13,781 - 13,800 of 17,646 Comments Last updated 47 min ago
North Texas

Minneapolis, MN

#14813 Jul 9, 2013
JaneDear wrote:
<quoted text>
Okie dokie.
Let's try this again...
The ONE time I went-- Dave & Buster's food SUCKED. OK?
Now you tell me something. Have you ever been to a Texas Roadhouse? If so, how was it?
You might try Texas Land and Cattle. There's one within walking distance of Embassy Suites in Austin which is a fun hotel. Breakfast cooked to order and happy hour in the evening is included in the price. There's a gift shop. The food in their restaurant wasn't all that great, but other places to eat in Austin are so great that it is hard to compete. If you like Malls, there's Highland, North Cross, Arboretum, etc. We have done the museums and other things in Austin. Ask me. I have a plethora of travel experience.
North Texas

Minneapolis, MN

#14815 Jul 9, 2013
We only went through Lubbock to get to New Mexico. We did not stay there and wouldn't. I think the only decent place to stay might be in Snyder. It would be better to fly, but you have to fly into Albuquerque and either rent a car or take a shuttle to Santa Fe. Texans are known to just saddle up for a road trip at the drop of a hat. Santa Fe is beautiful around Christmas. If you want to drive up in the ski basin, September is a better time of year. If you have some extra $$$, stop in at the Thousand Waves. Maybe we should make a travel thread where we can share travel experiences or just keep it here?

My lunch partner is almost here. Thanks for keeping it civil. I quit looking at the other threads. Too much vitriol.

“what are you talking about you”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

schlappington, by god

#14817 Jul 9, 2013
JaneDear wrote:
Good morning everyone.
It's hot already.
It feels like I'm in Texas.
http://youtu.be/-vB9WUkBC7Q

frig my lifes

Level 9

Since: Sep 11

Weeki Wachee, Florida

#14821 Jul 9, 2013
LizW wrote:
Spooky I have a friend who visits St Augustine's every year. I've never been but I feel like I have looking at all her pictures. Did you ever visit the old military hospital they have there? It's supposedly haunted.<quoted text>
Yes, I did. I don't know about it being haunted. We went on one of those cemetery tours at midnight and it was kinda creepy. I'd like to go back.

I'd also like to go back to Colonial Williamsburg. Last year, we went to Salem and Newport, R.I. The traffic in R.I. was horrible. It took forever to get to Salem, MA. and wone trip there was enough. Newport was better. I'd been there as a kid and had forgotten how lavish those robber barons homes were.

Level 9

Weeki Wachee, Florida

#14822 Jul 9, 2013
North Texas wrote:
We only went through Lubbock to get to New Mexico. We did not stay there and wouldn't. I think the only decent place to stay might be in Snyder. It would be better to fly, but you have to fly into Albuquerque and either rent a car or take a shuttle to Santa Fe. Texans are known to just saddle up for a road trip at the drop of a hat. Santa Fe is beautiful around Christmas. If you want to drive up in the ski basin, September is a better time of year. If you have some extra $$$, stop in at the Thousand Waves. Maybe we should make a travel thread where we can share travel experiences or just keep it here?
My lunch partner is almost here. Thanks for keeping it civil. I quit looking at the other threads. Too much vitriol.
If it hadn't been for family, I wouldn't have gone there. Fortunately, they moved to Seattle.

Level 8

schlappington, by god

#14823 Jul 9, 2013
LizW wrote:
((((((((( Cooter))))))) It's so good to see. How have you been ( other than frigs your lifes)<quoted text>
howddee miss liz w! ol coot dewin reel gud. cooter bob mewvd owta schlappington, by gawd two kalifornia two gro horganik humbowlt twomaytoes!
how yuns?
frig my lifes

“A lady never discusses the ”

Level 8

Since: Mar 12

size of her yarn stash

#14824 Jul 9, 2013
North Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe so, but I don't remember it being memorable food-wise. They even have them way up north which is funny (maybe only to me). Yankees eating Tx roadhouse food and white gravy. I hope the Northerners don't rain on me with a vengeance. I like it way up North also. Love to travel. It's my favorite. Planes, trains and automobiles.
I'm sorry if I ever offended you. Once I hit reply, I don't think about it again. I don't keep a list of who I posted to or who might have gotten their feelers hurt. If someone kicks me enough times, I might kick back, but I never go looking for a fight.
Thank you for that. No hard feelings.
I'm sorry too. I'm not always a bitch...really.

I think it's great you travel a lot. I wish I could. I would love to read about the places you've been.
I don't just take the kids to water parks :)
but water parks were on my mind because I'm looking for something to do with them this summer. Any suggestions or ideas would be much appriciated.

Level 8

size of her yarn stash

#14825 Jul 9, 2013
Spooky Mulder wrote:
Lubbock, the city of the Buddy Holly museum, too many Walmarts, no good restaurants, flat land as far as the eye can see, prarie dogs everywhere like rats and the only thing to do is go to a highschool football game where every person screaming as loud as they can while shaking those dam(n) cowbells. I failed o mention all the dust and the only one tree in the city. I'm sure here are great places to visit in Texas but Lubbock isn't one. It's like comparing the Sunken Gardens in St. Pete with historical St. Augustine.
LOL

Level 8

size of her yarn stash

#14826 Jul 9, 2013
Cooterbob wrote:
<quoted text>
http://youtu.be/-vB9WUkBC7Q
frig my lifes
(((Cooter)))

Frigs my lifes! It's great to see you!

Level 8

size of her yarn stash

#14827 Jul 9, 2013
LizW wrote:
We use to take the kids every year to the water parks. I'm glad those days are over.
Noah just ended up practicing in his sneakers, which he was mad about because they slowed him down..........Oh well!
Do you know is the boy's from TX practice inside on turf? They must or it's got to hotter than hell.
No..........to grand kids.
Daughter needs to focus on her career
Oldest son can't stand kids
Middle son still in school plus likes to party all the time so a kid would really put a damper on his lifestyle.
Noah..........let's not even think about that. Remember that GF he had who's Mom was just a couple years older than my daughter. We were all freaking out over that relationship..........whew glad she's out of the picture. I was running out of ways to get rid of her.
<quoted text>
I don't know about everywhere but the boys near where I live don't practice inside.
They are probably used to the heat...

Well...I guess you are going to just have to stick having the grandchickens for a while.

Level 9

Weeki Wachee, Florida

#14828 Jul 9, 2013
JaneDear wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's great you travel a lot. I wish I could. I would love to read about the places you've been.
but water parks were on my mind because I'm looking for something to do with them this summer. Any suggestions or ideas would be much appriciated.
We have a water park less than two miles away at Weeki Wachi. Never been there. The park used to host a Halloween for the kids and for that reason only, we ended up seeing the mermaids.

Level 8

schlappington, by god

#14829 Jul 9, 2013
JaneDear wrote:
<quoted text>
(((Cooter)))
Frigs my lifes! It's great to see you!
thank yuns, miss jane dear gurl, ol coot awlweyz luk fourwerd two seaz yuns

http://youtu.be/M9jKwji7imU

frig my lifes

Level 8

size of her yarn stash

#14830 Jul 9, 2013
Cooterbob wrote:
<quoted text>
thank yuns, miss jane dear gurl, ol coot awlweyz luk fourwerd two seaz yuns
http://youtu.be/M9jKwji7imU
frig my lifes
I got an error message...
The link you posted before worked :)

Frigs.
North Texas

Minneapolis, MN

#14831 Jul 9, 2013
JaneDear wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me where you might want to go and I'll tell you what I know. If I list everywhere, I'll get labeled a braggart. I also need a cue to remember. If we go somewhere repeatedly, we try to do different things. If you have been to Grapevine or live in North Texas, you know there's all kinds of great activities for kids and adults. It also depends on the interest of the kids. Some might be bored to tears by going to the different museums and it may be too hot to go to the zoos depending on the age of the kids.

I was just teasing because the Robertsons made a "red neck" water park out of a tank. I prefer water I can see through and where things aren't tickling my body. If that makes me a snob, I apologize.
Do your kids like horseback/trail rides or camping? I'd like camping if I could take an RV/camper.

