay away from carnivals. Period! Last time I saw him he was at a school carnival upside down in the dunking booth. <quoted text>
I've stopped watching the news.
The world is a craphole. I don't need to listen some well coiffed man to know that.

I looked up the your trash plate, Liz.
I got heartburn from just looking at some of the pictuers. lol
I'm making the one with the hamburger, chilli and potatoes tonight.

Level 9

Since: Sep 11

Weeki Wachee, Florida

#15072 Jul 16, 2013
JaneDear wrote:
<quoted text>
The world is a craphole. I don't need to listen some well coiffed man to know that.
I has to look up the trash your plate too. I have to say that you are a lot braver than me for trying one.

Level 9

Since: Sep 11

Weeki Wachee, Florida

#15073 Jul 16, 2013
LizW wrote:
Spooky you still sound better than my nephew's GF. Last summer she came to New York to visit for a couple days. My sister was going nuts thinking of meal ideas. Basically all the girl eats is white rice, plain pasta ,fruits and lettuce. No meat, poultry or fish. Most veggies are out too. They ordered Chinese take out. The GF just got the white rice but wouldn't eat it because a piece of brown rice was in her container.
I told my sister to have her bring her own food the next time she comes for a visit.<quoted text>
That girl sounds like a spoiled child who has people jumping through hoops to do her bidding. Your sister should just serve what she plans for the evening and let the girl eat or starve.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#15074 Jul 17, 2013
Good Morning All

Is anyone else on Royal Baby watch? I'm betting Kate has a girl and hopefully by this weekend.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#15075 Jul 17, 2013
That sounds like a Texas style trash plate, only you forgot the macaroni salad. The chili on top is a good idea but here they use hot sauce with meat.

You're right about the heartburn after. It's pretty wicked. I can only handle a trash plate every couple months.
One of the restaurants just came out with Trash burgers. A burger with fries, mac salad and hot sauce all on a bun.
JaneDear wrote:
<quoted text>

Level 8

Sugar Land, TX

#15077 Jul 17, 2013
Spooky Mulder wrote:
<quoted text>
I has to look up the trash your plate too. I have to say that you are a lot braver than me for trying one.
Well I gave it a shot. Whatever I made looked horrible, but the kids liked it...

Level 8

Sugar Land, TX

#15078 Jul 17, 2013
Spooky Mulder wrote:
<quoted text>
That girl sounds like a spoiled child who has people jumping through hoops to do her bidding. Your sister should just serve what she plans for the evening and let the girl eat or starve.
Yeah ,doesn't she know there are starving people in Africa?!
At least that's what I was told--
Had to eat everything because of the starving people.

Level 8

Sugar Land, TX

#15079 Jul 17, 2013
LizW wrote:
That sounds like a Texas style trash plate, only you forgot the macaroni salad. The chili on top is a good idea but here they use hot sauce with meat.
You're right about the heartburn after. It's pretty wicked. I can only handle a trash plate every couple months.
One of the restaurants just came out with Trash burgers. A burger with fries, mac salad and hot sauce all on a bun. <quoted text>
I made it all wrong.
Mine was more like a frito pie with french fries and no fritos.

Those trash plates must be really good...
What's the name of the show that has the guy traveling around eating at different places?

“That's all folks...”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

#15080 Jul 17, 2013
Good morning everyone~~
My mother was a great cook and whatever she put in
front of us we had to eat.
Including, eating at least a tablespoon of something we didn't like.

The only thing I was not forced to eat was liver,
thank goodness!!!

Yes, I agree the girl has been kow-towed to during
her childhood and still is.
Is this some form of an eating disorder?

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#15081 Jul 17, 2013
JaneDear wrote:
<quoted text>I made it all wrong.
Mine was more like a frito pie with french fries and no fritos.
Those trash plates must be really good...
What's the name of the show that has the guy traveling around eating at different places?
Jane~
When I first read this I thought it said, Fido Pie.
Dang, my eyes are worse than I thought...

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#15082 Jul 17, 2013
LizW wrote:
Good Morning All
Is anyone else on Royal Baby watch? I'm betting Kate has a girl and hopefully by this weekend.
Yep, count me in~~
I'm excited for Britain and I love their enthusiasm.
How about the custom of giving a special coin to babies
who are born on the same day?

This baby is going to be blessed with a fun Uncle Harry...

Level 8

Sugar Land, TX

#15083 Jul 17, 2013
I think that will be one pretty baby--
as long as it doesn't look like grampa Charles...

Level 8

Sugar Land, TX

#15084 Jul 17, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
Jane~
When I first read this I thought it said, Fido Pie.
Dang, my eyes are worse than I thought...
LOL ewww!

With my spelling you just never know.

Level 3

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#15085 Jul 17, 2013
JaneDear wrote:
I think that will be one pretty baby--
as long as it doesn't look like grampa Charles...
Let go of my bloody ears mums.

Level 8

Sugar Land, TX

#15086 Jul 17, 2013
World War Z wrote:
<quoted text>
Let go of my bloody ears mums.
LOL

You must be ML.
Why do you two share accounts?
I wish y'all would stop that...

Level 3

Location hidden

#15087 Jul 17, 2013
LizW wrote:
One of the restaurants just came out with Trash burgers. A burger with fries, mac salad and hot sauce all on a bun. <quoted text>
Trash plates are just another name for Garbage plates.

http://whatscookingamerica.net/History/Garbag...

The Garbage truck serves Garbage plates in LA.(Is this appetizing)Funny

http://roaminghunger.com/the-garbage-truck

Level 8

Sugar Land, TX

#15088 Jul 17, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
Good morning everyone~~
My mother was a great cook and whatever she put in
front of us we had to eat.
Including, eating at least a tablespoon of something we didn't like.
The only thing I was not forced to eat was liver,
thank goodness!!!
Yes, I agree the girl has been kow-towed to during
her childhood and still is.
Is this some form of an eating disorder?
You were brought up right.
We had to take three bites of everything. If we put something on our plate then we'd have to eat all of that.
There wasn't any throwing out food either. Leftovers were even better the next day.
And if you were a guest in someone's home you'd better eat whatever was served...and like it.
Peter

Dallas, TX

#15090 Jul 17, 2013
MOBY DICK wrote:
Some people are just picky eaters for crying out loud. My dad was a picky eater. I'm a picky eater. Other people in our family are picky eaters.
Other of my relatives will eat anything put in front of them. I call it a discerning palate.
The only things I eat:
omelets
boneless skinless chicken (grilled or chicken parm mostly)
pasta
potatoes/fresh veg.
fresh fruit
Salad
naked juice
protein bars
sandwiches with premium ingredients
Lean steak cooked only until pink
Occasional desert - key lime pie, cheesecake, chocolate cake (rare), cookies
I don't do puddings or fluffy stuff. My mom insisted I try black bottom pie recently (don't even like the name) and I took one bite and all it tasted like was grainy fudge. I let her have her piece and my piece to take home.
Some of the frozen yogurt/custard is just okay.
Have tried to delete chips - will eat organic blue corn chips
I'm sure there's other things I eat, but it's less and less. I'm trying to change from Hidden Valley Ranch to Vinaigrette. The dressing on a salad at chick filet is 280 calories. I don't know what the fries are.
They have some buffet they tried to drag me to that had beans, coleslaw,
macaroni salad and meat that tastes like it was grilled yesterday. I got by on a baked potato and salad, thank you very much.
Forcing your kids to eat foods they don't want to eat will create an eating disorder. Forcing your kids to clean their plates will create an eating disorder. I'd rather put it in the trash than wear it on your body.
Moby Dick has spoken. hahaha
How special. What time is dinner?

Level 3

Location hidden

#15091 Jul 17, 2013
MOBY DICK wrote:
Some people are just picky eaters for crying out loud. My dad was a picky eater. I'm a picky eater. Other people in our family are picky eaters.
Other of my relatives will eat anything put in front of them. I call it a discerning palate.
The only things I eat:
omelets
boneless skinless chicken (grilled or chicken parm mostly)
pasta
potatoes/fresh veg.
fresh fruit
Salad
naked juice
protein bars
sandwiches with premium ingredients
Lean steak cooked only until pink
Occasional desert - key lime pie, cheesecake, chocolate cake (rare), cookies
I don't do puddings or fluffy stuff. My mom insisted I try black bottom pie recently (don't even like the name) and I took one bite and all it tasted like was grainy fudge. I let her have her piece and my piece to take home.
Some of the frozen yogurt/custard is just okay.
Have tried to delete chips - will eat organic blue corn chips
I'm sure there's other things I eat, but it's less and less. I'm trying to change from Hidden Valley Ranch to Vinaigrette. The dressing on a salad at chick filet is 280 calories. I don't know what the fries are.
They have some buffet they tried to drag me to that had beans, coleslaw,
macaroni salad and meat that tastes like it was grilled yesterday. I got by on a baked potato and salad, thank you very much.
Forcing your kids to eat foods they don't want to eat will create an eating disorder. Forcing your kids to clean their plates will create an eating disorder. I'd rather put it in the trash than wear it on your body.
Moby Dick has spoken. hahaha
The only two things I don't eat for breakfast are lunch and dinner.

Level 3

Location hidden

#15092 Jul 17, 2013
Peter wrote:
<quoted text>How special. What time is dinner?
Ahab was dinner.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Jacques Ottawa 1,747,036
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 42 min Murphey_Law 517,112
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 1 hr T-REX 74,094
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr FART HIDE 64,573
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 6 hr zazz 98,715
last post wins! (Jul '11) 8 hr Princess Hey 6,086
One Word (Jul '10) 21 hr So_da_lish_us 2,620

Orlando Jobs

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages