“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#14541 Jun 28, 2013
Good Morning All

Does anyone else think that this Paula Deen fiasco has gotten out of control?

Damn. Even Rev Al seems to think what happened 20 years ago is BS.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#14542 Jun 28, 2013
Where my Dad ended up was strictly for people with behavioral issues. Oh course after a few weeks of being there they were so drugged out of their mind that they no longer had behavior issues ( or could walk for that matter).
The rooms were all private but two people would share a bathroom and living area. My Dad's roommate was only my age. I wanted to say he was in a bad accident with trauma to the head but I can't remember for sure. He was in a wheelchair but for the most part you could carry on a conversation with him and he seemed perfectly fine. I felt so bad for him, can you even imagine being so young and stuck in a place like that.
Then across the hall was a woman who was about 50. She was waitressing and fell, she also sustained some type of head trauma. It seemed like every time we saw her she was crying, she never had any visitors so my sister and I would bring her up little things like shower gels, lotion, make-up, puzzle books, etc. One day we went up to visit dad and they told us Sharon suddenly passed away. I really hated that place, once Dad was settled down ( i.e. couldn't walk or talk) and we could move him closer to home. The home we found was much nicer. They pretty much always had the patients ALL in the dayroom with some type of activity planned. The nurses and aides all seemed very caring as well.
I Be Mousie wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Liz...I knew you had been thru this but did not want to
post about it until you did.
This sounds like what I am going thru. It is a shame that more homes do not have a ward with security instead of just putting all into same location.
I know it has to do with paients rights but it makes it hard to
find a place that will take them.
And to put them in a hospital does not keep them from wandering unless they are sedated.The bad thing is that the body is healthy
just the mind is sick.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Location hidden

#14543 Jun 28, 2013
Yeah Dress Syndrome sucks, and what's worse is most doctor's aren't even sure how to treat it. The rash part was crazy. She would go from welts covering her body to her skin peeling off and looking like baby skin, and then a couple days later it would be like leather. It makes you so bloated that your skin actually starts to crack unless you sit still.

With my Dad the aggressiveness didn't start until he first went into the nursing home. He was always such a sweet, mellow man. My Mom had aides come in during the day but that didn't work out too well, plus he was up all night roaming around the house. As soon as we put Dad in the nursing home he was like a different person. He couldn't adjust to being there and was more or less just lashing out at all the workers.
Spooky Mulder wrote:
<quoted text>
Dang!!! That sounds horrible. Your poor sister.
Nursing homes just suck all the money they can get out of a person, then they want you to sell your house so they can get more. My mom and I could still take care of my dad. We didn't have to put him in a nursing home. But he was never aggressive or violent. If he had, we would have done the same thing thatnyou did.

Level 8

Since: Mar 12

Sugar Land, TX

#14544 Jun 28, 2013
I Be Mousie wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for sharing with me. I just left him and tonight he was
so much like the old self it breaks my heart. But ten mimutes later
he can turn on me and it is not safe to be caught alone.
The one reason I am talking about this is to make some of you aware that you need to make plans and check out your affairs now.
Not after something happens. It can be very hard trying to deal
with the person and all the things you have to do.Things like guardianship or poa can be done when both people can discus it.
Thanks to all. Your words help.
Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
<3

“That's all folks...”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

#14545 Jun 28, 2013
Good morning~~
I appreciate everyone talking honest and open about this dreadful disease that could strike
any of us or a family member at random.

Twenty years ago I wouldn't have given Alz much
thought. Today I'm very aware of it.

Like Mousie said, I don't dislike anyone so much
as to wish this tragic condition on them or a
loved one.

Level 6

Since: Aug 10

United States

#14546 Jun 28, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
Good morning~~
I appreciate everyone talking honest and open about this dreadful disease that could strike
any of us or a family member at random.
Twenty years ago I wouldn't have given Alz much
thought. Today I'm very aware of it.
Like Mousie said, I don't dislike anyone so much
as to wish this tragic condition on them or a
loved one.
GM all...Ruby you are right 20 yrs ago I never gave a thought
to Alz.. Cancer was and still is the one that I hate. It took my
whole family expect my kids and brother in a 4 yr period.
I am amazed that we can put a man on the moon but cannot find
a way to stop alz or cancer.
And if you know some one who works in a nursing home at least 98% of them are kind special people.
I am going to put this nursing home up for a Christmas project in
my neighborhood.Out of the 62 people in the home at least 90% have no vistors.

Level 6

United States

#14547 Jun 28, 2013
JaneDear wrote:
<quoted text>
Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
<3
Thank's dear Jane..

Level 9

Since: Sep 11

Weeki Wachee, Florida

#14548 Jun 28, 2013
I posted this on the Jodi thread but it was is such good info that it's worth repeating:

https://www.facebook.com/Kelekia1/posts/10151...

Level 7

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#14549 Jun 28, 2013
Spooky Mulder wrote:
I posted this on the Jodi thread but it was is such good info that it's worth repeating:
https://www.facebook.com/Kelekia1/posts/10151...
Some nice discounts there even thou I don't fit the age requirements..
Snickers

Dallas, TX

#14550 Jun 28, 2013
LOL........

Level 2

Since: Jun 13

Dundas, Canada

#14551 Jun 28, 2013
The Real Missy wrote:
<quoted text>
Some nice discounts there even thou I don't fit the age requirements..
Spooky is like 70 ish.

Level 7

Location hidden

#14555 Jun 29, 2013
LizW wrote:
Who are you kidding, you're 92 if your a day. Of course then that makes me around 100 yrs old!<quoted text>
Haha, some days I feel like I am 92.. You should ask for a discount every time you take your Mom shopping. You never know. I get a military discount at several places, usually the department and clothing stores do not give Military discounts, but hardware stores, sprint, airlines, hotels, and several reastraunts do.

Level 9

Weeki Wachee, Florida

#14556 Jun 29, 2013
puffpuffpass wrote:
<quoted text>
Spooky is like 70 ish.
If I'm 70ish, you must be 100, and still childish.

Level 2

Since: Jun 13

Dundas, Canada

#14557 Jun 29, 2013
Spooky Mulder wrote:
<quoted text>
If I'm 70ish, you must be 100, and still childish.
Oh, and your reply was so adult. I'm in my 30's granny.

Level 9

Weeki Wachee, Florida

#14559 Jun 29, 2013
puffpuffpass wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, and your reply was so adult. I'm in my 30's granny.
For a person in their 30's, you spend 95% of your day here, changing hats. Doesn't say much for you, does it Skippy?

Level 8

Sugar Land, TX

#14560 Jun 29, 2013
You know the crazy guy on youtube crying and saying,
LEAVE Britney ALONE? This guy;

That's the way I feel about Paula Deen LOL.

Level 7

Location hidden

#14561 Jun 29, 2013
JaneDear wrote:
You know the crazy guy on youtube crying and saying,
LEAVE Britney ALONE? This guy;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =kHmvkRoEowcXX
That's the way I feel about Paula Deen LOL.
Well I would look at it differently if she had just said something racist recently in public but 27 years ago? Come on.

Level 6

United States

#14562 Jun 29, 2013
The Real Missy wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I would look at it differently if she had just said something racist recently in public but 27 years ago? Come on.
Hi all...I am with you. Leave the poor lady alone.
I would bet you if the truth was told all of us over 40 have said
that word when we were young.When we played games that is how we choose sides you know any,memy,mighty Moe.
I have many,many, black friends and they do not mind that I say
black and not Africa American .But I would never ever in this day
and time say the N word.
But on the other side I wish the black parents would teach their
children not to call everything and everybody a Mother *ucker.
Paula worked very hard as a single Mom to get where she at why
tear her down over something taken out of text?

Level 6

United States

#14563 Jun 29, 2013
Oh and something else..I think some of the stores that ban Paula products should ban the young
blacks from their store for walking around with
their pants falling down below their knees..I am sick of seeing underwear or some one holding their pants up every step they take.

Level 8

Sugar Land, TX

#14564 Jun 29, 2013
I Be Mousie wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi all...I am with you. Leave the poor lady alone.
I would bet you if the truth was told all of us over 40 have said
that word when we were young.When we played games that is how we choose sides you know any,memy,mighty Moe.
I have many,many, black friends and they do not mind that I say
black and not Africa American .But I would never ever in this day
and time say the N word.
But on the other side I wish the black parents would teach their
children not to call everything and everybody a Mother *ucker.
Paula worked very hard as a single Mom to get where she at why
tear her down over something taken out of text?
Exactly!
The woman is 60+ years old. Things were a lot different back when she was coming up...Besides, what she said was over 20 years ago. Sheesh.
I just read a story that she also said something about not being able to see her black friend when her friend was standing in front of a blackboard. She is her FRIEND. That right there should tell you something. And if her black FRIEND didn't mind the joke then why should anyone else care?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min the deplorable Jo... 1,431,797
News Hillary Clinton speaks in Orlando on her plan f... 36 min Go Blue Forever 9
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 44 min zazz 98,198
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 11 hr VN Vet 61,476
Donald Trump for President 12 hr USAsince1680 1
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 22 hr Murphey_Law 513,498
News Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School custodians... (May '09) Sun MrTripsOnTheory 191

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages