<quoted text>Great videos! lol
yeah, I thought you'd like that one. lol

Level 8

Since: Mar 12

Sugar Land, TX

#14918 Jul 12, 2013
LizW wrote:
Good Morning All
The Guadalupe River looks awesome. The closest body of water we have is Lake Ontario which was just voted one of the dirtiest lakes in the country. This summer has been pretty warm so far and I'm not sure if the beach is even opened because of the pollution.
Are y'all going down to the beach again this year?

Level 9

Since: Sep 11

Weeki Wachee, Florida

#14919 Jul 12, 2013
JaneDear wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning.
I have a big ouside dog and when it rains she's an inside dog.
She'll try tearing the door down just to get in.
Any plans for the weekend?
Waiting to find out if my husband's on call. If he's not, I want to go to this Spanish Restaurant "Columbia's" and a movie. There's always work to do at the house though.

Level 3

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#14920 Jul 12, 2013
Spooky Mulder wrote:
<quoted text>
Waiting to find out if my husband's on call. If he's not, I want to go to this Spanish Restaurant "Columbia's" and a movie. There's always work to do at the house though.
That is a very good restaurant in Tampa! Last time we went I ordered the,Cannelloni de Langosta “Setes Portes”
A favorite of ours when we visit Barcelona, tender Cannelloni pasta filled with Maine lobster meat, tender shrimp, pan seared scallops and sautéed shallots, blended with a lobster sherry cream reduction, smothered with a lobster sherry Mornay sauce. Yummyness

Level 9

Weeki Wachee, Florida

#14921 Jul 12, 2013
World War Z wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a very good restaurant in Tampa! Last time we went I ordered the,Cannelloni de Langosta “Setes Portes”
A favorite of ours when we visit Barcelona, tender Cannelloni pasta filled with Maine lobster meat, tender shrimp, pan seared scallops and sautéed shallots, blended with a lobster sherry cream reduction, smothered with a lobster sherry Mornay sauce. Yummyness
Went to the one that was in The Pier complex in St. Pete. I don't know if it's still open. We're going to the one in Ybor City. I'm a steak person, myself.

Level 3

Location hidden

#14922 Jul 12, 2013
Spooky Mulder wrote:
<quoted text>
Went to the one that was in The Pier complex in St. Pete. I don't know if it's still open. We're going to the one in Ybor City. I'm a steak person, myself.
Columbias is good Cuban food. Palomilla
Marinated Top Sirloin cut very thin and quickly grilled. Topped with mojo crudo (chopped onion, parsley and lime juice.) Served with platanos and fries or rice. Chimichurri one of my favs.

“That's all folks...”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

#14923 Jul 12, 2013
Spooky Mulder wrote:
<quoted text>
The last time we ate at The Columbia it was on the pier.
We had visited the Dali museum that day, too.

I can remember old late night ads for The Columbia Restaurant.
He was always showing off his cusine but I never thought a
huge fish with the head and eyes still intact, nesting on a
bed of yellow rice and peas.

My grandfather was murdered in Ybor City, case was never solved.
I'm glad Tampa realized the historical significance of Ybor City.
It was so downtrodden for so many years.
Kudos to Tampa!

Level 3

Location hidden

#14924 Jul 12, 2013
Spooky Mulder wrote:
<quoted text>
We go to Riverwalk Tampa, old water street.

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#14925 Jul 12, 2013
I meant~~
I didn't find the fish platter thing to be appetizing, but I was only about 10 yrs old...
lol

Level 3

Location hidden

#14926 Jul 12, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
I meant~~
I didn't find the fish platter thing to be appetizing, but I was only about 10 yrs old...
lol
It's hard to eat something when it's looking at you.

Level 9

Weeki Wachee, Florida

#14927 Jul 12, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
The last time we ate at The Columbia it was on the pier.
We had visited the Dali museum that day, too.
I can remember old late night ads for The Columbia Restaurant.
He was always showing off his cusine but I never thought a
huge fish with the head and eyes still intact, nesting on a
bed of yellow rice and peas.
My grandfather was murdered in Ybor City, case was never solved.
I'm glad Tampa realized the historical significance of Ybor City.
It was so downtrodden for so many years.
Kudos to Tampa!
I love the Dali museum. And I'm also glad the people in Tampa figured out the historical umportance of Ybor.

The first time we went to Burn's, I told my husband it looked like a bordello with all that red flocked wallpaper on the walls. We took the tour through the wine cellar, that was fascinating because some celebs keep their wine stored there to have when they eat there.

I guess, The Pier closed. I hope they don't replace it with something uglier. That would be hard to do. We used to go down there for the Fourth of July fireworks. The fireworks always look better when they're fired over water.

I like going to the Ray's games. When the Veteran's was opened, it made getting down there so much easier. Since it's a toll road, it's not heavily travelled.

Level 3

Location hidden

#14928 Jul 12, 2013
Ybor City is a historic neighborhood in Tampa, Florida located just northeast of downtown. It was founded in the 1880s by cigar manufacturers and was populated by thousands of immigrants, mainly from Spain, Cuba, and Italy.

That explains the food! How can I count the ways to enjoy Food! There are so many different kinds!

Level 1

Location hidden

#14929 Jul 13, 2013
Hi, all. I hope everyone has a beautiful Saturday (:

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#14932 Jul 13, 2013
LizW wrote:
Good Morning All
I wonder if the Zimmerman jury will reach a verdict today. Whichever way it goes I hope everything is peaceful and those jurors aren't harassed afterwards. That's one jury I would hate to be on.
The media is hyping violence on this~~shame on them!

I would not want to be on any high profile case.

It probably won't be long now and I guess, time will tell...

Level 8

Sugar Land, TX

#14933 Jul 13, 2013
World War Z wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this where you took the big girl?
No wonder she was drooling all over your plate!

Level 8

Sugar Land, TX

#14934 Jul 13, 2013
Good morning everyone.

I haven't been following the trial, but I agree with you all--
This is one jury I would not want to be on.

Level 9

Weeki Wachee, Florida

#14935 Jul 13, 2013
JaneDear wrote:
Good morning everyone.
I haven't been following the trial, but I agree with you all--
This is one jury I would not want to be on.
Me neither. I really haven't commented much on it, myself. I watched about ten minutes of the trial and had to change channels. People from both sides were making complete asses of themselves.

Level 3

Location hidden

#14936 Jul 13, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>It's a great time! Especially when the river's flowing! lol
Sounds like a relaxing time.

Level 3

Location hidden

#14937 Jul 13, 2013
LizW wrote:
Good Morning All
I wonder if the Zimmerman jury will reach a verdict today. Whichever way it goes I hope everything is peaceful and those jurors aren't harassed afterwards. That's one jury I would hate to be on.
Good Evening all here

Who would want to be those people?

Level 3

Location hidden

#14938 Jul 13, 2013
LizW wrote:
That sounds delicious<quoted text>
It was Liz! Not sure if they have a Columbias rest. in NY? NY has every kind of different food in the World right there in one City!
You being in NY, you would know a Great Italian,Cuban, Spanish meal. Capice. Sure would be cool if you posted at night.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min USAsince1680 1,642,695
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 1 hr fortmyersf 514,584
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 64,126
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 6 hr zazz 98,588
News Casey Anthony won't have court appearance today (Sep '08) 16 hr Jason 3,348
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 22 hr ANGHARAD 73,867
Anyone ever eat at the Funky Monkey Mon Adrianna S 1

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages