|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

tribe mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Maverick 808! I know you are posting to Liz. I hope you don't mind me putting my two cents in.
I think everyone needs to get away from the N word. It was/still is demeaning to African Americans (imho). I believe we ALL need to make a concerted effort to make sure the word disappears from everyones' vocabulary and ends up being a distant, ugly memory.
You don't hear celebrities such as Will Smith or LL Cool J spouting it every breath. I believe they're more educated and classy to degrade their own race. I also don't believe it's okay for blacks to say, even if it is to each other. I just don't buy it that it is a term of endearment to anyone.
Feel free to send me to the corner anytime you want.
I'm not really a meanie, I just play one on Topix.
:)

I completely agree with you, after I saw that episode of Oprah, I banned her program and now her channel from my house.

I see no reasonable reason to use racist slurs against anyone.

“Relax”

Level 8

Since: May 11

Siesta, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

LizW wrote:
I missed that show. Did they mention how they felt when other's used the word?
Thanks.<quoted text>
Just that when anyone else uses the N word it's a racist slur.

“Relax”

Level 8

Since: May 11

Siesta, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

JaneDear wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not black so I can't know for sure,
but I think the idea is that if they own the word
then it loses it's power.
I believe you are right but I'm sure there will be someone somewhere that will turn that around on people that do that.

Level 4

Since: Jan 13

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

JaneDear wrote:
*Britain's
and
* whatever else too
Y'all have to give me a break...I'm 95 years old!
We knew that, or I did.

“waiting for Topix to change---”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

I want to make a comment about using the word retarded~~

When I was a kid, the word was used for all types
of disabilities. Softer kinder words such as mentally challenged had not been "invented" yet.

In it's context it could go like this:
"Mrs. Smith has a retarded son who is 45, she worries about what will happen when she is gone."
It was not said with malice.

The first time I heard the term, Downs Syndrome,
was in the late 60's early 70's.

Hopefully, when we know better, we do better.

Level 4

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

rubygoober wrote:
of disabilities. Softer kinder words such as mentally challenged had not been "invented" yet.
"Mrs. Smith has a retarded son who is 45, she worries about what will happen when she is gone."
I agree, can we still call people dumbass?

Level 6

Since: Aug 10

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Hi all I have to share my little story with you.
When my youngest son was in the first grade I was
sitting out frt in the car waiting for him to come out. He came out about 15 min late and when he got
in the car I asked him why he was late? He said he
had to stay in. Next question was what did you do?
He said with tears in his eyes nothing,well what did the teacher say? She just said I was retarded and had to stay in after school.You bet your boots I went straight in to that teacher and then we both had a good laugh when she said she told him he was tardy and had to quite playing in the hall.
So I always have to smile when I hear that word.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Since: Apr 09

Happytown, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

rubygoober wrote:
I agree Ruby. I'm not so touchy about the "R" word. My brother was called that and everything else in the book, when in fact he was brain-damaged from being thrown from a car during an accident which happened when he was 2 weeks old and was classified as emotionally disturbed, which I think WAS the correct diagnosis (jmho).

It was the rude remarks made by teachers in front of the whole class publicly humiliating them when these same teachers knew full well ahead of time what kind of children they would be teacher. I thought it was insensitive for them to do so when they are supposed to be the adult and set an example. I also thought some of them were trying to get a laugh in front of the class at my child's expense. What kind of person does that in front of a class to a child no less?

Also, these children are stigmatized as being dumb, stupid and lazy which couldn't be further than the truth. Who would choose to be stupid, slow, or dumb on purpose? I've seen the difference in their struggles and my daughter's ability to just breeze through the same assignment without so much as a backward glance at the assignment. It's pointed out that they must try harder. Ha! That's the understatement of the year. They usually need to learn memorization skills (imho), which will improve their chances. Some can handle it. Some get tired and give up, embarrassed to ask questions over and over again, and do not understand why the rest of the class gets (with ease) what it takes them forever to understand.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

A plan in motion

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Good Morning All

Ruby you make a good point. When I was growing up there were always the kids who teased other kids with learning disabilities, probably because their parents didn't know any better and it was more acceptable back then. Now mainly when I hear the R or N word being tossed around it's not done with malice. It's almost as if it's part of some peoples everyday vocabulary.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

A plan in motion

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Tribe I'm so sorry your brother and kids had to endure that type of treatment. Did you report the teachers? If it happened here I'm betting the teacher would be terminated.
tribe mom wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree Ruby. I'm not so touchy about the "R" word. My brother was called that and everything else in the book, when in fact he was brain-damaged from being thrown from a car during an accident which happened when he was 2 weeks old and was classified as emotionally disturbed, which I think WAS the correct diagnosis (jmho).
It was the rude remarks made by teachers in front of the whole class publicly humiliating them when these same teachers knew full well ahead of time what kind of children they would be teacher. I thought it was insensitive for them to do so when they are supposed to be the adult and set an example. I also thought some of them were trying to get a laugh in front of the class at my child's expense. What kind of person does that in front of a class to a child no less?
Also, these children are stigmatized as being dumb, stupid and lazy which couldn't be further than the truth. Who would choose to be stupid, slow, or dumb on purpose? I've seen the difference in their struggles and my daughter's ability to just breeze through the same assignment without so much as a backward glance at the assignment. It's pointed out that they must try harder. Ha! That's the understatement of the year. They usually need to learn memorization skills (imho), which will improve their chances. Some can handle it. Some get tired and give up, embarrassed to ask questions over and over again, and do not understand why the rest of the class gets (with ease) what it takes them forever to understand.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

A plan in motion

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

I don't necessarily believe that people who do bad things or say bad things have karma coming their way..........but personally I wouldn't want to chance it.

During middle school and high school there was this little girl in our school. She had more than just a skin condition but I'm not exactly sure what else was going on. Her skin was wrinkled and flaky. Flaky as whatever she wore would be covered with skin flakes. Wrinkled like 90 year old woman, and you know how sometimes senior citizen's bottom eye lids droop and you can see the red under the eye, she also had that. If you saw a picture of the girl one would think she was a old lady and not a child. She was constantly teased and especially by this one girl in middle school. Stay away from her she has cooties, etc, etc. It seemed like everyday the little girl was crying. I know she went to the first year or so of high school with me and the same girl was harassing her then. After awhile I never saw the girl with the skin problem around , but then again the school I went to had over 2000 students and triple sessions. So she could have been there and I just never saw her. The one doing the teasing was very popular, but on the nasty side. We had a lot of the same friends but I tried to have as little to do with her as possible. For years whenever I thought about her or saw her all I would remember was how mean she was to the girl with the skin problem.

Fast forward about 10 years out of high school. The local new stations were always reporting on a little girl who had cancer. They would show the family at fund raisers, at the airport flying to or from different treatment centers, etc. Mostly when I would catch the news it was showing the Dad holding the little girl. Usually he was crying and just seemed totally devastated. One day I saw a interview with the Mom, it was the same girl from middle school and high school who was always picking on the girl with the skin condition.

Level 4

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

tribe mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to hear you fell on your head as a baby. It explains a lot.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

LizW wrote:
Tribe I'm so sorry your brother and kids had to endure that type of treatment. Did you report the teachers? If it happened here I'm betting the teacher would be terminated.<quoted text>
No, Liz. I didn't really want to cause the teachers a problem. I usually talked to them in private. I don't always believe you can fix stupid either. Here I am doing it? Isn't that a Judge Judyism?
:-)

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Rambleroid wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to hear you fell on your head as a baby. It explains a lot.
Thanks Brad!

Level 7

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Good morning everyone!
I have such a exciting day planned. Not! Cleaning all day!

“waiting for Topix to change---”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Good morning everyone that is here to just have
a decent discussion or post their point of view~~

I read where Paula Deen has split with her agent
of twelve years.
I wonder who threw in the towel?
Twelve years is a lot of money for that agent.

I think calling her just a restaurant owner who
lucked out and made it big is quite the insult.

Just seeing her on tv, she looks whipped.
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

rubygoober wrote:
Good morning everyone that is here to just have
a decent discussion or post their point of view~~
I read where Paula Deen has split with her agent
of twelve years.
I wonder who threw in the towel?
Twelve years is a lot of money for that agent.
I think calling her just a restaurant owner who
lucked out and made it big is quite the insult.
Just seeing her on tv, she looks whipped.
Hi, Allbodies. I hope you have a great Saturday.
Ruby, I have never watched a Paul Deen show. I don't watch tv and, even if I did, I wouldn't watch a cooking show. But, I have kept up with all the mess on the internet and I stand firmly behind Paula Deen. The way they have persecuted that woman is an absolute outrage. I did notice that one of the internet news groups is now carrying all of her books.

Level 4

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

LizW wrote:
I don't necessarily believe that people who do bad things or say bad things have karma coming their way..........but personally I wouldn't want to chance it.
During middle school and high school there was this little girl in our school. She had more than just a skin condition but I'm not exactly sure what else was going on. Her skin was wrinkled and flaky. Flaky as whatever she wore would be covered with skin flakes. Wrinkled like 90 year old woman, and you know how sometimes senior citizen's bottom eye lids droop and you can see the red under the eye, she also had that. If you saw a picture of the girl one would think she was a old lady and not a child. She was constantly teased and especially by this one girl in middle school. Stay away from her she has cooties, etc, etc. It seemed like everyday the little girl was crying. I know she went to the first year or so of high school with me and the same girl was harassing her then. After awhile I never saw the girl with the skin problem around , but then again the school I went to had over 2000 students and triple sessions. So she could have been there and I just never saw her. The one doing the teasing was very popular, but on the nasty side. We had a lot of the same friends but I tried to have as little to do with her as possible. For years whenever I thought about her or saw her all I would remember was how mean she was to the girl with the skin problem.
Fast forward about 10 years out of high school. The local new stations were always reporting on a little girl who had cancer. They would show the family at fund raisers, at the airport flying to or from different treatment centers, etc. Mostly when I would catch the news it was showing the Dad holding the little girl. Usually he was crying and just seemed totally devastated. One day I saw a interview with the Mom, it was the same girl from middle school and high school who was always picking on the girl with the skin condition.

Speaking of Karma, was it really necessary to go into such great detail to describe (through your eyes) just how terrible that poor girl to look to you ?
Then try to convey it so total strangers would get the picture ??
I noticed you never mentioned any of her good qualities. I'm sure she had many. But someone like you wound never see that !
Then trying to connect a child having Cancer was because God was punishing her mother ?( God or who ever you feel controls Karma) That was the lowest post you have ever made, and you have made many with your ugly hidden messages.
Bad move coming from someone who goes out of the way to convince others how much better you are than the other posters..
Posts like this just proves how rude you really are and why the need to continuously paint yourself as being a wonderful person.. Your so transparent!

“A lady never discusses the ”

Level 8

Since: Mar 12

size of her yarn stash

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

cindLee wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of Karma, was it really necessary to go into such great detail to describe (through your eyes) just how terrible that poor girl to look to you ?
Then try to convey it so total strangers would get the picture ??
I noticed you never mentioned any of her good qualities. I'm sure she had many. But someone like you wound never see that !
Then trying to connect a child having Cancer was because God was punishing her mother ?( God or who ever you feel controls Karma) That was the lowest post you have ever made, and you have made many with your ugly hidden messages.
Bad move coming from someone who goes out of the way to convince others how much better you are than the other posters..
Posts like this just proves how rude you really are and why the need to continuously paint yourself as being a wonderful person.. Your so transparent!
Hidden messages?!
Like backmasking?

You reading comments backwards again?
From the TOP, cindLee... from the top.

Level 6

Since: Aug 10

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

cindLee have you ever taken the time to figure out
why you need to make such unkind and downright nasty post.
It could be that you were never spoken to in a kind way when you were a child??
Or it just be you crave attention and no one gives it to you.
But my guess is you are just a nasty little bitch
and have nothing better to do.
So have fun Liz or no one else gives a rat's azz what you say..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 28 min Grey Ghost 1,099,225
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr litesong 46,275
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 3 hr HELL ON EARTH 486,495
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 7 hr zazz 96,382
The alphabet (Jun '06) 10 hr Doug77 1,048
UCF's Corrupt Residency Reclassification Policy 10 hr ddsmorton 1
MUSIC GAME (the soundtrack of our lives) (Aug '10) 12 hr Princess Hey 8,977
•••
•••
Orlando Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Orlando Jobs

•••