Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have an opinion on this either~~
I'm waiting to hear what the jury decides and why.
And you're right about it being a sad situation all
the way around.
I will say this, our neighborhood watch is strictly that.
Observation and awareness if something seems out of the ordinary call the police.
I just know that I've had a lot of kooky-ass neighbors and acquaintances live in the only two neighborhoods I've lived in in the last 30 years. Some of them should not be allowed to own a gun. I also have 3 sons. I would die if they were gunned down for walking around the area in which we lived just because someone didn't like the way they looked. Many lives have been ruined forever.

I dislike guns. I don't think our rights to own a gun should be taken away, but some folks should NEVER be permitted to own a gun, and I hate to see our country turn into the wild, wild west.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Since: Apr 09

Happytown, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

LizW wrote:
My only opinion is that regardless if Trayvon had some disciplinary problems in the past, if guns weren't so easily accessible and GZ wasn't carrying a gun none of this would have ever happened.<quoted text>
Liz, I agree with you wholeheartedly on this.

“Hiding”

Level 8

Since: May 11

In witness protection

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

LizW wrote:
I hope so too Tribe. This Paula Deen fiasco is just ridiculous. The rappers, comedians use the N word on a regular basis and no one thinks twice about it. Paula Deen used the word almost 30 years ago and is now the poster child for racism.
I feel the same way about people who are trying to play the race card at the George Zimmerman trial. A bunch of BS. I doubt race had anything to do with the situation.
Maybe it's just a North/South thing but I can't remember in my lifetime race ever being a big issue around here.
<quoted text>
I remember when Chris Rock was on Oprah and they were both trying to explain to the audience why it was alright for African-Americans to use the N word. They claimed they could do that because there is no stigma attached to the N word when they use it.

“Hiding”

Level 8

Since: May 11

In witness protection

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

LizW wrote:
Good Morning All.
Missy hope you have a good time on your trip. How long at you going to be gone for?
Does anyone else have a free summertime lunch program in their school district? Yesterday I was dropping Noah off at football and the banners were all waving at the school for the free lunches. This is the second year in a row they've done it. Any child regardless of income and get a free lunch during the summer. Last year they said they were doing it to cut down on the campus traffic. Between summer school and double sessions of practice the campus was very congested. Now parents instead of taking their kids home for lunch and then bring them back to school they can just leave the kids at the school.
There is no program like that here but when school starts up again we will have an after-school program for all middle school students.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Maverick 808 wrote:
<quoted text>I remember when Chris Rock was on Oprah and they were both trying to explain to the audience why it was alright for African-Americans to use the N word. They claimed they could do that because there is no stigma attached to the N word when they use it.
Hi Maverick 808! I know you are posting to Liz. I hope you don't mind me putting my two cents in.

I think everyone needs to get away from the N word. It was/still is demeaning to African Americans (imho). I believe we ALL need to make a concerted effort to make sure the word disappears from everyones' vocabulary and ends up being a distant, ugly memory.

You don't hear celebrities such as Will Smith or LL Cool J spouting it every breath. I believe they're more educated and classy to degrade their own race. I also don't believe it's okay for blacks to say, even if it is to each other. I just don't buy it that it is a term of endearment to anyone.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Happy 4th of July to everyone. I hope all of you enjoy our nations's holiday and celebration of our independence of the greatest country on this planet.

:-)

Goodnight!

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

LizW wrote:
Hi Tribe always good to see you. Hope all is well with you and your family!
The R word bothers me much more than the N word. Maybe it's just because I'm from up North and for the most part the only ones I hear using the word are kids. Kids who are both black and white. I don't approve of the word but it's just something the kids say and don't mean anything by it. I've heard them say " you're my "N word" and that's suppose to be a good thing.
Noah has gone to school and played football with this one little boy( white) who has autism. One of the African boys came across a group of kids who were teasing the boy a few years back. He told the group that the boy was his " N word" and if they had a problem with the boy they were also going to have a problem with him.<quoted text>
Liz, maybe it's too early in the morning and I'm only on my first cup of coffee, but I can't for the life of me guess what the R word is. Can you give me a hint?

BTW, good morning to you. Happy 4th!

Since: Jan 12

Dalton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

JaneDear wrote:
<quoted text>
A few days ago Ron and Rambler somehow
eneded up on the same thread.
They spent hours going around and around
calling each other crazy lol.
It looked a lot like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Are you sure this isn't me slamming Ron with my purse?

Dalton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

Good morning everyone~

“A lady never discusses the ”

Level 8

Since: Mar 12

size of her yarn stash

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

Maverick 808 wrote:
<quoted text>I remember when Chris Rock was on Oprah and they were both trying to explain to the audience why it was alright for African-Americans to use the N word. They claimed they could do that because there is no stigma attached to the N word when they use it.
I'm not black so I can't know for sure,
but I think the idea is that if they own the word
then it loses it's power.

Level 8

size of her yarn stash

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you sure this isn't me slamming Ron with my purse?
You'd have a brick in that purse! LOL

Level 7

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

LizW wrote:
Missy you're sound too Republican!!
If I heard it once I've heard it a million times. If we took away the guns only criminals would have them.
I know it's never going to happen. The general public will always be able to possess guns, I'd settle for stricter gun control allows and more comprehensive background checks on the person wanting to buy the gun and also other family members living in that same household. I'll never allow a gun in my home, but to each is own.
One quick example is the Sandy Hook shooter. His Mother owned the guns legally and from what I remember had them secured. Her son had a long history of problems. Why on earth would that woman keep a arsenal of weapons around with a child who had mental health issues. Look what happened.
New topic..........Are you having a cookout today?<quoted text>
Haha, Liz! At least I am not a Obama Lover!
We went and watched the parade in down town St. Louis. Hubby was marching in the parade. It was so hot, we came home and will go back this evening and watch the fireworks and air show. I am not cooking today, we are eating every meal out.

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

LizW wrote:
Well..........after that smart ass remark you can forget me giving you that extra Obama bumper sticker I have!!!!!!!!!!
That place with the water looked cool. What's it called? How cute that GD brought her dolly with her. Does the doll have a name?<quoted text>
http://www.stlouisunionstation.com/info/histo...

St. Louis has some beautiful buildings, many parks and a lot of beautiful views.
The Granddaughter takes her baby doll every place she goes, it even has its own car seat and a stroller. She is very protective of her baby's. I believe this dolls name is Jasmine.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

A plan in motion

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Good Morning All

Missy those buildings are beautiful. How far is it from your house?

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

LizW wrote:
Good Morning All
Missy those buildings are beautiful. How far is it from your house?
Good morning! It's about 15 miles.

Level 8

size of her yarn stash

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Whatever happened to respect for our elders?

Why do some people feel contempt for older people?

I really don't get it...

Anyway, I've been watching Britaians Got Talent and came across this gem.
I think one of our old bats tried out for BGT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Level 8

size of her yarn stash

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

*Britain's
and
* whatever else too

Y'all have to give me a break...I'm 95 years old!

Dalton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

I'm so old my doctor specializes in anthropology...

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

LizW wrote:
The R word is slang for people with varying degrees of learning disabilities. I find it highly disrespectful and offensive. My kids know better than to ever use the word in front of me unless they want to see me go 7 different kinds of crazy on them.<quoted text>
Thank you so much!

I have three sons all with different degrees of learning disabilities. They are all very intelligent, but had a hard time with "book work" and were made to feel dumb by the ignorant, disrespectful people you are talking about. It was bad enough when kids their own age did it, but when the very teachers who were supposedly trained to teach children with learning disabilities did it, it would sicken me. It seemed I was in never-ending battles trying to advocate for my sons.

My daughter was in gifted and honor classes. The difference between their school experiences were like night and day. I felt so blessed when I realized she wasn't learning-disabled. People, unknowingly or not, would hurt me to the core of my soul with their hurtful remarks regarding my sons' abilities to learn, and the schools are sorely lacking teachers who are trained to help SLD students. It is a shame.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

rubygoober wrote:
I'm so old my doctor specializes in anthropology...
;-)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

29 Users are viewing the Orlando Forum right now

Search the Orlando Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Teaman 1,079,109
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 15 min mdbuilder 45,770
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 1 hr That Laughing Guy 483,828
Casey Anthony maintains baby sitter was not fab... 2 hr Lon Spector 133
last post wins! (Jul '11) 2 hr PATHETIC PRINCESS 5,274
What life is like for Casey Anthony 3 hr Lon Spector 35
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 8 hr Children should be loved 96,315
•••
•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••