JaneDear wrote:
<quoted text>
I got an error message...
The link you posted before worked :)
Frigs.
North Texas

Minneapolis, MN

#14834 Jul 9, 2013
One thing I want to warn Mall shoppers about is those kiosks with overbearing sales people. Someone tried to sell us what they said was a $250.00 value flat iron and when I wouldn't bite, he offered to throw in a thermal shield to put it on. I just rolled my eyes and went into Sephora and then I went to the next elevator, went up, down and around to avoid this guy who would basically tackle you to get you into his kiosk. I'm perfectly happy with a Jose Eber flat iron and who says I want stick straight hair. I use it just to smooth my hair and it works great.

Anyway, I looked it up online and they offer these "great" warranties or money back and then do not honor them. I prefer a "bricks and mortar" store.

The one in the kiosk was offered at 99.00, but I think they probably used a high-end one for the demo and then switched to a low-end one in the box.
I have a sixth sense when it comes to b.s. and scam artists. This guy asked me what kind of flat iron I had. When I said "Jose Eber" he tried to tell me he had worked for Jose in Beverly HIlls. I resisted the temptation to ask why he was working a crappy kiosk job at a Mall in Texas.

I know people have to make a living. I really hate the kiosk thing so much that I often avoid malls.

If anyone else has anything to add, feel free.
North Texas

Minneapolis, MN

#14835 Jul 9, 2013
World War Z wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't sound like you have ever been to Texas, how come?
Maybe cause I live here.
For those of you who got a laugh out of Grapeville, there's a Grapevine Mills address and I guess I abbreviated it Grapeville. Has anyone been to Grapevine Mills?
North Texas

Minneapolis, MN

#14836 Jul 9, 2013
Sorry, that's 'cause or because. I don't want to get an F on my paper. Also, I read that the Grapevine Hills Simon Mall (outlet) is like an anthill. That means the regular malls are not that crowded. I'm not against a good deal, but if I have to fight for parking, fight for an item and deal with derelicts, I'd rather stay home or shop sales at a regular mall. Where's your favorite place to shop?

Does anyone shop at Kohl's?

Level 3

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#14837 Jul 9, 2013
North Texas wrote:
One thing I want to warn Mall shoppers about is those kiosks with overbearing sales people. Someone tried to sell us what they said was a $250.00 value flat iron and when I wouldn't bite, he offered to throw in a thermal shield to put it on. I just rolled my eyes and went into Sephora and then I went to the next elevator, went up, down and around to avoid this guy who would basically tackle you to get you into his kiosk. I'm perfectly happy with a Jose Eber flat iron and who says I want stick straight hair. I use it just to smooth my hair and it works great.
Anyway, I looked it up online and they offer these "great" warranties or money back and then do not honor them. I prefer a "bricks and mortar" store.
The one in the kiosk was offered at 99.00, but I think they probably used a high-end one for the demo and then switched to a low-end one in the box.
I have a sixth sense when it comes to b.s. and scam artists. This guy asked me what kind of flat iron I had. When I said "Jose Eber" he tried to tell me he had worked for Jose in Beverly HIlls. I resisted the temptation to ask why he was working a crappy kiosk job at a Mall in Texas.
I know people have to make a living. I really hate the kiosk thing so much that I often avoid malls.
If anyone else has anything to add, feel free.
What is a kiosk?

Level 8

Since: Mar 12

Sugar Land, TX

#14838 Jul 9, 2013
World War Z wrote:
<quoted text>
What is a kiosk?
You know, the little "stands" in the middle of malls where people try to sell you things.

Level 8

Sugar Land, TX

#14839 Jul 9, 2013
North Texas wrote:
Sorry, that's 'cause or because. I don't want to get an F on my paper. Also, I read that the Grapevine Hills Simon Mall (outlet) is like an anthill. That means the regular malls are not that crowded. I'm not against a good deal, but if I have to fight for parking, fight for an item and deal with derelicts, I'd rather stay home or shop sales at a regular mall. Where's your favorite place to shop?
Does anyone shop at Kohl's?
I used to like Kohl's...
I can't stand Kohls now.

Level 8

Sugar Land, TX

#14840 Jul 9, 2013
North Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me where you might want to go and I'll tell you what I know. If I list everywhere, I'll get labeled a braggart. I also need a cue to remember. If we go somewhere repeatedly, we try to do different things. If you have been to Grapevine or live in North Texas, you know there's all kinds of great activities for kids and adults. It also depends on the interest of the kids. Some might be bored to tears by going to the different museums and it may be too hot to go to the zoos depending on the age of the kids.
I was just teasing because the Robertsons made a "red neck" water park out of a tank. I prefer water I can see through and where things aren't tickling my body. If that makes me a snob, I apologize.
Do your kids like horseback/trail rides or camping? I'd like camping if I could take an RV/camper.
Off to the pool again. I like pools and jacuzzi action. I just don't like to see someone bring their kid in and smile while saying their kid just made a poo poo or poop in their diaper. Then it's game over for me. Again, sorry if that qualifies me as a snob. If I wanted to swim in a "tank" I would.
My kids like doing most of the things you mentioned.
I'm not camping in any tent though lol. I like camping if it's in a cabin or RV.