Off to the pool again. I like pools and jacuzzi action. I just don't like to see someone bring their kid in and smile while saying their kid just made a poo poo or poop in their diaper. Then it's game over for me. Again, sorry if that qualifies me as a snob. If I wanted to swim in a "tank" I would.

Level 3

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#14832 Jul 9, 2013
JaneDear wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice to see you girls getting along.

Level 8

schlappington, by god

#14833 Jul 9, 2013
JaneDear wrote:
<quoted text>
I got an error message...
The link you posted before worked :)
Frigs.
North Texas

Minneapolis, MN

#14834 Jul 9, 2013
One thing I want to warn Mall shoppers about is those kiosks with overbearing sales people. Someone tried to sell us what they said was a $250.00 value flat iron and when I wouldn't bite, he offered to throw in a thermal shield to put it on. I just rolled my eyes and went into Sephora and then I went to the next elevator, went up, down and around to avoid this guy who would basically tackle you to get you into his kiosk. I'm perfectly happy with a Jose Eber flat iron and who says I want stick straight hair. I use it just to smooth my hair and it works great.

Anyway, I looked it up online and they offer these "great" warranties or money back and then do not honor them. I prefer a "bricks and mortar" store.

The one in the kiosk was offered at 99.00, but I think they probably used a high-end one for the demo and then switched to a low-end one in the box.
I have a sixth sense when it comes to b.s. and scam artists. This guy asked me what kind of flat iron I had. When I said "Jose Eber" he tried to tell me he had worked for Jose in Beverly HIlls. I resisted the temptation to ask why he was working a crappy kiosk job at a Mall in Texas.

I know people have to make a living. I really hate the kiosk thing so much that I often avoid malls.

If anyone else has anything to add, feel free.
North Texas

Minneapolis, MN

#14835 Jul 9, 2013
World War Z wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't sound like you have ever been to Texas, how come?
Maybe cause I live here.
For those of you who got a laugh out of Grapeville, there's a Grapevine Mills address and I guess I abbreviated it Grapeville. Has anyone been to Grapevine Mills?
North Texas

Minneapolis, MN

#14836 Jul 9, 2013
Sorry, that's 'cause or because. I don't want to get an F on my paper. Also, I read that the Grapevine Hills Simon Mall (outlet) is like an anthill. That means the regular malls are not that crowded. I'm not against a good deal, but if I have to fight for parking, fight for an item and deal with derelicts, I'd rather stay home or shop sales at a regular mall. Where's your favorite place to shop?

Does anyone shop at Kohl's?

Level 3

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#14837 Jul 9, 2013
North Texas wrote:
One thing I want to warn Mall shoppers about is those kiosks with overbearing sales people. Someone tried to sell us what they said was a $250.00 value flat iron and when I wouldn't bite, he offered to throw in a thermal shield to put it on. I just rolled my eyes and went into Sephora and then I went to the next elevator, went up, down and around to avoid this guy who would basically tackle you to get you into his kiosk. I'm perfectly happy with a Jose Eber flat iron and who says I want stick straight hair. I use it just to smooth my hair and it works great.
Anyway, I looked it up online and they offer these "great" warranties or money back and then do not honor them. I prefer a "bricks and mortar" store.
The one in the kiosk was offered at 99.00, but I think they probably used a high-end one for the demo and then switched to a low-end one in the box.
I have a sixth sense when it comes to b.s. and scam artists. This guy asked me what kind of flat iron I had. When I said "Jose Eber" he tried to tell me he had worked for Jose in Beverly HIlls. I resisted the temptation to ask why he was working a crappy kiosk job at a Mall in Texas.
I know people have to make a living. I really hate the kiosk thing so much that I often avoid malls.
If anyone else has anything to add, feel free.
What is a kiosk?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min sonicfilter 1,101,052
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 51 min Murph 70,459
5000 post wins (Feb '13) 1 hr Princess Hey 4,166
Privilege Waived - Part II . . . Remember Me? 2 hr Lon Spector 33
Casey Anthony maintains baby sitter was not fab... (Feb '14) 2 hr bunner 257
What life is like for Casey Anthony 3 hr Lon Spector 196
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr LessHypeMoreFact 46,359
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 3 hr LizW 486,663
•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••