Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#14859 Jul 9, 2013
JaneDear wrote:
<quoted text>Only
if you're still being Brad Pitt.
Just don't tell anyone that I snore.
Deal:

I haven't aged in 20 years! http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1206203/thumbs/o-BR...

Level 3

Location hidden

#14860 Jul 9, 2013
night

Level 9

Since: Sep 11

Weeki Wachee, Florida

#14861 Jul 9, 2013
JaneDear wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I don't like Old Navy either. I don't think I'm a snob lol.
I can't ever find anything I like at Kohls.
Have you heard of Plato's Closet? "Brand names gently used." The add on the radio made it sound great. A friend went there yesterday (she's pregnant and thought she'd find some summer dresses).
Anyway, she said that place is nasty.
Someone on another thread was talking about resale shops and said, "Who wants to wear clothes that smell like ass and smoke?" LOL
OK, What happened in the jacuzzi?
I don't need clothes. My closets are packed and at the end of season, i pack some away just to find room for what's in season. I loved shopping at Anthrpologie and Urban Outfitters but the closest ones are in Tampa. It's not really far but I hate driving to Old Hyde Park. That traffic is horrible and the exits are confusing. The GPS seems to fail me at times like this. Around the house, it's just shorts and Tees.

I used to shop at Kohl's. it's just okay.
North Texas

Minneapolis, MN

#14862 Jul 9, 2013
JaneDear wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait. Is the subway still there??
Heard of it and
I've never been.
I want to say that Leonard's became Tandy's and the subway cars were then a part of Tandy's. The subway may still run. Wish they had that everywhere. It would nice to park your car and ride a subway right to the door. Kids nowadays are not so easily impressed.
North Texas

Minneapolis, MN

#14863 Jul 9, 2013
JaneDear wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I don't like Old Navy either. I don't think I'm a snob lol.
I can't ever find anything I like at Kohls.
Have you heard of Plato's Closet? "Brand names gently used." The add on the radio made it sound great. A friend went there yesterday (she's pregnant and thought she'd find some summer dresses).
Anyway, she said that place is nasty.
Someone on another thread was talking about resale shops and said, "Who wants to wear clothes that smell like ass and smoke?" LOL
OK, What happened in the jacuzzi?
I've heard of Plato's closet, but I don't like used items. I really wouldn't like them if they smelled of alcohol, cigs, and the other thing you mentioned. That is nasty. I have donated clothes to church clothing drives, but if it is my stuff used, it would be freshly laundered. Kohl's seems to cater to teens and I think I'd look silly wearing clothes meant for 13 year olds. Ditto for Urban Outfitter's which I think of as being for teens.

It may have been tons of walking the days before the jacuzzi.

Sorry about the bear fandango. I really should review the posts before I start typing. I fell asleep early and now I'm up again. The only place I have seen bears is in the zoo. I read bears have been spotted in the Hill County. Deers would be yes, but I have never seen bears in Texas.

I don't know what kind of boots you wear, JaneDear, but you can get some new ones at Urban O or Anthrologie for around $300.00. Some people buy second hand shoes, but I personally couldn't do it. I'd roll change before I'd do that. Sorry if I come off as a snob. I just like nice things. Doesn't everybody?
North Texas

Minneapolis, MN

#14864 Jul 9, 2013
World War Z wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it night time in Texas?
I used to think people were rich who lived in the city because they would get two papers per day
and carried 20s in their wallets. I don't consider it night until it gets dark which is after 8:30 p.m.
There's so much more to do and see in the city. Rural just doesn't appeal to me.

Anyway, if you take a road trip north, be prepared to see tons of Waffle Houses (yuck) and Cracker Barrel restaurants. I'm glad the hotels offer great breakfasts. In Tennessee you get biscuits, gravy, sausage, the works without ever leaving your hotel. Kentucky has the nicest people with Tennessee a close second. I hope no one is from Arkansas because that was one of my least favorite states. If you ever get a chance, however, Bill Clinton's bio is a good read. I know he is naughty, but I like his writing style.

I hear someone foraging, so I will check in later. Is it a black bear? lol
Snickers

Dallas, TX

#14865 Jul 10, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>I bet you sit behind your computer in your cowboy outfit and think you're real deal? lol
Let me guess, you're from the Oak Lawn section of Dallas?
I bet you sit there and don't give a crap anyway! Ya I live for Oak Lawnnot,everyone take care,good-night!
North Texas

Minneapolis, MN

#14866 Jul 10, 2013
Hi Snickers

I know Carrollton is a nice area of Texas. For others, I will start the Texas
geography education project. lol

Carrollton is a city in Denton County, Dallas County and Collin County in the U.S. state of Texas. As of the 2010 census, the city's population was 119,097 making it the twenty-third most populous city in the state of Texas.[3] Carrollton is a suburb of Dallas and in 2006 was named to America's "Top 100 Places to Live" by Relocate America.[4] Also in 2006, Carrollton was selected as the 19th best place to live in the United States by Money magazine.[1] In 2008 it was named by Money magazine the 15th best place to live among small cities.[5]

(wiki)

I woke up to find Squidbillies on the tv on Adult Swim. Has anyone seen it? I don't know the names of the characters. What age is this supposed to be aimed at?
North Texas

Minneapolis, MN

#14868 Jul 10, 2013
LizW wrote:
I watched some show a couple weeks ago and they had the Zimmerman integration tapes. It sounded like he didn't follow Trayvon after the dispatcher told him not to. Zimmerman made it sound more like he was walking ( I think he said to find the street address of where he was) and Trayvon just showed up and startled him.
It's great if Zimmerman wants to spend his spare time patrolling the neighborhood and trying to keep them safe, however he should have never thought about doing anymore than calling the police and reporting incidences. There was no reason for him to be walking around with a gun. This was just like the perfect storm waiting to happen.
I know I know..........you feel differently about the gun issues than I do.<quoted text>
I don't believe that George was looking for a street sign. I think he got frustrated that dispatch wasn't sending someone quickly enough and made the comment to dispatch "these a-holes always get away" and at one point it sounded like he said "effin *oons" under his breath. According to Frank Taaffe, all the young males who had gotten caught for burglaries were people of color. The community was so polarized that if they saw a kid of color dressed in what they thought was ghetto style, the adrenaline started pumping. It's interesting that no one else called in regarding a kid walking around the community. It was raining and probably cold (Feb) so I don't see a sweat shirt with a hoody over it as odd. If it had been clear and 100 degrees, a hooded jacket with the hood up might be suspicious.

If G thought T was such a threat or so gangsta, why the heck did he leave the safety of his vehicle? It wasn't illegal for him to do so, but it was ill-advised. I really think G thought he'd engage the kid and maybe get him in an altercation and get him hauled off to jail because who would they believe...him or a gangsta looking kid? It is possible he panicked and made a bad decision of shooting the kid.

It's also interesting that no one in that community wanted to get involved with the G and T fight even after they heard someone screaming. They were wiling to dial 911 and get asked a lot of stupid questions like "Does he look hurt?" Then boom...a gunshot and out went the lights. Even then, I'm not sure they rushed to the scene.
North Texas

Minneapolis, MN

#14869 Jul 10, 2013
Back to travel, we went to a place called Neeley's in Tennessee. I'd say the food was edible, but it is not some place I'd visit twice. Maybe we went to the wrong one. I was thinking of the Neeleys on Food Network. I would say we have better bbq in Texas, but that's just a wild hunch.

Angelo's bbq in Fort Worth had it all over this place. Be sure and bring cash to Angelo's.

Level 3

Location hidden

#14873 Jul 10, 2013
LizW wrote:
Sure.<quoted text>
:)

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#14874 Jul 10, 2013
North Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care what anyone wears except Jane needs some jeans with her boots. Just kidding you, of course. I've seen girls wear sundresses and boots in the summer time. I don't understand it, but I don't have to. I know people who shop at consignment shops and get some great stuff.
K-Marts aren't big in Texas or I don't see them. I bought some pans there once. Shh.
Has anyone shopped T J Maxx? The household stuff was name brand, but I didn't get a chance to look at clothes.
I am waiting for the storm to burst. I'm sure there's someone out there who wants to burst my bubble. It's a beautiful, sunny day in Dallas, Tx. I hope it is great weather wherever you are.
I didn't Sugar Deer Boots actually lived in Waco. Yep, I've been there. lol
Kmart supposedly went bankrupt and moved out of Texas a few years back, but they are making somewhat of a comeback of late.

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#14875 Jul 10, 2013
North Texas wrote:
Hi Snickers
I know Carrollton is a nice area of Texas. For others, I will start the Texas
geography education project. lol
Carrollton is a city in Denton County, Dallas County and Collin County in the U.S. state of Texas. As of the 2010 census, the city's population was 119,097 making it the twenty-third most populous city in the state of Texas.[3] Carrollton is a suburb of Dallas and in 2006 was named to America's "Top 100 Places to Live" by Relocate America.[4] Also in 2006, Carrollton was selected as the 19th best place to live in the United States by Money magazine.[1] In 2008 it was named by Money magazine the 15th best place to live among small cities.[5]
(wiki)
I woke up to find Squidbillies on the tv on Adult Swim. Has anyone seen it? I don't know the names of the characters. What age is this supposed to be aimed at?
I'll take Flower Mound over Carrollton any day! Arlington, Grand Prairie, Garland all suck, Lewisville, Plano eh, Southlake, Dallas, Fort Worth, Denton, there all ok, Frisco isn't bad. But traffic all around sucks!

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#14876 Jul 10, 2013
LizW wrote:
My sister shops at Kohl's and gets a lot of great deals between her coupons, sales, and Kohl's cash.
For me all the Kohl's stores are kind of in out of the way places, but I usually manage to get there a couple times a year. Not crazy about the clothing but I do find some nice items for the home.<quoted text>
Morning Liz!

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#14877 Jul 10, 2013
World War Z wrote:
<quoted text>
:)
Hey is WWZ a good movie? I haven't had the chance to see it yet.

Level 8

Since: Mar 12

Perry, GA

#14878 Jul 10, 2013
Spooky Mulder wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need clothes. My closets are packed and at the end of season, i pack some away just to find room for what's in season. I loved shopping at Anthrpologie and Urban Outfitters but the closest ones are in Tampa. It's not really far but I hate driving to Old Hyde Park. That traffic is horrible and the exits are confusing. The GPS seems to fail me at times like this. Around the house, it's just shorts and Tees.
I used to shop at Kohl's. it's just okay.
I need clothes. I cant have too many clothes.

Good morning everyone.

Level 8

Since: Mar 12

Perry, GA

#14879 Jul 10, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>Kmart supposedly went bankrupt and moved out of Texas a few years back, but they are making somewhat of a comeback of late.
I knew I hadn't seen a k-mart around in a long time...
I didn't know they went bakrupt.

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#14880 Jul 10, 2013
JaneDear wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew I hadn't seen a k-mart around in a long time...
I didn't know they went bakrupt.
Well sort of, I'm not exactly sure but it was something like that. But I've seen a few lately, I think they are trying to come back?
North Texas

Minneapolis, MN

#14881 Jul 10, 2013
I remember going to the campus of SMU and it was beautiful. There's also
TCU, UTA, TWU, North Texas U, and probably junior colleges which I don't remember off the top of my head.

I used to shop Dillard's, but it kind of rubbed me the wrong way that they went to AE for their card. If you pay cash, they look at you funny. Kohl's has a fair selection of capris and casual capri jeans. I go elsewhere to buy shoes and tops. Cole Haan makes good shoes, butI don't think Kohl's carry them. Kohl's seems to be big on sketchers and tennis shoes. Some swear by DSW. I bought a couple of bags in there and they fell apart quickly. They do have sales and some ladies in there told me they are sometimes as much as 80% off. I have a mountain of shoes but can always use more! I need some black capri pants (dressy) and dressy casual sandals.

Also, what about flat irons? I use one just to smooth the top layer which can get unruly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min RealDave 1,115,624
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 14 min Fair Game 47,072
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 1 hr Anne 96,468
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 3 hr Bonergram 488,316
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 5 hr Times are a Changing 17,116
One Word (Jul '10) 5 hr Princess Hey 1,849
The alphabet (Jun '06) 5 hr Princess Hey 1,092
Orlando Dating
Find my Match

Orlando Jobs

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Orlando News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Orlando

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]