Level 3

Location hidden

#14841 Jul 9, 2013
JaneDear wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, the little "stands" in the middle of malls where people try to sell you things.
Now I know! Thanks, was never a mall person and wasn't aware of the technical term. How'd you get so smart?

Level 8

Sugar Land, TX

#14842 Jul 9, 2013
World War Z wrote:
<quoted text>
Now I know! Thanks, was never a mall person and wasn't aware of the technical term. How'd you get so smart?
You're welcome.

LOL
North Texas

Minneapolis, MN

#14843 Jul 9, 2013
JaneDear wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to like Kohl's...
I can't stand Kohls now.
Will I get a snob award if I say I don't not like clothes from Walmart, Target, Ross, Marshall's, etc.?
They are disposable clothes. Someone mentioned Goodwill. The stuff looks like the stuff I try to get rid off. One lady donated a bunch of stuff to Goodwill, missed her items and bought them back. I know some of my stories sound fake. My stories are at least 95% true like Si Robertson on Duck
Dynasty. He cracks me up. Probably crazy as a loon but very entertaining.

What happened at Kohl's? I don't like that they use that old school tags they have to take off and sometimes forget and the door doesn't catch it. I don't ever find shoes there. The lady who does my hair said go to Macy's and pick through the sales racks.

Has anyone gotten sore from a Jacuzzi and no, this isn't a lead in to a weirdo story. lol

Level 3

Location hidden

#14844 Jul 9, 2013
JaneDear wrote:
<quoted text>
You're welcome.
LOL
Hey, heads up, we went to college together in Texas if anyone asks.
TIA

Level 3

Location hidden

#14845 Jul 9, 2013
JaneDear wrote:
<quoted text>
My kids like doing most of the things you mentioned.
I'm not camping in any tent though lol. I like camping if it's in a cabin or RV.
Dang right, the Bears!

Level 3

Location hidden

#14846 Jul 9, 2013
North Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
Will I get a snob award if I say I don't not like clothes from Walmart, Target, Ross, Marshall's, etc.?
They are disposable clothes. Someone mentioned Goodwill. The stuff looks like the stuff I try to get rid off. One lady donated a bunch of stuff to Goodwill, missed her items and bought them back. I know some of my stories sound fake. My stories are at least 95% true like Si Robertson on Duck
What happened at Kohl's? I don't like that they use that old school tags they have to take off and sometimes forget and the door doesn't catch it. I don't ever find shoes there. The lady who does my hair said go to Macy's and pick through the sales racks.
Has anyone gotten sore from a Jacuzzi and no, this isn't a lead in to a weirdo story. lol
I wear some K-mart stuff, can we still be friends?
vanessa

Philippines

#14847 Jul 9, 2013
..21 f ..hot pretty and busty girl show for$$$ sky pe me e-vanessancexxd
North Texas

Minneapolis, MN

#14848 Jul 9, 2013
Baylor Bears in Waco. Alrighty then. Your family must have the bucks as it is private or you are both braniacs and got full-ride scholarships. Even the offshoot campus in Belton is $$$$.

Did you get a 2 for 1 degree?

Level 8

Sugar Land, TX

#14849 Jul 9, 2013
North Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I don't like Old Navy either. I don't think I'm a snob lol.
I can't ever find anything I like at Kohls.
Have you heard of Plato's Closet? "Brand names gently used." The add on the radio made it sound great. A friend went there yesterday (she's pregnant and thought she'd find some summer dresses).
Anyway, she said that place is nasty.
Someone on another thread was talking about resale shops and said, "Who wants to wear clothes that smell like ass and smoke?" LOL

OK, What happened in the jacuzzi?
North Texas

Minneapolis, MN

#14850 Jul 9, 2013
Have you ever heard of Leonard's? It had a little subway. It's a museum now. Sad.

Level 8

Sugar Land, TX

#14851 Jul 9, 2013
World War Z wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, heads up, we went to college together in Texas if anyone asks.
TIA
OK , but we weren't roomies.

Level 8

Sugar Land, TX

#14852 Jul 9, 2013
World War Z wrote:
<quoted text>
Dang right, the Bears!
The heat, bugs,snakes and critters!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr moshx 1,483,218
Double Fun Word Game (Mar '11) 6 hr Princess Hey 13,170
subs weed roofiess Xanies bar,Blues,oc's,molly 6 hr sisi 1
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 7 hr Princess Hey 19,333
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 10 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 62,981
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 16 hr zazz 98,316
News Faces Drug Charges (Aug '08) 19 hr Mt Vernon Rd resi... 15

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages