“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#14877 Jul 10, 2013
World War Z wrote:
<quoted text>
:)
Hey is WWZ a good movie? I haven't had the chance to see it yet.

Level 8

Since: Mar 12

Rochelle, GA

#14878 Jul 10, 2013
Spooky Mulder wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need clothes. My closets are packed and at the end of season, i pack some away just to find room for what's in season. I loved shopping at Anthrpologie and Urban Outfitters but the closest ones are in Tampa. It's not really far but I hate driving to Old Hyde Park. That traffic is horrible and the exits are confusing. The GPS seems to fail me at times like this. Around the house, it's just shorts and Tees.
I used to shop at Kohl's. it's just okay.
I need clothes. I cant have too many clothes.

Good morning everyone.

Level 8

Rochelle, GA

#14879 Jul 10, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>Kmart supposedly went bankrupt and moved out of Texas a few years back, but they are making somewhat of a comeback of late.
I knew I hadn't seen a k-mart around in a long time...
I didn't know they went bakrupt.

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#14880 Jul 10, 2013
JaneDear wrote:
<quoted text>
Well sort of, I'm not exactly sure but it was something like that. But I've seen a few lately, I think they are trying to come back?
North Texas

Minneapolis, MN

#14881 Jul 10, 2013
I remember going to the campus of SMU and it was beautiful. There's also
TCU, UTA, TWU, North Texas U, and probably junior colleges which I don't remember off the top of my head.

I used to shop Dillard's, but it kind of rubbed me the wrong way that they went to AE for their card. If you pay cash, they look at you funny. Kohl's has a fair selection of capris and casual capri jeans. I go elsewhere to buy shoes and tops. Cole Haan makes good shoes, butI don't think Kohl's carry them. Kohl's seems to be big on sketchers and tennis shoes. Some swear by DSW. I bought a couple of bags in there and they fell apart quickly. They do have sales and some ladies in there told me they are sometimes as much as 80% off. I have a mountain of shoes but can always use more! I need some black capri pants (dressy) and dressy casual sandals.

Also, what about flat irons? I use one just to smooth the top layer which can get unruly.
North Texas

Minneapolis, MN

#14882 Jul 10, 2013
JaneDear wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone used to send me clothes from K-Mart n a medium which ran like a small. I always just donated them. They would tell me to return them. No, how about you send the right size. I hate it when people just buy something off the clearance rack, send it to you with the knowledge it's cheap and too small. Then they expect a handwritten thank you note. I started telling people just to donate to the charity of their choice because I honestly like to pick out and try on my clothes. Someone bought me some tennis shoes with the velcro closings in white. I didn't want to look like an escapee.
Geez. Okay, so I am a little picky.

I never liked K-mart. One of my grandmothers taught me how to look for quality clothing by zippers, if they were lined and stitching. K-mart flunks as does W-Mart. They're okay if you need to buy shorts or workout pants. That's about it.

Level 9

Since: Sep 11

Weeki Wachee, Florida

#14883 Jul 10, 2013
JaneDear wrote:
<quoted text>
I need clothes. I cant have too many clothes.
Good morning everyone.
You can absolutely have too many. I found that out. I've taken over three walk-in closets. It's so bad that the movers lost a wardrobe box and I didn't notice for two years. I was really mad but couldn't hold the movers accountable after that long. I say lost because I can't imagine movers would steal clothes but they also stole numerous things from the house. I packed a lot of stuff myself, particularly my jewelry, and my husband insisted on having the movers pack the rest. Never again!!
North Texas

Minneapolis, MN

#14884 Jul 10, 2013
One of my friends moved and they had two garages full of boxes. Then they found out the movers would put one item in a box like a lamp shade and fill the box up with paper. She had collections of Barbie collectibles still in the box that got smashed. She was in corporate housing initially and the company paid for the rent and also to have a maid come in and clean. They got moved after they bought a house and she put a ton of money in it customizing it. I think they just broke even but got it sold. It was just one of those 4 bedroom
2 1/2 bath 2 gar garage cookie cutter houses. They had only so long to point out problems with the house. I noticed right away that the kitchen flooring was pieced together oddly and some other things like that. I don't mean to be a snob, but I know shoddy work when I see it.

Family used to give me clothes for Christmas. I'll think I have the old clothes quarantined to donate and will even think I got them hauled off and then like magic, they are still hanging around. I swear stuff in containers and guest closets breeds while you sleep.

Need to get the day started. I don't feel like shopping or swimming. What's a good third choice? Keep it friendly, please.

Level 8

Rochelle, GA

#14885 Jul 10, 2013
Spooky Mulder wrote:
<quoted text>
You can absolutely have too many. I found that out. I've taken over three walk-in closets. It's so bad that the movers lost a wardrobe box and I didn't notice for two years. I was really mad but couldn't hold the movers accountable after that long. I say lost because I can't imagine movers would steal clothes but they also stole numerous things from the house. I packed a lot of stuff myself, particularly my jewelry, and my husband insisted on having the movers pack the rest. Never again!!
Spooky, I think you might have too many clothes. lol

3 closets full?!

Level 8

Rochelle, GA

#14886 Jul 10, 2013
OK I'm thinking of going to San Antonio.

We could do Sea World or Fiesta Texas.
Maybe go to the Alamo.

I haven't been in a long time...
North Texas

Minneapolis, MN

#14887 Jul 10, 2013
There's a pretty nice Double Tree in San Antonio. I'll have to think of which one we stayed at (address), but there was an outdoor elevator from the pool that went straight up to a room you could enter from the balcony. The room service was nice. I don't remember too much about the food.

Seaworld is a usually a thrill for the kids, whether they are your own or you are helping friends corral their kids. The food was overpriced and just so-so.

The Riverwalk and Alamo are standard fare. We've done the boat ride on the Riverwalk.

When I went to San Antonio a different trip, I visited a friend who had grown up there. We looked at beautiful homes and knew which areas to steer clear of as some areas are questionable. There's also lots of missions and probably art museums. The Southwest Craft Center is there and they have classes/activities for kids during the summer. It's 300 Augusta.

One of my friends swears that Mi Tierra is the best place to go.

As for schools (if anyone has to move there) plan on private school or picking your neighborhood wisely. I don't mean to sound like a snob, but someone I knew had a child who got picked on for being Anglo and had other negative experiences. There's a huge Catholic influence there.

Okay, I sound like a tour guide. Someone give me some decaff coffee.

Level 9

Since: Sep 11

Weeki Wachee, Florida

#14888 Jul 10, 2013
JaneDear wrote:
<quoted text>
Spooky, I think you might have too many clothes. lol
3 closets full?!
Lol. Maybe a few too many. I get that from my mom. She had this way of getting around my dad with her shopping addiction. When she bought something, she'd put it somewhere for about a month. When she'd wear it or suddenly hang a new painting on the wall, my dad would ask if it was new. She knew she could say no without lying. I used to tell my husband that everything was $39.95 until it became a joke between us.

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#14889 Jul 10, 2013
Barton Spings near Austin is a great place this time of year! So is the Guadalupe River!

Level 8

Rochelle, GA

#14890 Jul 10, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
Barton Spings near Austin is a great place this time of year! So is the Guadalupe River!
Ooh I wanna go tubing!

Level 3

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#14891 Jul 10, 2013
JaneDear wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooh I wanna go tubing!
That is a blast.

“what are you talking about you”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

schlappington, by god

#14892 Jul 10, 2013
JaneDear wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooh I wanna go tubing!
ol coot goin twobin ona layk sownoma ona frydayz ...... yuns welcum two joyn the partee miss jane dear gurl!
frig my lifes!

Level 3

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#14893 Jul 10, 2013
JaneDear wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooh I wanna go tubing!
Kite tubing nose dive.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#14894 Jul 11, 2013
Good Morning All

We still have K-Marts around here but some have closed in recent years. I'm not sure if K-mart has gone bankrupt but they have had financial problems for years. The local K-marts parking lot were always full around here until we started getting Walmart and Target in the area.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#14895 Jul 11, 2013
Frigs my lifes!

LG I think CooterBob just asked you for a date.

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#14896 Jul 11, 2013
LizW wrote:
Frigs my lifes!
LG I think CooterBob just asked you for a date.
lol!

Hey Cooter!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min smile n wave 1,602,863
Poll Child Protective Services Should Be SUED Along ... (Aug '12) 22 hr Angela 40
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 23 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 63,981
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) Sat Murphey_Law 513,687
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) Sat zazz 98,518
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) Sep 22 LizW 73,841
News Should men wear pantyhose for warmth? It's not ... (Jan '09) Sep 22 james52 244

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages