“That's all folks...”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

#14577 Jun 30, 2013
Good morning everyone...

The last time I saw anyone raked over the coals
as Paula Deen has been done and still doing,
is when Lance Armstrong F-I-N-A-L-L-Y admitted
he had been doping himself.

It's just my opinion, but I think a lot of this
was done way to prematurely.
Right down to cancelling the publication of her
new cookbook.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#14578 Jun 30, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
Good morning everyone...
The last time I saw anyone raked over the coals
as Paula Deen has been done and still doing,
is when Lance Armstrong F-I-N-A-L-L-Y admitted
he had been doping himself.
It's just my opinion, but I think a lot of this
was done way to prematurely.
Right down to cancelling the publication of her
new cookbook.
Pardon me for butting in on the thread (ain't nobody home at my house) but this is the biggest display of sheer hyprocrisy I have seen in a long while. Some of the stores who have abandoned her sell tons of cds of rap songs that use the word over and over and over. And the media that so delicately refer to it as the 'N-word' is the same media that does everything but bow down and worship the rap artists.

“That's all folks...”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

#14579 Jun 30, 2013
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
Pardon me for butting in on the thread (ain't nobody home at my house) but this is the biggest display of sheer hyprocrisy I have seen in a long while. Some of the stores who have abandoned her sell tons of cds of rap songs that use the word over and over and over. And the media that so delicately refer to it as the 'N-word' is the same media that does everything but bow down and worship the rap artists.
Murph~~
Please, never refer to yourself as butting in here.
I welcome all us old time gals to the discussion.

Good point on the Rap~I would have never thought of it
that way.

I just don't think Paula Deen could have made it as far
as she has by being a mean person.

Level 8

Since: Mar 12

Sugar Land, TX

#14580 Jun 30, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm reading Under the Dome~~
It's a whopper, heaviest book I've ever tried
reading, in hardback no less.
Have you read, Glass Castles by Jeanette Wall?
W@W!!!
Thanks, Ruby!
I don't want to read a whopper LOL. But I might...from I just read about the show...it's really good.
Glass Castles also looks like a good read.
God, those poor kids though... from what I just read online... they had a horrible childhood.

Level 8

Since: Mar 12

Sugar Land, TX

#14581 Jun 30, 2013
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
Pardon me for butting in on the thread (ain't nobody home at my house) but this is the biggest display of sheer hyprocrisy I have seen in a long while. Some of the stores who have abandoned her sell tons of cds of rap songs that use the word over and over and over. And the media that so delicately refer to it as the 'N-word' is the same media that does everything but bow down and worship the rap artists.
You're never ever butting in here. You are one of us!!
Whether you like it or not lol.

That's a great point, Murph.

You know, she said that about the guy after the guy robbed her at gun point. This was a guy she bent over backwards
for and helped to get him a loan.
This whole Paula Deen said the N-word thing is just ridiculous.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#14582 Jun 30, 2013
JaneDear wrote:
<quoted text>
You're never ever butting in here. You are one of us!!
Whether you like it or not lol.
That's a great point, Murph.
You know, she said that about the guy after the guy robbed her at gun point. This was a guy she bent over backwards
for and helped to get him a loan.
This whole Paula Deen said the N-word thing is just ridiculous.
Thank you, Jane Dear and Ruby. You make me feel so good!
This Paula Deen thing with all the companies turning their backs on her and the media gleefully reporting each one sort of reminds me of a bunch of gangbangers seeing someone torturing a kitten and all piling in on the action.

“That's all folks...”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

#14583 Jun 30, 2013
JaneDear wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, Ruby!
I don't want to read a whopper LOL. But I might...from I just read about the show...it's really good.
Glass Castles also looks like a good read.
God, those poor kids though... from what I just read online... they had a horrible childhood.
I had started the book last year and put it aside to read something else.
Came back to it because of the series being filmed.
I wanted to know the characters from the book first.

Glass Castles~~I had to keep reminding myself it was a true
story, the memoirs of her childhood.
There are some people who have no business having children,
her parent's, case in point.

“That's all folks...”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

#14584 Jun 30, 2013
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, Jane Dear and Ruby. You make me feel so good!
This Paula Deen thing with all the companies turning their backs on her and the media gleefully reporting each one sort of reminds me of a bunch of gangbangers seeing someone torturing a kitten and all piling in on the action.
I'm not so sure this isn't going to have a backlash on
some of these big box stores.
If for no other reason, their hastiness in dumping all
things Paula Deen could be a very bad move for the Big
Guys...
Murph

Wichita, KS

#14585 Jun 30, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
I had started the book last year and put it aside to read something else.
Came back to it because of the series being filmed.
I wanted to know the characters from the book first.
Glass Castles~~I had to keep reminding myself it was a true
story, the memoirs of her childhood.
There are some people who have no business having children,
her parent's, case in point.
I read Glass Castles. It is an absolute miracle that those children survived their upbringing and a greater miracle that they all turned out so well.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Since: Apr 09

Happytown, USA

#14586 Jun 30, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
Murph~~
Please, never refer to yourself as butting in here.
I welcome all us old time gals to the discussion.
Good point on the Rap~I would have never thought of it
that way.
I just don't think Paula Deen could have made it as far
as she has by being a mean person.
Ruby, I agree with you on both counts.

:-)

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Since: Apr 09

Happytown, USA

#14587 Jun 30, 2013
JaneDear wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, Ruby!
I don't want to read a whopper LOL. But I might...from I just read about the show...it's really good.
Glass Castles also looks like a good read.
God, those poor kids though... from what I just read online... they had a horrible childhood.
:-)

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Since: Apr 09

Happytown, USA

#14588 Jun 30, 2013
JaneDear wrote:
<quoted text>
You're never ever butting in here. You are one of us!!
Whether you like it or not lol.
That's a great point, Murph.
You know, she said that about the guy after the guy robbed her at gun point. This was a guy she bent over backwards
for and helped to get him a loan.
This whole Paula Deen said the N-word thing is just ridiculous.
Hey sweet girl!

I agree! We'd all be dead if we had to cast the first stone, wouldn't we? I love Paula Deen, grits, hey y'all and all.

:-)

“That's all folks...”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

#14591 Jul 1, 2013
LizW wrote:
I'm seeing a lot of support for Paula Deen. Makes me wonder if some of the retailers and others are sorry now that they jumped the gun so fast in cutting ties with her.
Not to mention this is a bad time for the likes of Walmart
to be boycotted.
Right here on the cusp of back-to-school shopping...

“That's all folks...”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

#14592 Jul 1, 2013
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
I read Glass Castles. It is an absolute miracle that those children survived their upbringing and a greater miracle that they all turned out so well.
Murph~
Do you think the parents ever came to terms with how crappy
they treated their children or do you think they remained
happily clueless in their own made-up world?

“That's all folks...”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

#14593 Jul 1, 2013
http://books.google.com/books/about/My_Last_D...

I loved this book!
I think this would be a good read for anyone who
is pondering this Paula Deen situation.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#14594 Jul 1, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
Murph~
Do you think the parents ever came to terms with how crappy
they treated their children or do you think they remained
happily clueless in their own made-up world?
I got the feeling that those parents would go to their graves utterly convinced that they had given their children a happy, wonderful life.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Since: Apr 09

Happytown, USA

#14595 Jul 1, 2013
LizW wrote:
I'm seeing a lot of support for Paula Deen. Makes me wonder if some of the retailers and others are sorry now that they jumped the gun so fast in cutting ties with her.
Good afternoon Liz! Happy July 1st to all! Can you believe it's July already?

Liz, I think Paula Deen was damned if she apologized and damned if she didn't. I hope there is some kind of backlash to the companies who have dropped or maligned her in any way. I just read this morning that the publishers, I believe it was Ballantine Books, of her new cook book that was to be released this fall dropped. I hope she finds another publisher and it turns out to be a bestseller.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Since: Apr 09

Happytown, USA

#14596 Jul 1, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
Murph~
Do you think the parents ever came to terms with how crappy
they treated their children or do you think they remained
happily clueless in their own made-up world?
Y'all have me seriously wanting to read this book Ruby. I love it when you post up the ones you give a thumbs up. I may not always get to read every one, but there are a couple that you recommended to me that were excellent.

I've been having trouble sleeping lately, and I think I may try to take up reading at night like you've said you do. The oldest bookmark I have says, "A good book always puts me to sleep."

“That's all folks...”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

#14597 Jul 1, 2013
tribe mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Y'all have me seriously wanting to read this book Ruby. I love it when you post up the ones you give a thumbs up. I may not always get to read every one, but there are a couple that you recommended to me that were excellent.
I've been having trouble sleeping lately, and I think I may try to take up reading at night like you've said you do. The oldest bookmark I have says, "A good book always puts me to sleep."
It makes me happy when someone enjoys a book I recommend.
I read for about an hour before lights out, in the cool and
quiet of our bedroom. Curlie stays up an hour or two later
than I do.

If you haven't seen Bernie starring Jack Black, it's a great
movie.

“That's all folks...”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

#14598 Jul 1, 2013
Ron the hater is on a roll this week~~
In his twisted world, the 4th of July is the perfect time to spew.
After all, he's a good American just trying to
save all us heathens.

You can always tell when he's frustrated, he
turns even more vile and vulgar than usual.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Tony Rome 1,109,875
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 11 min EXECUTE KID KILLE... 487,404
15 homeless single moms in Osceola get housing ... (Dec '08) 1 hr fucknow 21
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr truth-facts 46,644
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) 4 hr born in 1930 2,484
Jodi Arias: Does the state have the goods to co... (Mar '13) 4 hr EXECUTE KID KILLE... 25,846
TIES between the OBAMA ADMINISTRATION and the L... 6 hr MARK TRAINA - NAAWP 1
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Orlando News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Orlando
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••